Proof How Your Religion Could Be Made Up

Your words.

That explains nothing.

You seem ok with having faith in stuff that can't be proven. Just trust us then that you are wrong. God told us so. And he said if you doubt us you'll burn in hell for all eternity. Believe it! Sinner. LOL.
Yeah, believe what we tell you, did we mention tithing? Well pass the plate and be sure to tithe, or you know hell and all that. Wait, this isn't about money.

Of course it's not. Now, how does any of that explain why you think I'm being defensive?
It's the wording you used in your first post.

Do you mean where I said "Yet another evangelistic atheist thread in yet another vain attempt to belittle those who freely choose to believe differently"? Because that's true. What other purpose is there to such a thread? Every single believer has considered the possibility that what we heard was made up, then based on our experiences decided that it was not.

That explains nothing.

You seem ok with having faith in stuff that can't be proven. Just trust us then that you are wrong. God told us so. And he said if you doubt us you'll burn in hell for all eternity. Believe it! Sinner. LOL.
Yeah, believe what we tell you, did we mention tithing? Well pass the plate and be sure to tithe, or you know hell and all that. Wait, this isn't about money.

Of course it's not. Now, how does any of that explain why you think I'm being defensive?

Do you mean where I said "Yet another evangelistic atheist thread in yet another vain attempt to belittle those who freely choose to believe differently"? Because that's true. What other purpose is there to such a thread? Every single believer has considered the possibility that what we heard was made up, then based on our experiences decided that it was not.
That's defensive. Why do you feel you need to defend yourself against a non believer?

That's defensive. Why do you feel you need to defend yourself against a non believer?

I'm merely stating the truth about the thread. I don't need to defend myself against anyone.

What's defensive about my reply?
Your words.

That explains nothing.

Lets get back on subject. Homer is best known as the author of the Iliad and the Odyssey. Author of the first known literature of Europe, he had a lasting effect on the Western canon. Homer lived 850 BCE

Jews claim Moses wrote the Old Testament between the 16th and 12th century BCE. Pretty fucking vague don't you think?

Scholars now believe it was written 5th century BCE.

Do you see how imaginative people became after Homer? 300 years after Homer you guys made up the Old Testament and lied about when it was written until that was debunked. But that didn't stop your religions from continuing the farse. And then anywhere from 1000 to 2000 years ago someone made up Christianity and you all bought it. A small start up cult for non Jews. And boy did it stick. Well so does Islam, Mormonism & Scientology. What can I say? People are dumb.

Notice how hadit is wasting time deflecting the subject to if and or why he's being defensive? Who gives a rats ass? I've hadit!!!

Let us not forget Anakin Skywalker... who was born via immaculate conception, and fulfilled prophecy, performed miracles, and ultimately sacrificed his Life- allowing the entire galaxy to be saved.

Or Goku. Goku went around performing incredible miracles and triumphing over evil. He taught compassion, and love, and led through example. Sometimes, his appearance would change and his face would shine like the sun, and he could be seen ascending into Heaven on a cloud. Goku sacrificed his life so that we could be saved, and he rose again after death.

It has to have been written before the Old Testament to prove to them their story isn't even original. And be careful they lie about how old their ancient books are. I found out they use to say their Old Testament was written by Moses 16th century BCE and now we find out it was 500 BCE. Can we be sure they are telling us the truth about when the New Testament was written? I think not.

1. Codex Sinaiticus is one of the most important books in the world. Handwritten well over 1600 years ago, the manuscript contains theChristian Bible in Greek, including the oldest complete copy of the New Testament.
They didn't even save the powder of the papyrus paper the original bible(s) were written on? As far as I'm concerned the whole story was made up 1600 years ago. Or it was too small and ignorant a cult for the first 400 years it was made up virbally and 1600 years ago they finally got organized. I call BS!

A book of supernatural fables written 2600 years after Homer told his wild stories? And I'm to believe it?

That explains nothing.

We're trying to help wake you up. We don't think it is good for people. Same way you tell people about god because you do think it is good for people. Because you think it is good for you. Is ignorant bliss good? We think "they" use it to control us, keep us down, justify their bad deeds. Ever hear the saying?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” – Steven Weinberg

And we really only argue with people who think we're going to hell because we don't believe in their god. We have fun going inside the mind of a wackado theist. Its annoying in person so we come here to hear what you guys really think, try to explain to you how it got in our heads and why you choose to believe the supernatural. Its all in your heads.

And it is sad you are wasting this life waiting for the next. Make this one count because when its over it is over. You are just another animal on this planet. You just happen to be the top of the food chain at this moment in history. The end could come for mammals and crocs and sharks will rule this planet. No god or heaven for them either. The solar system does not care about humans. There are probably millions of other planets with life on them. Billions. Maybe even an infinite number if that's comprehendable.

Put the universe on a 12 month calendar and we've only been here for 40 seconds. Did god care about the Trilobites the millions of years they ruled before the dinosaurs? Is there a Trilobite heaven? How about a dinosaur heaven? No god that cares about you is watching. Don't kill yourself over it. Just make the most of this life. You are extremely lucky you didn't up on the bed sheets like all your potential brothers and sisters that were never born were. And thank whatever monkey ancestor that came 1 million years before you for surviving and passing on their genes to the next generation all the way until you were born. It is amazing. We are so lucky we live as long as we do. Imagine if you were a Mosquito.

Bloodsucking mosquitoes, depending on species, gender, and weather conditions, have potential adult lifespans ranging from as short as a week to as long as several months.

Notice how hadit is wasting time deflecting the subject to if and or why he's being defensive? Who gives a rats ass? I've hadit!!!

I was reacting to a charge from another poster. Perhaps you missed that part?

Your words.

That explains nothing.

Lets get back on subject. Homer is best known as the author of the Iliad and the Odyssey. Author of the first known literature of Europe, he had a lasting effect on the Western canon. Homer lived 850 BCE

Jews claim Moses wrote the Old Testament between the 16th and 12th century BCE. Pretty fucking vague don't you think?

Do you see how imaginative people became after Homer? 300 years after Homer you guys made up the Old Testament and lied about when it was written until that was debunked. But that didn't stop your religions from continuing the farse. And then anywhere from 1000 to 2000 years ago someone made up Christianity and you all bought it. A small start up cult for non Jews. And boy did it stick. Well so does Islam, Mormonism & Scientology. What can I say? People are dumb.

Can you prove Homer even existed? You seem to believe he did.

We're trying to help wake you up. We don't think it is good for people. Same way you tell people about god because you do think it is good for people. Because you think it is good for you. Is ignorant bliss good? We think "they" use it to control us, keep us down, justify their bad deeds. Ever hear the saying?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” – Steven Weinberg

And we really only argue with people who think we're going to hell because we don't believe in their god. We have fun going inside the mind of a wackado theist. Its annoying in person so we come here to hear what you guys really think, try to explain to you how it got in our heads and why you choose to believe the supernatural. Its all in your heads.

And it is sad you are wasting this life waiting for the next. Make this one count because when its over it is over. You are just another animal on this planet. You just happen to be the top of the food chain at this moment in history. The end could come for mammals and crocs and sharks will rule this planet. No god or heaven for them either. The solar system does not care about humans. There are probably millions of other planets with life on them. Billions. Maybe even an infinite number if that's comprehendable.

Put the universe on a 12 month calendar and we've only been here for 40 seconds. Did god care about the Trilobites the millions of years they ruled before the dinosaurs? Is there a Trilobite heaven? How about a dinosaur heaven? No god that cares about you is watching. Don't kill yourself over it. Just make the most of this life. You are extremely lucky you didn't up on the bed sheets like all your potential brothers and sisters that were never born were. And thank whatever monkey ancestor that came 1 million years before you for surviving and passing on their genes to the next generation all the way until you were born. It is amazing. We are so lucky we live as long as we do. Imagine if you were a Mosquito.

Bloodsucking mosquitoes, depending on species, gender, and weather conditions, have potential adult lifespans ranging from as short as a week to as long as several months.

Do you seriously believe man is descended from monkeys? I'll take that as an example of the things you believe because you were told that are not supported by fact.

Christians don't even realize the gospels according to ____ weren't written by ________.

Really? You don't think we're aware of the theories ginned up to discredit Scripture? You really need a new schtick.

I just had another thought and want to run it by you. The other day I reminded Christian men that wacking off to their married neighbors wife is committing adultery
That explains nothing.

No reason to doubt he didn't exist. They didn't say he performed miracles or that he was a god.

If I tell you I'm short fat and ugly, do you believe me? You have no reason to doubt that. But if I tell you I'm tall slim and pretty and I am a god, do you believe me still? See the difference?

I just had another thought and want to run it by you. The other day I reminded Christian men that wacking off to their married neighbors wife is committing adultery

No reason to doubt he didn't exist. They didn't say he performed miracles or that he was a god.

If I tell you I'm short fat and ugly, do you believe me? You have no reason to doubt that. But if I tell you I'm tall slim and pretty and I am a god, do you believe me still? See the difference?

So you choose to believe he exists because someone told you he did, and you don't care whether he did or not?

A book of supernatural fables written 2600 years after Homer told his wild stories? And I'm to believe it?

Do you believe Homer existed?

They aren't even certain of that. See how you can't believe anything you read from those times? I take everything I read with a grain of salt especially if the stories are too good to be true.

Precisely. That's why you have to experience things for yourself. Here's the difference. The militant atheist will not only refuse to believe the testimony of others, he will refuse to believe his own senses if what they tell him violates what he's been told by the group of people he's chosen to believe.

So you choose to believe he exists because someone told you he did, and you don't care whether he did or not?

I remain open to the possibility a man named Homer existed and wrote the Odyssey and Iliad but its debatable. I'm not skeptical nor do I care. Some think a young Sicilian woman wrote the Odyssey.

But it really doesn't matter. I'm not going to hell on my final answer, am I?

Do you believe Homer existed?

They aren't even certain of that. See how you can't believe anything you read from those times? I take everything I read with a grain of salt especially if the stories are too good to be true.

Precisely. That's why you have to experience things for yourself. Here's the difference. The militant atheist will not only refuse to believe the testimony of others, he will refuse to believe his own senses if what they tell him violates what he's been told by the group of people he's chosen to believe.

My Christian friends swore a ghost lived in their basement. They all claim to have seen it. I went down with the lights off and door closed and mother fucked that ghost. He didn't come out. Know why? Because they are a bunch of superstitious nincompoops. Typical theists. Sorry, no I don't believe what you saw or heard.

Forum List

Back