Question for those pushing a "living wage"

You have the obligation to be constantly looking for better opportunities. No decent person would ever begrudge you that.

Nobody hires you expecting you to leave right away. They invest the training in you expecting you to stay long enough to get a return on that investment.

Also I hope you guys realize it is not always easy for somebody completely overqualified to get these poor paying jobs. If you apply for a job making drastically less than you used to they assume you'll be looking for a higher paying job and not hire you. They don't want to invest in training just to have you leave right away.

Not skullpilot, He has many many employees and he don't mind hiring a few part timers that he enjoys training so they can leave and he can start over trying to find another low wage employee working two or three low wage jobs.

Right skull? No waste in hiring a part timer just to see them leave in a couple months. I am surprised that every employer doesn't require their part time people to have more than one part time job.

Nobody hires you expecting you to leave right away. They invest the training in you expecting you to stay long enough to get a return on that investment.

Also I hope you guys realize it is not always easy for somebody completely overqualified to get these poor paying jobs. If you apply for a job making drastically less than you used to they assume you'll be looking for a higher paying job and not hire you. They don't want to invest in training just to have you leave right away.

Not skullpilot, He has many many employees and he don't mind hiring a few part timers that he enjoys training so they can leave and he can start over trying to find another low wage employee working two or three low wage jobs.

Right skull? No waste in hiring a part timer just to see them leave in a couple months. I am surprised that every employer doesn't require their part time people to have more than one part time job.

Very true

Employers are so supportive of their employees who have jobs elsewhere and are unable to support them when they demand employees work late or on weekends on moments notice

Oh...you have another job? Too bad for me

Conservative ideal for poor Americans

478450a-i1.0.jpg

Yeah when was that picture taken?

Does it matter?

It represents the lifestyle that Conservatives desire for our poor. Of course everyone knows that unless the poor suffer, they will not want to get jobs

No it doesn't obviously because "poor" people in this country do not suffer.

You're even more of an idiot than I thought.

Of course I've hired people who have left after a short time. It's called life.

Did it piss me off? Sure a little but in the long run it's really not that big of a deal.

Very true

Employers are so supportive of their employees who have jobs elsewhere and are unable to support them when they demand employees work late or on weekends on moments notice

Oh...you have another job? Too bad for me

Spoken as only one who has never run a business can.

I have part time people with absolutely no flexibility but they always show up when scheduled.

Again it's called life.

You idiots just sound stupider by the minute.

You make an interesting point

But as a follow up. If your employee doesn't earn enough to support himself, should the taxpayer make up the difference?

Should an employer have the taxpayers support his employees just so that he can profit off of substandard wages?

If you're working you should not get taxpayer subsidies.

I agree......you should make enough to support yourself

first you should pay attention in school so you have the skills to earn enough to support yourself

Yeah when was that picture taken?

Does it matter?

It represents the lifestyle that Conservatives desire for our poor. Of course everyone knows that unless the poor suffer, they will not want to get jobs

Nice looking family. Why do you assume they are poor? Cause they look healthy?

I've seen celebs on Lifestyles of the rich and famous using a stick as a roof support before. He could be on to something

In another thread someone claimed that people have a right to be paid enough to support a family. I'd like to hear input from others on this.

Does a person with a paper route have the right to be paid enough to support a family?

Should a grocery bagger get paid enough to support a family?

What is the lowest level of job where you think the employers should be required to pay their employees enough to support a family? And how large of a family should this job be able to support?

If my brother quit his computer job and went to work as a Wal-Mart stocker, should he be able to expect Wal-Mart to pay him enough to support his six children?
In the 50's a person working at a bagel shop made enough to purchase a home, 2 cars and put 2 children through college on that income.

Something has changed folks and it's not work ethic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeahhhh.......I'm going to call bullshit on that and ask you to prove your claim. A bagel shop OWNER probably could have, but the folks working for him not so much.

Does it matter?

Yeah, it looks like they're on a nice family camping trip.

Doesn't mom look thrilled?

Can't tell anything from that photo other than they look pretty healthy.

Like this one of Obama's brother next to his shack:
obama-brother.jpg

The big difference is the photo of the lady with her kids is very old and irrelevant, but a much better photo taken by a much better photographer.

Last edited:
Does it matter?

Yeah, it looks like they're on a nice family camping trip.

Doesn't mom look thrilled?

I don't know but you should see some of the faces my mother made on the one family camping trip she went on with us. She made the woman in these pictures look like the definition of happy

Forum List

Back