President Trump Suggests Those Getting A Check Have To Do SOMETHING To Earn It...

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
...not just sit on their ass until time to walk to the mailbox to pick up their tax-payer funded check.

President Trump proposes vast work-for-benefits requirements, setting up clash with Libs in Congress

Before any snowflakes star raising hell ....ignorantly... please make sure you fully understand that THERE ALREAYD ARE FOR-BENEFITS WORK REQUIREMENTS. President Trump is not creatnig anything NEW - he is calling for their expansion.

"The budget aims to implement new welfare requirements -- namely, that Americans 18-65 years old work at least 20 hours a week in a job, a job training program or a community service program to secure a range of benefits and aid.

According to the administration, the work requirement would apply to federal programs like food stamps, Medicaid, and federal housing, but would come with a hardship exemption.
Last year, the administration opened the door for states to impose work requirements for Medicaid recipients. This part of the budget proposal would bring those work requirements to the federal level.

The proposal would represent an expansion of work requirements, though some already are in place. For the past several administrations, able-bodied recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps) have mostly had to work at least 80 hours a month -- while recipients of traditional welfare known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) have also faced work requirements."

Trump releases budget seeking billions for border wall, work requirements for welfare programs

Of course, no one who is not physically unable to work will not have their benefits stripped from them.

IMO, the 'possibility of Random Drug Tests' should also be included, and anyone who gets caught in one of these random (rare) drug tests as doing illegal drugs while able-bodied and not working should be booted from the programs...IMHO...

I don't see why I should have to work just to live. I pay enough towards society through cigarette and alcohol taxes. I should be reimbursed by the government. All I ask for is enough to buy McDonald's for dinner. Is that too much to ask?

...not just sit on their ass until time to walk to the mailbox to pick up their tax-payer funded check.

President Trump proposes vast work-for-benefits requirements, setting up clash with Libs in Congress

Before any snowflakes star raising hell ....ignorantly... please make sure you fully understand that THERE ALREAYD ARE FOR-BENEFITS WORK REQUIREMENTS. President Trump is not creatnig anything NEW - he is calling for their expansion.

"The budget aims to implement new welfare requirements -- namely, that Americans 18-65 years old work at least 20 hours a week in a job, a job training program or a community service program to secure a range of benefits and aid.

According to the administration, the work requirement would apply to federal programs like food stamps, Medicaid, and federal housing, but would come with a hardship exemption.
Last year, the administration opened the door for states to impose work requirements for Medicaid recipients. This part of the budget proposal would bring those work requirements to the federal level.

The proposal would represent an expansion of work requirements, though some already are in place. For the past several administrations, able-bodied recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps) have mostly had to work at least 80 hours a month -- while recipients of traditional welfare known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) have also faced work requirements."

Trump releases budget seeking billions for border wall, work requirements for welfare programs

Of course, no one who is not physically unable to work will not have their benefits stripped from them.

IMO, the 'possibility of Random Drug Tests' should also be included, and anyone who gets caught in one of these random (rare) drug tests as doing illegal drugs while able-bodied and not working should be booted from the programs...IMHO...

That hasn't worked terribly well in my neck of the woods. When it went into effect here--for TANF and SNAP and Medicaid benefits--social workers went about nuts trying to find enough jobs or community service orgs for these folks to work at. A lot of them had no employability skills and would do swinging door employment, in one door and within a month or two, out the other. And because it is difficult to meet the requirements for "community service orgs" there were very few opportunities. Plus around here, poor people don't have reliable transportation and there is no public transportation. So it was a migraine headache.

Have fun, America.

The federal aid should go back to the states who paid it and the states should decide on the rules for the recipients.

I don't see why I should have to work just to live. I pay enough towards society through cigarette and alcohol taxes. I should be reimbursed by the government. All I ask for is enough to buy McDonald's for dinner. Is that too much to ask?
Your mama didn't read you The Little Red Hen, did she?

That hasn't worked terribly well in my neck of the woods. When it went into effect here--for TANF and SNAP and Medicaid benefits--social workers went about nuts trying to find enough jobs or community service orgs for these folks to work at. A lot of them had no employability skills and would do swinging door employment, in one door and within a month or two, out the other. And because it is difficult to meet the requirements for "community service orgs" there were very few opportunities. Plus around here, poor people don't have reliable transportation and there is no public transportation. So it was a migraine headache.

Have fun, America.

That's exactly why the programs need revamped everyone knows someone who abuses the system. Gets benefits through fraud or Sell Snap cards for cash etc. You could offer them 50 an hour and they still wouldn't work or can't because of drug use. where do you live that there is no Public transportation. You mean it doesn't come to your door and pick you up right!:5_1_12024:learn to walk! it's under rated!

That hasn't worked terribly well in my neck of the woods. When it went into effect here--for TANF and SNAP and Medicaid benefits--social workers went about nuts trying to find enough jobs or community service orgs for these folks to work at.
Have you ever been to Japan? One of the 1st things that struck me as significant when I 1st got off the plane was that I noticed - THERE IS NO TRASH .... ANYWHERE. Besides taking pride in their country, which spoiled gangsta / electronics-addicts, etc... in this country could care less about because they take it all for granted, they have a LOT of people simply picking up trash. It would be so easy to tell people to pick up trash right around their own neighborhood.

(One of the main problems I see after living in Japan for several years was that most Americans have NO RESPECT / NO PRIDE....in just about everything. They have no pride in how they look, how they present themselves, how their rooms look, how their homes look, how their communities look...they have no real respect for themselves, no real respect for their elders, for others, for their own HERITAGE, HISTORY, AND CULTURE (which is BY DESIGN. Liberals are trying to BREED love for country, knowledge about our Founding Fathers, the Constitution, America...out of people so we no longer know who we are or where we came from....SO DEMOCRATS CAN TELL US ALL).

Two of the many things American need a dose of are pride and respect. Part of those comes from knowing who you are, where you came from, WHO you came from, and knowing we as a country are better than who we are right now.

The federal aid should go back to the states who paid it and the states should decide on the rules for the recipients.

It's a grandstand, get more votes, move.. Most of what it wants to cover is already done by the States. If a state wants that type of program they can have it. I support the state doing just that.

And there are plenty of "Jobs" that these people can do. Even if it's only a day a week or a couple of hours a day. Same goes for unemployment insurance. How much skill does it take to fill a pothole using a shovel, rake and a wheel barrow with proper supervision. How much skill does it take to pick up trash along highways. How much skill does it take to be a school crossing guard. And then there are the non profits that could use assistance as well. No American should be GIVEN anything.

SNAP is NOT a federal program. Yes, Federal money does go into it but so does state and county funds. It's administered by the State and County as well as the Metros and towns. What I would like to see is for them to clean that system up. Why is Energy Drinks and Soft Drinks on the list of what you can buy along with a lot of other "Luxury" items? The Frauds that have gone on have been done using these items. Just take them off the list. And let's not forget the Cash Withdrawals as well. If they want cash, I am sure that there is some kind off labor that can be done for the community for that "Cash". Get the "'Cash" off the Snap system.

But it's not up to the Federals to do it. It must happen from the States. And any Federal that keeps saying, "Here, let me" will lose in a Federal Court as that would be deemed Unconstitutional big time. What the Feds can do is to remove the money they are sending for those programs until the State starts doing it smarter. But that's it. The State can tell the Feds to keep their money and go pound sand.

A single mother with young children...are they going to work?

What about two adults in a household, do they both have to work?

It's a grandstand, get more votes, move.. Most of what it wants to cover is already done by the States. If a state wants that type of program they can have it. I support the state doing just that.

And there are plenty of "Jobs" that these people can do. Even if it's only a day a week or a couple of hours a day. Same goes for unemployment insurance. How much skill does it take to fill a pothole using a shovel, rake and a wheel barrow with proper supervision. How much skill does it take to pick up trash along highways. How much skill does it take to be a school crossing guard. And then there are the non profits that could use assistance as well. No American should be GIVEN anything.

SNAP is NOT a federal program. Yes, Federal money does go into it but so does state and county funds. It's administered by the State and County as well as the Metros and towns. What I would like to see is for them to clean that system up. Why is Energy Drinks and Soft Drinks on the list of what you can buy along with a lot of other "Luxury" items? The Frauds that have gone on have been done using these items. Just take them off the list. And let's not forget the Cash Withdrawals as well. If they want cash, I am sure that there is some kind off labor that can be done for the community for that "Cash". Get the "'Cash" off the Snap system.

But it's not up to the Federals to do it. It must happen from the States. And any Federal that keeps saying, "Here, let me" will lose in a Federal Court as that would be deemed Unconstitutional big time. What the Feds can do is to remove the money they are sending for those programs until the State starts doing it smarter. But that's it. The State can tell the Feds to keep their money and go pound sand.
We don't need facts, thank you. (-:

And who says the fed govt can't control everything?

Have fun, America.

That's exactly why the programs need revamped everyone knows someone who abuses the system. Gets benefits through fraud or Sell Snap cards for cash etc. You could offer them 50 an hour and they still wouldn't work or can't because of drug use. where do you live that there is no Public transportation. You mean it doesn't come to your door and pick you up right!:5_1_12024:learn to walk! it's under rated!
You don't have a clue what you're talking about, so shut up.

President Trump Suggests Those Getting A Check Have To Do SOMETHING To Earn It..
Gee, that would have been a great move by Fred Trump on his son, Donald!
Fred gave MILLIONS to Donald without Donald “earning” anything growing up, except for kissing his rich dad’s ass.
And Donald avoided military service with a bogus excuse.
With a silver spoon for some, life is not fair to the poor unfortunates, no?

A single mother with young children...are they going to work? What about two adults in a household, do they both have to work?

You should really actually READ these posts.

1st: Answered. If physically can not work or in cases like this one, there could / would be exceptions.

2nd: Do they both get a govt check or just one of them?

Now, pulling back out of the 'weeds' where you are trying to get this discussion to go, big picture - what's your beef with asking able-bodied Americans who choose to sit on their ass and get a check (or those who have no physical or otherwise reason they could not do so) doing a little work to earn my tax dollar-funded check?

President Trump Suggests Those Getting A Check Have To Do SOMETHING To Earn It..
Gee, that would have been a great move by Fred Trump on his son, Donald!
Fred gave MILLIONS to Donald without Donald “earning” anything growing up, except for kissing his rich dad’s ass.
And Donald avoided military service with a bogus excuse.
With a silver spoon for some, life is not fair to the poor unfortunates, no?
Wealth / Success ENVY? REALLY?

We are not talking about what people do with their own money. We are talking about what the government does with MY money they TAKE from me and give to someone else.

this is why it's done at the lowest government level. Each case needs to be handled seperately.

SNAP is a nutrition program. It uses federal funds to reimburse schools in the program for meals served. They get reimbursed for all meal served including to kids who are from household that do not qualify for other types of assistance based on household income. But seriously the amount they get is not really a whole hell of a lot.

What Benefits Can You Expect If You're Eligible for SNAP?

But I have no problem with making able bodies do some kind of work if that is what the State decided. I think localities should be given more leeway for poverty stricken areas.

well my daughters all did, and my first wife did. why can't someone like these women? you know the lazy ones who use kids as a cover.

Forum List

Back