Questions.....RE: The Greenhouse Effect

The same effect works for thermal radiation. Two hundred years ago scientists experimented with this effect and argued over their findings. Some thought that cooling Rays were being sent through the tube from cold objects and warming rays from hot ones.

So in your model world sound behaves the same as light because sound is the same as light? In your model world is sound made up of theoretical particles...what are they called?...and whatever they are called, are there virtual ones as well? I haven't seen this theory...that sound and light are one in the same and behave in the same manner...can you provide a link to it?

Good grief! How much remedial science history do you need?

Parabolic telescopes have been around since Newton, horn shaped hearing aids go too far back to know when they came into usage.

The 'aether' was almost universally accepted until Einstein developed relativity, although the Michelson-Morley speed of light experiments should have killed it off sooner.

Now you are mocking a simple physics concept. Yes, light can be moved through a tube via internal reflection. Yes, light can be focused by lenses and mirrors. Yes infrared radiation is light even though you can't see it.

Can you imagine the joy and amazement of the first guy to discover that area just past red in the spectrum produced by a prism was warming up, so there must be something there even though it is invisible?

SSDD is really being a royal asshole here. He purposefully took your example out of context and purposefully pretended to misunderstand it so he could impress his minions. That is the action of a veritable troll.

I found that if you use an analogy, metaphor or example you are wasting your time with SSDD because he will ignore everything but the analogy and reply something trollish about the analogy and not the subject at hand.

Here is another conundrum for people who don't believe in the accepted form of the SLoT. I asked this once before, but SSDD declined to answer.

Suppose a cold gas is next to a warm solid surface. The molecules of the cold gas must hit the warm surface. This is an example of energy moving from a colder substance to a warmer substance.

Of course more thermal energy goes from the surface toward the gas than the gas to the surface, thus preserving the well understood form of the SloT.

If for some idiotic reason the molecules of the cold gas are forbidden from moving toward the warm surface, how will the surface lose thermal energy to the gas?

The cold gas molecules heat the warmer solid?

Really?

Maybe in an alternate Universe

Here is another conundrum for people who don't believe in the accepted form of the SLoT. I asked this once before, but SSDD declined to answer.

Suppose a cold gas is next to a warm solid surface. The molecules of the cold gas must hit the warm surface. This is an example of energy moving from a colder substance to a warmer substance.

Of course more thermal energy goes from the surface toward the gas than the gas to the surface, thus preserving the well understood form of the SloT.

If for some idiotic reason the molecules of the cold gas are forbidden from moving toward the warm surface, how will the surface lose thermal energy to the gas?

I'm still waiting to find out how the warmer matter knows the temperature of the colder matter,
so it knows how much to "dial down emissions".

How does a bowling ball "know" which side gravity is pulling?

I'm still waiting to find out how the warmer matter knows the temperature of the colder matter,
Yeah, he answered the radiation question with smart photons. I wonder if he is going to come up with smart molecules.

Really?

Reread the third paragraph.

Really?

Reread the third paragraph.

"Of course more thermal energy goes from the surface toward the gas than the gas to the surface, thus preserving the well understood form of the SloT."

So some of the bowling ball travels away from gravity but most of it manages to head down the lane once released.

OK

How does a bowling ball "know" which side gravity is pulling?

Gravity pulls on all sides of a bowling ball.

What is weird is to be wrong and also be 150 years behind.

And to be so alone in his beliefs.
He isn't alone. jc456 idolizes him and even parrots his words. I'm sure SSDD respects jc a lot too.

JC is clueless. Sometimes JC says something that completely disagrees with SSDD's idiocy
and needs to have his face rubbed in the contradiction before he notices and reverts to agreeing.
post one

jc is beyond clueless.

If he was put on trial to defend his words he would be found not guilty on the grounds of diminished capacity. He lacks the intelligence to form intent.
and yet you believe in back radiation that has never been proven!! never. I'm still waiting for that observation. just post it once.

The molecules of the cold gas must hit the warm surface.

you mean collide?

Yeah, he answered the radiation question with smart photons. I wonder if he is going to come up with smart molecules.
you have the smart photons, you say they will go from cold to warm. hahhahahahaahahahaha show us.

He isn't alone. jc456 idolizes him and even parrots his words. I'm sure SSDD respects jc a lot too.

JC is clueless. Sometimes JC says something that completely disagrees with SSDD's idiocy
and needs to have his face rubbed in the contradiction before he notices and reverts to agreeing.
post one

cooler object receives from the device net flow is toward the cold object through the sensor.

jc is beyond clueless.

If he was put on trial to defend his words he would be found not guilty on the grounds of diminished capacity. He lacks the intelligence to form intent.
and yet you believe in back radiation that has never been proven!! never. I'm still waiting for that observation. just post it once.

and yet you believe in back radiation that has never been proven!! never.

Radiation goes in all directions, all the time.
Why can't it go "back"?

post one

cooler object receives from the device net flow is toward the cold object through the sensor.

Isn’t what you think as mentioned before! LOL derp

jc is beyond clueless.

Why can't it go "back"?
Prove it

post one

You said, "net flow".

SSDD says no such thing.

jc is beyond clueless.

Why can't it go "back"?
Prove it

Electromagnetic radiation is a form of energy emitted by all matter above absolute zero temperature (0 Kelvin or -273° Celsius). X-rays, ultraviolet rays, visible light, infrared light, heat, microwaves, and radio and television waves are all examples of electromagnetic energy.

3. Electromagnetic Spectrum | The Nature of Geographic Information

post one

You said, "net flow".

SSDD says no such thing.
Sorry but net flow was explained . Thanks

post one

Post observed

post one

You said, "net flow".

SSDD says no such thing.
Sorry but net flow was explained . Thanks

I agree.
SSDD doesn't. You're welcome.

Forum List

Back