Prison: A Waste of Human Life

No, I didn't say he helped kill Burchfield. I said he was willing to do it, he was mean enough to do it, but he did not do it. He did not sharpen the shiv after all.

This is his claim. The courts have determined that his testimony was, like your judgement, not particularly credible.

He didn't help kill Sgt Burchfield.

Sure he did. You say so yourself in other posts.

No, I didn't say he helped kill Burchfield. I said he was willing to do it, he was mean enough to do it, but he did not do it. He did not sharpen the shiv after all.

Just about everyone in prison claims to be innocent, Sky.
Prisons keep dangerous people away from society. Yes some can be rehabilitated. Most violent offenders, can't.

Yes, I'm aware of that. In the case of Jarvis Masters, I know his circumstances, his history and his trial very well. He is innocent of the charges that put him on death row, that is, sharpening the shiv that killed a prison guard.

Jarvis was mean enough to do it. At the time, he was asked to do it, he agreed to do it. The gang he was a part of took him off the task because he was too slow in accomplishing it.

This is karma. The man who actually stabbed and killed the guard has life without parole, Jarvis has life.

Jarvis has used his time in prison well. He is a transformed man, and he is benefiting people in and out of prison at this time. I don't feel his execution serves anyone.

I have a true story I can tell about how he helped a woman with MS to write a book before she died.

yes you do say it sky... in this post and several others....... see bolded part.

If he was taken off the task because he was to slow in completing the task...... 100% puts the shank in his hands at some process of its making....

Sure he did. You say so yourself in other posts.

Just about everyone in prison claims to be innocent, Sky.
Prisons keep dangerous people away from society. Yes some can be rehabilitated. Most violent offenders, can't.

Yes, I'm aware of that. In the case of Jarvis Masters, I know his circumstances, his history and his trial very well. He is innocent of the charges that put him on death row, that is, sharpening the shiv that killed a prison guard.

Jarvis was mean enough to do it. At the time, he was asked to do it, he agreed to do it. The gang he was a part of took him off the task because he was too slow in accomplishing it.

This is karma. The man who actually stabbed and killed the guard has life without parole, Jarvis has life.

Jarvis has used his time in prison well. He is a transformed man, and he is benefiting people in and out of prison at this time. I don't feel his execution serves anyone.

I have a true story I can tell about how he helped a woman with MS to write a book before she died.

yes you do say it sky... in this post and several others....... see bolded part.

If he was taken off the task because he was to slow in completing the task...... 100% puts the shank in his hands at some process of its making....

He was taken off the task. That means he did not sharpen the shiv. He did NOT make the weapon that was used to kill Burchfield. He was willing to do it, he was mean enough to do it, at the time, but he didn't do it.

Your welcome for the pos rep.

Last edited:
California just needs to start doing what Texas and Florida does, expedite the killing of these Dirtbags Like Jarvis Masters, Richard Ramirez, Scott Peterson, William Bonin, and the rest of the scum sitting on death row in this state.....Enough is enough!......Put in an express lane and start plungin' them needles, forthwit!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgQRgT15f9U]Ron White Texas Death Penalty - YouTube[/ame]

He was taken off the task. That means he did not sharpen the shiv. He did NOT make the weapon that was used to kill Burchfield. He was willing to do it, he was mean enough to do it, at the time, but he didn't do it.

He was taken off the task because he was to much of a slug and to slow in its making... that puts the shank in his hands.

And... even if he did not have it in his hands... he had knowledge of the shank..who was making it..and what they intended to so with the shank...who they were going to kill..

That is all called conspiracy to murder with special circumstances. Of which carries a sentencing guidelines of a possible death sentence.

He was taken off the task because he was to much of a slug and to slow in its making... that puts the shank in his hands.

And... even if he did not have it in his hands... he had knowledge of the shank..who was making it..and what they intended to so with the shank...who they were going to kill..

That is all called conspiracy to murder with special circumstances. Of which carries a sentencing guidelines of a possible death sentence.

He may have had knowledge of the hit, but he did not conspire to kill Burchfield. Just because he held the piece of metal that eventually became the weapon, does not make him guilty of murder.

Your welcome for the pos rep. I'm so glad you appreciate it.

He may have had knowledge of the hit, but he did not conspire to kill Burchfield. Just because he held the piece of metal that eventually became the weapon, does not make him guilty of murder.

When i get to my in box..... you will get your thank you. Until them...hold your water and stop whining like a child that i have not answered you yet.

Sorry... YES it does make a conspirator to murder. Murder with special circumstances. Thank you for admitting just what a low low life animal piece of shit scum bag he is. I am very sorry he has you so suckered in and hoodwinked into his manipulation,of what the events mean under the law.

When i get to my in box..... you will get your thank you. Until them...hold your water and stop whining like a child that i have not answered you yet.

Sorry... YES it does make a conspirator to murder. Murder with special circumstances. Thank you for admitting just what a low low life animal piece of shit scum bag he is. I am very sorry he has you so suckered in and hoodwinked into his manipulation,of what the events mean under the law.

See ya.

It's absolutely no different than a gang banger driving the car in a drive by shooting.....They are just as guilty as he who does the shooting.

It's absolutely no different than a gang banger driving the car in a drive by shooting.....They are just as guilty as he who does the shooting.

The only thing Jarvis is guilty of is being a part of the gang who committted the murder. He was a gang member. He was willing to do it, and mean enough to do it. But he didn't do it. He did not sharpen the blade that was used.

The only thing Jarvis is guilty of is being a part of the gang who committted the murder. He was a gang member. He was willing to do it, and mean enough to do it. But he didn't do it. He did not sharpen the blade that was used.

That is the story he tells you.. and your story now. It is the story that makes you feel better.

That is not what you said early on in the thread.

The thing about convicts. None are ever guilty...they are all innocent. None of them deserve what they have gotten.

They are all master manipulators and liars.

The blade was taken from him according to YOU.....That is no different then the keys being taken away from the driver in a drive by, as he is told to take a back seat position.....The man (scumbag) is as guilty as the man (scumbag) who did the shanking. And he deserves to die for his crime, as a jury of his peers recommended, and the judge RIGHTFULLY upheld.

And, where do the proceeds for his crappy writings go?

They should damn sure go to his victims family....But I have a feeling most of it ends up in the hands of that dirty fuckin' cult he belongs too, the Buddhists.

Last edited:

The blade was taken from him according to YOU.....That is no different then the keys being taken away from the driver in a drive by, as he is told to take a back seat position.....The man (scumbag) is as guilty as the man (scumbag) who did the shanking. And he deserves to die for his crime, as a jury of his peers recommended, and the judge RIGHTFULLY upheld.

They should damn sure go to his victims family....But I have a fealing most of it ends up in the hands of that dirty fuckin' cult he belongs too, the Buddhists.

Prisoners are not allowed to profit while they are in prison.

That's the last post I will look at from you, since you cannot avoid personal attacks.

That Bird Has My Wings: An Autobiography of an Innocent Man on Death Row as well as Finding Freedom -- Writings From Death Row by Jarvis Masters.

Both books have been praised by such important figures as Desmond Tutu, Sister Helen Prejean, and Angela Davis.

An important aspect of Jarvis's life on Death Row has been his Buddhist practice.

We in the Committee join the Catholic Church, numerous Protestant denominations, Amnesty International, and people of conscience around the world in seeking an end to capital punishment.

Pema Chödrön is one of America's best-known Buddhist teachers, and is a personal teacher of Jarvis Masters. This is what she writes about Jarvis:

"Jarvis is an easy man to respect and an easy man to love. What I learn from him all the time is what it really means to keep one's vows of not harming and of helping other people in whatever ways one can. I always think, 'If Jarvis can do it in those most challenging and difficult situations, I can do it too.' It is a continual aspiration from my heart that Jarvis Masters not be killed and that I have the pleasure of knowing him as a free man; a free man who I know will benefit all the people he encounters."

— Pema Chödrön

The Campaign to Free Jarvis Jay Masters

Last edited:

They should damn sure go to his victims family....But I have a fealing most of it ends up in the hands of that dirty fuckin' cult he belongs too, the Buddhists.

That's the last post I will look at from you, since you cannot avoid personal attacks.
What personal attack?

And where do those proceeds go?......Who's releasing them to be published?

so again... where does the money go?

so again... where does the money go?

I don't know. He doesn't get to profit from it.

Forum List

Back