🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Progressives always talk about mininum wage

Inflation is never healthy.

Yes it is you economic imbecile. Inflation encourages investment and spending by consumers and business and it helps businesses keep the liquidity they need to pay employees and buy inventory. Deflation kills investment and spending and creates liquidity crises for business. Its BAD when a business loses revenues while its debts remain the same, and its BAD for mortgagees when their incomes go down while their debts remain the same. That should be obvious.

Who said anything about 'deflation'...?

You've either got inflation or deflation unless you're suggesting its actually possible for prices to never change.

Your low wages are a drain on our society

Why should the taxpayer subsidize your profits?

I think this point needs to be emphasized. As some here know I spend a considerable amount of time in New Mexico on family and business. Albuquerque passed an increase in minimum wage law, and business responded by letting Americans go, and hiring more illegal aliens. The result was those citizens at the bottom of the food chain lost jobs. This is not a simple black and white issue.

WAGE-color-3-col-1024x852.jpg

Last edited:
I'm simply keeping your answers on record on a word file for all future interactions.

oh, he is just a lying whining fakey, that's it.

not worthy even the word file

you are taking this libtard bot way too seriously :lol:

The key to minimum wage or not paying a living wage for your area is ....Who makes up the difference?

If you don't pay your workers a wage on which they can support themselves or their families, it is the taxpayer who steps in to pay housing subsidies, food stamps for medical care

THe business profits off of substandard wages and leaves it up to the taxpayer to make up the difference

One last time. Minimum wage jobs are not for 'support'. These are entry level low or no skill occupations. There is no magic wand that can be waived to simply 'give them more money'.
The low skill or entry level job pays what it pays based on the skill level, value of the job and ability to produce revenue for the employer. It also is based on the supply of workers that can perform the job.
In other words, minimum and low wage jobs pay rates are appropriate.
This argument for $15 per hour is going nowhere.
Should by some insane act this comes to fruition, one of two things will happen. One, the employer will simply raise his prices to cover the increased cost of labor, or two businesses will close. Name your poison.
Oh, you should know that there is no such thing as "making up the difference"..The difference of WHAT?
And another thing. The profit margins of most small businesses are very thin. Any radical increase in costs can be damaging.
I fully realize that the liberal view of the small business owner is the person that pays 'slave' wages while they live in mansions in gated country club communities.
And that the business owner has no right living so well while his employees allegedly struggle.
Hardly the point. The business owner is taking ALL of the risk. It is HIS money. The employees can come and go as they please. Many min wage workers, especially younger ones are unreliable, take excessive numbers of sick days steal, do shoddy work, etc....
Before you go off whining about the alleged plight of the fast food worker, perhaps you should get to know a few of the franchisees and see what they have to deal with in operating their businesses before shooting off at the keyboard.

A business owner is able to get workers at substandard rates because the taxpayer is subsidizing his employees. He's has no right to a profit at taxpayers expense
The claims of going out of business and raging inflation if minimum wages are raised never come to fruition. If all your competition also has to raise their wages you still have a level playing field
Just a minute. Who said these wages were substandard?
And stop with the 'taxpayer' argument. That's deflection.
It is obvious you have no experience owning or operating a small business that employs low or no skill workers.
No business does claim a right to profit. That's true. But government or sympathetic to the cause liberals have no right denying the business the right to make an attempt at profitability.

One last time. Minimum wage jobs are not for 'support'. These are entry level low or no skill occupations. There is no magic wand that can be waived to simply 'give them more money'.
The low skill or entry level job pays what it pays based on the skill level, value of the job and ability to produce revenue for the employer. It also is based on the supply of workers that can perform the job.
In other words, minimum and low wage jobs pay rates are appropriate.
This argument for $15 per hour is going nowhere.
Should by some insane act this comes to fruition, one of two things will happen. One, the employer will simply raise his prices to cover the increased cost of labor, or two businesses will close. Name your poison.
Oh, you should know that there is no such thing as "making up the difference"..The difference of WHAT?
And another thing. The profit margins of most small businesses are very thin. Any radical increase in costs can be damaging.
I fully realize that the liberal view of the small business owner is the person that pays 'slave' wages while they live in mansions in gated country club communities.
And that the business owner has no right living so well while his employees allegedly struggle.
Hardly the point. The business owner is taking ALL of the risk. It is HIS money. The employees can come and go as they please. Many min wage workers, especially younger ones are unreliable, take excessive numbers of sick days steal, do shoddy work, etc....
Before you go off whining about the alleged plight of the fast food worker, perhaps you should get to know a few of the franchisees and see what they have to deal with in operating their businesses before shooting off at the keyboard.

A business owner is able to get workers at substandard rates because the taxpayer is subsidizing his employees. He's has no right to a profit at taxpayers expense
The claims of going out of business and raging inflation if minimum wages are raised never come to fruition. If all your competition also has to raise their wages you still have a level playing field
It is obvious you have no experience owning or operating a small business that employs low or no skill workers.
No business does claim a right to profit. That's true. But government or sympathetic to the cause liberals have no right denying the business the right to make an attempt at profitability.

It is not a deflection. If you pay a salary that your workers can't support themselves, the taxpayer is making up the difference
Your business is a drain on the local economy and the taxpayer is subsidizing your unwarranted profits

In fact, that welfare is going to support your business and your profits

It is not a deflection. If you pay a salary that your workers can't support themselves, the taxpayer is making up the difference
Your business is a drain on the local economy and the taxpayer is subsidizing your unwarranted profits

If a worker cannot support himself with what he is worth to an employer, then he either needs to get a second job, get more education, learn a skill, or go on the govt dole.

An employer is not obligated to provide what any worker claims to need to support himself.

Your entire narrative on this subject is marxist collectivist, just like your hero barry soetoro obama.

What is it that you don't get about freedom? the government is not your momma, the govt does not exist to ensure that you have a warm blanket and a chicken in your pot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

If a worker cannot support himself with what he is worth to an employer, then he either needs to get a second job, get more education, learn a skill, or go on the govt dole.

An employer is not obligated to provide what any worker claims to need to support himself.

Your entire narrative on this subject is marxist collectivist, just like your hero barry soetoro obama.

What is it that you don't get about freedom? the government is not your momma, the govt does not exist to ensure that you have a warm blanket and a chicken in your pot.

Well, I imagine in your society, people starve and children suffer. But I believe I live in the greatest country on earth and we are capable of looking after our least fortunate

Why should someone have to work for you and then have to beg in order to survive? He is your employee. Why are you dumping him off on society to take care of?

You're such a MEANIE!

How DARE you suggest a person is responsible for their life!

Well, I imagine in your society, people starve and children suffer. But I believe I live in the greatest country on earth and we are capable of looking after our least fortunate

Why should someone have to work for you and then have to beg in order to survive? He is your employee. Why are you dumping him off on society to take care of?

the price of labor should be set by supply and demand, just like anything else. If your skills are minimal then you get minimal pay, if you have a lot of skills, you get top pay.

Why should an employer go out of business in order to pay a low skilled employee a wage that should be reserved for a highly skilled employee?

Where does it say that an employer is required to support his employees?

No one is forced to work for any rate of pay.

You are mixing two topics with your left wing bullshit about "looking out for our least fortunate". Thats what charities and churches are for, and they do a much better job of it than the government.

You're such a MEANIE!

How DARE you suggest a person is responsible for their life!

I know, I'm sorry. I should agree with Marx and obama "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs":eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

the price of labor should be set by supply and demand, just like anything else. If your skills are minimal then you get minimal pay, if you have a lot of skills, you get top pay.

Why should an employer go out of business in order to pay a low skilled employee a wage that should be reserved for a highly skilled employee?

You are mixing two topics with your left wing bullshit about "looking out for our least fortunate". Thats what charities and churches are for, and they do a much better job of it than the government.

This conversation has been astonishing.

They literally seem to think that...

... an individual has no choice but to work for their employer
... an individual cannot improve their value on the job market
... an individual is stuck where they are permanently, that's it, tough crap
... an employer is responsible for paying an employee whatever they need, regardless of the employee's spending habits or other variables

How do you communicate on a rational level with people like this? My KIDS know more than this.

This conversation has been astonishing.

They literally seem to think that...

... an individual has no choice but to work for their employer
... an individual cannot improve their value on the job market
... an individual is stuck where they are permanently, that's it, tough crap
... an employer is responsible for paying an employee whatever they need, regardless of the employee's spending habits or other variables

How do you communicate on a rational level with people like this? My KIDS know more than this.

this thread proves that liberalism is a mental disease. I know that sounds harsh, but its the only conclusion one can come to after listening to them.

So let me guess. You're one of those old, 'I've got mine so fuck the rest of you' sociopaths?

So let me guess. You're one of those old, 'I've got mine so fuck the rest of you' sociopaths?

Yeah, I've got mine, and I worked very hard for many years to get it. I worked 80 hour weeks and 14 hour days, so don't give me your liberal shit. I also give to my church and several charities in order to help the "less fortunate".

But back to minimum wage. Why not make it $100/hour? Then everyone could live an upper middle class lifestyle. Better yet, lets give every citizen $4K per week whether they work or not, that would be "fair", right?

Your big Mac would cost $150 but everyone would be getting a "living wage" right?

Well, no because the price of everything would go up and your big income would not buy any more than it buys today.

Your entire liberal philosophy is nothing but bullshit.

Where in the world have you gotten the idea that someone HAS to work for someone?

Who told you this?

Is this serious?

Where in the WORLD do Statist Libtards get the idea that companies ONLY exist to give people jobs, and the EMPLOYEE dictates terms when they are not qualified to receive a payraise contrary to what the market dictates?

Where in the world have you gotten the idea that someone HAS to work for someone?

Who told you this?

Is this serious?

Where in the WORLD do Statist Libtards get the idea that companies ONLY exist to give people jobs, and the EMPLOYEE dictates terms when they are not qualified to receive a payraise contrary to what the market dictates?

They have somehow convinced themselves that an employer/employee relationship is very similar to that of a master and slave. The slave has no options, there's nothing they can do for themselves, ever, literally. The master holds all the cards and is evil. The master must be punished for his sins by the government. This is a terribly naive vision.

Incredible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back