🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question from a non-American. Do you guys really hate each other?

So Abraham Lincoln was a leftist?

In the United States, the first progressive income tax was established by the Revenue Act of 1862. The act was signed into law by President Abraham Lincoln, and replaced the Revenue Act of 1861, which had imposed a flat income tax of 3% on incomes above $800.

A progressive tax is a tax that imposes a lower tax rate on low-income earners compared to those with a higher income, making it based on the taxpayer's ability to pay. That means it takes a larger percentage from high-income earners than it does from low-income individuals.
but the lower incomers pay nothing while the higher pay all of it,,,

not very fair or equal if you ask me

and when did I call lincoln a leftist??? what was the money for???
You said a leftist thinks he can take your money and give it to someone else. I'm assuming you were talking about our progressive tax system? Yea, Lincoln started that. So you must think he's a leftist.

Isn't it weird when your talking points get blown up?

The fact is the people who ran the country back then aren't nearly as greedy as Republicans are today. Today Lincoln would be a liberal/progressive/leftist or rino.
what did lincoln spend the money on???
I don't know you tell me.
you brought it up,,,I was specific in my claim so the least you could do is put up or shut up
He spent it on the war duh... LOL

My smartphone has lost it. later...
In a nation like the US, there are trends.
The two parties used to be quite similar.
But in recent years, the GOP has grown apart from US values.
It's a party that has a base that claims to be religious, is mostly white, with a leadership that cares more about corporations than people. Even many Republicans now claim that corporations are people and must be protected over "real" people. The GOP leadership lives to loot the country.
The GOP has grown into a nearly all white party home to remnants of the KKK, the American Nazi Party, the Alt White, white supremacists and the Aryan Nation. Occasionally, some deny it, but most are on board. And the one thing, education, that could get the GOP out of their tragic slump, they believe is bad for America. It's like a sick person believing medicine that could cure their illness is actually poison. Sadly, that's the actual case for many Republicans.
Many Republicans say the immigrants are carriers of disease. But since Republicans feel vaccines cause autism, when they don't even know what autism is, because their children are unvaccinated, it's the children of immigrants who need to worry about catching something from Republicans.
It won't last forever.
In the 30's, when there was the great dust bowl, conservatives destroyed the land. When government scientists came in and showed them how to reclaim abused land, at first, they fought it, but after a while, when farmers could see those methods worked, they were adopted. And ones that didn't were forced into it by their neighbors. And today, those methods are used without question all over the midwest.
It will be painful, but it will happen to right wingers once again. They will be tired of having nothing, of being uneducated, of being looked down on. They will eventually seek education and become competitive. They just haven't figured that out yet.

sorry but both partys have gotten away from human values

and to say the democrats ever had them is just a lie,,,they are after all the party of slavery,KKK and jim crow
Okay you are full of s***. Democrats are no longer the party of those racist groups. Since Nixon's southern strategy oh, they've all gone over to the GOP d u h. Up until the Civil Rights act that was pushed by democrats, Democrats own the southern conservatives who hated the Republican party because of Abraham Lincoln.

yes they are,,,just that blacks are now slaves to the democrat plantation in the way they vote,,,and their dependency on welfare
For a progressive you sure do believe pile of GOP propaganda. LOL. The GOP has been cutting taxes on the rich and opportunity for the rest for 35 years, and you blame the victims. Brainwashed and stupid.
when did I blame victims???

and I hunt progressives,,,

and they cut taxs on everyone not just the rich, which is always a good thing for the people to keep what they earned ,,,the problem is they never cut spending

Apparently, he believes the democrats have been slowly rotating on their thumbs the last several decades.

but the lower incomers pay nothing while the higher pay all of it,,,

not very fair or equal if you ask me

and when did I call lincoln a leftist??? what was the money for???
You said a leftist thinks he can take your money and give it to someone else. I'm assuming you were talking about our progressive tax system? Yea, Lincoln started that. So you must think he's a leftist.

The fact is the people who ran the country back then aren't nearly as greedy as Republicans are today. Today Lincoln would be a liberal/progressive/leftist or rino.
you brought it up,,,I was specific in my claim so the least you could do is put up or shut up
just wanted him to prove it,,,incoherent rants need to be called out

as per my claim, he didnt give it to single mothers of bastard children,,,

White people didn't have a problem with single moms on welfare until the Supreme court ruled it was unconstitutional to deny black women but give it to white women. Suddenly the numbers of people who qualified for welfare doubled. But just remember you white honkeys didn't seem to mind one bit when it was just white women getting it.

White people didn't have a problem with single moms on welfare until the Supreme court ruled it was unconstitutional to deny black women but give it to white women. Suddenly the numbers of people who qualified for welfare doubled. But just remember you white honkeys didn't seem to mind one bit when it was just white women getting it.
I wasnt alive then so how could I have had an opinion on it???

but back to your flub about lincoln,,,try harder next time so you dont look like a raving lunatic

and why are you making it about race???

I said nothing about it

are you a racist???

What did you want me to prove? What the money was spent on wasn't the point. The point was that Lincoln's started the progressive tax. So he must be a leftist. Isn't the progressive tax the basis behind your claim that leftists want to give your money to someone else? If not what other ways do we want to take your money and give it to someone else?

I find it interesting that you mind the rich paying a progressive tax to help poor people out. But I don't completely disagree with you either. I think the poor are abusing welfare and food stamps and I don't think it's helping people get out of poverty. I think it's subsodizing poor people who don't plan on ever getting out of poverty. And it's also making it not that big of a deal for a poor woman on welfare to have another mistake or two. Same with Obamacare. We should be discouraging poor people from having more kids not helping them do it.

I wasnt alive then so how could I have had an opinion on it???

but back to your flub about lincoln,,,try harder next time so you dont look like a raving lunatic

and why are you making it about race???

I said nothing about it

are you a racist???
Everything I've said, every point, went right over your head. Thanks for trying though. You aren't all wrong. Just mostly.

What did you want me to prove? What the money was spent on wasn't the point. The point was that Lincoln's started the progressive tax. So he must be a leftist. Isn't the progressive tax the basis behind your claim that leftists want to give your money to someone else? If not what other ways do we want to take your money and give it to someone else?

I find it interesting that you mind the rich paying a progressive tax to help poor people out. But I don't completely disagree with you either. I think the poor are abusing welfare and food stamps and I don't think it's helping people get out of poverty. I think it's subsodizing poor people who don't plan on ever getting out of poverty. And it's also making it not that big of a deal for a poor woman on welfare to have another mistake or two. Same with Obamacare. We should be discouraging poor people from having more kids not helping them do it.
it was my point,,,,

the fed gov doesnt have authority to steal from the majority and giving it to the minority as per the 5th amendment,,,the states might but thats another discussion since we are talking about the feds

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?

most of the hate is just from the radical ends of spectrums. The problem is Politicians catch wind of these sentiments and try to exploit it. The News medias that support government positions also try to exploit these sentiments because it makes great news. Small events can be made to apear much larger.. the hate much greater.
When you see this day in and day out it begins to affect the psyche. I think most Americans are just tired of it.
I dont hate anybody but i can only speak for myself.
The radical right is who got Trump elected. Neither Hillary or Obama are radical left although Republicans will tell you they are. Then in the next breath tell you they are no different than Republicans. The party for the rich. Corporate Democrats. Well which is it?

While Obama or Hillary themselves may not be the most radical they have more radical elements in their party that do support them. Just like one can say the KKK and white Supremists support Trump. You sure aren't going to find open communists voting for Trump or people who think ICE should be eliminated to vote for Trump. People shouting to Fry the PIGS arn't going to vote for Trump either but its also not fair to say Hillary or Obama supports that position, just as its not fair to say Trump supports the positions of the KKK

Buffett said he pays about 16 percent in income taxes, while any employee making between $100,000 and $200,000 typically pays about 20 percent in taxes. We rate this claim True. Says Warren Buffett has publicly said his secretary "should not be paying a higher tax rate" than him.

I doubt Buffet even knows his actual EFFECTIVE TAX RATE. He is mixing corporate, personal and everything else which the average wage earner can not do. The bottom line is the top 20% pay 88% of the Federal Income Tax. So that includes households making over $200 - $250K per year and up. They are the one getting SOAKED.
The point is that you are a brainwashed functional moron. If you count all taxes, everyone including the poor pay between 18 - 30%. Thanks to the GOP reconciliation law, it takes 51 volts to cut taxes and 60 votes in the Senate 2 raise taxes or 4 reform.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1X02DQRlAY-wGLvC86rLgE
Read this look at the graph learn something for a change. Change the channel and read a newspaper, super duper. Situation just gets worse and worse for the middle class and the country.

Buffett said he pays about 16 percent in income taxes, while any employee making between $100,000 and $200,000 typically pays about 20 percent in taxes. We rate this claim True. Says Warren Buffett has publicly said his secretary "should not be paying a higher tax rate" than him.

I doubt Buffet even knows his actual EFFECTIVE TAX RATE. He is mixing corporate, personal and everything else which the average wage earner can not do. The bottom line is the top 20% pay 88% of the Federal Income Tax. So that includes households making over $200 - $250K per year and up. They are the one getting SOAKED.
The point is that you are a brainwashed functional moron. If you count all taxes, everyone including the poor pay between 18 - 30%. Thanks to the GOP reconciliation law, it takes 51 volts to cut taxes and 60 votes in the Senate 2 raise taxes or 4 reform.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2012/09/19/heres-why-the-47-percent-argument-is-an-abuse-of-tax-data/?utm_term=.991ec4e6ab6d&ved=2ahUKEwi75ra0ieTfAhWRct8KHfugC7oQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1X02DQRlAY-wGLvC86rLgE
Read this look at the graph learn something for a change. Change the channel and read a newspaper, super duper. Situation just gets worse and worse for the middle class and the country.
play make believe all you want but the poor dont pay any income taxs,,

I know that cause I are one

sorry but youre the one thats brainwashed if you believe what you said

sorry but both partys have gotten away from human values

and to say the democrats ever had them is just a lie,,,they are after all the party of slavery,KKK and jim crow
Okay you are full of s***. Democrats are no longer the party of those racist groups. Since Nixon's southern strategy oh, they've all gone over to the GOP d u h. Up until the Civil Rights act that was pushed by democrats, Democrats own the southern conservatives who hated the Republican party because of Abraham Lincoln.

yes they are,,,just that blacks are now slaves to the democrat plantation in the way they vote,,,and their dependency on welfare
For a progressive you sure do believe pile of GOP propaganda. LOL. The GOP has been cutting taxes on the rich and opportunity for the rest for 35 years, and you blame the victims. Brainwashed and stupid.

and they cut taxs on everyone not just the rich, which is always a good thing for the people to keep what they earned ,,,the problem is they never cut spending

Apparently, he believes the democrats have been slowly rotating on their thumbs the last several decades.
Beside Obamacare, the Democrats have been obstructed since LBJ.

The point is that you are a brainwashed functional moron. If you count all taxes, everyone including the poor pay between 18 - 30%. Thanks to the GOP reconciliation law, it takes 51 volts to cut taxes and 60 votes in the Senate 2 raise taxes or 4 reform.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2012/09/19/heres-why-the-47-percent-argument-is-an-abuse-of-tax-data/?utm_term=.991ec4e6ab6d&ved=2ahUKEwi75ra0ieTfAhWRct8KHfugC7oQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1X02DQRlAY-wGLvC86rLgE
I see what youre trying to do by lumping all taxs in and blaming trump and the GOP for them,,,thats just dishonest

try sticking to one subject please

Payroll taxes that are mainly paid by the non-rich are as much as it federal income tax now. If you count all taxes, everyone pays the same percentage wise look at the article d******.

fuck obamacare you socialist prick,,,get

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY DOCTORS OFFICE AND MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS YOU SOCIALIST PRICK

I see what youre trying to do by lumping all taxs in and blaming trump and the GOP for them,,,thats just dishonest

The topic is taxes and if you only can talk about federal income tax, you are a brainwashed functional GOP moron.

Payroll taxes that are mainly paid by the non-rich are as much as it federal income tax now. If you count all taxes, everyone pays the same percentage wise look at the article d******.
YOURE REALLY A DUMB mother fucker arent you,,,npot a question

payroll taxs are income taxs you dumb fuck

The topic is taxes and if you only can talk about federal income tax, you are a brainwashed functional GOP moron.
if youre going to blame trump and the gop then we are only talking about income taxs you dumb fuck

fuck obamacare you socialist prick,,,get

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY DOCTORS OFFICE AND MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS YOU SOCIALIST PRICK
The old GOP scam Health system cost the country 18% of GDP and was a disgrace. You are a brainwashed functional moron. It's getting cheaper now and your care is guaranteed. Excepting garbage red states of course... If you are poor and live in a red State you're still screwed. By the way, 75% of those on the exchanges get Healthcare for less than $100 a month.
Everything you know is wrong and total b******* GOP propaganda, super duper.

Forum List

Back