Prison: A Waste of Human Life

Have you never heard of "non-demoninational Christian organizations"? This is a Buddhist organization, but it is non-sectarian. Christians are also members. Obviously, these are Christians who like working with Buddhists.

Last edited:
The Prison Dharma project, an international, non-denominational, and non-sectarian organization, trains facilitators to work with troubled prisoners. It "supports prisoners in the practice of contemplative disciplines, with emphasis on the meditation practices of the various Buddhist traditions. PDN also promotes the Buddhist path of wakefulness and non-aggression as an ideal means of self-rehabilitation and transformation."

I am affiliated with this group.

Good for you sky.

Ever try a group for victims of violent crimes? Or being an advocate for victims rights?

I happen to be a Certified Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victim Advocate. I work for victims rights.

So this just is a bhuddist thing you got going with jarvis? Otherwise i don't see how you can do both....

Generally you support the criminals or the victims. Not both. It like patting the hand of a rape victim and saying how terrible it was... and comforting the rapist for raping. Saying you are so sorry for the grief of a family deprived of a murdered family member and then trying to get the murder off of all charges.

Good for you sky.

Ever try a group for victims of violent crimes? Or being an advocate for victims rights?

I happen to be a Certified Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victim Advocate. I work for victims rights.

So this just is a bhuddist thing you got going with jarvis? Otherwise i don't see how you can do both....

Generally you support the criminals or the victims. Not both. It like patting the hand of a rape victim and saying how terrible it was... and comforting the rapist for raping. Saying you are so sorry for the grief of a family deprived of a murdered family member and then trying to get the murder off of all charges.

You don't understand me. You never will. You don't know me very well. I am able to do both.

I am against the death penalty and I work with victims of violent crime.

You don't understand me. You never will. You don't know me very well. I am able to do both.

Oh i understand you sky. Make no mistake about that.

You can be against the death penalty and not have one ounce of sympathy, not one shred of time or thought for the fuckers who are on death row. You can be against the death penalty and fight tooth and nail against it...and not have one moment for the bastards who deserve death. You can be against the death penalty....and not be manipulated into believing their lies.

You can be against the death penalty and not have one ounce of sympathy, not one shred of time or thought for the fuckers who are on death row. You can be against the death penalty and fight tooth and nail against it...and not have one moment for the bastards who deserve death. You can be against the death penalty....and not be manipulated into believing their lies.

No, you don't understand me and you never will. I can see we're not getting along very well. You absolutely HATE everything I'm about. My heart is big enough to embrace Jarvis, and a woman who has been raped or beaten.

I don't know why you bother talking to me. You HATE everything I value. You say you value truth. I live my truth every day.

Take care of yourself. Bye.

Last edited:
Syrenn, I am against the death penalty as well, but to an extent..not totally against it. I think the death penalty should be reserved first of all for the actual killer and only when we are absolutely positive that person killed someone. I don't like it when we find out later that the person was innocent that was put to death. Too many innocent are released from jail after spending decades behind bars only later to be found actually innocent to think for one instant that we haven't put to death innocent people. Is this man innocent? I don't know...but I think he should be given life without parole not death.

Xchel--

I can understand the pain and anguish that a victim may feel for the convicted perpetrator of a crime. I understand rage, and vengeance desires.

I'm against the state acting out those feelings in a premeditated and deliberate way, as an execution. This is state sanctioned murder.

LWOP is the appropriate penalty for 'capital' crimes in a civilized country like the US. Unfortunately, we have Texas executing more folks than China, who we don't even consider a democracy.

Xchel--

I can understand the pain and anguish that a victim may feel for the convicted perpetrator of a crime. I understand rage, and vengeance desires.

I'm against the state acting out those feelings in a premeditated and deliberate way, as an execution. This is state sanctioned murder.

LWOP is the appropriate penalty for 'capital' crimes in a civilized country like the US. Unfortunately, we have Texas executing more folks than China, who we don't even consider a democracy.

Do you really believe that...you trust the Chinese government to make public all of their executions??

Xchel--

Do you really believe that...you trust the Chinese government to make public all of their executions??

Yes, I believe we execute more people than China.

Eh, you believe in a lot of crazy shit.:cuckoo:

Yes, I believe we execute more people than China.

Eh, you believe in a lot of crazy shit.:cuckoo:

That's why she believes in the crazy idea of the innocence of poor little victim Jammy Marbles, who had the shank taken away from him before he could finish sharpening it for the killer.

No, you don't understand me and you never will. I can see we're not getting along very well. You absolutely HATE everything I'm about. My heart is big enough to embrace Jarvis, and a woman who has been raped or beaten.

I don't know why you bother talking to me. You HATE everything I value. You say you value truth. I live my truth every day.

I don't hate anything you are about. That is you problem sky... you assume what you want to think about others. Trust me if i hated you...i would tell you so.

I know the problem is that you feel to much for everyone and everything.... which is why you get hurt so easily and take so much of what is said here personally.

I told you why.... i like you and think of you as a friend.

Syrenn, I am against the death penalty as well, but to an extent..not totally against it. I think the death penalty should be reserved first of all for the actual killer and only when we are absolutely positive that person killed someone. I don't like it when we find out later that the person was innocent that was put to death. Too many innocent are released from jail after spending decades behind bars only later to be found actually innocent to think for one instant that we haven't put to death innocent people. Is this man innocent? I don't know...but I think he should be given life without parole not death.

And that is fine. I have a differing opinion. I have zero sympathy for criminals.

I don't hate anything you are about. That is you problem sky... you assume what you want to think about others. Trust me if i hated you...i would tell you so.

I know the problem is that you feel to much for everyone and everything.... which is why you get hurt so easily and take so much of what is said here personally.

You told me you like me and think of me as a friend, but I have no idea why. You can't stand anything about me.

Xchel--

The government is carrying out the wishes of the PEOPLE........He was judged by a jury of 12 of his peers.... Witnesses placed him at the scene of the crime.The jury decided he should die, based on the heinous nature of the crime. The judge upheld the wishes of the jury. He should die, PERIOD!

You told me you like me and think of me as a friend, but I have no idea why. You can't stand anything about me.

That is the you assuming what you think you know and what i think. If i couldn't stand you... i would tell you that too.

Well SD, since you don't accept PMs, I'll respond to your rep here and say thanks for taking the energy to share your opinion with me.:D

Forum List

Back