Putin Takes Famous WNBA Player Hostage: Brittney Griner Arrested in MOSCOW

She didn’t hurt anyone besides herself. The hate for her on this board based on skin color is not shocking and continues to punctuate why the Republican Party is an unviable option.

How about violating International Drug Laws?

Once again, it does not matter what you think snowflake. She was in Russia with a controlled substance, that is her own stupidity.

And I could not care less if it was her, Paul McCartney, Dennis Rhodman, or Sean Hannity. Go overseas with drugs, and you are a freaking moon and get what you deserve.

She probably should have voted for and supported a US President who has the ability and desire to actually protect its citizens, then, huh? Elections have consequences.

No, because she is in another country. Go to another country and violate their laws, and there is damned near nothing that can be done for you.

An Australian man has been sentenced to death in China for drug smuggling, the Australian government has confirmed.

A Frenchman has been sentenced to death for drug trafficking in a shock verdict after prosecutors had asked for a 20-year prison term.
Félix Dorfin, 35, was convicted of trafficking about 3kg (6.6lb) of various drugs into the Indonesian holiday island of Lombok.

• April 28, 2015
JAKARTA, Indonesia — Defying international condemnation and rejecting 11th-hour pleas for clemency, the Indonesian government executed eight drug convicts after midnight on Wednesday, including seven foreigners.
But the execution of a ninth convict, scheduled to happen at the same time, was unexpectedly postponed at nearly the last minute, according to the Indonesian attorney general’s office.
The executed prisoners, from Australia, Brazil and Nigeria, along with one Indonesian, were shot by police firing squads about 12:25 a.m. local time at a site outside the gates of Pasir Putih prison on the island of Nusa Kambangan off the southern coast of Java, according to the attorney general’s office.

This has not a damned thing to do with the US, or any other country. You would think by now that people would think, and if they go overseas not take drugs with them. But there are still morons that do not realize that when you leave the country, your country can and will not protect you when you break the laws. You are on your own, and face the consequences on your own.

I just see it as Darwinism in action.

WNBA star Brittney Griner detained in Russia on drug charges

Many women's professional basketball players decide to play in Russia during the WNBA's offseason for a chance to compete and take advantage of the high salaries overseas teams offer. Griner has made as much as $1.5 million a year in Russia, while she had a base salary of $215,000 last season for the Mercury.

Putin is now using hostages against the U.S. They let other players leave, but she was arrested and is now a hostage in Russia. God dammit Putin you piece of shit.
Griner has a penis and FUCK BAYLOR

Not the sharpest tool in the shed. One would think with all her God given talents that she would have the common sense to match. Apparently not the case.

I have little sympathy here. I have travelled internationally and one thing you never do is bring drugs over the border. I am sure Ms. Griner is no novice to international travel. Drug laws, especially in countries like Russia, are harsh. Very harsh. She should have known better.
She probably thought her celebrity protected her.

*snore* Thanks for your permission for me to have my opinion. Next time, wait until someone needs or wants your approval.

Meanwhile, you're still a horrible racist, and no amount of deflection will change that. Evolve a little, Neanderthal.
Deflection? This is a shot thread celebrating someone’s misfortune of bad decisions buried in racist language. Go ahead and condemn the racist statements about her. You won’t because somehow treating people like humans freaks our insecure people.

She probably thought her celebrity protected her.

Kinda like Sir Paul. He has been arrested twice so far in foreign countries. And each time pretty much got away with it.

However, I still remember in 1980 when he spent 10 days in a Japanese jail before they decided to let him go. Mostly because he was Paul McCartney. He was actually facing up to eight years but they dropped the charges.

And this chick ain't no Paul McCartney.

Kinda like Sir Paul. He has been arrested twice so far in foreign countries. And each time pretty much got away with it.

However, I still remember in 1980 when he spent 10 days in a Japanese jail before they decided to let him go. Mostly because he was Paul McCartney. He was actually facing up to eight years but they dropped the charges.

And this chick ain't no Paul McCartney.
And wartime Russia ain't Japan.

All these con-servatives jumping on the Putin train.

Now we know how fragile their loyalty to America and their fellow Americans is.
Putin? What does he have to do with an idiot caught smuggling an illegal substance through a Russian airport? Desperate deflection attempt.

What idiot tries to get cannabis oil through a Russian airport? What a dummy.
Lots of people, every day. And almost all of them get away with it. Typically, airport security is not going to open your vape pen and test the oil for THC.

But that apparently was not the case, for her.

WNBA star Brittney Griner detained in Russia on drug charges

Many women's professional basketball players decide to play in Russia during the WNBA's offseason for a chance to compete and take advantage of the high salaries overseas teams offer. Griner has made as much as $1.5 million a year in Russia, while she had a base salary of $215,000 last season for the Mercury.

Putin is now using hostages against the U.S. They let other players leave, but she was arrested and is now a hostage in Russia. God dammit Putin you piece of shit.
Putin is anti trans. Very tough situation.

Forum List

Back