President Trump Starts Nominations to Lower Level Courts

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
With hundreds of vacancies, the president is starting to try to fulfill his campaign promises. He’s already nominated one, District Judge Amul Thapar, and has a slate of 9 more he will submit to the Senate.

For example, the two state justices who were on the potential Supreme Court list, Joan Larsen and David Stras, are engaged jurists who will make terrific circuit judges. Kevin Newsom is a serious lawyer and public servant who will serve the nation well. Pacific Legal Foundation’s Damien Schiff, with whom I’ve worked on many cases, is an inspired pick for the Court of Federal Claims.

More @ Trump's First Slate of Lower-Court Judges Is Big League

Trump To Announce Record Number Of Seats to Federal Bench @ Trump To Announce Record Number Of Seats to Federal Bench

Trump Selects Conservatives for Courts of Appeal @ Trump selects conservatives for courts of appeals this article states: The nominees make up an impressive list of highly respected jurists, attorneys and legal thinkers. Those of us who doubted Trump would take judicial nominations seriously may have some crow to eat. Especially when one looks at the names to be announced for appellate court vacancies, this is as strong a list of nominees as one could hope for.

Yep, judges that will take my rights away and repress my freedoms.

How is this right?

Forum List

Back