🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Proclaiming Hillary received the most popular votes is HIGHLY overrated

Holy crap.

Clinton, votes to date: 63,049,607
Trump, votes to date: 61,610,484

Bing. There it is. It exists.

There are left wingers here who actually claim that PC doesn't exist. Now we've got right wingers who actually claim the popular vote doesn't exist.

Come on. Is any of this stuff supposed to be taken seriously?
There's no such thing in our electoral system. It's a media tallying of votes nationwide that has nothing to do with our federal elections.

Prove me wrong.
So now it's "no such thing in our electoral system". We've moved the goal posts.

A reasonable, curious, honest person will look at those numbers and see that we are split down the middle. And a reasonable legislator will take that into account as they legislate. That is my point. The numbers do matter.

If the GOP wants to pretend they have a "mandate" a chooses to cram a hard right agenda down our throats, they will deservedly pay a price for being so blind.
Media fictions have no bearing on whether Republicans have a mandate. We won, therefore we have a mandate.

You crybabies did the exact same thing after getting control of government, cramming Obamacare down our throats and shutting Republicans out of the process. There was nothing bipartisan about it. Now we're going to do the same thing to you no matter how much you weep about it.
You just made my point.

The Dems overreached and paid the price. Looks like the GOP is proudly gearing up to do the same thing.

Partisans don't learn, they're blinded by their ideology, they're convinced they have all the answers. Both sides.
Because of all the damage done by you safe space dwellers, we have a lot to fix. Obamacare needs to be repealed, the border secured, our military brought back to primacy, and our economy to grow more than a pathetic 1%. You assholes did this to America and now we have to fix it.
You obviously don't know my politics, particularly on PC.

Yours, on the other hand, are clear. Hardcore partisans on both sides simply can't control themselves.

You really don't think the popular vote totals indicate that we're a split country?

Is the country always split? When did someone win 100 percent? Reagan came damn close but still not 100 percent.

The discussion, as you said, would be different if the election would be turned around. It would be said that Hillary won the election it is time to come together. Not so with Trump the left can't stand rejection, even though they should be getting used to it.
Your post in this thread has offered some sanity and honesty to your side. They are mostly logical, factual and of intellectual merit. Some of the subjective opinions may be debated, but everyone has a right to offer analytical opinions. Why some on your side need to use fake news and the lie about three million illegal voters is just weird and disturbing.

I think that when the President of the United States stands before the nation and tells those who are here illegally to vote it is not illogical to assume that they may have in fact voted. Maybe in fact they didn't but I would think that if my benefactor asked me to do something then I just might try.

So although 3 million might be high, the difference in the popular vote was about half of that amount. Therefore in an election of 130 million a .1 percent difference I could contribute to election fraud.

The president did no such thing.

The truth lies somewhere in the shade:

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don't want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you're not just speaking for yourself. You're speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school...

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: ... who may not have a voice. Who can't legally vote. But they're counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

And? He says that citizens vote.

Holy crap.

There are left wingers here who actually claim that PC doesn't exist. Now we've got right wingers who actually claim the popular vote doesn't exist.

There's no such thing in our electoral system. It's a media tallying of votes nationwide that has nothing to do with our federal elections.

Prove me wrong.
So now it's "no such thing in our electoral system". We've moved the goal posts.

A reasonable, curious, honest person will look at those numbers and see that we are split down the middle. And a reasonable legislator will take that into account as they legislate. That is my point. The numbers do matter.

If the GOP wants to pretend they have a "mandate" a chooses to cram a hard right agenda down our throats, they will deservedly pay a price for being so blind.
Media fictions have no bearing on whether Republicans have a mandate. We won, therefore we have a mandate.

You crybabies did the exact same thing after getting control of government, cramming Obamacare down our throats and shutting Republicans out of the process. There was nothing bipartisan about it. Now we're going to do the same thing to you no matter how much you weep about it.
Holy crap.

Prove me wrong.

The 2008 election gave Obama a genuine mandate. He won the EC vote 365-173. In addition he won the popular vote by about 9 1/2 millions, 69,498,516 vs. 59,948,323. See the difference. Trump won the EC by far less and lost the PV by what is turning out to look like millions.
You don't get to decide who has a mandate based on a media phantom, Safety pin. All you have is an opinion because you got your ass kicked and you don't want the GOP to pursue our own objectives.

TFB. Suck it up buttercup.
Holy crap.

Prove me wrong.

Holy crap.

Prove me wrong.

The 2008 election gave Obama a genuine mandate. He won the EC vote 365-173. In addition he won the popular vote by about 9 1/2 millions, 69,498,516 vs. 59,948,323. See the difference. Trump won the EC by far less and lost the PV by what is turning out to look like millions.
You don't get to decide who has a mandate based on a media phantom, Safety pin. All you have is an opinion because you got your ass kicked and you don't want the GOP to pursue our own objectives.

The word mandate has a definition that can be found in dictionaries. The definition that applies here is the one that defines the meaning as a voice or instructions from the electorate. The electorate is comprised of the individual voters. Since the individual voters in the electorate did not give a majority vote , a mandate was not voiced. Perhaps you have done like so many on the far right and invented a new definition of mandate to fit your agenda, but I think I will stick with the one that has been used for hundreds of years.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.

The word mandate has a definition that can be found in dictionaries. The definition that applies here is the one that defines the meaning as a voice or instructions from the electorate. The electorate is comprised of the individual voters. Since the individual voters in the electorate did not give a majority vote , a mandate was not voiced. Perhaps you have done like so many on the far right and invented a new definition of mandate to fit your agenda, but I think I will stick with the one that has been used for hundreds of years.
Political rhetoric in this country has become so fucked up that people can't even agree on the meaning of words at this point.

Add that to the fact that we also can't even agree on facts, and it's no wonder we're so dysfunctional.

That's the part of all this that makes me really angry. We're down to about half of the people who can vote are actually voting. That's a damn tragedy. A lot of folks are dying every day to defend the rights of citizens in this country. A lot of folks died, killed by their fellow countrymen, to expand the right to vote to the entire population. Post 9/11, the President of the United States has unprecedented power and Congress has shown repeatedly they're not willing to check a President. The voting booth is the one real check on power and half the voters can't be bothered to go.

What the holy hell!

They weren't kidding when they said "Every nation gets the government it deserves." We are definitely getting that now.
I don't get it. When Obama was president we had a government we didn't deserve? And, presumably of course, if Hillary had won the case would be the same?
Yes. Nations always get the government they deserve. It's not a hard quote to figure out. Either the people in the nation outright support the government they have, or they are to apethetic or weak to change it. Either way, they get the government they deserve.
WRONG! The media lies and manipulates the news, largely controlled by one political party. obama would never had been elected in the first place if they had not demonized Bush and then pinned all the economic problems on him and the Republicans, while not vetting obama at all. Then the second time they simply let him get away with all his lies. ALMOST forced Hillary on us but thank God enough people finally woke up to how corrupt they are.
There was an election, people voted, and we elected Obama, same as we elected Bush, same as we elected Clinton, same as we elected Bush Sr., same as we elected Reagan, etc.

If people neither wanted nor deserved Governments lead by these men, they'd have risen up and changed it. This time we elected Trump and we will get the government we deserve.

Nations ALWAYS have the governments they deserve.

I agree. But what about the people who didn't vote for him who got screwed? Or if he does good, what about us who said he would suck? LOL
I've thought about that for a while, thanks to my time in Louisiana. In the end, I've come to the conclusion we deserve this government too. We can vote with our feet and leave, or we'd have convinced our fellow Americans not to head down this path. Or to rise against it.

While I was in Louisiana I saw a lot of folks give up and leave under Jindal. Some went as far as leaving the country for good, many left the state, some retired early and left the workforce. Those that stayed were implicitly accepting the crappy state government by staying, myself included. I eventually left the State too, though to be honest I stayed way too long.

Political rhetoric in this country has become so fucked up that people can't even agree on the meaning of words at this point.

Add that to the fact that we also can't even agree on facts, and it's no wonder we're so dysfunctional.
Word definitions are not things we should compromise on. This is just one main factor in the dumbing down of America.

Word definitions are not things we should compromise on. This is just one main factor in the dumbing down of America.
I think it's more a function of the complete lack of honesty in our political discourse, exacerbated by the fact that ideologues can talk themselves into pretty much anything.

So an ideologue dishonestly warps the meaning of a word or the interpretation of an event, and then immediately convinces themselves it's a "fact".

I don't know how to communicate with a person like that.

Is the country always split? When did someone win 100 percent? Reagan came damn close but still not 100 percent.

The discussion, as you said, would be different if the election would be turned around. It would be said that Hillary won the election it is time to come together. Not so with Trump the left can't stand rejection, even though they should be getting used to it.
Your post in this thread has offered some sanity and honesty to your side. They are mostly logical, factual and of intellectual merit. Some of the subjective opinions may be debated, but everyone has a right to offer analytical opinions. Why some on your side need to use fake news and the lie about three million illegal voters is just weird and disturbing.

I think that when the President of the United States stands before the nation and tells those who are here illegally to vote it is not illogical to assume that they may have in fact voted. Maybe in fact they didn't but I would think that if my benefactor asked me to do something then I just might try.

So although 3 million might be high, the difference in the popular vote was about half of that amount. Therefore in an election of 130 million a .1 percent difference I could contribute to election fraud.

The president did no such thing.

The truth lies somewhere in the shade:

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don't want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you're not just speaking for yourself. You're speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school...

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: ... who may not have a voice. Who can't legally vote. But they're counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

And? He says that citizens vote.

Here is what he actually said according to the source provided:

"Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself."

So, it doesn't take much to imagine what he said was, if I vote I am a citizen, not the other way around.

Surely you jest. It does happen, and is extremely hard to actually find, unfortunately. It takes those that want to take the time to search for days to find it. But, on occasion someone does and it is a microcosm of what actually exists out there-
Illegal alien arrested, charged with voter fraud
Guy Benson - Fraud: Local NBC Investigation Discovers Dozens of Illegal Voters in Florida
Election fraud, Ohio, Ohio Election Fraud, OJJPAC, jobs, justice, vote, citizenship,illegal alien, immigrant, undocumented
Illegal immigrant arrested for Nevada voter fraud
And the kicker--
Most Democrats Think Illegal Immigrants Should Vote - Rasmussen Reports™

"Three million votes in the U.S. presidential election were cast by illegal aliens, according to Greg Phillips of the VoteFraud.org organization.

If true, this would mean that Donald Trump still won the contest despite widespread vote fraud and almost certainly won the popular vote.

“We have verified more than three million votes cast by non-citizens,” tweeted Phillips after reporting that the group had completed an analysis of a database of 180 million voter registrations."
Report: Three Million Votes in Presidential Election Cast by Illegal Aliens
Fake news being promoted by Info Wars Alex Jones.
Folks should keep a list of the perpetrators and posters that spread this kind of misinformation and lies or risk wasting time and resources being propagandized and misled.

Did any illegal aliens or dead folks vote?

Yes or no.

How many?
That is the question you should answer, you are the one supporting the claim that three million illegals voted. How many have been charged, indicted or accused by name and voting district during this election? I have found one, a Republican in Texas.

Are you denying that Obama ordered illegals to vote...?

Are you denying that illegals voted?

How about denying that there are millions of illegals....deny that?

Waiting.
How about if you answer the question you have been repeatedly asked. Show some evidence where illegals actually voted.
Your first question is a distortion and misrepresentation. Your second question is yes, I deny three million or even three thousand or even three hundred illegals voted. I have read about one person being charged, a registered Republican in Texas. Your third question is just stupid. Everyone knows there are millions of illegals. You have yet to show they voted.
Now show us the link to support the lie that three million illegals voted in the last election. Otherwise you have to continue to wear that "LIAR" sign around your neck.

I think it's more a function of the complete lack of honesty in our political discourse, exacerbated by the fact that ideologues can talk themselves into pretty much anything.

So an ideologue dishonestly warps the meaning of a word or the interpretation of an event, and then immediately convinces themselves it's a "fact".

If the vote turns out this way would you say that the country is divided?

65,915,795 to 60,933,504, which looks like it might be close to being.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.

Nonsense. Every voter had a say in how their state electors voted. It's perfectly fair. You safety pins are like juvenile brats screaming "unfair!" when in fact it's very much fair.

Yes, sure.

Yes, sure.

So unless the election is an absolute landslide then the country is split. We all have to agree or else we all can't "just get along."

Now, remember back 4 years ago, did you post anything about the country being split when Obama won by those numbers?

Yes, sure.

So unless the election is an absolute landslide then the country is split. We all have to agree or else we all can't "just get along."

Now, remember back 4 years ago, did you post anything about the country being split when Obama won by those numbers?
I don't understand why this is an issue. Of course the country is split, and of course it was when Obama was elected. And it's getting worse by the minute.

Perhaps we can get past that word (having two people even agree on the meaning of words is rare at this point) and maybe you can tell me how you interpret the Presidential election results vis-a-vis how far to the Right it would be appropriate to legislate?

Nonsense. Every voter had a say in how their state electors voted. It's perfectly fair. You safety pins are like juvenile brats screaming "unfair!" when in fact it's very much fair.
You are making up your own definition, conflating the words electorate and electors. You are unable to make your point and so you are dishonestly changing the meaning of the word mandate in your own mind to meet your agenda.

You are making up your own definition, conflating the words electorate and electors. You are unable to make your point and so you are dishonestly changing the meaning of the word mandate in your own mind to meet your agenda.
I'm not conflating anything, cupcake. I'm using the language and definitions spelled out in the United States Constitution that sets the framework for our Republic. And nowhere does it mention unicorns, Christmas elves, or a national popular vote.

3. There were over 120 million votes cast......and there are maybe 30 million illegals....

Logic and experience evince that way more than 200,000 votes were cast by illegals.

Hillary lost......face it.

Exccept there's no evidence any illegals voted, much less 1.3 million of them.
It's up to winning by 1.4 MILLION now....should surpass 2 million when the count is done on absentee voters.

there has been just one case of voter fraud by an illegal that has been prosecuted recently, it took place in Texas, an illegal Mexican woman that voted in 3 or 4 elections/primaries over a few years, and she was a registered REPUBLICAN, who was married to an American man...

"Three million votes in the U.S. presidential election were cast by illegal aliens, according to Greg Phillips of the VoteFraud.org organization.

If true, this would mean that Donald Trump still won the contest despite widespread vote fraud and almost certainly won the popular vote.

“We have verified more than three million votes cast by non-citizens,” tweeted Phillips after reporting that the group had completed an analysis of a database of 180 million voter registrations."
Folks should keep a list of the perpetrators and posters that spread this kind of misinformation and lies or risk wasting time and resources being propagandized and misled.

"Claims of votes by the dead, felons cloud North Carolina governor race"
Claims of votes by the dead, felons cloud North Carolina governor race

I wonder who they voted for.....

3. There were over 120 million votes cast......and there are maybe 30 million illegals....

Logic and experience evince that way more than 200,000 votes were cast by illegals.

Hillary lost......face it.

It's up to winning by 1.4 MILLION now....should surpass 2 million when the count is done on absentee voters.

there has been just one case of voter fraud by an illegal that has been prosecuted recently, it took place in Texas, an illegal Mexican woman that voted in 3 or 4 elections/primaries over a few years, and she was a registered REPUBLICAN, who was married to an American man...

I too wonder who they voted for....

All 50 counties, with each election Supervisor Republican in all counties, allegedly found:

Protests being filed by registered voters in some 50 counties argue that up to 200 ballots should be thrown out because they were cast under the names of dead people or by felons or individuals who voted more than once, according to the campaign.

The challenger to the governor received 6000 more votes than the sitting governor in the race....

the 200 are not enough to make the difference in the election results.

Last edited:
Proclaiming that Hillary received more votes is simple-minded and not looking at the whole picture.

Most of the time the candidate that receives the most electoral votes, ALSO receives the most popular votes.
However, this doesn't have to be the case at all, and in fact it's now happened FIVE times where the electoral college winner did NOT receive the most popular votes.

As we all know the goal is to reach 270 electoral votes. All campaigns map out a strategy that gives them the best chance to reach that goal. The campaigns then concentrate most of their resources on the areas inside the map they've created.
States where the candidate has a very little chance of winning, will therefore mostly be ignored.
States where the candidate already is likely to win will simply be shored up, but will see fewer campaign visits, and fewer advertising dollars.
States that could easily swing either way, will be heavily attacked with a continual blitz of campaign rallies, and non-stop commercials being ran throughout the campaigning days.

Now If the goal was simply to receive the most overall votes, all campaigns would have MUCH DIFFERENT strategies if the electoral college wasn't involved.
States and cities that have large populations will be primarily concentrated on. These areas will see the overwhelming majority of a campaigns resources.

In the end, the final vote count would likely look different under the electoral college system versus a popular vote only system.
Left on Base

The Hillalosers' latest pet peeve is like saying the baseball team with the most hits should win.

I too wonder who they voted for....

All 50 counties, with each election Supervisor Republican in all counties, found:

Protests being filed by registered voters in some 50 counties argue that up to 200 ballots should be thrown out because they were cast under the names of dead people or by felons or individuals who voted more than once, according to the campaign.

The challenger to the governor received 6000 more votes than the sitting governor in the race....

the 200 are not enough to make the difference in the election results.

So you're agreeing that illegals and dead people voted?

Good start!

Do you know how many?

No?

Did Obama encouraging same up the numbers?

And....you know who they voted for.

Exactly my point.

Let's wait and see if more information comes out....

And, remember this: the same folks who are hanging on by the fingernails, hoping to save some cachet for the career criminal and congenital liar topping the Democrat ticket....
....are the very same dunces who are trying to retain some semblance of victory for the loser...and the loser's loser voters....
...are the very same fools who try to grace Gorbachev with ending the Cold War so they don't have to admit that all kudos go to Reagan.

More good news:

"Donald Trump and the U.N.: Signs of Clashing Views on Many Issues"
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/world/americas/united-nations-trump-climate-change-iran-cuba.html

Forum List

Back