President Trump wants to cut energy assistance to the poor

heat assistance is administered by local govt

You are here:

HOME / Get Help With Your Energy Bills
Get Help With Your Energy Bills
  • Low-Income Energy Office
    Find contact information for your local Low-Income Energy Office.
  • Utility and Charitable Programs
    Select your state in the dropdown list to find utility and charitable programs in your area that may be able to offer some assistance with your energy bill.
  • National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR)
    If you need help finding your local Low-Income Energy Office, call the National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR) toll-free at 1-866-674-6327 or TTY 1-866-367-6228 for energy assistance referral. Or, email NEAR at [email protected].
    NEAR is a free service for persons who want information on where to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which may pay a portion of the energy bills of eligible low-income persons. Please include your city, county and state in your email message.
  • LIHEAP Applications
    Some states have LIHEAP applications posted online.
Get Help With Your Energy Bills | The LIHEAP Clearinghouse

derp

Clearly you can't read. :D
Read your own link ya dufus

i did

should i wait until you find someone to do it for you?

Obviously you didn't.
This site points you to OTHER programs that are available to you at a local level, including charities.

I'm not opposed to federal assistance programs, but I'm also under no illusions that these programs aren't abused by druggies and losers who don't have any sort of physical impairment. How is the LIHEAP program different from the HEAP program?

Really? That’s the sword you’re going to fall on. That the seniors who are benefitting from this program are drug addicts?

How many seniors do you know who are drug addicts. Drug addicts manage to kill themselves long before they reach retirement age.

No one wants to end heating assistance.
Just put down the Kool-Aid, and think for yourself and refuse to be among the faux outrage crowd.
Trump is not out to "kill old or poor people"....Good God... clearly he wants to end the federal program that the governments own audits show is full of fraud and abuse, and replace it with a state ran system with more controls and oversight.
This is a good thing.

Why don't we just keep up this litany of non-links with yet another non-link to this "audited fraud and abuse".

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/msar.pdf

while i agree trump's budget is fraudulent and abusive, that's not what we're looking for.

heat assistance is administered by local govt

You are here:

HOME / Get Help With Your Energy Bills
Get Help With Your Energy Bills
  • Low-Income Energy Office
    Find contact information for your local Low-Income Energy Office.
  • Utility and Charitable Programs
    Select your state in the dropdown list to find utility and charitable programs in your area that may be able to offer some assistance with your energy bill.
  • National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR)
    If you need help finding your local Low-Income Energy Office, call the National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR) toll-free at 1-866-674-6327 or TTY 1-866-367-6228 for energy assistance referral. Or, email NEAR at [email protected].
    NEAR is a free service for persons who want information on where to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which may pay a portion of the energy bills of eligible low-income persons. Please include your city, county and state in your email message.
  • LIHEAP Applications
    Some states have LIHEAP applications posted online.
Get Help With Your Energy Bills | The LIHEAP Clearinghouse

derp

Clearly you can't read. :D
Read your own link ya dufus

i did

should i wait until you find someone to do it for you?

Obviously you didn't.
This site points you to OTHER programs that are available to you at a local level, including charities.

as the saying goes, you can't fix stupid.

have a nice day

I'm not opposed to federal assistance programs, but I'm also under no illusions that these programs aren't abused by druggies and losers who don't have any sort of physical impairment. How is the LIHEAP program different from the HEAP program?

Really? That’s the sword you’re going to fall on. That the seniors who are benefitting from this program are drug addicts?

How many seniors do you know who are drug addicts. Drug addicts manage to kill themselves long before they reach retirement age.

No one wants to end heating assistance.
Just put down the Kool-Aid, and think for yourself and refuse to be among the faux outrage crowd.
Trump is not out to "kill old or poor people"....Good God... clearly he wants to end the federal program that the governments own audits show is full of fraud and abuse, and replace it with a state ran system with more controls and oversight.
This is a good thing.

Why don't we just keep up this litany of non-links with yet another non-link to this "audited fraud and abuse".

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/msar.pdf

while i agree trump's budget is fraudulent and abusive, that's not what we're looking for.

No, what you are looking for, everyday, is someone telling you how horrible Trump is so you can repeat it.
Anything else, you are not interested in.

Trump's leaving the poor out in the cold. OUT IN THE COLD.

impeach. Trump. NOW.

Trump once again wants to cut energy assistance to the poor
Maybe the poor should make better life choices rather than depending on others to sustain their sorry asses.

They should follow the life choices of our Dear Leader

Be born to multi-millionaire parents and don't pay taxes

He paid $38 million in federal taxes in one year....You and everyone you know won’t pay that over your lifetimes. What now?

Taxpayers footing the bill for Dem corruption in states like NY. Did you know that corrupt Dem's in NY locked the state into a multi year contract for natural gas at sky high prices? And that even though the price of natural gas plummeted residents in NY were still paying sky high prices for gas due to this? Tip of the iceberg people.

I said nothing of the sort. I'm agreeing with you that the disabled and elderly need assistance. I just don't want such programs exploited by drug addicts and losers.

How come the poor in northern states get heating assistance, but the poor in the southern states do not get cooling assistance? That's not fair.

it's news to me that the poor in the north get "ENERGY ASSISTANCE"----
when did that happen? no gas bills? HUH? no electric bills? since when?

Hey! If the poor are cold

They can fly to Mara Lago on weekends too

The fed gov shouldnt be subsidizing energy.
I just wish you statist dumbfucks would amend the Constitution instead of shitting all over it.
It's Life, Liberty and THE PURSUIT of happiness.
Nowhere does the Constitution Guarantee happiness.
Sacred Cow Written by Lawyers for the 1%

That was written by Thomas Jefferson, who was purposely prevented from attending the Constitutional Convention.

Haha..
You Loons are noble as fuck with when armed with my checkbook aren’t you? “Give them free shit or you’ll kill them” haha
What is it that you hate about extending FREEDOM to people?
The freedom to control their own destiny. Sometimes their destiny leads them to death. Do you hate the idea of having the freedom to control your own destiny through your own choices?
Let me guess...you want the freedom to choose right up until that point where you’ve made the wrong choice and THEN you want taxpayer interference...am I right?
(we’ve probably reached that point where you’ll want to pretend you didn’t see this post...I’ll understand)

Do you really want to live in a nation where old ladies, crippled people and pregnant women freeze to death in the winter? In a nation that spends hundreds of billions to keep it's war machine well oiled in case it needs to bomb some afghan goat herders? C'mon.
I want to live in a nation where people take responsibility for themselves and don't burden others. Not really a hard ask.

Good luck living on that island by yourself. You better hope and pray never have a crop failure, an illness or an accident or you’re screwed.

The whole point of “community” is to support our friends and neighbours through difficult times.

CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF FAKE NEWS.

Not mentioned in any article I could find, is that Trump wants to kill the FEDERAL assistance program and REPLACE IT with programs served by the state. Which he is right, people would be better served locally and less chance of fraud.

Yes, all of the elderly living on fixed incomes are defrauding the government.

Conservatives are always prepared to waste millions of dollars making sure nobody gets a few dollars they don’t qualify for. They spent over a million dollars on drug testing and saved $100,000 in welfare benefits. This is what passes for fiscal responsibility for Republicans.

CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF FAKE NEWS.

Not mentioned in any article I could find, is that Trump wants to kill the FEDERAL assistance program and REPLACE IT with programs served by the state. Which he is right, people would be better served locally and less chance of fraud.

Yes, all of the elderly living on fixed incomes are defrauding the government.

Conservatives are always prepared to waste millions of dollars making sure nobody gets a few dollars they don’t qualify for. They spent over a million dollars on drug testing and saved $100,000 in welfare benefits. This is what passes for fiscal responsibility for Republicans.

Yup, we need to offset all the millions of dollars spent so Democrats/Liberals get a few dollars they don't qualify for.

He isn't trying to kill the poor ya bunch of limey's - just replace it with more efficient state ran programs.

No what he’s doing is cancelling federal programs to pay for his tax cuts for the wealthy. Transferring this program to the states means that the states will have to raise their taxes to pay for this program.

Instead of one federal department to deal with the program, each state will have to set up their own management office. Instead of one federal department to deal with this program there will be 51 state offices, thereby increasing the size of government and the costs of the various programs. State taxes will rise to pay for it all.

This is just one of the hundreds of program cuts Trump is prepared to make to give tax cuts to billionaires, and make the poor and the middle class pay for them.

Forum List

Back