• A good faith giving of money back to God/His Church

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
If God wants the money.......He can take it
God loves a cheerful giver....
He wants us to give because we are happy to

God has my bank account number and password

If he needs the money he is cheerfully welcome to take it
Dangle outta your own mouth too...let us know when someone strips it and you have bowed down to praise Jehovah for letting you know his words given through the prophets were true.

God is all powerful

He is fully capable of making an electronic funds transfer
He generally does things by his spirit but he does give people over to their own devices so he may allow someone to accommodate you so'z you know....

If God wants the money.......He can take it

Dangle outta your own mouth too...let us know when someone strips it and you have bowed down to praise Jehovah for letting you know his words given through the prophets were true.

God is all powerful

He generally does things by his spirit but he does give people over to their own devices so he may allow someone to accommodate you so'z you know....

Are you saying God does not know how to use an ATM?

God is all powerful

He has hands/people do his work for him here for things like that. Have you read about the lying spirit in the Bible that raise's his hand and goes out to Ahab's prophets?

Angels can walk here too.

In the past 25 years extreme poverty in the world has fallen over 70%.

Not because of what governments have done, not by people buying someone a meal, not by people signing a petition or posting on USMB.

It has fallen because Christians have finally figured out the best help is to teach those in need how to become self productive. Educate them, teach them a trade, give them access to medical treatments we take for granted in the First World.

But it takes money to do it.

God is all powerful

He has hands/people do his work for him here for things like that. Have you read about the lying spirit in the Bible that raise's his hand and goes out to Ahab's prophets?

Angels do walk among us. Even have one on video.

Angels Walk Among Us

God is all powerful

Angels do walk among us. Even have one on video.

Angels Walk Among Us
I remember that and thanked you for it and again I thank you for the reminder. A man that looked like a bum to most walked in front of the building where the children I lived and in front of my place of work whenever I was there ten miles away. This went on for months. He was continuously in prayer. At the time I did not understand. He was an actual visible walking sojourner.and the children and I were living in very dangerous times at that point. After the New Year I did not see him anymore and I only spoke with him once and that was when he was invited to come in out of the cold and snow for Thanksgiving dinner by my boss. Only a few words were spoken between he and I as I served him.

Malachi 3:7-12
7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Luke 11:42
42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

In Malachi it is a proof text of God's existence. What is unsaid is that since the exile of Judea to Babylon there is no demonstrative proof of the existence of any of the trinity except for the tithe. For example Asimov, an atheist, in his commentary on the Bible mentioned Bethsaida's location could not be determined but did not mention that it was one of the cities cursed by Jesus. Then there is the matter that according to the parables of the sower and the tares that the majority of believers are not of Jesus' herd. And those non-members are often the most effective members of the congregation.

Malachi 3:7-12
7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Luke 11:42
42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Thank you that passage has been on my mind today. The Lord does not want anyone to suffer but he wants us to return to him and seek justice as a whole in this nation.

In Malachi it is a proof text of God's existence. What is unsaid is that since the exile of Judea to Babylon there is no demonstrative proof of the existence of any of the trinity except for the tithe. For example Asimov, an atheist, in his commentary on the Bible mentioned Bethsaida's location could not be determined but did not mention that it was one of the cities cursed by Jesus. Then there is the matter that according to the parables of the sower and the tares that the majority of believers are not of Jesus' herd. And those non-members are often the most effective members of the congregation.
"Bethsaida" a house of prosperity with an importation of hunters as in hunting for victuals, taking prey and the idea being prosperity that which is produced through hunting. It is a place in the spirit that could be any 'house' a collective body gathering place. When considering 'house' generally a place worship, a city or a group or just speaking in the spirit of each individual these spiritual groupings in our minds. Jesus Christ 'Jehovah's salvation with us' is a spirit of prophecy too.

edit: here is the documented physical location @BLB fish is the poetic form for prosperity and if one went deeper into that research one would find dagon [sic] was considered a god of prosperity agriculture, etc. for some Babylonians, Phoenicia and into ancient Grecian cultures...

1. Bethsaida = "house of fish"
    1. a small fishing village on the west shore of Lake Gennesaret, home of Andrew, Peter, Philip and John

2. a village in lower Gaulanitis on the eastern shore of Lake Gennesaret, not far from where the Jordan empties into it

Last edited:
You're right, He doesn't, but we do....of our own making.....

I agree, most of the problem are of our own making, but I'm talking to the religionists who really think there's an invisible sky pixie sitting on a cloud changing the outcomes of football games while letting poor kids starve.

You must have confused my post with someone else's. I wrote, "Charity like forgiving others benefits the one doing the giving as much or maybe even more than it does the one who receives it."

Can you explain how you got from that to what you wrote?

Giving is a benefit.

But they wouldn't need to "give" if God didn't allow poverty, hurricanes, plagues, and so on to exist to start with.

So for rich people to get the holy benefit of getting a tax deduction for charity wouldn't be needed if there weren't truly horrible conditions that God allowed to happen to start with!

Again... he's like the Freakin' Joker!!!

You're right, He doesn't, but we do....of our own making.....

I agree, most of the problem are of our own making, but I'm talking to the religionists who really think there's an invisible sky pixie sitting on a cloud changing the outcomes of football games while letting poor kids starve.

You must have confused my post with someone else's. I wrote, "Charity like forgiving others benefits the one doing the giving as much or maybe even more than it does the one who receives it."

Can you explain how you got from that to what you wrote?

Giving is a benefit.

But they wouldn't need to "give" if God didn't allow poverty, hurricanes, plagues, and so on to exist to start with.

So for rich people to get the holy benefit of getting a tax deduction for charity wouldn't be needed if there weren't truly horrible conditions that God allowed to happen to start with!

Again... he's like the Freakin' Joker!!!

Since you don't believe God exists, you don't believe your own argument, Joe.

Apparently Joe believes that there can only be a God if everything is perfect. According to Joe, it was too cold today so there's no God. That is some impressive logic, Joe.

I seem to recall something in the Bible about it.

The goods donated from the other Israeli tribes were their source of sustenance. They received from "all Israel" a tithe of food or livestock for support, and in turn would set aside a tenth portion of that tithe (known as the Terumat hamaaser) for the Aaronic priests.

Tithe - Wikipedia
And the principle of subsidiarity started with Mosses.

Bethsaida is where a blind man was healed, the home of several Apostles, and where the '5,000' were fed, and is strongly linked to the fish symbol used by early Christians;some archeologists think they've found the village itself. Re the use of the fish symbol by early Christians, here is one take on that:

What is the origin of the Christian fish symbol?

Greeks, Romans, and many other pagans used the fish symbol before Christians. Hence the fish, unlike, say, the cross, attracted little suspicion, making it a perfect secret symbol for persecuted believers. When threatened by Romans in the first centuries after Christ, Christians used the fish mark meeting places and tombs, or to distinguish friends from foes. According to one ancient story, when a Christian met a stranger in the road, the Christian sometimes drew one arc of the simple fish outline in the dirt. If the stranger drew the other arc, both believers knew they were in good company. Current bumper-sticker and business-card uses of the fish hearken back to this practice.

Critics of the fish symbol either decry it as tacky tokenism or point out that the fish still carries baggage from the days when pagans used it to represent fertility or, more specifically, the female reproductive organs. Though I agree that ichthys symbols in phone-book ads seem to commercialize faith, I don't find the pagan argument compelling. No symbol means the same thing to all people at all times. That early Christians succeeded in transforming an already powerful symbol proves their interpretive creativity, not their ignorance or a tendency to syncretism.

68422.jpg

Image: Freedom Studio/Shutterstock

People like to forget Christians were massacred, hunted, and persecuted for hundred of years, by nearly everybody around them, from Rome to Persia, and had little or no political power.

Is it commanded by God, or is it optional?

If optional, what makes a tithe different from an offering?
Definitely a rip off. No question.

And gullible church mice pay it.

Well, the thing is, if God loves a willing, cheerful giver, why do Church Leaders have to ask for money? At that point, you're being bullied or guilted into it. No?

Welll..... Christians believe that God can provide even trivial things, if it's for his Glory. This is why people like yourself don't like God because, in the human logical mind, he's self centered because he commands obedience and worship.

As long as we're thinking like humans, it will never make sense. Even church leaders and evangelists have gotten to the point on some issues where they admit they don't know.

Forum List

Back