Protests for $15-an-hour wages set to expand Wednesday

Face the facts..... When you price yourself out of the market, you get replaced, and the Republicans have nothing to do with it. The business owners do it.

Ever see a self-checkout at Wal-Mart or the grocery store?

Ha, most Americans are too fat, dumb, and lazy to use self-checkouts. So your fantasy of robots replacing American Workers isn't gonna happen. But if it does somehow happen, what are you gonna do with all those unemployed Americans?

Actually, I see people using self-checkouts all the time. Can I help you jam your OTHER foot in your mouth, now?

They're ok if you only have a few items. But trust me, most Americans are way too fat, lazy, and dumb to checkout a hundred items themselves. You greedy Republicans vastly over-estimate the general Public. Your robot fantasy is a long long way off.

I go to them all the time, much easier, the issue now is the lines seem to be getting longer.

Fat ignorant Americans sure do love that cheap Chinese shit. I won't argue with you there. But shopping at Walmart is a miserable shopping experience. The stinky loud crowds and long lines. Products ripped open and thrown on the floor. It's a real Third World mess. I choose to shop elsewhere.

I don't shop at Walmart, try again. Try a grocery store, you ever been in one? They have food in them, you being a fat ignorant American, I assume you live in one.

They're ok if you only have a few items. But trust me, most Americans are way too fat, lazy, and dumb to checkout a hundred items themselves. You greedy Republicans vastly over-estimate the general Public. Your robot fantasy is a long long way off.

I can check out a full cart in less time then it takes a typical stoned teenager to scan HALF a cart. At Stop & Shop, I can check out any size order (from 2 items to 2 carts) in <3 minutes.

ALL jobs no matter what they are should be paid enough for the worker to live WITHOUT welfare. A livable wage.Funny how the RICHEST nation on earth can't afford that but we find BILLIONS and TRILLIONS for welfare,warfare and foreign aid.

So unskilled jobs should BE welfare, then?

No, unskilled jobs, should be jobs people do while living with roomates, or living at home, where the cost of living is divided up among various people.

The unskilled low pay job, should be something you do while getting the skills, or abilities required for a better job, which should be the goal of everyone who desires to be paid a higher wage.

The unskilled job, is only to be a life long choice, for those who are happy to remain at a low wage job.

The moment you cry and whine that you should be paid for, the problem is on your shoulders to fix by getting a better job. Not on the shoulders of everyone else because you somehow think it is societies job to make your life better.

In short.... there should be no welfare or food stamps at all. If you want something for free, you should waddle your butt to the shelter and get a free meal, or place to stay. It shouldn't be forced on working people, to pay for your lazy butt.

Face the facts..... When you price yourself out of the market, you get replaced, and the Republicans have nothing to do with it. The business owners do it.

Ever see a self-checkout at Wal-Mart or the grocery store?

Ha, most Americans are too fat, dumb, and lazy to use self-checkouts. So your fantasy of robots replacing American Workers isn't gonna happen. But if it does somehow happen, what are you gonna do with all those unemployed Americans?

Actually, I see people using self-checkouts all the time. Can I help you jam your OTHER foot in your mouth, now?

I go to them all the time, much easier, the issue now is the lines seem to be getting longer.

Fat ignorant Americans sure do love that cheap Chinese shit. I won't argue with you there. But shopping at Walmart is a miserable shopping experience. The stinky loud crowds and long lines. Products ripped open and thrown on the floor. It's a real Third World mess. I choose to shop elsewhere.

Well you have the right to be wrong.

I go to Walmart all the time, and the experience is perfectly fine, and I enjoy paying a lower price for the same goods. I have never had a problem, nor any issues at all with going to Walmart. You have, fine. But for you to pre-judge all Walmarts everywhere, because you had a problem, just makes you an arrogant self-absorbed prick.

You leftards always talk about how judgemental the right-wing is, and then make prejudice comments all over the place. Hypocrite... speak for yourself.

Maybe the fact you had problems at Walmart, reflects more on you, than Walmart. Maybe the reason staff at the stores treat you like crap, is because of the pile of crap you are? Usually when someone bitches about everyone else, and how terrible everyone else is... their problem is really in their mirror.

I have no problem with Walmart. It's a great place to shop if you want to pay less for quality goods.

15 bucks an hour to toss a burger? PAHLEASE.
Have you ever worked fast food. Those people bust their ass and deal with asshole customers. You can call the position inferior if you want, but it's non stop productivity for these restaurant and they get paid jack shit.

It's a job that can be done by a trained chimp. It is unskilled labor and pays appropriately.
You cons are painfully dumb. Just because it is entry level does not mean it isn't hard work. It is non stop productivity with asshole customers on top. They deserve decent pay.

Have you ever worked fast food. Those people bust their ass and deal with asshole customers. You can call the position inferior if you want, but it's non stop productivity for these restaurant and they get paid jack shit.

It's a job that can be done by a trained chimp. It is unskilled labor and pays appropriately.
You cons are painfully dumb. Just because it is entry level does not mean it isn't hard work. It is non stop productivity with asshole customers on top. They deserve decent pay.

Maybe. But how valuable work is has nothing to do with what people deserve.

And who are you to say what people deserve?

I'm not.

So valuable work doesn't entitle people to a wage they can live off of?

I'm not.
It should be the laborers who determine what they deserve, without them, the work would not get done.

I get a good laugh each week when I take my groceries through a cashier line at the local Kroger and watch the liberals, panties all a-twist over saving jobs and raising wages using the job-killing, unpaid robo-checkouts.

I get a good laugh each week when I take my groceries through a cashier line at the local Kroger and watch the liberals, panties all a-twist over saving jobs and raising wages using the job-killing, unpaid robo-checkouts.
When society gets to a point where technology takes more and more jobs, we will realize an actual problem that needs to be addressed, one which you're ignorant of.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you re-phrase the question?

I'm not.
It should be the laborers who determine what they deserve, without them, the work would not get done.

Well, like I said, how valuable their work is has nothing to do with what they "deserve". It's a function of how much other people want what they're doing.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you re-phrase the question?
The work they do deserves a higher wage because they cannot live off the wage they have now.

I'm not.

Well, like I said, how valuable their work is has nothing to do with what they "deserve". It's a function of how much other people want what they're doing.
People do seem to want fast food.. :beer:

I'm not.

People do seem to want fast food.. :beer:

They do. But how much? Double the price, and find out!

I'm not.

Do you honestly think McDonald's pays their employees based on what they think they deserve? No. They pay as low as they can for the sake of their own profit.

Forum List

Back