Profiling in Police work is bad right?

Haven't we been told by our leftest betters that police profiling is an evil bad thing? Didn't they get a federal judge to order a certain Arizona Sheriff to stop doing it?

'Small world of murder': As homicides drop, Chicago police focus on social networks of gangs - U.S. News Then perhaps someone can explain why Chicago is allowed to do it? Not only no outcry, no yells of profiling but applauds.

We all know it works, I thought the argument was that it was unamerican to target people because they might commit a crime?

I mean don't we search little old ladies and people that have never even contemplated a suicide bomb before boarding aircraft all because we can't profile the likely suspects for fear of be told we are profiling?

If we stopped searching little old ladies for bombs, guess what the very next suicide bomber would be?
Profiling doesn't in fact work. If it did, we'd use it in Israel. We don't. Start searching 'people who look like terrorists' and terrorists just use people that don't look like that. There are passive techniques that do work, and they're what gets used.

They're not talking about profiling terrorist, but common street criminals and yes it does work. When you have one demographic committing the majority of crime in a particular area why would you spend police resources keeping a close eye on other demographics. If a cop sees some folks acting in a manner that they believe could lead to criminal activity then they are engaging these people and if they feel it is warranted they are searching them for contraband. This is being done by the lefts dear leaders former chief of staff and the op is wondering why the left, who raised hell in similar circumstances in NYC are virtually silent about DEAD FISH. He is called that because he once sent a dead fish to a reporter in the mail because of what the reported said about him.

Wanna change someone's mind about it present them with irrefutable facts. Can claim anything we like, but that wont convince anyone of anything.

Over 95 million hits on google just now for "proof police profiling works" and none of the ones I looked at claim it works. And judging by the lawsuits racial profiling results in there's ample evidence to forbid it in any police force because that liability alone.

There's a difference between criminal profiling and racial profiling. One's good and works, one isn't and doesn't.

Only 185,000 hits for "proof racial profiling works"

Over 40M for "proof racial profiling doesn't work"

Not exactly objective science but certainly circumstantial evidence.

Last edited:
when liberals profile, it's different.

somehow

magically

yer a racist

What are you talking about? Who is this "liberal" that profiles and is your representation of this homogeneous group you call "liberals"?

You do know exactly what racism and prejudice are? You do get what is common and what is different between those and racism, right?

Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races

prejudice: preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Profile: the discriminatory practice by law enforcement officials of targeting individuals for suspicion of crime based on the individual's race, ethnicity, religion or national origin.

https://www.aclu.org/racial-justice/racial-profiling-definition

The consideration of race, ethnicity, or national origin by an officer of the law in deciding when and how to intervene in an enforcement capacity

Ethnic profiling legal definition of Ethnic profiling. Ethnic profiling synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

So prejudice is any opinion not based on actual experience. Racist is anyone being prejudice based on race specifically. Profiling is police using prejudice as a tool for law enforcement.

So, where is this homogeneous group, you call "liberals", not based on reason or actual experience, that demonstrates profiling? Cuz by definition, you are saying that all police are liberals and all liberals are police. How does that make any sense?

Retard? You see if you had bothered to read the article you would have realized that Emanuel the former chief of Staff for Obama runs Chicago. The article clearly details how Chicago has switched to profiling gangs to stop murders. Gangs are for the most part black and Hispanic, I imagine there are still a couple white gangs there but can't be many.

Obama is opposed to profiling, his minions claim to be against profiling. On this board and across the Country when a certain Arizona Sheriff was ordered to stop doing it, liberals celebrated wildly.

Now we have Obama's buddy doing, a liberal democrat and black man. And now all we hear from the left is crickets. No demands it stop, no demands a federal Judge stop him, no outrage, absolute silence.

And I lay you a bet that Our Illustrious Attorney General does nothing about it.

Idiot, I wasn't responding to the article, I was responding to the post.

when liberals profile, it's different.

somehow

magically

yer a racist

And, you're not smart enough to get the definitions, they are what they are. Nor follow the convo as your statement,

The statment "when liberals profile" and your points, "Obama is opposed to profiling" and "when a certain Arizona Sheriff was ordered to stop doing it, liberals celebrated wildly" are completely opposite.

So what are you saying, that people not as stupid and ignorant as you are all "liberals"? Yeah, I'll go with that.

Forum List

Back