President Trump wants to cut energy assistance to the poor

Haha..
You Loons are noble as fuck with when armed with my checkbook aren’t you? “Give them free shit or you’ll kill them” haha
What is it that you hate about extending FREEDOM to people?
The freedom to control their own destiny. Sometimes their destiny leads them to death. Do you hate the idea of having the freedom to control your own destiny through your own choices?
Let me guess...you want the freedom to choose right up until that point where you’ve made the wrong choice and THEN you want taxpayer interference...am I right?
(we’ve probably reached that point where you’ll want to pretend you didn’t see this post...I’ll understand)

Do you really want to live in a nation where old ladies, crippled people and pregnant women freeze to death in the winter? In a nation that spends hundreds of billions to keep it's war machine well oiled in case it needs to bomb some afghan goat herders? C'mon.
I want to live in a nation where people take responsibility for themselves and don't burden others. Not really a hard ask.

Good luck living on that island by yourself. You better hope and pray never have a crop failure, an illness or an accident or you’re screwed.

The whole point of “community” is to support our friends and neighbours through difficult times.

Not sure where you get individual responsibility and not being a burden as gov. programs that are trying to be restructured.
We have always been a Nation that supports friends,neighbors and strangers during disasters.

I'm not opposed to federal assistance programs, but I'm also under no illusions that these programs aren't abused by druggies and losers who don't have any sort of physical impairment. How is the LIHEAP program different from the HEAP program?

Really? That’s the sword you’re going to fall on. That the seniors who are benefitting from this program are drug addicts?

How many seniors do you know who are drug addicts. Drug addicts manage to kill themselves long before they reach retirement age.

No one wants to end heating assistance.
Just put down the Kool-Aid, and think for yourself and refuse to be among the faux outrage crowd.
Trump is not out to "kill old or poor people"....Good God... clearly he wants to end the federal program that the governments own audits show is full of fraud and abuse, and replace it with a state ran system with more controls and oversight.
This is a good thing.

Bullshit. He’s transferring the financial burden of this program to the states, increasing their costs, their payroll and their taxes.

If reduces the federal deficit but increases the size of government and the overall cost of the program.

Pogo Dragonlady rightwinger
It is down right fascinating to watch the twisted minds of the FSA (Free Shit Army) hard at work. Thanks for the entertainment Loons...Much appreciated...hahaha
Urban Dictionary: F.S.A. (Free Shit Army)

Its called helping people who need help

It is part of being an American

Pogo Dragonlady
Look, while all you broke low-life bastards were fucking around ditching school, not trying in school, having babies, dropping out, drinking and smoking weed I was busting my ass playing football, wrestling, taking all honors courses and studying until 2-3am every night. And where were all you noble, giving mother fuckers when I had to pony up tuition for my high dollar degree and work two or three jobs to cover it. Go fuck yourselves and pave your own path...stop riding my back and others like me.
None of this makes any sense to you bottom feeding leeches does it?

We can't expect Republicans to give $1.5 trillion to the rich AND give heating fuel to the poor

They have their priorities

He isn't trying to kill the poor ya bunch of limey's - just replace it with more efficient state ran programs.

No what he’s doing is cancelling federal programs to pay for his tax cuts for the wealthy. Transferring this program to the states means that the states will have to raise their taxes to pay for this program.

Instead of one federal department to deal with the program, each state will have to set up their own management office. Instead of one federal department to deal with this program there will be 51 state offices, thereby increasing the size of government and the costs of the various programs. State taxes will rise to pay for it all.

This is just one of the hundreds of program cuts Trump is prepared to make to give tax cuts to billionaires, and make the poor and the middle class pay for them.

The already have them in each state.
How do you think it gets from Fed. to each state to distribute?
It's the States that will manage them rather than the Feds.
Local always knows how to deal with local better rather than the Feds.

The fed gov shouldnt be subsidizing energy.
I just wish you statist dumbfucks would amend the Constitution instead of shitting all over it.

Where's the Constitution mention "heat"? Hm?

Wanna see the part where it says it's there to "promote the general Welfare"?

Show us the historical documentation that says "promote the general welfare" means pay people's heating bills.

I just wish you statist dumbfucks would amend the Constitution instead of shitting all over it.

Let’s let the elderly, who have worked and paid taxes all of their lives, contributed to their communities and their country, freeze in the dark shall we?
Amend the Constitution. Did you even read the post you responded to?

Yes I did. I guess you think that helping the elderly doesn’t promote the “general welfare”.
who are the elderly that need help? are there cities of elderly or individuals? look up the word general.

It is a States issue. The Federal government is not empowered to provide energy assistance to the populace of the states.

Actually it provides the assistance to the states themselves, who then distribute it to their populace.

Y'all bring a weak game today. :gay:
Did you seriously just go there? :rofl:

I was tempted to add a pic of Tom Brady sitting on his ass wondering what just happened.
If its a state issue, that would mean funding should be coming from the STATE. Them being "distributors" is a ridiculous argument.

That's literally how it works though. You could look it up.
The various states get funding, and each state then administers it to their populace. Ain't rocket sugery.
why don't you fund them, you think they need it?

Christian Charities programs use to help until you leftists shit on the christians. Now you're bitching cause we don't want to support them from a loss position. dude, send them the money.

How come the poor in northern states get heating assistance, but the poor in the southern states do not get cooling assistance? That's not fair.
You're right. They should both get assistance.

But Republicans want to fuk over everyone they can. They have needy billionaires to take care of.

Graham: 'Financial contributions will stop' if GOP doesn't pass tax reform
Are the Democrats not going to take their tax deductions in protest against lower taxes?

So, the constitution says it will "promote" general welfare, not "provide" general welfare.

Promote, meaning, make conditions favorable, or conducive to general welfare.

It doesn't matter, the phrase "general welfare" is found in the preamble which does NOT in and of itself grant ANY authority to the federal government. All the preamble does is serve as an introduction (summary) of the intent of the authority explicitly granted to the federal government by the CONTENTS of the constitution.

In other words the preamble states that all the details contained within the Constitution are supposed to allow the federal government to serve those general ends.

Of course that doesn't stop the gub'mint worshippers from trying to imply that the federal government basically has unlimited authority to do whatever it wants as long as whatever it's doing can be mangled and shoehorned into something found in the preamble.
I think you and I are on the same side of this argument....i think..

When I was stationed in Massachusetts in the Army, there were several people just on our block alone getting heating assistance even though they could afford to pay for their own heating. A couple of them viewed heating assistance as an income supplement to which they were entitled--they freely admitted that, yeah, they could pay for their own heating but that, shucks, they wouldn't have as much spending money if they did.

Show us the historical documentation that says "promote the general welfare" means pay people's heating bills.

It can mean that

It is up to the Congress that We the People elected to serve our interests
It can also mean investing in a bloated military and giving tax cuts to billionaires

When I was stationed in Massachusetts in the Army, there were several people just on our block alone getting heating assistance even though they could afford to pay for their own heating. A couple of them viewed heating assistance as an income supplement to which they were entitled--they freely admitted that, yeah, they could pay for their own heating but that, shucks, they wouldn't have as much spending money if they did.

Its like anything else

Earnings based. If you have earnings below a certain level, you are entitled to assistance

Actually it provides the assistance to the states themselves, who then distribute it to their populace.

Y'all bring a weak game today. :gay:

I was tempted to add a pic of Tom Brady sitting on his ass wondering what just happened.
If its a state issue, that would mean funding should be coming from the STATE. Them being "distributors" is a ridiculous argument.

The various states get funding, and each state then administers it to their populace. Ain't rocket sugery.

Christian Charities programs use to help until you leftists shit on the christians. Now you're bitching cause we don't want to support them from a loss position. dude, send them the money.

Christian charities are mostly about helping their own parishioners, and they’re hit and miss. They’re better for donations of food and clothing. Cash for heating, and other needs is harder to come by.

Most of the money donated to churches goes to pay the operating costs for churches. Many churches don’t receive enough on their collection plates to cover operating costs For their building and Minister’s salart. That’s an economic reality.

Christian charity is a wonderful thing, and is a huge help in a good times for those less fortunate, but in difficult economic times, churches suffer with reduced donations too.

Christian charities are mostly about helping their own parishioners, and they’re hit and miss. They’re better for donations of food and clothing. Cash for heating, and other needs is harder to come by.

Most of the money donated to churches goes to pay the operating costs for churches. Many churches don’t receive enough on their collection plates to cover operating costs For their building and Minister’s salart. That’s an economic reality.

Christian charity is a wonderful thing, and is a huge help in a good times for those less fortunate, but in difficult economic times, churches suffer with reduced donations too.
where do you supposed the individual lives? In a parish. and in a parish that would support the needy in their parish. yet you want the christians gone. and then want government to get involved. well, fk no.

Forum List

Back