Question about Ted Cruz

The point is that Cruz's place of birth and the Constitutional questions are a freaking issue and his birth place is no freaking secret. Hooray for lefties for upholding Constitutional mandates in presidential elections but doesn't it seem that they are about seven years too late?

Link to "lefties" saying Cruz is not eligible to run.

You're confusing the fact that he's not qualified or capable.

Cruz is a fucking canadian who didn't denounce his canuck citizenship until last year. Why did he wait a lifetime? Cruz, a true Manchurian candidate.

Cruz the constitutional scholar doesn't know he's not eligible to run for president. It's amazing what these Libtards waste time and space with.

deltex1

Link to where a liberal said he's not eligible to run for prez.

Really, you RWNJs are confusing the fact that he's not qualified with whether he's eligible.

Last edited:
The Natural Born Citizen Clause.

Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, he's not a natural born United States citizen. His mother is American, his father a Cuban immigrant at the time of Ted's birth. This parentage doesn't matter, what matters is that Cruz was born outside of the United States and not on US soil or somewhere considered US soil, such an a military base etc.

Cruz only ceased to be a Canadian citizen on May 14th, 2014.

I know that Senators, Congresspeople and Governor's can be non-United States born. However for the office of President and Vice-President only United States born people are eligible.

So the question is, how is Cruz being allowed to run for President?

Yes, it's time for you Liberal uneducated and low information folks to begin your smear campaign against Ted now that he is leading in a couple of the polls. That is what you loons do, smear attack whoever in the opposition party is the current leader. You are so predictable and so damned pathetic.

Except I'm not a Liberal nor on the Left, I'm on the Right.

Uneducated? Yes that's why I've got a History and Politics degree from Balliol College, Oxford University and also did a year at Heidelberg University, Germany.

Gosh you're very hyper-sensitive aren't you? Are YOU actually Ted Cruz himself or a relative of his? You've taken a normal questions exceptionally personally.

And yet you are unable to do a simple search on the net? You need to get a refund on your education.

The U.S. Constitution provides as follows:

Article II Section 1 Clause 5:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Amendment XIV Section 1:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Ted Cruz became 100% naturalised in May 2014, last year and within MONTHS he was running for President. This is a man in his 40s, not a teenager....seems odd he didn't renounce his Canadian citizenship decades ago.

Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, he's not a natural born United States citizen. His mother is American, his father a Cuban immigrant at the time of Ted's birth. This parentage doesn't matter, what matters is that Cruz was born outside of the United States and not on US soil or somewhere considered US soil, such an a military base etc.

I know that Senators, Congresspeople and Governor's can be non-United States born. However for the office of President and Vice-President only United States born people are eligible.

Your basic premise is incorrect.

He could be born anywhere on the planet and still be a citizen.

But according to the US Constitution NOT be eligible to be President or Vice-President.

But according to the US Constitution NOT be eligible to be President or Vice-President.

Why do you think that?
The requirement is birth, not naturalized citizenship.

Harvard Law Review Forum
On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

[SNIP]There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone( Anyone remember that idiot Republican candidate Juan McLame?) — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.[/SNIP]

Argue AGAINST the Harvard Law Review... that bastion of LIBERAL thought process!

Yes, it's time for you Liberal uneducated and low information folks to begin your smear campaign against Ted now that he is leading in a couple of the polls. That is what you loons do, smear attack whoever in the opposition party is the current leader. You are so predictable and so damned pathetic.

Calm down, I think he's just poking a stick in the eye of hypocritical "birthers" who expended so much hot air claiming Obama was not eligible to be prez.

I find it amazing that a Cuban refugee creeps into the US from Canada with his son from a country which once attempted to aim nuclear weapons at the heart of our nation and took us to the brink of global annihilation, and now we are seriously thinking about giving that son our nuclear missile codes. Manchurian Candidate, anyone?

And yet this same son doesn't want to let any refugees into America.

He doesn't just deserve to be poked with a stick, he clearly already has one up his ass.

But you have no problem with Obama supporting ISIS and giving Iran the bomb. Understood.
Nope.

It amuses me your response is to invent a straw man fallacy about me wrapped in another straw man fallacy about Obama.

What a loser. :lol:

Uneducated? Yes that's why I've got a History and Politics degree from Balliol College, Oxford University and also did a year at Heidelberg University, Germany.

Gosh you're very hyper-sensitive aren't you? Are YOU actually Ted Cruz himself or a relative of his? You've taken a normal questions exceptionally personally.

And yet you are unable to do a simple search on the net? You need to get a refund on your education.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Amendment XIV Section 1:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Ted Cruz became 100% naturalised in May 2014, last year and within MONTHS he was running for President. This is a man in his 40s, not a teenager....seems odd he didn't renounce his Canadian citizenship decades ago.

Ted Cruz became 100% naturalized

Before then he was partially naturalized?

I don't give a shit if he is Constitutionally qualified or not. Ted Cruz is a fucking canadian. Why would anyone vote for a canuck that didn't even denounce his canadian membership until last year....right before he decided to run for President

Your basic premise is incorrect.

He could be born anywhere on the planet and still be a citizen.

Why do you think that?
The requirement is birth, not naturalized citizenship.

They added this:

Amendment XIV Section 1:

As I commented, Cruz didn't naturalise until May, 2014.

Harvard Law Review Forum

[SNIP]There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone( Anyone remember that idiot Republican candidate Juan McLame?) — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.[/SNIP]

Argue AGAINST the Harvard Law Review... that bastion of LIBERAL thought process!

too many words...can you just post a meme?

Harvard Law Review Forum

too many words...can you just post a meme?

I forget, Nutz is SLOW!

Amendment XIV Section 1:

Yes, it says he renounced his Canadian citizenship in May, 2014....I've lost the link now, I'll post it on.

Lucy, hon, the definition of "natural born citizen" is NOT "only people born on US-owned dirt". It is "person who is a citizen at birth". This classification includes the children of US citizens who are born in other countries, provided their parents meet certain resident requirements.

At no time in our nation's history have we EVER chosen to deny ourselves a claim on the children of our citizens, simply because their mothers happened to be elsewhere when they went into labor. Off the top of my head, I don't know any nation who does so.

I cannot imagine where you got the idea that "parentage doesn't matter", but citing the law exactly the opposite of the way it actually reads basically tells us that you've never read the law, and you're just making it up "the way you think it must be" as you go along, without really thinking it through. Seriously, follow your erroneous assertion to its logical conclusion, and you would have us sending our military servicemembers overseas, and then denying their children citizenship because they obeyed their orders. Really?

Cruz may or may not have given up his dual citizenship. This I can't tell you. But he has never been naturalized, because his mother conveyed US citizenship upon him at his birth. Hence, he is a natural-born citizen.

Amendment XIV Section 1:

Yes, it says he renounced his Canadian citizenship in May, 2014....I've lost the link now, I'll post it on.

And when was his naturalization ceremony?

Calm down, I think he's just poking a stick in the eye of hypocritical "birthers" who expended so much hot air claiming Obama was not eligible to be prez.

Except that Lucy Hamilton IS a hypocritical birther.

Forum List

Back