Quintessential Establishment Republican, Paul Ryan, just elected Speaker

When Ryan was the VP nominee everyone touted how skilled he was. Now he is considered the bad guy.
Unlike most here I will wait to see how he does his job as speaker before I judge.

He's fucked....because he's interested in getting things done.

That makes him too 'impure' to ever satisfy the pup tent republicans.
Passing laws/bills is not getting things done, it's lessening our freedoms...

So a legislature isn't supposed to legislate?

See, this is why fringe right republicans are so awful at governance: they don't believe in it. And not believing in it, they never learn how to do so competently.

When Ryan was the VP nominee everyone touted how skilled he was. Now he is considered the bad guy.
Unlike most here I will wait to see how he does his job as speaker before I judge.

See, this is why fringe right republicans are so awful at governance: they don't believe in it. And not believing in it, they never learn how to do so competently.
Simplify life by getting rid of frivolity is what they should be doing... Instead of adding frivolity...

Simplify life by getting rid of frivolity is what they should be doing... Instead of adding frivolity...

Or you could possibly be more uselessly vague by vaguely vaguing to added vagueolity.

He has a very tough job in front of him and I wish him the best.
Boehner was a disaster, one can only hope Ryan doesn't follow in his footsteps.
Boehner wasn't the problem, the anti-freedom caucus was the problem - and it still is, regardless who is Speaker.

Then stop electing democrats into office and you wont have an anti freedom caucus

You do realize we didn't like Boehner because he didn't do anything right?

Or you could possibly be more uselessly vague by vaguely vaguing to added vagueolity.
Sound like progressive thinking...

You do realize we didn't like Boehner because he didn't do anything right?

I always heard it was because Boehner was willing to come to compromises with Obama and the democrats rather than defaulting on our national debt and shutting down the federal government.

Unless it doesn't.....

Unless it doesn't.....
Deflection noted

Unless it doesn't.....
Deflection noted

Frivolity noted.

Unless it doesn't.....
Deflection noted

Frivolity noted.
Spoken like a true blue progressive...

Well Paul Ryan will most likely get stuff done. He will get things done while the rabid fringers whine about how he is the Anti-Christ. In the end the right man is at the helm, and the Tea Party is going to hate it daily!!!

Well Paul Ryan will most likely get stuff done. He will get things done while the rabid fringers whine about how he is the Anti-Christ. In the end the right man is at the helm, and the Tea Party is going to hate it daily!!!

We'll see. He's a practical, thoughtful wonk. But a pretty extreme one in terms of what he wants to do. But he does actually believe in governance. Which puts him heads and shoulders above the 'Freedom Caucus'.

Moderates are never for anything but saving their cushy job...

Moderates are never for anything but saving their cushy job...

Unless they're for practical governance and a balanced approach.

Forum List

Back