Proof How Your Religion Could Be Made Up

Yet another evangelistic atheist thread in yet another vain attempt to belittle those who freely choose to believe differently.

We aren't saying we know god doesnt exist. Were just saying you've given no evidence. Just words.

Forgive us for not taking your churches word for it. Think about how you don't take the Mormon churches word for it but millions do. Should we be able to call bullshit on a lie? Why not your lie?

Believing in an afterlife deminishes the brief time we do have. Don't worry about now sucking because the best is yet to come.

Holy ghost, 28 pages and not an ounce of proof God exists or does not exist. Well, it's been a lot longer that such an argument has continued with no answer, and will continue until the sun burns out.

That said, the only rational response to the question of God is Agnosticism. If God exists, or does not exist, should it impact the moral judgments we make? Either God gave us a brain capable of wondrous things, or our brain evolved from a single cell life form once living in the sea.

Ask yourself, do you act morally because you fear hell, or want to go to heaven? Or do you do so because it is the right thing to do?

I can't help but laugh every time I read a post from a Christian who wears their religion on their sleeve, and is so filled with hate for others, hate for those who in their mind must have been created by the God they profess to love and obey.

I can't help but wonder how a terrorist, who is supposedly a believer in God, can so easily take the life of other of Gods creations.

God hates agnostics because agnostics slander God and call Him a liar. Agnostics will go to Hell.

One of the seven deadly sins is pride, pride is speaking for God. Knowing this, your sin is mortal, and yet you choose to do so. Thus, you should worry about your passport to the Kingdom of God and let others do the same.

Hahahah how absurd. You're an infidel. You don't know God. Your opinions are worthless.

Adorable. Now, take it up with every evolutionary biologist out there who say man did not descend from monkeys.

So you use science as a resource to back up your claims when I make a mistake about monkeys vs apes, a typical mistake people make, but you don't believe we all came from the same place? In other words at one time a monkey, ape and human were all the same species. That species split up to eventually become every living thing you see on this planet.

Are you saying we aren't on the same branch as monkeys and apes? Because we are actually related to spiders, frogs, fish, birds, dinosaurs. Everything that ever lived on earth came from the first living microbes or single cell organisms that started the first life on this planet. God didn't come up with all the living things individually.

There are currently 14 million species of life on the Earth. 99% of all species have gone extinct. What is 14 million times 100? So you think god made 14,000,000,000 and 99% of them were a mistake? That doesn't jive with your story about this perfect god who created you and cares about you. The facts suggest you are dumb.

Why would a species going extinct mean it was a mistake? Are you saying that the carrier pigeon, the dodo bird for example, were mistakes? Of course they were not. Nor were the species that vanished prior to the Cambrian explosion, which turns the idea of slow, miniscule changes over long periods of time resulting in new life forms on its head. And I notice that you continue to spout juvenile insults in your posts. Why is that? Are you so insecure in your own beliefs that you cannot be mature?

The Crimea debunks evolution? Not so

The massive explosion of brand new life forms in such a short period of time in a constantly changing (and frequently hostile) environment certainly make the idea of very small changes happening over very long periods of time a LOT more problematic.

Actually, no. The "short period of time" was millions upon millions of years.

You should avoid getting your science from fundamentalist Christian ministries.

Holy ghost, 28 pages and not an ounce of proof God exists or does not exist. Well, it's been a lot longer that such an argument has continued with no answer, and will continue until the sun burns out.

That said, the only rational response to the question of God is Agnosticism. If God exists, or does not exist, should it impact the moral judgments we make? Either God gave us a brain capable of wondrous things, or our brain evolved from a single cell life form once living in the sea.

Ask yourself, do you act morally because you fear hell, or want to go to heaven? Or do you do so because it is the right thing to do?

I can't help but laugh every time I read a post from a Christian who wears their religion on their sleeve, and is so filled with hate for others, hate for those who in their mind must have been created by the God they profess to love and obey.

I can't help but wonder how a terrorist, who is supposedly a believer in God, can so easily take the life of other of Gods creations.

God hates agnostics because agnostics slander God and call Him a liar. Agnostics will go to Hell.

One of the seven deadly sins is pride, pride is speaking for God. Knowing this, your sin is mortal, and yet you choose to do so. Thus, you should worry about your passport to the Kingdom of God and let others do the same.

Hahahah how absurd. You're an infidel. You don't know God. Your opinions are worthless.

I'm fine being an infidel, though raised in the Catholic faith, any faith I may have had disappeared when I began to question the true purpose of organized religions, and I admit, I don't know God.

To evaluate my opinion in the instant matter, you will first need to die. If you were a true believer, you would work toward that goal - see the fools in the ME for a role model.

We aren't saying we know god doesnt exist. .
?????...what did you think "there is no god" meant?........

If you are going to believe a story don't you think you should expect some evidence? You can't provide any evidence. Just words. Your hypothis a god exists doesn't even qualify as a theory.

I'm watching yet another pbs show on the history of religion. It is amazing you believe any stories those people told. Not a word.

That bible you're reading completely made up. Time to evolve.

I'm watching a show on old christianity. Seems as evil as Islam is now. If you realize Islam is made up you must know so is yours. At least it could be.

Here is what it all boils down to. Theists believe a god exists and should be worshipped and atheists don't.

Theists had no evidence so they made up their books. Lies!

There could be a god but you have no evidence. Did you think we would just take your corrupt churches word for it like you did.

And your preacher probably believes. If not he's a brilliant con man. Lol just cause he believes it with all his heart..actually that's worse. I don't believe anyone can believe it 100%.

If you are going to believe a story don't you think you should expect some evidence? You can't provide any evidence. Just words. Your hypothis a god exists doesn't even qualify as a theory.

I'm watching yet another pbs show on the history of religion. It is amazing you believe any stories those people told. Not a word.

but he isn't saying God doesn't exist......lol.....

If christianity didn't exist you'd be quoting the Koran idiot.

You wouldnt have any reason to doubt it. The only reason you deny the Koran is it conflicts with your bullshit story.

Same thing happened between the Greeks and Babylonians. Each had a top god but they were completely different. Each side argued why their god was real and the other one not.

Neither side imagined they might both be made up.

Yea there's a heaven waiting for you where you live happy forever. Do you even hear yourself?

Adorable. Now, take it up with every evolutionary biologist out there who say man did not descend from monkeys.

So you use science as a resource to back up your claims when I make a mistake about monkeys vs apes, a typical mistake people make, but you don't believe we all came from the same place? In other words at one time a monkey, ape and human were all the same species. That species split up to eventually become every living thing you see on this planet.

Are you saying we aren't on the same branch as monkeys and apes? Because we are actually related to spiders, frogs, fish, birds, dinosaurs. Everything that ever lived on earth came from the first living microbes or single cell organisms that started the first life on this planet. God didn't come up with all the living things individually.

There are currently 14 million species of life on the Earth. 99% of all species have gone extinct. What is 14 million times 100? So you think god made 14,000,000,000 and 99% of them were a mistake? That doesn't jive with your story about this perfect god who created you and cares about you. The facts suggest you are dumb.

Why would a species going extinct mean it was a mistake? Are you saying that the carrier pigeon, the dodo bird for example, were mistakes? Of course they were not. Nor were the species that vanished prior to the Cambrian explosion, which turns the idea of slow, miniscule changes over long periods of time resulting in new life forms on its head. And I notice that you continue to spout juvenile insults in your posts. Why is that? Are you so insecure in your own beliefs that you cannot be mature?

The massive explosion of brand new life forms in such a short period of time in a constantly changing (and frequently hostile) environment certainly make the idea of very small changes happening over very long periods of time a LOT more problematic.

In geological time, it was an eyeblink.

In geological time, it was an eyeblink.
It was literally millions upon millions of years.

That's millions upon millions of years more history than that spanned after the human invention of your gawds.

First thing I'm going to ask god is which god is he then why'd you go to such great length to hide from us.?

He didn't. He knows that matter what He does, you're not going to believe.
I see you've personalized your gawds just as others have personalized the gawds that were invented prior to your gawds.

You wouldnt have any reason to doubt it. The only reason you deny the Koran is it conflicts with your bullshit story.

Same thing happened between the Greeks and Babylonians. Each had a top god but they were completely different. Each side argued why their god was real and the other one not.

Yea there's a heaven waiting for you where you live happy forever. Do you even hear yourself?
and all this is supposed to prove that you don't say there is no god?......

Do I have to prove the lochness monster or big foot aren't real? People have seen them.

Miracles have not been demonstrated to occur plus the existence of a miracle would pose logical problems for belief in a god which can supposedly see the future and began the universe with a set of predefined laws. Most alleged miracles can be explained as statistically unlikely occurrences. For example, one child surviving a plane crash that kills two hundred others is not a miracle, just as one person winning the lottery is not. In the absence of any empirical evidence, all other claims can be dismissed as the result of magical thinking, misattribution, credulity, hearsay and anecdote. Eye-witness testimony and anecdotal accounts are, by themselves, not reliable or definitive forms of proof for such extraordinary claims.

Theists often fail to adequately apportion blame when claims of their particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster, or recovery from a debilitating disease – all of which their god would ultimately be responsible for inflicting if it existed.

Morality is a cultural concept with a basis in evolutionary psychology and game theory. Species whose members were predisposed to cooperate were more likely to survive and pass on their genes. Reciprocacy, altruism and other so-called ‘moral’ characteristics are evident in many species. The neurochemical thought to regulate morality and empathy is oxytocin. Religious texts are simply part of many early attempts to codify moral precepts. Secular law, flexible with the shifting moral zeitgeist, has long since superseded religion as a source of moral directives for the majority of developed societies. Secular ethics offers a number of competing moral frameworks which do not derive from a purported supernatural source.

People need to believe in god / Without god people will do bad things is an Argument from adverse consequences. Just because something is perceived as having good consequences if it is true, does not actually make it true. The fact that religiously free societies with a proportionally large number of atheists are generally more peaceful than otherwise is evidence this perception is incorrect.

Lots of people believe in a god.

Argumentum ad populum. The popularity of an idea says nothing of its veracity.

Geocentrism, a flat earth, creationism, astrology, alchemy and the occult were all once pervasive beliefs. Furthermore, religions are culturally relative and, for the most part, are inconsistent and mutually exclusive.

God created/caused the universe.

The First Cause Argument, or Cosmological Argument is internally contradictory and raises the following questions: Who or what created god?, Why should a hypothetical ‘cause’ have any of the common attributes of a god?, Why is the ‘cause’ a specific god?, Why can’t the universe be causeless too? and, most importantly, Why rule out all other possible explanations? It is fundamentally a ‘god of the gaps’ approach. Our current lack of understanding concerning the Universe’s origins does not automatically mean ‘god’ holds any explanatory value. Metaphysical and theistic speculation are not immediately justified or correct simply because we lack a comprehensive scientific model. Uncertainty is the most valid position and one can honestly say “We just don’t know yet”.

Theists often state “God is outside of time”. This claim does not actually make their speculation correct. Instead, it brings with it a whole host of problems and may be immediately dismissed as being without basis and a type fallacy known as special pleading.

Forum List

Back