🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question from a non-American. Do you guys really hate each other?

Well you defended the corporations who sent all those high paying jobs overseas

And you defended illegal immigrants for doing jobs Americans won’t do

And cheap shit from China

Republicans are stupid. At least the lower middle class ones are

If you can't provide me a great product, and China can... whose fault is that?

Democrats are stupid. At least the lower to upper class ones are.
That's all of us. There's nothing else besides the lower to upper class.

You don't make any sense. I'm a liberal and you are just sounding stupid. Probably you're a libertarian or something. Some kind of spinoff of a bad idea.
actually liberal and libertarian are supposed to be the same thing,,,you are probably a leftist with liberal tendencys
I don't know. Actually my friends occasionally say, "you're not a liberal" because they catch me making Republican arguments.

But I find myself agreeing with the Democatic position 95% of the time. And even when I agree with the Republicans I don't like it because I suspect alterior motives always.

What's the diff between a lefty and liberal? What would they disagree on?
a liberal believes in total freedom while a leftist thinks he can take your money and give it to someone else and freedom of speech is subjective

ben shapiro states it best

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?
Both parties contribute to the extreme polarization and lack of compromise, but the left is more likely to be diplomatic and be less bigoted.

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?
Both parties contribute to the extreme polarization and lack of compromise, but the left is more likely to be diplomatic and be less bigoted.
and more abusive to the constitution and individual freedom

It's NOT about Americans hating other Americans; it's way worse than that.

When ANY American would vote for the most abusive & abrasive candidate of the 16 candidates on the GOP ticket, the one candidate that has a history of conning contractors & students out of hundred$ of million$ of dollar$, the one candidate that brags about sexually assaulting women, the one candidate that verbally craps on US military veterans, the only candidate that claimed they could shoot someone on a New York City street & not lose a voter, the one candidate without a single minute of political experience, the one candidate that has broken (at least three) wedding vows which is nothing more than an oath, then that American voter obviously hates NOT only themselves but they ALSO hate America.

Yes; it is that bad.

And yes; our current America is a very fvcked up mess with ~ 63 million of those idiots here.

Last edited:
My smartphone has lost it. later...

In a nation like the US, there are trends.
The two parties used to be quite similar.
But in recent years, the GOP has grown apart from US values.
It's a party that has a base that claims to be religious, is mostly white, with a leadership that cares more about corporations than people. Even many Republicans now claim that corporations are people and must be protected over "real" people. The GOP leadership lives to loot the country.
The GOP has grown into a nearly all white party home to remnants of the KKK, the American Nazi Party, the Alt White, white supremacists and the Aryan Nation. Occasionally, some deny it, but most are on board. And the one thing, education, that could get the GOP out of their tragic slump, they believe is bad for America. It's like a sick person believing medicine that could cure their illness is actually poison. Sadly, that's the actual case for many Republicans.
Many Republicans say the immigrants are carriers of disease. But since Republicans feel vaccines cause autism, when they don't even know what autism is, because their children are unvaccinated, it's the children of immigrants who need to worry about catching something from Republicans.
It won't last forever.
In the 30's, when there was the great dust bowl, conservatives destroyed the land. When government scientists came in and showed them how to reclaim abused land, at first, they fought it, but after a while, when farmers could see those methods worked, they were adopted. And ones that didn't were forced into it by their neighbors. And today, those methods are used without question all over the midwest.
It will be painful, but it will happen to right wingers once again. They will be tired of having nothing, of being uneducated, of being looked down on. They will eventually seek education and become competitive. They just haven't figured that out yet.

sorry but both partys have gotten away from human values

and to say the democrats ever had them is just a lie,,,they are after all the party of slavery,KKK and jim crow
Okay you are full of s***. Democrats are no longer the party of those racist groups. Since Nixon's southern strategy oh, they've all gone over to the GOP d u h. Up until the Civil Rights act that was pushed by democrats, Democrats own the southern conservatives who hated the Republican party because of Abraham Lincoln.

yes they are,,,just that blacks are now slaves to the democrat plantation in the way they vote,,,and their dependency on welfare
For a progressive you sure do believe pile of GOP propaganda. LOL. The GOP has been cutting taxes on the rich and opportunity for the rest for 35 years, and you blame the victims. Brainwashed and stupid.

It's a party that has a base that claims to be religious, is mostly white, with a leadership that cares more about corporations than people. Even many Republicans now claim that corporations are people and must be protected over "real" people. The GOP leadership lives to loot the country.
The GOP has grown into a nearly all white party home to remnants of the KKK, the American Nazi Party, the Alt White, white supremacists and the Aryan Nation. Occasionally, some deny it, but most are on board. And the one thing, education, that could get the GOP out of their tragic slump, they believe is bad for America. It's like a sick person believing medicine that could cure their illness is actually poison. Sadly, that's the actual case for many Republicans.
Many Republicans say the immigrants are carriers of disease. But since Republicans feel vaccines cause autism, when they don't even know what autism is, because their children are unvaccinated, it's the children of immigrants who need to worry about catching something from Republicans.
It won't last forever.
In the 30's, when there was the great dust bowl, conservatives destroyed the land. When government scientists came in and showed them how to reclaim abused land, at first, they fought it, but after a while, when farmers could see those methods worked, they were adopted. And ones that didn't were forced into it by their neighbors. And today, those methods are used without question all over the midwest.
It will be painful, but it will happen to right wingers once again. They will be tired of having nothing, of being uneducated, of being looked down on. They will eventually seek education and become competitive. They just haven't figured that out yet.

and to say the democrats ever had them is just a lie,,,they are after all the party of slavery,KKK and jim crow
Okay you are full of s***. Democrats are no longer the party of those racist groups. Since Nixon's southern strategy oh, they've all gone over to the GOP d u h. Up until the Civil Rights act that was pushed by democrats, Democrats own the southern conservatives who hated the Republican party because of Abraham Lincoln.

yes they are,,,just that blacks are now slaves to the democrat plantation in the way they vote,,,and their dependency on welfare
For a progressive you sure do believe pile of GOP propaganda. LOL. The GOP has been cutting taxes on the rich and opportunity for the rest for 35 years, and you blame the victims. Brainwashed and stupid.
when did I blame victims???

and I hunt progressives,,,

and they cut taxs on everyone not just the rich, which is always a good thing for the people to keep what they earned ,,,the problem is they never cut spending

It's NOT about Americans hating other Americans; it's way worse than that.

When ANY American would vote for the most abusive & abrasive candidate of the 16 candidates on the GOP ticket, the one candidate that has a history of conning contractors & students out of hundred$ of million$ of dollar$, the one candidate that brags about sexually assaulting women, the one candidate that verbally craps on US military veterans, the one candidate that has broken (at least three) wedding vows which is nothing more than an oath, then that American voter obviously hates NOT only themselves but they ALSO hate America.

Yes; it is that bad.
All he had to do to take over the GOP was to parrot the GOP propaganda from Fox Rush Limbaugh etc etc. Absolute garbage. Seems like Fox & Friends drivel now runs the country.half the GOP voters at least believe a million phony scandals against Hillary Obama holder the FBI the foundation, none of which has ever made it to the real world of law enforcement or journalism. Many thanks to Reagan four for ending the fairness doctrine and dividing the country with BS hate propaganda. Democrats hate that imaginary world of garbage.

The Left (liberals, progressives, Democrats) hate the U.S. Constitution. It is just an obstacle to them with constant cries of its old, outdated, meaningless, and needs to be re-written and/or replaced. They want to destroy the very things that have made this country where people want to come legally, or illegally.

It won't last forever.

and they cut taxs on everyone not just the rich, which is always a good thing for the people to keep what they earned ,,,the problem is they never cut spending
Trump's tax cuts were 83% for the bloated rich and giant corporations, and are permanent for them but temporary for the Non rich. You are highly misinformed. At this point we have a flat tax system and the rich are getting all the new wealth and laughing all the way to the bank. The middle class and the country have been falling apart since Reagan. We now have the worst inequality and upward mobility in the world. Giving the rich tax cuts at this point is absolutely ridiculous. And you are duped and fos.

The Left (liberals, progressives, Democrats) hate the U.S. Constitution. It is just an obstacle to them with constant cries of its old, outdated, meaningless, and needs to be re-written and/or replaced. They want to destroy the very things that have made this country where people want to come legally, or illegally.

thats a winner except for the liberal part,,,they highjacked that word when progressive was revealed for what it is,,,COMMUNISM

Trump's tax cuts were 83% for the bloated rich and giant corporations, and are permanent for them but temporary for the Non rich. You are highly misinformed. At this point we have a flat tax system and the rich are getting all the new wealth and laughing all the way to the bank. The middle class and the country have been falling apart since Reagan. We now have the worst inequality and upward mobility in the world. Giving the rich tax cuts at this point is absolutely ridiculous. And you are duped and fos.
CORRECT ME IF i'M WRONG,,,BUT WASNT IT THE HOUSE THAT WROTE THAT TAX CUT???not trump,,,he just signed it

you rant about equality but want a smal group to pay more,,,WTF???

and I never got a job from a poor man,

taxs are intended to pay the debts of the government and not for redistribution,,,thats socialism

CORRECT ME IF i'M WRONG,,,BUT WASNT IT THE HOUSE THAT WROTE THAT TAX CUT???not trump,,,he just signed it

taxs are intended to pay the debts of the government and not for redistribution,,,thats socialism
The greedy idiot GOP rich have been redistributing the wealth to themselves for 35 years, dumbass. And it just keeps getting worse. Since the GOP passed today's reconciliation and filibuster rules, the system is rigged. The GOP only needs 51 votes in the Senate to pass tax cuts for the rich and Cuts cuts in services for the rest, and the Democrats need 60 votes to pass reform. Nothing is going to change until Democrats get 60 votes for 4 years.

Here's the link to show what the GOP has done to the middle class and the country the last 35 years, Dupe.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw24dTxTNoWjvdOiiUM-cREt

The greedy idiot GOP rich have been redistributing the wealth to themselves for 35 years, dumbass. And it just keeps getting worse. Since the GOP passed today's reconciliation and filibuster rules, the system is rigged. The GOP only needs 51 votes in the Senate to pass tax cuts for the rich and Cuts cuts in services for the rest, and the Democrats need 60 votes to pass reform. Nothing is going to change until Democrats get 60 votes for 4 years.

why do you leave out that a majority of the democrats enter office poor and by the time they leave are rich from insider trading??? and most repubes leave at or about the same as when they entered???
not to mention all the mega donors to the democrat party which far outpaces the GOP donors

I'm no fan of repubes and refuse to vote for them but what you claim is just not true

and I will refrain from name calling at this point because its just childish

Well you defended the corporations who sent all those high paying jobs overseas

And you defended illegal immigrants for doing jobs Americans won’t do

And cheap shit from China

Republicans are stupid. At least the lower middle class ones are

You don't make any sense. I'm a liberal and you are just sounding stupid. Probably you're a libertarian or something. Some kind of spinoff of a bad idea.
actually liberal and libertarian are supposed to be the same thing,,,you are probably a leftist with liberal tendencys
I don't know. Actually my friends occasionally say, "you're not a liberal" because they catch me making Republican arguments.

But I find myself agreeing with the Democatic position 95% of the time. And even when I agree with the Republicans I don't like it because I suspect alterior motives always.

a liberal believes in total freedom while a leftist thinks he can take your money and give it to someone else and freedom of speech is subjective

So Abraham Lincoln was a leftist?

In the United States, the first progressive income tax was established by the Revenue Act of 1862. The act was signed into law by President Abraham Lincoln, and replaced the Revenue Act of 1861, which had imposed a flat income tax of 3% on incomes above $800.

A progressive tax is a tax that imposes a lower tax rate on low-income earners compared to those with a higher income, making it based on the taxpayer's ability to pay. That means it takes a larger percentage from high-income earners than it does from low-income individuals.

Here's the link to show what the GOP has done to the middle class and the country the last 35 years, Dupe.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw24dTxTNoWjvdOiiUM-cREt
why single out the repubes??? the democrats have done the same,,,just look at the democrat controled states and cities,,,DETROIT comes to mind

In the United States, the first progressive income tax was established by the Revenue Act of 1862. The act was signed into law by President Abraham Lincoln, and replaced the Revenue Act of 1861, which had imposed a flat income tax of 3% on incomes above $800.

A progressive tax is a tax that imposes a lower tax rate on low-income earners compared to those with a higher income, making it based on the taxpayer's ability to pay. That means it takes a larger percentage from high-income earners than it does from low-income individuals.

but the lower incomers pay nothing while the higher pay all of it,,,

not very fair or equal if you ask me

and when did I call lincoln a leftist??? what was the money for???

The top 20% income earners pay 88% of the Federal Income Taxes, so we already have an extremely top heavy tax structure where the high income earners are paying not only the largest amounts, but the largest percentage as well.

You said a leftist thinks he can take your money and give it to someone else. I'm assuming you were talking about our progressive tax system? Yea, Lincoln started that. So you must think he's a leftist.

Isn't it weird when your talking points get blown up?

The fact is the people who ran the country back then aren't nearly as greedy as Republicans are today. Today Lincoln would be a liberal/progressive/leftist or rino.

You said a leftist thinks he can take your money and give it to someone else. I'm assuming you were talking about our progressive tax system? Yea, Lincoln started that. So you must think he's a leftist.

Isn't it weird when your talking points get blown up?

The fact is the people who ran the country back then aren't nearly as greedy as Republicans are today. Today Lincoln would be a liberal/progressive/leftist or rino.

what did lincoln spend the money on???

Forum List

Back