Question for gay marriage opponents

Right, I want government to have churches like civilized human beings and not like human-rights-violating bigots that they are today. Correct.

So then, why did you deny that you wanted the government to force churches not to discriminate?

You're just stupid and can't carry on a conversation , is that it?

No I think you have a comprehension problem. SCOTUS BUTTHURTIS?

I said this (pay attention now).

1. I corrected myself about the exemptions churches get when it comes to hiring gays.
2. I said churches do not have to hire gays after I looked up the ENDA exemptions for religious institutions.
3. As a result of 1 and 2, I made a comment that it's time for the government to abolish the exmption from churches about their hiring practices. Churches MUST be forced to behave like civilized human beings, not like the bigots that they are when they discriminate against gays today.

I am looking for a change in church's discriminatory policies against gays and lesbians. There, did you get that now?
What in the fuck are you even talking about?

That's exactly what I fucking said. You favor the government forcing churches to not discriminate, and you said "no that isn't what I said" and now you're admitting it is what you said.

You're fucking retarded son.

I've said what I've said. I said "Currently government allows churches to discriminate and I want the government to hold churches accountable in the future by preventing this kind of discrimination by passing legislation to prevent it".

Yes, I would like for the government to change this policy of allowing discrimination by the religious bigots. If this is what you said and I said, then halleleujah, we all agree.

Waiting for your next F word loaded post to laugh at.

Holy bejeezus, you are illiterate.

Not really, I think you should worry more about the churches being bigots, not me being illiterate. Thank you for your support for bigotry at the religious institutions.

So did it hurt when Kennedy announced his majority opinion about legalizing gay marriage in all 50 dtates? How bad? LOL.

I just do not understand why do you provoke church going people? That's what's wrong with militant fags, they are the ones who do not want to coexist peacefully. There are fucking government run preschool places we pay for with tax money if you need daycare.

I just do not understand why do you provoke church going people? That's what's wrong with militant fags, they are the ones who do not want to coexist peacefully. There are fucking government run preschool places we pay for with tax money if you need daycare.

I dont understand who you calling a militant fag? I am not gay by the way.

If you think demanding equal rights is "militancy" then the problem is with you, not with gays.

Again, I am a 100% heterosexual person.

Waiting for your F-word loaded reply again. LOL.

If you think demanding equal rights is "militancy" then the problem is with you, not with gays.

What equal rights. NO ONE has a right to work at a church. Do you get that?

So you guys never answered my Q. Why would you not LEGISLATIVELY oppose single parent households from having children if you think every kid needs a mom and a dad? You did oppose gay marriage on those grounds, at lease Tony Perkins, the bigot from FRC did. Why these double standards?

Everyone has the equal rights to be considered for employment in public institutions. Even in private settings landlords are required to follow equal housing laws which means you can't deny gays housing according to Equal housing laws on the books. You are not supposed to any ways.

Everyone has the equal rights to be considered for employment in public institutions. Even in private settings landlords are required to follow equal housing laws which means you can't deny gays housing according to Equal housing laws on the books. You are not supposed to any ways.

What does that have to do with churches? I mean I disagree with you there to, but for now we are talking about churches having the right to discriminate when hiring.

What does that have to do with churches? I mean I disagree with you there to, but for now we are talking about churches having the right to discriminate when hiring.

Same thing. Churches should be prohibited from discriminating against gays. I know they have the exemption currently but sooner or later they are going to lose this exemption. I don't know why you would defend this kind of bigotry at the religious institutions. Do you feel like a hero when you defend bigots and racists? Are those the values you subscribe to? Churches engage in bigotry. What good reason do you have to defend bigots who benefit from your tax dollars?

Waiting for your F-word loaded reply.

Hm...

Does it really important for gays to have a marriage in church? What about privacy of life? What about "love"?

Same thing. Churches should be prohibited from discriminating against gays. I know they have the exemption currently but sooner or later they are going to lose this exemption. I don't know why you would defend this kind of bigotry at the religious institutions. Do you feel like a hero when you defend bigots and racists? Are those the values you subscribe to? Churches engage in bigotry. What good reason do you have to defend bigots who benefit from your tax dollars?

Waiting for your F-word loaded reply.
Churches aren't being bigoted. Churches follow a higher authority than a gaggle of SCROTUS judges.

Why you consider church as public organization? It has an owner - a God!!!

Church is a public organization just as I, an individual, am a public organization.

I understand that you consider the church to be owned by God. I respect your beliefs. But in the real world, church is an organization made up of people as is a corporation or a non profit. So it has to abide by the same rules as other organizations do.

Granted churches are not corporation and profits are not the motive when operating the churches. I am willing to grant some concessions to churches because they also do community services.

But make no mistake: Churches are engaged in proselytization and religious conversions. Churches also adhere to different moral codes and are exempt from criticisms of such moral codes at the government level because they enjoy a special status.

I personally would not join a church nor work for it. I respect their religious freedom to study bible and believe in God. However, I think it's time to hold churches to higher standards of conduct.

So to answer your questions: Everyone is governed by human laws, just as any one person business is held to same standards as are most all other organizations, save some non profits.

Church is a public organization just as I, an individual, am a public organization.

I understand that you consider the church to be owned by God. I respect your beliefs. But in the real world, church is an organization made up of people as is a corporation or a non profit. So it has to abide by the same rules as other organizations do.

Granted churches are not corporation and profits are not the motive when operating the churches. I am willing to grant some concessions to churches because they also do community services.

But make no mistake: Churches are engaged in proselytization and religious conversions. Churches also adhere to different moral codes and are exempt from criticisms of such moral codes at the government level because they enjoy a special status.

I personally would not join a church nor work for it. I respect their religious freedom to study bible and believe in God. However, I think it's time to hold churches to higher standards of conduct.

So to answer your questions: Everyone is governed by human laws, just as any one person business is held to same standards as are most all other organizations, save some non profits.
Rotsa ruck!

Ok, but how it related to gay priests?
At first, Church is employeer, so priests are employee, and like other employees must satisfy employee requirements. If I hadn't driver license, I can't be a truck driver, instead of colour of my skin - where's discrimination? What's says bible: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.". How anyone can be priests (a spiritual authority and Church's laws interpreter), if he violates one of church' laws by his existance? Who violates law, cannot be the interpreter of it!

And about gay marriage... If you want to have a homosexual contact - it's your right as human, to make behind the locked doors all you want, it's your privacy. If you are consider marriage as social act - let the society to decide this problem. If you want marriage as Church act - it's a prerogative of Church to decide, who can be in marriage by Church law!

I ran out of F-words at the moment but I got for you this instead :suck:

But in the real world, church is an organization made up of people as is a corporation or a non profit. So it has to abide by the same rules as other organizations do.

Everyone is governed by human laws, just as any one person business is held to same standards as are most all other organizations, save some non profits.
I like this guy! Now I can go to any private golf club, yacht club or any exclusive club because according to this guy's reasoning/principle everybody comes at goes as they wish. They cannot keep me out…or can they? ;)

But in the real world, church is an organization made up of people as is a corporation or a non profit. So it has to abide by the same rules as other organizations do.

Everyone is governed by human laws, just as any one person business is held to same standards as are most all other organizations, save some non profits.
I like this guy! Now I can go to any private golf club, yacht club or any exclusive club because according to this guy's reasoning/principle everybody comes at goes as they wish. They cannot keep me out…or can they? ;)

Yes, as long as they don't get tax breaks. Employment laws and religious ceremonies are two different things, you probably never learned about. I am saying it's time to take away religious organizations' exemption and stop the homophobic christians from imposing their own outdated moral code on their employees if they are going to be a public organization that receives tax breaks. Their privacy extends to their religious beliefs and practices, not to employee hiring practices. They still have to provide safe, no discriminatory work place.

I ran out of F-words at the moment but I got for you this instead :suck:

No no, you can go to your church if you belong to one, and borrow a few from them. There's plenty of hate being spewed at the church. Please, I will wait until you get more such words.

Ok, but how it related to gay priests?
At first, Church is employeer, so priests are employee, and like other employees must satisfy employee requirements. If I hadn't driver license, I can't be a truck driver, instead of colour of my skin - where's discrimination? What's says bible: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.". How anyone can be priests (a spiritual authority and Church's laws interpreter), if he violates one of church' laws by his existance? Who violates law, cannot be the interpreter of it!

And about gay marriage... If you want to have a homosexual contact - it's your right as human, to make behind the locked doors all you want, it's your privacy. If you are consider marriage as social act - let the society to decide this problem. If you want marriage as Church act - it's a prerogative of Church to decide, who can be in marriage by Church law!

Church is not obligated to hire gays (currently) and does not perform marriages. I respect their right not to perform gay marriages. Marriages by the church is not a fundamental right.

Employment rights are "universal" in the sense no employer is supposed to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation of any person. Somehow the churches think they are above this requirement because of their religious status. This needs to change.

Of course, I fully expect the Christian bigots to oppose hiring of gays in their churches. The churches think that being bigots is some kind of a "God given" privilege they are entitled to exercise.

I can understand if churches are opposed to abortion. I do not understand the idea of being homophbes, but hey, I don't understand why ISIS beheads other people either. Each organization has its own way of engaging in bigotry and violence.

Forum List

Back