Protests in Syria

HG Gazans need some Aid to get their infrastructure going. It's unfair. They have been isolated for since 2006 for a while. They need to make real relations rather than rely on Iran. Who was the only country willing to help. Gazans don't have money to pay taxes. The government needs money to function.

I'm glad he helped the Palestinian people.

The problem is nobody wants to give money to Gaza if its going to go towards Hamas weapons and missiles, I read somewhere that 79 missiles were fired into Israel this past weekend right? how come there is money for missiles but not enough for what the Palestinians really need?

You're confusing the two. Hamas has a political government, that money goes into social work, infrastructure. They are building many new things. But still as a government they need allies. And they need to be able to trade. The people are smart in Gaza. They just need the opportunity.

Now Izzedeen Qassam brigades are their military wing. It's completely separate. Those have hidden different leaders who gather money for weopons. And Gaza is in need of a little bit of weapons. They are still extremely weak. But they make it look easy with the rockets. The rockets tell Israel the consequences of bombing Gaza. You must have also read that Israel was bombing Gaza left and right and killed 6 people. Don't be bias of that dude. They pitched off by invading Beit Hanoin( city in Gaza next to Israel border). And following that killed two militants. They started this. It doesn't matter how Hamas responds. They should always respond.

You bomb our cities we won't leave your cities not bombed. You damage our cities we will damage yours. That's how the militants see it. It's just.

The thing is if going to keep being a tit for tat thing this crisis will NEVER be solved.

The problem is nobody wants to give money to Gaza if its going to go towards Hamas weapons and missiles, I read somewhere that 79 missiles were fired into Israel this past weekend right? how come there is money for missiles but not enough for what the Palestinians really need?

You're confusing the two. Hamas has a political government, that money goes into social work, infrastructure. They are building many new things. But still as a government they need allies. And they need to be able to trade. The people are smart in Gaza. They just need the opportunity.

Now Izzedeen Qassam brigades are their military wing. It's completely separate. Those have hidden different leaders who gather money for weopons. And Gaza is in need of a little bit of weapons. They are still extremely weak. But they make it look easy with the rockets. The rockets tell Israel the consequences of bombing Gaza. You must have also read that Israel was bombing Gaza left and right and killed 6 people. Don't be bias of that dude. They pitched off by invading Beit Hanoin( city in Gaza next to Israel border). And following that killed two militants. They started this. It doesn't matter how Hamas responds. They should always respond.

You bomb our cities we won't leave your cities not bombed. You damage our cities we will damage yours. That's how the militants see it. It's just.

The thing is if going to keep being a tit for tat thing this crisis will NEVER be solved.

It's too late for anything to be solved. Sadly. It will remain like this. Something's are just that way.....

HG Gazans need some Aid to get their infrastructure going. It's unfair. They have been isolated for since 2006 for a while. They need to make real relations rather than rely on Iran. Who was the only country willing to help. Gazans don't have money to pay taxes. The government needs money to function.

Yes if half of those wanting to fight would farm and build, the ME would look totally different!

Yes if half of those wanting to fight would farm and build, the ME would look totally different!

Why should they "farm" and "build" if US, SA and Qatar pay good money for them to go from country to country and kill?

Smack that guy around. He's a pure Muslim hater. And he doesn't seem to know they farm the most and build the most. That idiot talks like he leads the world.

Are you stupid or what? There is farming and building in Gaza. That still means they need a little military build up. Their militant groups are small. You're basically saying you and your allies get to spend billions on weapons and training but they can't. Politics of course. Israel trains and gets new weapons everyday and they train to fight. The Palestinians aren't gonna sit around and watch Israel plan invasions. They are gonna prepare for any aggression.

and the beat goes on....no truce is in the offing it appears....

Car bomb explodes in residential district of Damascus

AMMAN, Oct 26 (Reuters) - A large car bomb exploded on Friday near a children's playground in southern Damascus and initial reports indicated a large number of casualties, opposition activists in the capital said.

The bomb went off in the southern Daf al-Shok area, a Sunni neighbourhood. Several buildings were damaged, they said.

Car bomb explodes in residential district of Damascus - AlertNet

there will be another in Lebanon, soon, this thing is on the edge of spinning the region....

I'm also glad someone is helpimg those hapless Gazans but they spent precious little time and expended even less energy "to get their infrastructure going" prior to 2006.
They were too busy building rockets.

I'm also glad someone is helpimg those hapless Gazans but they spent precious little time and expended even less energy "to get their infrastructure going" prior to 2006.

Those don't go together. They were building as they got the money. The rockets are separate and cheap to built. The rockets are also for defense reasons. There's nothing at all wrong with building rockets. Israel is piling missiles by the day.

Syria Ceasefire: Warplanes Bomb Rebel Stronghold In Damascus Suburb On Last Day Of Truce

AMMAN, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Syrian warplanes bombarded a rebel stronghold in a Damascus suburb on Monday, the final day of a truce broken by air attacks and fighting between the two sides across the country, opposition activists said.

Jets targeted Harat al-Shwam, a residential area a few kilometres east of the capital which President Bashar al-Assad's forces had tried to storm last week, activists said.

"Tanks are deployed around Harat al-Shwam but they haven't been able to go in. They tried a week ago and failed," said one activist who lives near the area and did not want to be named.

Sham News Network, an activist group, said jets also raided farmland adjacent to the northern Damascus neighbourhood of Barzeh and the city of Deir al-Zor in eastern Syria.

Syria Ceasefire: Warplanes Bomb Rebel Stronghold In Damascus Suburb On Last Day Of Truce

A hidden eye on the Syrian conflict

DAMASCUS, Syria — In retrospect, he realizes he shouldn't have gone back to the restaurant.

But Wael Salahudeen had spent more than a month secretly filming around the Syrian capital, and he wasn't willing to let some of that footage go.

He had just completed a particularly difficult shot of a several-story-tall poster of President Bashar Assad when he met a friend at the nearby restaurant. But when they left, he forgot the black bag he had altered with a hole through which he could inconspicuously film the streets of Damascus.

"Like a crazy person, I ran back to the restaurant," he said.

He asked one of the waiters behind the counter about the bag. The waiter gave Salahudeen an odd look, and he feared the man was one of the many government informants in the capital.

"I said, that's it, I'm done," he recalled.

The waiter continued staring at Salahudeen for what felt like several seconds before he reached down and handed over the bag.

"He said, 'Be careful,'" Salahudeen said. "And he lifted the bag and pointed to the hole and repeated, 'Be careful.'"

It was the closest call Salahudeen, 25, who uses a pseudonym for security reasons, encountered while filming his documentary, "Damascus on the Edge of Light." But the entire two months he filmed was fraught with danger, as he joined other artists living under the authoritarian regime who have turned their lenses on the revolution.

"The revolution as a whole opened the door in front of a generation of artists to show the reality," said Salahudeen, a graduate student who also works as a photographer. "We are asking, where were these people before? There were talents that were buried and unseen.

"And in the end this is one of the main goals of the revolution, freedom of expression," he said.

Other filmmakers have been caught in the cross-fire.

In September, Tamer Awam, a Syrian documentary filmmaker living in Germany, died of shrapnel wounds while filming in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Aleppo, in northern Syria. Awam had previously released a 24-minute work, "Memories at a Checkpoint," which showed life in Idlib province during the conflict.

In May, another documentarian, Bassel Shahade, was killed in Homs. He had been studying in the U.S. but interrupted his schooling to return to film the rebellion.

A well-known producer, Orwa Nairabiya, was arrested in August at the Damascus airport and spent 22 days in jail.

The capital remains under the control of the Assad government and is littered with checkpoints and government informants. Even filming with a camera phone can lead to arrest.

So Salahudeen fashioned a box to hold his rented Sony Handycam and cut a hole in the side of the bag, a type that might be used by a merchant to carry money.

A filmmaker's hidden eye on the Syrian conflict - latimes.com

Those don't go together. They were building as they got the money. The rockets are separate and cheap to built. The rockets are also for defense reasons. There's nothing at all wrong with building rockets. Israel is piling missiles by the day.

Guns or butter. It's an age old law of economics. You say it's been tough since 2006 but they weren't building infrastructure prior to 2006 either and while rockets are inexpensive, ther is nothing defensive about them. They stop no tanks and shoot down no attack aircraft. Besides, Iran is willing to foot the bill for all the weapons Hamas can smuggle into Gaza. Even in Iran it's guns or butter:
Iran orchestra finale rings of hard-line pressure - Yahoo! Music

Guns or butter. It's an age old law of economics. You say it's been tough since 2006 but they weren't building infrastructure prior to 2006 either and while rockets are inexpensive, ther is nothing defensive about them. They stop no tanks and shoot down no attack aircraft. Besides, Iran is willing to foot the bill for all the weapons Hamas can smuggle into Gaza. Even in Iran it's guns or butter:
Iran orchestra finale rings of hard-line pressure - Yahoo! Music

Hamas and Iran have bad relations now. The military leadership in Gaza was opposed to haniyeh going to Iran.

Before 2006 Israel was in control of the Gaza Strip. They decided what gets built and what doesn't get built.

AMMAN, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Syrian warplanes bombarded a rebel stronghold in a Damascus suburb on Monday, the final day of a truce broken by air attacks and fighting between the two sides across the country, opposition activists said.

Jets targeted Harat al-Shwam, a residential area a few kilometres east of the capital which President Bashar al-Assad's forces had tried to storm last week, activists said.

"Tanks are deployed around Harat al-Shwam but they haven't been able to go in. They tried a week ago and failed," said one activist who lives near the area and did not want to be named.

Sham News Network, an activist group, said jets also raided farmland adjacent to the northern Damascus neighbourhood of Barzeh and the city of Deir al-Zor in eastern Syria.

The word of a muslim cannot be relied upon. (it is impossible to tell which muslim will choose to be "honorable" and which will commit taqqira (sp)).

The word of a muslim cannot be relied upon. (it is impossible to tell which muslim will choose to be "honorable" and which will commit taqqira (sp)).

Fucking shutup you Nazi. You sound like a supremacist.

Are you stupid or what? There is farming and building in Gaza. That still means they need a little military build up. Their militant groups are small. You're basically saying you and your allies get to spend billions on weapons and training but they can't. Politics of course. Israel trains and gets new weapons everyday and they train to fight. The Palestinians aren't gonna sit around and watch Israel plan invasions. They are gonna prepare for any aggression.

Who is attacking them? Why do they need a military? Aren't the islamic countries surrounding them generous and supporting (cause it is such a great religion)? Israel won territories in a war that the ME countries ganged up on Israel and tried to destroy them. Israel has not invaded other countries to gain territory (only in self defense). The Palestinians do not need an army. They have the UN!!!! If they used their resources to farm and build, instead of hate and destroy, the ME would be totally different. Unfortunately, islam teaches envy, coveting, and murder. That is what is practiced, and why the ME is in a state of destruction.

Who is the one "commanding" (like they are a supremacist)? Who is the one speaking the truth?

Who is attacking them? Why do they need a military? Aren't the islamic countries surrounding them generous and supporting (cause it is such a great religion)? Israel won territories in a war that the ME countries ganged up on Israel and tried to destroy them. Israel has not invaded other countries to gain territory (only in self defense). The Palestinians do not need an army. They have the UN!!!! If they used their resources to farm and build, instead of hate and destroy, the ME would be totally different. Unfortunately, islam teaches envy, coveting, and murder. That is what is practiced, and why the ME is in a state of destruction.

No Jews invaded with the Zionist immigration project. And Israel attacks anyone around them, that's the truth. Your too oblivious to the world.

What, the UN?? Ha Ha Ha! Do you realize what you're saying?

Typical coward who blames Islam like the usual. Unfortunately you're a uneducated Christian. Keep this talk in your Muslim hating church coward.

Who is the one "commanding" (like they are a supremacist)? Who is the one speaking the truth?

You aren't speaking no truth wanna be Prophet. You're preaching like nazi. Phew!

Are you saying muslims do not practice "taqqiya"? Please tell us how to tell which muslims are honorable with their word, and which ones aren't. In this society, you can be punished by the law for breaking your "word"/contract.

Forum List

Back