🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question from a non-American. Do you guys really hate each other?

Just log off this site and shut down my television I would never even know about this divided nation.
Everyday my interactions with my fellow Americans are rather pleasant and normal. Neighbors wave, store clerks smile, and most are just going about their day.
No screaming, violence, vandalism or general havoc.

Maybe just a couple dicks in traffic.

Those that find trouble in America are usually the ones seeking it.
And yet the only spike in violence is against Jews blacks Muslims and gays since Trump announced.

Yes, the hatred is real. People in Alabama and people in New York are not just geographically different, but ethnically different having come from different countries and settling in different areas. This leads to religious differences too, which also had a violent history in this country. This brings me to a question: with all the priests who were found to be child molesters, have any gone to jail or are they just sent to a religious retreat?
WTF? People in Alabama and New York are ....different? Maybe the biggest problem we are facing is the sub-standard education that leads ignorant (Americans?) to believe that people in one state are different than people in another state. Claiming that the good people in Alabama are somehow different from the people in New York is example of mostly left wing ignorant bigotry and hatred. The Catholic church may have been covering for homosexual predator Priests for years but it has nothing to do with the original premise of the post. Look around for God's sake. There has never been a time in history when a political party was so filled with hatred and anger over an election as democrats are today.
so why is the only spike in violence against Jews black Muslims and gays since Trump announced? You live on an imaginary ignorant planet... The GOP hate BS character assassination propaganda machine is a disgrace. Everything you know is wrong.

I am from America. Hi.

SOUTH AMERICA?

Wtf is wrong with you idiots? America America. United States.

Oh? In what state?

I am a cracker from America, FYI. My family has been here since before it was America.

I am a Cracker. You see Adam Putnam bragging on being 5th generation? Yeah.. my roots go a little deeper. :rolleyes:

I do not get offended when they start talking about crackers, because I am one.

They can talk all that shit..and here's what I think: "Yeah, you damn right, bitch!"

Too bad if you don't like it.

Last edited:
I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?
Here is my take on it. The short answer to your question is, yes, there is a lot of hatred or at least strong animosity.

The caveat is that, in a lot of cases, people are generally docile, but our media, and our elected officials drum up a lot of hatred on both sides. Some will deny that, but, if you think about it, all we really know about our current political situation comes from the media. All media is filtered by the government, and all talk show hosts have their agenda that they are trying to convince their listeners that their version of the story is right, and the other side is wrong.

So, when it comes to the division in this country, I place the blame mostly on the media. I also place part of the blame on our elected officials as well because they seem to be helping engineering this division.

In another post of mine, I posit that our country is pretty much on a downward spiral, the division is so bad that I dont think well ever come together.

That's just my take on it, some here dont feel the way I do, but that's ok, we all have our own take on things.

I am not American but I do find American politics to be quite interesting in a sort of soap opera sort of way but one thing I really don't get is in America, unlike my own country (Australia) there seems to be a genuine hatred between the left and right, as in both would love to completely destroy the other and pretty much hate everything that the other side stands for.

I know my country the left wing party (Labor) and the right wing party (Liberals) are not too far away from each other politically, and while there is a lot of animosity there is not really any hatred. In America though I get the impression that the Republicans would have welcomed a recession when Obama was in charge as that way he would have been blamed, and Democrats would welcome a market crash now because he would be blamed, it seemingly not mattering that your country would be falling down a toilet, as long as the other side gets the blame for it.

Admittedly I don't know the politics of every fully Democratic nation, that would be impossible, but as far as I know America is quite unique in just how much both sides hate each other.

My question is do both sides genuinely hate each other, would each side be happy to see America burn if they could blame the other side, and if this is the case?

I also must admit that the differences between the US states is quite amazing. I go from one state in my own country to another, and basically they are the same, more or less anyway, but in America I get the feeling that New York and California are so different to Texas and Alabama that they may as well be in different countries in terms of beliefs and general ideology on almost every issue. I find it amazing that these states are in the same country as it almost feels as convoluted as the Austro-Hungarian empire, with dozens of different ethnic groups within the one country, all wanting very different things and none of them feeling that united.

So my general question is how divided is America, is it so divided that one side of politics would love to see America enter a deep depression just so the other political party could be blamed for it, and if so is that a healthy situation to be in?

Not that I am advocating for it, but with the massive differences between the red and the blue states America from an outsiders point of view seems like it is in a very unhappy marriage where both parties are staying together for the sake of the children, but end up fighting a lot in front of the children and making them cry so I wonder, if what I am saying is remotely accurate why isn't there more talk about an amicable divorce, where the blue states go their own way and the red states go another, where both sides can go the direction they want to go and seemingly not being held back by the other side.

I mean, do the people of Alabama really care that much about the people of New York, or vice-versa? Also is politics and America in general as divided as I have made out, or is America more like siblings who hate each other and will kick the crap out of each other but deep down love each other as well, even though they would never admit it?
Here, if you live in a far left-wing area such as a university with a one-sided viewpoint, you can look for criminal mischief on your car if you place a Bumper sticker on your car that has an elephant logo (Republican Party) affixed on the bumper. You can thank US Rep. Maxine Watters for her similar bid to her constituents to harass members of the Executive Branch by following them to restaurants and screaming inanities at them over various issues. The history/political department heads are intolerant of conservative professors and are paid to ensure only DNC supporters train America's youth to hate America, push for removal of Constitutional freedoms, and refuse to cooperate with anything the consrvatives tell them, the most deadly one is the irresponsibility of increasing the national debt to the point of no return, which means foreigners will own and direct America if it does not pay them back pretty soon.

I think America is getting a little sick of leftist lies oozing ink all over formerly truth-telling newspapers. Bigger town newspapers are losing readership and are having to go out of business because people are sick to their stomachs of reading lie after DNC lie and paying for it. They're herding the loser reporters into small town papers, and pretty soon, that will be the end of free lying press bullshit. I haven't read papers for 9 years now. I just don't need garbage and angry people spitting vitriol in so much verbiage at each other. Printed lies are like pickpockets. People just learn to not put valuables where they can be found by those clever at relieving you of your assets.
Actual facts and history mean that Republicans should be never voted in, and their propaganda machine is basically non-stop lies and Hate. The supposed leftist propaganda is actually the 95% of media not owned by Rupert Murdoch. They are called journalists.
Still projecting much, FrancoHFW? lol

I know you will deny it, but America actually doesn't have journalists any longer. They've been replaced by Party Talking Heads, Political activists, and political infomercials that campaign not for a few months, but for four long years between presidential elections. We're not getting information based on facts nor on journalists who put truthful information into the nation's notice, but lies about crimes that are neither crimes nor were the deeds committed half the time, and badmouthing good leaders, giving their children the hopeless despair of not having respectable futures without examples of leaders that are constantly lied about, and every mean and false thing they can think of to discredit Republicans whom they cannot control with their smarmy lies.

I don't like saying it, but I do think our ends of the spectrum really do hate each other.

Ironically, they share many behaviors, and that probably makes them even more angry.

Personal insults, name-calling, hyperbole, distortion, straw man arguments, tribalism, denial. It's all the same stuff.

Imagine going through life, being so similar in behaviors to those you loathe.

Not that I have noticed UNTIL, politics comes up. Then two people who were fine will hate each other. I would still live here over Australia any day of the week.
After 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich and cuts and services to the rest, I wish I was Australian. You have a $19 minimum wage I hear, and I believe we are the only rich country the doesn't have a living wage Healthcare daycare cheap college and training, good vacations and infrastructure. And with a huge GOP propaganda machine that makes people blame the poor and worse... Had the worst upward Mobility and inequality in the modern world. Stupidest voters in the modern world. Ooops, the worst brainwashed functional morons in the modern world.

There’s far more hatred from the “fly over” crowd towards the “coastal elites” than the other way around.

Riots after a Presidential election, a Republican Senator shot at a baseball game, a women slamming into another car because of a Trump bumper sticker, ANTIFA, a man's car set on fire because of a Trump bumper sticker, denied service in a restaurant because you support a President, a man harassed because of his MAGA hat, a teen harassed because of a MAGA hat.

Sorry, I don't buy into your claim, I think your partisan agenda seems to have taken over.

None of those people are dead. Your kind murders people they disagree with with automobiles. Murder trumps random violence every time.

Yeah, the guy that shot the Senator was a bad shot, so it doesn't count? You idiots are too funny.

You're funnier. Why do you support murderers?

Can't answer my question? Thanks, I wasn't expecting you to.

You know I can, wingertard: shame on you. Violence begets violence. A Senator is shot. Then it escalates. The people you support encourage more of this behavior. I think they're all fucking traitors and they should all fucking hang. Clear enough?

Here, if you live in a far left-wing area such as a university with a one-sided viewpoint, you can look for criminal mischief on your car if you place a Bumper sticker on your car that has an elephant logo (Republican Party) affixed on the bumper. You can thank US Rep. Maxine Watters for her similar bid to her constituents to harass members of the Executive Branch by following them to restaurants and screaming inanities at them over various issues. The history/political department heads are intolerant of conservative professors and are paid to ensure only DNC supporters train America's youth to hate America, push for removal of Constitutional freedoms, and refuse to cooperate with anything the consrvatives tell them, the most deadly one is the irresponsibility of increasing the national debt to the point of no return, which means foreigners will own and direct America if it does not pay them back pretty soon.

I think America is getting a little sick of leftist lies oozing ink all over formerly truth-telling newspapers. Bigger town newspapers are losing readership and are having to go out of business because people are sick to their stomachs of reading lie after DNC lie and paying for it. They're herding the loser reporters into small town papers, and pretty soon, that will be the end of free lying press bullshit. I haven't read papers for 9 years now. I just don't need garbage and angry people spitting vitriol in so much verbiage at each other. Printed lies are like pickpockets. People just learn to not put valuables where they can be found by those clever at relieving you of your assets.
Actual facts and history mean that Republicans should be never voted in, and their propaganda machine is basically non-stop lies and Hate. The supposed leftist propaganda is actually the 95% of media not owned by Rupert Murdoch. They are called journalists.

I know you will deny it, but America actually doesn't have journalists any longer. They've been replaced by Party Talking Heads, Political activists, and political infomercials that campaign not for a few months, but for four long years between presidential elections. We're not getting information based on facts nor on journalists who put truthful information into the nation's notice, but lies about crimes that are neither crimes nor were the deeds committed half the time, and badmouthing good leaders, giving their children the hopeless despair of not having respectable futures without examples of leaders that are constantly lied about, and every mean and false thing they can think of to discredit Republicans whom they cannot control with their smarmy lies.
GOP America doesn't have journalists and haven't for 30 years, Super Duper. Everyone else in the world has journalists, brainwashed functional moron. Try c
Some media not owned by Rupert Murdoch. speaking of Australia and assholes who have been thrown out of their own country basically LOL

The problem here is that Americans, while bound together within the 50 states, have no underlying common culture. We are bound together by absolutely nothing except our common cause, and this notion of a common cause erodes daily.

Personally, I am a native-born citizen, as were my two parents. The U.S. welcomed(?) my ancestors a long time ago. Grandparents, great-grand parents, and more. But my personal experiences, the memories that I look back on, must be so different than those of other Americans living in the U.S.

Anything I might tell anyone about my personal upbringing and experiences might be construed as "bragging," but it is authentic per my personal experiences, and I do not apologize for my personal experiences. This is what I think is happening now: somebody out there in the 3,000-mile territorial expanse of the U.S. is trying to make me conform to what they are when we have nothing in common. Ain't gonna happen. If you grew up in Sydney next to the Opera House, I'm not sure that you could find common ground with some sheep ranger in the outback.

Read a newspaper not owned by Rupert Murdoch and you'll rediscover journalism. I'm disgusted by CNN Fox and MSNBC, since they all have non-stop never ending talking head gabfests. but the Democratic talking heads don't lie and do retract mistakes, unlike your propagandists and your orange president.

Foreigners get a distorted view of America because the American Press and Hollywood are Left.
The truth is that the Republicans are mainstream society and the Democrats are coalition anti-religion bigots, anti-Anglo bigots and the economic bigots who hate rich people and corporations.
The irony is while they claim to be the tolerant side, they are the ones who make everything about race and/or gender.
Obama cultivated race riots for 8 years.
Hillary tried to drive a wedge between men and women.
The other irony is that the Democratic Party is run by rich people and corporations.
How do you think Pelosi, Feinstein, Clintons, Gore... became millionaires?

Last edited:
There’s far more hatred from the “fly over” crowd towards the “coastal elites” than the other way around.

Riots after a Presidential election, a Republican Senator shot at a baseball game, a women slamming into another car because of a Trump bumper sticker, ANTIFA, a man's car set on fire because of a Trump bumper sticker, denied service in a restaurant because you support a President, a man harassed because of his MAGA hat, a teen harassed because of a MAGA hat.

Sorry, I don't buy into your claim, I think your partisan agenda seems to have taken over.

trump-supporters-attacked-compilation24.jpg

Abortion rights are limited, access is very limited in a lot of red states - thats a compromise for the left.

Taxes are historically way down - thats a compromise for the left.

No public option or single payer in healthcare - thats a compromise for the left.

Higher education tuition is still expensive - thats a compromise for the left.

Minimum wage is way down in real terms since the 60's - thats a compromise for the left.

Shall I go on?

Yes, because those are not something you compromised with the right on. You act like conservatives WANT high tuition. Just the existence of a minimum wage is a liberal win. As is Obamacare.

You are arguing degrees of change, not policy changes.

Mark

High taxes vs Low taxes is a question of degree.

Between abortion being available on demand and abortion being illegal there are degrees.

Between federal governement subsidizing all education and Federal government not subsidizing any education there are degrees.

Low minimum wage and high minimum wage is a matter of degree.

Medicare being available to some, or all - is a matter of degree.

So your binary thinking is wrong, policy change primarily happens in degrees - it is very important and absolutely there are many areas where liberals are not getting what they want just as there are many areas where conservatives do not get what they want.

Nope. The push back is a "carving out" of requirements to pursue an activity. Is not abortion the law of the land? Or gay marriage? How about welfare? Medicare? Social Security?

What the right is doing is fighting the left to maintain some of the control that the right "compromised" on.

Your turn.

Mark

Nice word salad.

Anyway you are full of crap - liberals certainly don't get eveything they want and there are plenty of compromises I've directly listed to you that you are selectively ignoring.
from your own examples of "compromise" - i call it "defeat" cause as soon as the dems get back in power they're going to change it all to the way they want it. when done and the (R's) come back, they'll change it again.

it's only compromise when it's over and a final solution is designed that will stay. it's putting off the fight if you're going to change it as soon as you can which is NOT compromise.

Compromise is ALWAYS called defeat by wingnuts.

Schumer and McCain pass a comprehensive imigration bill with a full border/visa reform and a path to citizenship? DEFEAT!

Grand bargain with cuts to spending coupled with tax-raises? DEFEAT!

Private market based healthcare reform without even a public option? DEFEAT!

Last edited:
Hate is only from the kooky fringes of both parties. The fact is 90 percent of average Americans are too busy working and trying to scrape by to worry too much about politics. Most people are near the center. Thankfully.

Read a newspaper not owned by Rupert Murdoch and you'll rediscover journalism. I'm disgusted by CNN Fox and MSNBC, since they all have non-stop never ending talking head gabfests. but the Democratic talking heads don't lie and do retract mistakes, unlike your propagandists and your orange president.
You said: GOP America doesn't have journalists and haven't for 30 years, Super Duper. Everyone else in the world has journalists, brainwashed functional moron. Try c
Some media not owned by Rupert Murdoch. speaking of Australia and assholes who have been thrown out of their own country basically

Then you said: Read a newspaper not owned by Rupert Murdoch and you'll rediscover journalism. I'm disgusted by CNN Fox and MSNBC, since they all have non-stop never ending talking head gabfests. but the Democratic talking heads don't lie and do retract mistakes, unlike your propagandists and your orange president.​

It's hard to be brainwashed when I have no television service in my home any more. Often stuff is more than a day old when I read of it online or visit youtube. I never said 30 years anything. How can I be a brainwashed functional moron when I don't depend on the media? I don't know anything about Rupert Murdoch, therefore, I wonderful why you are channeling all your hatred toward me for making up my own mind about what I do hear, and I do my best to go to more than one places for information, then I decide since today's reporters are such attention whores they want to make news rather than to report factual evidence from the notes they take at informational sessions. One reporter recently started telling the speaker what he was going to say and why his (the reporter's) ideas were better and went off topic. He was told he was off topic and had already been answered, and finally took questions from another reporter who was reporting the same DNC-sourced slander, but was given an answer. Not only was he temporarily denied admission, but now, they're talking about removing the press sessions entirely, because they have turned the President's home into a place where they crudely try to turn it into a Supreme Court dissention and target area, bringing up false charges that would not see the light of day in any criminal court, since the bit about "crime" has been misrepresented by these insane people who get their information ahead of time from people who aren't invited into confidential meeting rooms and are ready to load the rifles of the ninnyhammer press before they even go to information centers that will soon be closed to them if they supply the answers before the question is asked by loading their speech with false accusations.

My opinion is that the American public deserves better than that, I haven't listened to the news for 3 years, yet you are here telling me I listen to propagandists? The deal is I do not listen to the propagandists out there trying to shame the President first, and get him to make a mistake so they can beat up on him some more. If I were the President, I would have stopped hatemongers from coming into my home long before the second time they planned to throw a second stink bomb on my property. This President has been patient and diligent to prepare statements of fact to these ninnyhammers, which the public is tired of hearing some reporter blasting the President and failing to give him the opportunity to respond to a question by bombasting him with everything negative they can think of about him without mentioning the topic of current events. It won't make any difference to me, because I know who's naughty and who's nice just the minute I see them open their mouths. It's just that simple. You don't care for me because I am not doing propaganda that pleases your sensibilities, I think for myself by those out there, and one thing President Trump has that no one in the country has is information he gets from the sources who visit his home using diplomatic communications. So far, all the garbage hurled at President Trump, he and his team have quickly responded with what they know to be the truth when they are faced with hubris that is not intended to correct, it is leveled at ousting the people's elected President with no recourse. People only do that when they're having a tantrum. Tantrums do not amuse me. I'd rather listen to the winner, decider, and President of the United States. I didn't vote in November, 2016, because my husband of 44 years died and my sister of 63 years died just before the election, and I was numbed by personal sorrows at the time and a whole year later, was still not in the mood to return to the television liars, talking heads, and the more and more hateful political screaming who label each other in full hubris mode as criminals.just like you did when I was trying to make some sense of what you said. Projection is a term that describes a communications behavior. Calling someone a moron whose IQ is high enough to have been listed in the National President's List yearbook while in college is a lie, pure and simple. Please stop projecting, belittling, and marginalizing me. I am not the topic of this discourse, and I make my decisions as best I can from what I can determine are facts because I learned to make good decisions in a short amount of time because I had the very best professors in the world whose chief aim was to make a thinking person out of their charges, and not disable them by telling them to go ninnyhammer someone because of their political party membership, nor to carry falsehoods to be used as ammunition in a discussion aimed at problem solving. Oh, yes, and how to determine if a claim is good or bad for consumers based on known information or known hubris. Based on your ignorance, I'd recommend abstention from speaking until I could confirm my opinion with something other than DNC talking points, considering the fanfare they gave to Christine Blasey Ford, a political advocate who feigned a doctoral degree andthen iced the cake with a false testimony alleging her victimization her witnesses could not affirm, since it never happened, with only the devil applauding, not to mention Diane Feinstein and Charles Schumer. I saw the whole thing on you Tube, that provided assessment based on not only speech, but body language as well.

High taxes vs Low taxes is a question of degree.

Between abortion being available on demand and abortion being illegal there are degrees.

Between federal governement subsidizing all education and Federal government not subsidizing any education there are degrees.

Low minimum wage and high minimum wage is a matter of degree.

Medicare being available to some, or all - is a matter of degree.

So your binary thinking is wrong, policy change primarily happens in degrees - it is very important and absolutely there are many areas where liberals are not getting what they want just as there are many areas where conservatives do not get what they want.

Nope. The push back is a "carving out" of requirements to pursue an activity. Is not abortion the law of the land? Or gay marriage? How about welfare? Medicare? Social Security?

What the right is doing is fighting the left to maintain some of the control that the right "compromised" on.

Your turn.

Mark

Nice word salad.

Anyway you are full of crap - liberals certainly don't get eveything they want and there are plenty of compromises I've directly listed to you that you are selectively ignoring.

I'm not ignoring anything.

Ok taxes way down and no single payer halthcare - GO.

Lol, Deflection. Show me which conservative values that the left has compromised on?

Mark

WTF? lets do this again:

Ok taxes way down and no single payer private market based healthcare - GO.

Republican economics only serve the haves not the have nots. So how do the rich get so many have nots to vote for them? By using wedge issues that divide us.

God, gays, guns and racism.

Are the people in your country fighting ove4 these things?

Dimocraps and Republithugs, their acolytes, apologists and supporters; I dont hold them in high enough regard to hate them.

Foreign provocateur-troll, advocating for dissolution of the Union...

No Sale.

Forum List

Back