President Trump wants to cut energy assistance to the poor

Even the briefest look at the program (if you aren't a hate crazed left wing nut case) will tell you that it is open for the worst kind of fraud and corruption. It doesn't even have a a system that checks up on the grants. The crazy left interviews one of the recipients of the grant money who claims everything is fine and they walk away. The hypocrite left used to hate big energy and corporate welfare but they hate the Trump administration more. You almost gotta laugh that the crazy hate filled left apparently thinks that a photo shopped cartoon or video substitutes for an argument. How did they ever get through school? Playing video games?

general" in this sense, means "national". An individual receiving assistance that EVERYONE else isnt receiving is unconstitutional.

Ah I see. So in Judge Harley's court the only way to go is a guaranteed energy subsidy for everybody, regardless of need.

Why does it strike me that that would take way more money? I'm not real good at math.

Here is a quot from Prez Monroe on rebuilding the cumberland road “to purposes of common defence, and of general, national, not local, or state, benefit.”
a big fire broke out in savannah and almost destroyed the entire city. They received no federal funding. Wanna know why? The fourth congress understood it was unconstitutional.
Wanna know why? Because local benefit is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. In order for it to meet Constitutional requirements, it has to be NATIONAL. Applied equally between all states and individuals.

------ sooooo the welfare of Savannah (if it's the city it's capitalized) doesn't matter to the nation? Are there certain cities that matter and others that don't? Are not the residents of Savannah .... American citizens?

Should the Army Corps of Engineers NOT have done all that work on the Mississippi River after the disastrous flooding of 1927?
When shit doesnt make sense, you change it. You dont corrupt it. You dont discuss in a dishonest way like raping the definitions of words. You CHANGE IT. All you have to do, if you want to wipe everyones ass, is AMEND it. Dont shit all over it. And dont throw away your integrity acting like you dont know what general means.

I know exactly what general means, and I'm still demanding to know in what universe general is not comprised of individuals. Show me that universe. With a link to Google Maps.
Its compromised of individuals as a whole, you fucking idiot.
If it meant on an individual basis, it would say "and promote the individual welfare"
Evidently you really dont know what general means :lol:
Not to mention, i even posted a little history for you. But god forbid, pogo be wrong about something.. Grow up, you damn dinosaur

You CANNOT promote the general welfare WITHOUT benefiting the individuals therein.

Holy SHIT you're an obtuse mothafucka :banghead:
You miss my entire fucking point.
Philosophy has corrupted that document. Its so sad. I mean, just look at you :/
I mean, local interests not meeting "general" requirements, meet requirements? How fucking deluded is that?

As I've said many times, it's one of the cornerstones of conservative economic policy -

do whatever they can to widen the gap between rich and poor.

CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF FAKE NEWS.

Not mentioned in any article I could find, is that Trump wants to kill the FEDERAL assistance program and REPLACE IT with programs served by the state. Which he is right, people would be better served locally and less chance of fraud.

Ah I see. So in Judge Harley's court the only way to go is a guaranteed energy subsidy for everybody, regardless of need.

Why does it strike me that that would take way more money? I'm not real good at math.

------ sooooo the welfare of Savannah (if it's the city it's capitalized) doesn't matter to the nation? Are there certain cities that matter and others that don't? Are not the residents of Savannah .... American citizens?

Should the Army Corps of Engineers NOT have done all that work on the Mississippi River after the disastrous flooding of 1927?
When shit doesnt make sense, you change it. You dont corrupt it. You dont discuss in a dishonest way like raping the definitions of words. You CHANGE IT. All you have to do, if you want to wipe everyones ass, is AMEND it. Dont shit all over it. And dont throw away your integrity acting like you dont know what general means.

I know exactly what general means, and I'm still demanding to know in what universe general is not comprised of individuals. Show me that universe. With a link to Google Maps.
If it meant on an individual basis, it would say "and promote the individual welfare"
Not to mention, i even posted a little history for you. But god forbid, pogo be wrong about something.. Grow up, you damn dinosaur

You CANNOT promote the general welfare WITHOUT benefiting the individuals therein.

I mean, local interests not meeting "general" requirements, meet requirements? How fucking deluded is that?

So your answer to the question you won't answer is that it was unConstitutional for the Army Corps of Engineers to work on the Mississippi River or the levees in New Orleans, since there was no direct benefit to the citizens of Nevada.

I'd wager if a headlight goes out in your car you don't bother to fix it on the basis that it doesn't affect the brakes.

So your answer to the question you won't answer is that it was unConstitutional for the Army Corps of Engineers to work on the Mississippi River or the levees in New Orleans, since there was no direct benefit to the citizens of Nevada.

I'd wager if a headlight goes out in your car you don't bother to fix it on the basis that it doesn't affect the brakes.
God you are so fucking dumb.
Do me a favor, ACTUALLY go read some history. I get so tired of you prancing around like a know it all and dont know shit about it.
Have a good one pogo

Even the briefest look at the program (if you aren't a hate crazed left wing nut case) will tell you that it is open for the worst kind of fraud and corruption. It doesn't even have a a system that checks up on the grants. The crazy left interviews one of the recipients of the grant money who claims everything is fine and they walk away. The hypocrite left used to hate big energy and corporate welfare but they hate the Trump administration more. You almost gotta laugh that the crazy hate filled left apparently thinks that a photo shopped cartoon or video substitutes for an argument. How did they ever get through school? Playing video games?

Once AGAIN --- first, if you have any evidence of fraud anywhere, SHOW THE EVIDENCE -- and simply posting it on a message board and muttering "everybody knows" does not constitute 'evidence' --- and secondly, LIHEAP does not go to corporations; it goes to pay people's energy bills. It pays bills those people cannot. That means it isn't used to go buy crack or crackerjack or anything else but energy.

Do me a favor, ACTUALLY go read some history. I get so tired of you prancing around like a know it all and dont know shit about it.
Have a good one pogo

That's why you wouldn't touch that question. You knew doing so would collapse your house of cards.

Not mentioned in any article I could find, is that Trump wants to kill the FEDERAL assistance program and REPLACE IT with programs served by the state. Which he is right, people would be better served locally and less chance of fraud.

Whitehall made that claim. He has yet to back it up.

Once AGAIN --- first, if you have any evidence of fraud anywhere, SHOW THE EVIDENCE -- and simply posting it on a message board and muttering "everybody knows" does not constitute 'evidence' --- and secondly, LIHEAP does not go to corporations; it goes to pay people's energy bills. It pays bills those people cannot. That means it isn't used to go buy crack or crackerjack or anything else but energy.

Yet you fail to mention that Trump is simply wanting to end the Federal program in favor of programs already in place ta the state level. This would be a good thing. But of course today's Fake News....I could not find a single article that mentions this fact. He isn't out to "kill poor people"... he simply wants to move the program from the federal government to the state governments.
Geez

Whitehall made that claim. He has yet to back it up.

Read the budget itself, it is right there in black and white and available to download. Page 51 I believe it is.

Here you go...........

untitled.JPG

wasn't mentioned because it's non-existent

have an ice day

The fed gov shouldnt be subsidizing energy.
I just wish you statist dumbfucks would amend the Constitution instead of shitting all over it.

Where's the Constitution mention "heat"? Hm?

Wanna see the part where it says it's there to "promote the general Welfare"?
So, the constitution says it will "promote" general welfare, not "provide" general welfare.

Promote, meaning, make conditions favorable, or conducive to general welfare.

Have a good one pogo

Chill TN, apparently SOME people don't understand that the domestic economy is highly interconnected and inter-dependent so when something like say an enormous flood happens over one vast swath of the country most other areas will be negatively impacted from an economic standpoint and thus expenditures pursuant to preventing such occurrences actually do benefit nearly everyone aka it fits the criteria for "general welfare" .....

This ignorance of economics leads them to use absolutely stupid fucking examples to try and support their specious arguments. :cool:

The fed gov shouldnt be subsidizing energy.
I just wish you statist dumbfucks would amend the Constitution instead of shitting all over it.

Where's the Constitution mention "heat"? Hm?

Wanna see the part where it says it's there to "promote the general Welfare"?
So, the constitution says it will "promote" general welfare, not "provide" general welfare.

Promote, meaning, make conditions favorable, or conducive to general welfare.

Correct. Which is what energy assistance to those who need it --- does.

It doesn't heat your house or turn the heat on. It just makes it possible for the end user to do that.

You're not better served locally if the federal government guarantees you assistance, if you qualify, and then the federal government ends that assistance

and your state says no thanks to making up the difference.

Forum List

Back