Progressive Activist Speaks Out Against Woke Madness - Brianna Wu

OP, can you define "woke"?

Can any MAGA cultist?

I mean, other than by "ANYTHING I HATE IS WOKE!".
Woke is many things to different people on the left

Do you support transsexuals?

Thats woke

Do you believe strongly in white racism and racist cops?

Thats woke

Allowing millions of foreigners to enter the country at will?

Thats woke

Can any MAGA cultist?

I'm not a MAGA cultist, but I can define woke. It's the toxic identity politics on steroids that is currently hijacking existing, possible, and imaginary social and political issues weaponizing them against a collective enemy called "those who don't adhere to our beliefs".

The above doesn't mean that the woke crowd is necessarily always wrong, or that the other side(s) doesn't practice identity politics at some levels. It's the refusal to compromise that makes otherwise legitimate identity politics toxic.

I'm not a MAGA cultist, but I can define woke. It's the toxic identity politics on steroids that is currently hijacking existing, possible, and imaginary social and political issues weaponizing them against a collective enemy called "those who don't adhere to our beliefs".

The above doesn't mean that the woke crowd is necessarily always wrong, or that the other side(s) doesn't practice identity politics at some levels. It's the refusal to compromise that makes otherwise legitimate identity politics toxic.

I was with you til the second paragraph.

Yeah, your second point was a woke response to your first point.

This video should be music to the ears of the middle of the road fence sitters like Mac1958 and his loyal understudies such as Harpy Eagle

And I am curious to see their reaction

No offense, but this video was pretty benign and I feel it didn't really address the core issues underlying society's current dysfunction. These three men appeared to be talking about mostly nothing. I agree that woke culture and ideology has gone way too far and I'm glad it's being talked about, but that man in the dress thinks doctor's should be allowed to castrate children with mental health issues. How ridiculous!

Can any MAGA cultist?

I tend to use the following definition:

"politically liberal or progressive (as in matters of racial and social justice) especially in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme"

I would add that it generally has a tendency to prioritize avoiding offending other people's feelings over telling the truth on important issues. It generally creates groups of victims and identity politics that are unhealthy for society.

I tend to use the following definition:

"politically liberal or progressive (as in matters of racial and social justice) especially in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme"

I would add that it generally has a tendency to prioritize avoiding offending other people's feelings over telling the truth on important issues. It generally creates groups of victims and identity politics that are unhealthy for society.

Who are you voting for?

Out with it.

Who are you voting for?

Out with it.
I suppose that would depend on who our actual options are by the time it's time to vote. I'm hoping that Biden is somehow declared incompetent. Then, maybe the Republicans will put up a better option somehow too? I have no idea how that would happen. I'm basically hoping that somehow Trump and Biden aren't options. I like Trump's policies, but dislike him as a person. He's a terrible spokesman, incredibly narcissistic and generally appears to create echo chambers. He needs to learn to work better with others. Then again, he may have been the only person with the chance of draining the swamp. Can you think of any better Republican or Democratic options?

Woke is many things to different people on the left

Do you support transsexuals?

Thats woke

Do you believe strongly in white racism and racist cops?

Thats woke

Allowing millions of foreigners to enter the country at will?

Thats woke

lol it was the gimps who tell you what to parrot every day who created the term to describe themselves, idiot.

No offense, but this video was pretty benign and I feel it didn't really address the core issues underlying society's current dysfunction. These three men appeared to be talking about mostly nothing. I agree that woke culture and ideology has gone way too far and I'm glad it's being talked about, but that man in the dress thinks doctor's should be allowed to castrate children with mental health issues. How ridiculous!
I cant say the video was tame by any means

When a card-carrying trans admits that their side has gone too far thats news

This video should be music to the ears of the middle of the road fence sitters like Mac1958 and his loyal understudies such as Harpy Eagle

And I am curious to see their reaction

I am not going to let them off the hook so easily. They destroy crap--see Covid--and then when they see it's all been a disaster, just try to run away from it.

No. That's your vomit sitting there, Leftists. You did this.

I am not going to let them off the hook so easily. They destroy crap--see Covid--and then when they see it's all been a disaster, just try to run away from it.

No. That's your vomit sitting there, Leftists. You did this.
I dont hate people like Wu just for being confused about sex

I pity them

Its only when they insist that society conform to their perverted choices that I have s problem

Particularly when it involves grooming children

Then it becomes society’s business

But if queers want to quietly want to be what they are without bothering others its no skin off my nose

I dont hate people like Wu just for being confused about sex

I pity them

Its only when they insist that society conform to their perverted choices that I have s problem

Particularly when it involves grooming children

Then it becomes society’s business

But if queers want to quietly want to be what they are without bothering others its no skin off my nose

Well, that's what Woke is. The insistence to conform--to not only "tolerate" or "accept" whatever anyone else is doing but to "celebrate" it. Hence the Pride Parades and all the other stuff.

Well, that's what Woke is. The insistence to conform--to not only "tolerate" or "accept" whatever anyone else is doing but to "celebrate" it. Hence the Pride Parades and all the other stuff.
Which Wu is against

I was with you til the second paragraph.
Yeah, your second point was a woke response to your first point.
The second paragraph means we should always avoid extremes and hasty generalizations. Not every social issue is an assault on white heterosexuals, and not every opinion of a white heterosexual is an assault on minorities.

Here's an example. I'm against sex change therapy for kids, but I think transgenders should be treated like normal people and shouldn't be victimized, celebrated, paraded like trophies to spite MAGA, or demonized.

The central pillar of democracy is the willingness to compromise to satisfy the needs and desires of all groups in a society, as much as possible. Identity politics is an important part of the democratic process - sometimes discrimination is useful. In our health system, for instance, everyone is equally covered, but low-income people pay less for the same medical insurance, with additional costs supported by the rich. It doesn't seem fair, but the system works very well.

Extremes are bad. I always look for a possible compromise.

Forum List

Back