President Trump declines invitation to speak at NAACP convention

He's not just the president for white people, he's supposed to be everybody's president. For sure there are some organizations where you don't go, white supremacists for example, but I think he should have accepted their invite and laid out for them what he thinks should be done and how they can improve their situation. No BS, just straight talk about what they need to do so their kids won't be in the same boat the black community is right now.

They hate him so why bother?

A lot of blacks came out for Trump and I hope he doesnt spoil their goodwill because of this. But I understand why he wouldnt want to speak at the NAACP.

Blacks who voted for President Trump are not likely to be members of any racist organization.

That crossed my mind but it could still piss off some of them.
There are several videos out there about why they support Trump they usually refer to his money and power.

He's not just the president for white people, he's supposed to be everybody's president. For sure there are some organizations where you don't go, white supremacists for example, but I think he should have accepted their invite and laid out for them what he thinks should be done and how they can improve their situation. No BS, just straight talk about what they need to do so their kids won't be in the same boat the black community is right now.

I would agree with you if we had an honest press.
These MFers would have hit him with gotcha bullshit and the LSM would back it up.

So you'd be fine with him speaking at the American Freedom Party convention?

They are suing him. The invitation was just for show, I imagine.
Trump Sued by the NAACP Over Election Integrity Commission
They hate him so why bother?

A lot of blacks came out for Trump and I hope he doesnt spoil their goodwill because of this. But I understand why he wouldnt want to speak at the NAACP.

Blacks who voted for President Trump are not likely to be members of any racist organization.

That crossed my mind but it could still piss off some of them.
There are several videos out there about why they support Trump they usually refer to his money and power.

They are suing him. Why should he?

I would agree with you if we had an honest press.
These MFers would have hit him with gotcha bullshit and the LSM would back it up.

Still gotta be the president for all of us. Ducking his responsibilities cuz he's afraid of getting bad press is a pretty poor excuse IMHO.

Did I not say there are some organizations he should not speak to, such as white supremacists?

They are suing him. Why should he?

"He's not just the president for white people, he's supposed to be everybody's president."

The first line in my post, does it require further explanation? I don't care if they are suing him for political bullshit reasons, it's his job to talk to those organizations that have an impact on a significant number of Americans no matter who they are. Obviously some discretion is required and he can't be everywhere, but I think it's a mistake to avoid talkng to the NAACP.

Did I not say there are some organizations he should not speak to, such as white supremacists?

The NAACP is a racist organization. What is the difference?

Forum List

Back