Quote for the day

"Ain't but three things in this world that's worth a solitary dime,
But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.
"

He said, "Women think about themselves, when men-folk ain't around.
And friends are hard to find when they discover that you're down."
He said, "I tried it all when I was young and in my natural prime,
Now it's old dogs and children and watermelon wine."

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes.
God bless little children while they're still to young to hate."
When he moved away I found my pen and copied down that line
About old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

- Heard by song-writer, Tom T. Hall, from "an old gray, black gentleman cleaning up the bar."

Attachments

• $wyp.jpg
    $wyp.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 16
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars"~Khalil Gibran

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority.... There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." 
~~ Daniel Webster

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it." ~~ H. L. Mencken

The person worth listening to is often the quietest person.-----Japanese proverb

"One day, long after I am gone, you will remember me and say we should have stopped the nuclear program of Israel, abolished the Federal Reserve and kicked all secret societies, occultists, usurpers and Zionists out of our wonderful country, to keep it that way, but it is never too late. Just remember that!" ~ John F. Kennedy

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.​

~Kahlil Gibran, Sand and Foam​

Talking+tree.bmp

“An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted”---Arthur Miller

Sex is full of lies. The body tries to tell the truth. But, it's usually too battered with rules to be heard, and bound with pretenses so it can hardly move. We cripple ourselves with lies.
~ Jim Morrison

Forum List

Back