President Trump launches National Dispose Of Your Drugs Day to Combat opioid addiction/mental health

I'm trying to figure out how people have all these unused opioids laying around when it is practically impossible to even get them now when you actually need them as a surgery patient? And if they are just laying around, who cares?

And how it can be such an epidemic when it is one of the lowest causes of death down there with hepatitis?

Leading causes of death.png

Legit prescriptions on your kitchen counter were never the problem, illegal smuggling and street use is.

While giving people a safe place to dispose of their unused opiates might help to prevent someone from misusing them, it will do nothing for those who are already addicted.

Basically, this is a useless "feel good" gesture. If you knew anything about addiction and opiates, you would know this isn't really going to help very much.

I'm trying to figure out how people have all these unused opioids laying around when it is practically impossible to even get them now when you actually need them as a surgery patient? And if they are just laying around, who cares?

And how it can be such an epidemic when it is one of the lowest causes of death down there with hepatitis?

View attachment 258148

Legit prescriptions on your kitchen counter were never the problem, illegal smuggling and street use is.

1. You are using worldwide data rather than US data in the chart
2. What makes you think opiods are "practically impossible to even get"?

In 2017, according to the CDC, 47,600 overdose deaths involved opiods (other than methadone). That was 67.8% of overdose deaths. Drug Overdose Deaths | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

View attachment 258148

I never realized that suicide surpassed
Murder as a cause of death.

Jo

View attachment 258148

In 2017, according to the CDC, 47,600 overdose deaths involved opiods (other than methadone). That was 67.8% of overdose deaths. Drug Overdose Deaths | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

Because I was a surgery patient last year and had to drag myself out of bed, INJURE myself using the just operated part of my body to drive to the doctor's office because I had to PERSONALLY pick up the script then PERSONALLY deliver it to the pharmacy, not a day early or late to get it filled, if I was late, I was penalized days without medication, then drive home in agony just to get a 7 day supply of pain pills. It added months to my recovery.

The fed can't control the actual problem the illegal trade, so they make a good show of it by denying needed medication to actual patients. Just last week, I couldn't get cough medicine filled to keep from coughing (blood clots in lungs), because the pain medication for my back that helps me sleep also had a TRACE of codeine in it! GOOD JOB FED! YOU'RE REALLY CLEANING UP THE OPIOID PROBLEM ON THE STREET BY KEEPING MEDICINE FROM ACTUAL SICK PEOPLE THAT YOU ONLY ALLOW PRESCRIBED ENOUGH FOR A FEW DAYS AT A TIME! :clap2::clap2::clap:

View attachment 258148

Because I was a surgery patient last year and had to drag myself out of bed, INJURE myself using the just operated part of my body to drive to the doctor's office because I had to PERSONALLY pick up the script then PERSONALLY deliver it to the pharmacy, not a day early or late to get it filled, if I was late, I was penalized days without medication, then drive home in agony just to get a 7 day supply of pain pills. It added months to my recovery.

The fed can't control the actual problem the illegal trade, so they make a good show of it by denying needed medication to actual patients. Just last week, I couldn't get cough medicine filled to keep from coughing (blood clots in lungs), because the pain medication for my back that helps me sleep also had a TRACE of codeine in it! GOOD JOB FED! YOU'RE REALLY CLEANING UP THE OPIOID PROBLEM ON THE STREET BY KEEPING MEDICINE FROM ACTUAL SICK PEOPLE THAT YOU ONLY ALLOW PRESCRIBED ENOUGH FOR A FEW DAYS AT A TIME! :clap2::clap2::clap:
When I had the bones and nerves in my foot operated on, I didn't get any thing at all for the pain. I had three doctors none of whom would prescribe anything. If I went somewhere I drove myself. I could not even get a temporary disabled plaque. It took seven months and several surgeries before I was 95% of pain free normal. I finally told the doctor i had to find someone else. I just could not forgive him for letting me suffer so much.

View attachment 258148

When I had the bones and nerves in my foot operated on, I didn't get any thing at all for the pain. I had three doctors none of whom would prescribe anything. If I went somewhere I drove myself. I could not even get a temporary disabled plaque. It took seven months and several surgeries before I was 95% of pain free normal. I finally told the doctor i had to find someone else. I just could not forgive him for letting me suffer so much.

What an irony medicine is. The two most prevalent medical conditions are obesity and pain. Obesity is the corollary of half the medical problems out there, yet it is like pulling hens teeth to get them to prescribe an appetite suppressant or metabolic stimulant, they all want to send you to a "diet center" where you supposedly get put on a special "diet" which most people can't afford or make or stay on for the months and years required to lose the weight.

The other is PAIN, the result of disease or illness or untreatable condition, and because of uncontrolled failure of government to deal with illegal street traffic and abuse, decide to withhold pain medication from the legitimate needers of the medicine.

Forum List

Back