Proof How Your Religion Could Be Made Up

Of course they don't tell children Medusa was raped. We don't want to traunatize them.and suggest gods rape.
right.....they must save things like that for the "official" version.......

Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an ass.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.

Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.

Of course they don't tell children Medusa was raped. We don't want to traunatize them.and suggest gods rape.

Attis was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana. He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind. His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers. He was both the Divine Son and the Father. On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth. He descended into the underworld. After three days, Attis was resurrected.

In the story of Krishna the deity is the agent of conception and also the offspring. Because of his sympathy for the earth, the divine Vishnu himself descended into the womb of Devaki and was born as her son
and yet, the fact she had seven children before him leaves one to doubt that she was a virgin.......that IS the issue you know......

I hope both of you realize that neither of your comments support the silly claim that virgin births are common in mythological religions that predate Christianity......the fact remains that once again your arguments have been proven wrong......
It's just that magical tales of virgin pregnancies are not uncommon in religions and those superstitions are incorporated in religions that derive their theology from earlier religions.

The fact remains...... you wouldn't know a fact if your Madrassah leader beat you with it......

I found this guy did extensive research and the subject.
10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus - Listverse
and yet he didn't document a single one of his claims......I have documented many of the claims he has made to be false already on this board, some in this very thread......come up with SOMETHING to support your idiotic statements so I can continue to prove you are a fool.....

You think your link is the only one true link, just like your bible. LOL

Romulus is born of a vestal virgin, which was a priestess of the hearth god Vesta sworn to celibacy.
lol...how could we have overlooked the parallels to the nativity....

Romulus/ˈrɒmjʉləs/ and Remus/ˈriːməs/ are the twin brothers and main characters of Rome's foundation myth. Their mother is Rhea Silvia, daughter of Numitor, king of Alba Longa. Before their conception, Numitor's brother Amulius seizes power, kills Numitor's male heirs and forces Rhea Silvia to become a Vestal Virgin, sworn to chastity. Rhea Silvia conceives the twins by the god Mars, or by the demi-god Hercules. Once the twins are born, Amulius has them abandoned to die in the river Tiber. They are saved by a series of miraculous interventions: the river carries them to safety, a she-wolf (in Latin, lupa) finds and suckles them, and a woodpecker feeds them.

Just like the Holy Woodpecker in the gospel of Luke!.......

Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.
there is no mention of a virgin birth in the pre-Christian accounts of Zoroaster....
Life[edit]
The Gathas contain allusions to personal events, such as Zoroaster's triumph over obstacles imposed by competing priests and the ruling class. They also indicate he had difficulty spreading his teachings, and was even treated with ill-will in his mother's hometown. They also describe familiar events such as the marriage of his daughter, at which Zoroaster presided. In the texts of the Younger Avesta (composed many centuries after theGathas), Zoroaster is depicted wrestling with the daevas and is tempted by Angra Mainyu to renounce his thinking (Yasht 17.19; Vendidad 19). TheSpend Nask, the 13th section of the Avesta, is said to have a description of the prophet's life. [24] However, this text has been lost over the centuries, and it survives only as a summary in the seventh book of the 9th-century Dēnkard. Other 9th- to 12th-century stories of Zoroaster, such as theShāhnāmeh, are also assumed to be based on earlier texts, but must be considered as primarily a collection of legends. The historical Zoroaster, however, eludes categorization as a legendary character.

Zoroaster was born into the priestly family[citation needed] of the Spitamids and his ancestor Spitāma is mentioned several times in the Gathas. His father's name was Pourušaspa, or "Poroschasp", a noble Persian, and his mother's was Dughdova (Duγδōuuā). With his wife, Huvovi (Hvōvi), Zoroaster had three sons, Isat Vastar, Uruvat-Nara and Hvare Ciϑra; three daughters, Freni, Pourucista and Triti.[25] His wife, children and a cousin named Maidhyoimangha were his first converts after his illumination from Ahura Mazda at age 30. According to Yasnas 5 & 105, Zoroaster prayed toAnahita for the conversion of King Vištaspa,[26] who appears in the Gathas as a historic personage. In legends, Vištaspa is said to have had two brothers as courtiers, Frašaōštra and Jamaspa, and to whom Zoroaster was closely related: his wife, Hvōvi, was the daughter of Frashaōštra, while Jamaspa was the husband of his daughter Pourucista. The actual role of intermediary was played by the pious queen Hutaōsa. Apart from this connection, the new prophet relied especially upon his own kindred (hvaētuš).
Zoroaster - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Attis was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana. He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind. His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers. He was both the Divine Son and the Father. On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth. He descended into the underworld. After three days, Attis was resurrected.
We have already covered Attis.....it was claimed he was conceived by means of an almond that grew on a tree that grew from the severed penis of Agdistis, he was not crucified.....he died because he cut off his own genitals in a fit of madness.......he did not resurrect, he turned into a pine tree.....

an alternative narrative says he was born to his father Calaus and was a eunich from birth....
Attis - Greek Mythology Link

Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an ass.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.
except none of that is true....
The earliest discussions of mythological parallels between Dionysus and the figure of the Christ in Christian theology can be traced to Friedrich Hölderlin, whose identification of Dionysus with Christ is most explicit in Brod und Wein (1800–1801) and Der Einzige (1801–1803).[59]

Theories regarding such parallels were popular in the 19th century but were later on mostly rejected by contemporary scholarship. A few modern scholars such as Martin Hengel, Barry Powell, Robert M. Price, and Peter Wick, among others, argue that Dionysian religion and Christianity have notable parallels. They point to the symbolism of wine and the importance it held in the mythology surrounding both Dionysus and Jesus Christ;[60][61] though, Wick argues that the use of wine symbolism in the Gospel of John, including the story of the Marriage at Cana at which Jesus turns water into wine, was intended to show Jesus as superior to Dionysus.[62]
Dionysus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yet another evangelistic atheist thread in yet another vain attempt to belittle those who freely choose to believe differently.

If you might be worshipping a lie wouldn't you want to know?

If you still want to believe after seeing or hearing all the evidence I'm cool with that.

This is just for people who claim their religion is obvious or that were going to hell if we don't.believe or that america is a christian nation. The fuck it is. It is a country for atheists and stupid theists alike. Secular.

Of course I would want to know if I believed a lie. The problem the atheist has, however, is that it is impossible to prove the negative in this case, because you simply can't know each person's personal experience, and I'm okay with watching them become increasingly desperate trying to do so. As for America, no, it is not a "Christian nation", and never was. What American society DID do, however, was acknowledge and honor God for over 200 years, during which time America became the greatest superpower the world has known. Now, of course, we are moving away from doing that and will slide into irrelevance in relatively short order.
If your faith was strong you could entertain a hypothetical without having to become defensive.

Yet another evangelistic atheist thread in yet another vain attempt to belittle those who freely choose to believe differently.

If you still want to believe after seeing or hearing all the evidence I'm cool with that.

This is just for people who claim their religion is obvious or that were going to hell if we don't.believe or that america is a christian nation. The fuck it is. It is a country for atheists and stupid theists alike. Secular.

Of course I would want to know if I believed a lie. The problem the atheist has, however, is that it is impossible to prove the negative in this case, because you simply can't know each person's personal experience, and I'm okay with watching them become increasingly desperate trying to do so. As for America, no, it is not a "Christian nation", and never was. What American society DID do, however, was acknowledge and honor God for over 200 years, during which time America became the greatest superpower the world has known. Now, of course, we are moving away from doing that and will slide into irrelevance in relatively short order.
If your faith was strong you could entertain a hypothetical without having to become defensive.

What's defensive about my reply?

Your words.

Your words.

That explains nothing.

Your words.

That explains nothing.

You seem ok with having faith in stuff that can't be proven. Just trust us then that you are wrong. God told us so. And he said if you doubt us you'll burn in hell for all eternity. Believe it! Sinner. LOL.

Your words.

That explains nothing.

You seem ok with having faith in stuff that can't be proven. Just trust us then that you are wrong. God told us so. And he said if you doubt us you'll burn in hell for all eternity. Believe it! Sinner. LOL.
Yeah, believe what we tell you, did we mention tithing? Well pass the plate and be sure to tithe, or you know hell and all that. Wait, this isn't about money.

Your words.

That explains nothing.

Yeah, believe what we tell you, did we mention tithing? Well pass the plate and be sure to tithe, or you know hell and all that. Wait, this isn't about money.

Of course it's not. Now, how does any of that explain why you think I'm being defensive?

Let us not forget Anakin Skywalker... who was born via immaculate conception, and fulfilled prophecy, performed miracles, and ultimately sacrificed his Life- allowing the entire galaxy to be saved.

Or Goku. Goku went around performing incredible miracles and triumphing over evil. He taught compassion, and love, and led through example. Sometimes, his appearance would change and his face would shine like the sun, and he could be seen ascending into Heaven on a cloud. Goku sacrificed his life so that we could be saved, and he rose again after death.

Last edited:

Your words.

That explains nothing.

Shall I being listing the things you believe simply because someone told you to?

Your words.

That explains nothing.

Of course it's not. Now, how does any of that explain why you think I'm being defensive?
It's the wording you used in your first post.

Forum List

Back