Question for those pushing a "living wage"

They shouldn't EXPECT IT...but then WHY did they take the JOB? They ENTERED into a Contract...LEGAL. They HAVE the option to QUIT for something BETTER, now don't they?

Except there is not enough full time, decent paying jobs to go around, is there?

Then work several part time jobs

That is a great way to make a living.

And I don't think people should just be grabbing any old job either. If you take a job you should hold it for at least a year to be fair to your employer. You don't get a job for a few weeks just till you find one you can better survive on. And if you do that it makes it a whole lot harder to interview for the better jobs.

They shouldn't EXPECT IT...but then WHY did they take the JOB? They ENTERED into a Contract...LEGAL. They HAVE the option to QUIT for something BETTER, now don't they?

Except there is not enough full time, decent paying jobs to go around, is there?

AND...Ding...DING...why is that? Could it BE POLICY from this administration that IS destroying the Private sector on purpose? The BIG BOOT of Government Regulation/TAXATION that is causing it?

*NAH*...couldn't be...:eusa_whistle:

Probably greedy ceo's sending jobs overseas and making huge profits off corporate welfare.

Can YOU say OBAMACARE? Uncertainty in the private sector? People aren't hiring/expanding because the Democrats/Obama WANT people feeding off the TAXPAYERS? SOMETIME if this keeps up there won't be any taxpayers left. THIS is NOT sustainable, and flies in the face of Liberty.

The so-called CHERISHED "Middle Class" are being destroyed by the very same that CLAIM to care about it.

But please? Plod on shall you?

Is it Obama or the rich that want people feeding off the taxpayers? The Waltons sure are getting rich paying nothing while the government takes care of their workers.

It is if it's the only way you have.

And I don't think people should just be grabbing any old job either. If you take a job you should hold it for at least a year to be fair to your employer. You don't get a job for a few weeks just till you find one you can better survive on. And if you do that it makes it a whole lot harder to interview for the better jobs.

No employee has an obligation to stay at a job for a any amount of time.

Unless he signs a contract that is.

Can YOU say OBAMACARE? Uncertainty in the private sector? People aren't hiring/expanding because the Democrats/Obama WANT people feeding off the TAXPAYERS? SOMETIME if this keeps up there won't be any taxpayers left. THIS is NOT sustainable, and flies in the face of Liberty.

The so-called CHERISHED "Middle Class" are being destroyed by the very same that CLAIM to care about it.

Is it Obama or the rich that want people feeding off the taxpayers? The Waltons sure are getting rich paying nothing while the government takes care of their workers.

Funny how before Obama was president there weren't as many people welfare but since the current administration has made it easier and easier to get public assistance it is somehow the employer's fault and not the fault of the politicians who have changed the rules thereby making people to get on the dole who never would have been eligible in the past

No legal obligation. But if you're a decent person you don't take a job long enough to be trained and then jump to the next one. And like I said having a job like that makes it much more difficult to find the good one.

No legal obligation. But if you're a decent person you don't take a job long enough to be trained and then jump to the next one. And like I said having a job like that makes it much more difficult to find the good one.

You have the obligation to be constantly looking for better opportunities. No decent person would ever begrudge you that.

We are talking 30 million poor people not one poor person

There are not 30 million part time jobs out there

Funny how before Obama was president there weren't as many people welfare but since the current administration has made it easier and easier to get public assistance it is somehow the employer's fault and not the fault of the politicians who have changed the rules thereby making people to get on the dole who never would have been eligible in the past

The employer created the need for it. I've looked at the numbers, you still have to be very poor to collect. The Waltons are making billions, the execs are making millions, and the workers are making so little they collect welfare. Sorry but there is something wrong with that.

You have the obligation to be constantly looking for better opportunities. No decent person would ever begrudge you that.

Nobody hires you expecting you to leave right away. They invest the training in you expecting you to stay long enough to get a return on that investment.

They really don't suffer at all.

Don't ya just hate it?

They are poor for a reason. If they don't suffer, everyone will want to be poor

You and I have different definitions of suffering.

Conservative ideal for poor Americans

478450a-i1.0.jpg

The employer created the need for it. I've looked at the numbers, you still have to be very poor to collect. The Waltons are making billions, the execs are making millions, and the workers are making so little they collect welfare. Sorry but there is something wrong with that.

there IS something wrong with that; it's called your petty jealousy.
people are supposed to not want to stay at those jobs; they are supposed to want to get educated and get better jobs; there will always be people richer than others

No. Minimum wage was the same and the same amount of the work force was making minimum wage.

When the government makes it easier to get free shit more people take it. Now the government can say that there are more people on welfare and blame it on the private sector even though it was the government that actually caused the increase by changing the rules.

there IS something wrong with that; it's called your petty jealousy.
people are supposed to not want to stay at those jobs; they are supposed to want to get educated and get better jobs; there will always be people richer than others

So you're ok with the Waltons getting rich off corporate welfare? And I suppose you call yourself a conservative?

I love how conservatives are no longer for small government. Now they are for making the rich richer and the poor poorer. Corporate welfare and military spending good. Any spending that helps poor people bad. And the government grows.

Last edited:

Nobody hires you expecting you to leave right away. They invest the training in you expecting you to stay long enough to get a return on that investment.

Also I hope you guys realize it is not always easy for somebody completely overqualified to get these poor paying jobs. If you apply for a job making drastically less than you used to they assume you'll be looking for a higher paying job and not hire you. They don't want to invest in training just to have you leave right away.

Forum List

Back