Put Up, or Shut Up; What are Republicans offering the Middle class? Be Specific

GOP answer:

Why should be offer them anything or help them in any way? If we take care of corporations and the wealthy, everything else will fall into place.

Why WOULD the GOP offer assistance to legislation that's harmful to the country, Deanie? Why is it that you think the GOP should ignore the wishes of the people who elected them and sent them to Washington to stop Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi's agenda?

You see Republican opposition to Barry's agenda as a racist conspiracy. What it really is...is a different viewpoint. We don't believe that the same big government that can't save e-mails is going to be the answer to all of our problems...you obviously do. Which is why I find you to be naive bordering on delusional.

GOP answer:

Why should be offer them anything or help them in any way? If we take care of corporations and the wealthy, everything else will fall into place.

There is no more PERFECT example of the real differece between REpubs and you whiy ass Dems.

You people EXPECT shit from the Gov, we don't.

God you people are disgusting.

Why WOULD the GOP offer assistance to legislation that's harmful to the country, Deanie? Why is it that you think the GOP should ignore the wishes of the people who elected them and sent them to Washington to stop Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi's agenda?

You see Republican opposition to Barry's agenda as a racist conspiracy. What it really is...is a different viewpoint. We don't believe that the same big government that can't save e-mails is going to be the answer to all of our problems...you obviously do. Which is why I find you to be naive bordering on delusional.

What is their "agenda"? Make it something really weird and unbelievable. Those are my favorite right wingnut conspiracies.

GOP answer:

There is no more PERFECT example of the real differece between REpubs and you whiy ass Dems.

Now that is just fucking hilarious. That's why I started the following thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...more-dependent-on-the-federal-government.html

What is their "agenda"? Make it something really weird and unbelievable. Those are my favorite right wingnut conspiracies.

Before the 2010 mid term elections the Progressive agenda as outlined was health care "reform", then Cap & Trade, then Card Check. The latter two got put on hold because the American voters threw a wrench in Barry, Harry and Nancy's plans and the ACA had to be rushed through while they still had the votes.

Barry's still trying to back door Cap & Trade by giving the EPA the power to establish new standards for air quality.

GOP answer:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...more-dependent-on-the-federal-government.html

Poor deanie, all a real Conservative wants is for the Gov to stay the hell away from him.

Thats it.

GOP answer:

Hey stupid....did you ever to look at why ?

After you do, get back to us.

Hint: In the case of many "Red" states...they used to be "Blue" states and have a high number of blacks on welfare. Look around Wiener.

Hint: In the case of many "Red" states...they used to be "Blue" states and have a high number of blacks on welfare. Look around Wiener.

deanie never actually READS his sources ;)

Poor deanie, all a real Conservative wants is for the Gov to stay the hell away from him.

Thats it.

Except when they run it. Then they want into people's bedrooms, right? You know that right? Go ahead, admit it. I'll wait.

"Poor deanie, all a real Conservative wants is for the Gov to stay the hell away from him.

Thats it."

Makes sense. However, when it comes to issues like gay marriage and the legalization of pot, many conservatives want nothing more than to interfere. The GOP could win a lot of elections in the future simply by cutting ties with corporations and not pandering to the uber wealthy. Stick it to rm. Then more votes from the middle class start coming in.

Right out of the link I didn't read and State Demographics:

Arizona is 4% black.

South Dakota is 1% black.

West Virginia is 3% black.

Montana is 0.6% black.

Maine is 1% black.

New Mexico is 3% black.

There are others that are just outside the top ten:

Kentucky is 7% black.

Kansas is 6% black.

Idaho is 1% black.

See? I knew these ignorant white wingers would say something like that. They just can't stand that GOP policies are failures. It's always someone else's fault. The blacks. The Hispanics. The Democrats. The truth is, conservative policies are failures because they just are. "Reality" PROVES it beyond a doubt again and again and again and.............

If you had read the link I provided, you wouldn't be in the position where you need to make an apology. Only we both know you won't. It's not part of your character.

The powers that be closed my thread because I posted a question that was too hard to answer.

So here it is again;

What are Republicans offering the Middle class? Be Specific

Jobs. You offer them handouts.

Now what are Democrats offering the middle class? Be specific.

1) 2.5x more private jobs have been created in Obama's 5 years than all of Bush's 8. Thanks in part to the 2 million+ private jobs created directly from his stimulus package.

2) Obama is responsible for the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan.

3) Obama's push for a higher minimum wage would lift 16 million Americans out of poverty.

Jobs from the stimulus are gone, the money ran out and so did the work. So, we got temp jobs.

Obama is also responsible for increasing middle class insurance premiums.

Instead of raising minimum wage, lets close up corporate tax write offs and use EIC to give money to the poor working class, much more effective than a wage increase. They are hard working, they have kids and they get rewarded for it. it would cost little, it would benefit those who really need it.

No, he is responsible for a tax hike by letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire.

They expired for ONLY those making over 250 thousand/year. Considering the percentage of wealth has increased significantly over the last thirty years for the super rich, so much so that we are Banana Republic levels. It was a great victory by Obama and this country.

It was the culmination of a 12 month battle that the Republicans fought tooth and nail over to keep the tax rates for the super rich at historically low levels. The Republicans held the tax rates for the bottom 98% hostage for the super rich until finally out manuevered by Obama.

There is nothing more clear about how the Republicans really feel about the middle class than payroll taxes. Republicans were AGAINST the payroll tax cut. Why? Because, the payroll tax cut helps the middle class, but is barely felt by the super rich. Hence the Republicans didnt care about it, and made it something the Democrats had to make concessions for.

They expired for ONLY those making over 250 thousand/year. Considering the percentage of wealth has increased significantly over the last thirty years for the super rich, so much so that we are Banana Republic levels. It was a great victory by Obama and this country.

It was the culmination of a 12 month battle that the Republicans fought tooth and nail over to keep the tax rates for the super rich at historically low levels. The Republicans held the tax rates for the bottom 98% hostage for the super rich until finally out manuevered by Obama.

There is nothing more clear about how the Republicans really feel about the middle class than payroll taxes. Republicans were AGAINST the payroll tax cut. Why? Because, the payroll tax cut helps the middle class, but is barely felt by the super rich. Hence the Republicans didnt care about it, and made it something the Democrats had to make concessions for.

It was the culmination of a 12 month battle that the Republicans fought tooth and nail over to keep the tax rates for the super rich at historically low levels.

Historically low levels? That's hilarious!!!

In 1988, the top rate was 28%.
When Bush left office, the top rate was 35%.

It was the culmination of a 12 month battle that the Republicans fought tooth and nail over to keep the tax rates for the super rich at historically low levels.

But what was the effective (actual) rate? My tax rate is 38%, but I only paid 4%.

But what was the effective (actual) rate? My tax rate is 38%, but I only paid 4%.

So only 4% of the taxes was taken out of your check?

Year Super Rich Tax Rate
1917 67%
1925 25%
1932 63%
1936 79%
1941 81%
1942 88%
1944 94%
1946 91%
1964 77%
1965 70%
1981 70%
1982 50%
1987 38.50%
1988 28%
1991 31%
1993 39.60%
2003 35%
2011 35%
2013 39.60%

Based on your claim about WalMart's effective tax rate, it's more likely your rate was 40% than 4%.

Forum List

Back