Racial profiling OK? Then so is what the IRS did.

The IRS Was Dead Right To Scrutinize Tea Party

In castigating government as the root of all evil while portraying taxation as a form of tyranny, the Tea Party is no less than a mass celebration of the evasion of the basic responsibilities of American citizenship. Common sense alone tells you that people drawn to its ranks may feel extra temptation to find ways to limit what they surrender to the rogue federal bureaucrats who have supposedly seized the nation.

Like any institution, the agency has limited resources at its disposal. The notion that everyone ought to be treated the same, with auditing powers sprayed around like a lawn sprinkler, is ridiculous. Cops concentrate patrols in high-crime areas. And while we properly decry racial profiling and odious tactics like New York City's Stop and Frisk campaign -- through which people are subject to police pat-downs for no other reason than their being black and male -- no one would criticize the police for keeping an eye on people who are openly encouraging criminal behavior.

Which gets us back to the Tea Party. Here is a group that has made no effort to hide its contempt for the very institution of taxation. This is what it says on the website of the Cincinnati Tea Party: "Individuals need to have a direct connection between their efforts and the fruits of their labor. This is the magical spark that has led the United States from a loosely conglomerated political experiment into the most exceptional, strongest and most powerful nation on earth. Too many taxes and regulations ultimately serve to snuff out that spark."

The Tea Party stands for many things, but a big part of its message is that sending money to Washington amounts to the perpetuation of a dangerous welfare state that's intent on turning America into a helpless land where our lone skill is filling out the forms to go on the dole.

Isn't it reasonable to assume that people who hold such beliefs might feel additional motivation to pursue grey areas and loopholes at tax time? Wouldn't the people who oversee federal coffers have been derelict had they not at least had a good look?

None of which justifies shortcuts in terms of due process or basic civil liberties. We live in a free society, and people can congregate and propagate and opine as they like. People should be able to vote how they choose and encourage others to do the same, while feeling secure that they will not suffer reprisals at work or under the law.

This scandal does not stem from the IRS actually levying action that contravenes the law. It's simply about whom the IRS decided to scrutinize. And the IRS had abundant reason to look carefully at the applications for tax exempt status sent in by people who are prone to portray taxes as something as base as slavery.

Whole Op-Ed

Fascist fuckwad.

Bfgrn is a "fascist fuckwad" for quoting this particular Op-Ed piece? You did think that one out, right?

When it comes to a comparison between the Obama administration and the Tea Party, the only "fascist fuckwads" I see belong to the Tea Party, not the current administration. Hence, I think your diatribe here may be misplaced.

However, having said that, let me say this - IF the motivation for the IRS "scrutinizing" the Tea Party was as stated in the OP op-ed piece, then I don't have any trouble with it. However, if the motivation was more political than a genuine concentration of investigation based on liklihood of actual tax evasion going on, then that's another matter. Obviously, the op-ed piece assumes the latter.

I doubt that we will ever know the true reason behind the IRS's motivation in this case.
I've got 4 words for you .............Susan Hall Ingram ...........idiot ...:doubt:

I don't believe you would ever post a fact.

You never have yet.

That is all I post. And you have never been able to disprove any of the facts I post.

Your post insisting that you explained why affirmative action is not racial profiling was not factual, so this post is a lie.

PROVE IT...provide a definition of racial profiling that includes positive actions like Affirmative Action...start Googling pea brain...

Fascist fuckwad.

Bfgrn is a "fascist fuckwad" for quoting this particular Op-Ed piece? You did think that one out, right?

When it comes to a comparison between the Obama administration and the Tea Party, the only "fascist fuckwads" I see belong to the Tea Party, not the current administration. Hence, I think your diatribe here may be misplaced.

However, having said that, let me say this - IF the motivation for the IRS "scrutinizing" the Tea Party was as stated in the OP op-ed piece, then I don't have any trouble with it. However, if the motivation was more political than a genuine concentration of investigation based on liklihood of actual tax evasion going on, then that's another matter. Obviously, the op-ed piece assumes the latter.

I doubt that we will ever know the true reason behind the IRS's motivation in this case.
I've got 4 words for you .............Susan Hall Ingram ...........idiot ...:doubt:

I have one word for you...Sarah

Yup, not giving you a dubious tax deduction for the Tea Party Group you started in your basement after listening to Glen Beck is EXACTLY the same as Pol Pot. Absolutely.

Frankly, that tax deduction is for groups doing good works... not for whack groups trying to hide donors and avoid paying their fair share of taxes.

501 (c) (4) donations are not tax deductible.

Look it up!

That is all I post. And you have never been able to disprove any of the facts I post.

Your post insisting that you explained why affirmative action is not racial profiling was not factual, so this post is a lie.

PROVE IT...provide a definition of racial profiling that includes positive actions like Affirmative Action...start Googling pea brain...

You are the one that is trying to argue that the IRS activities were justified by racial profiling, why do I have to prove that you lied?

Yup, not giving you a dubious tax deduction for the Tea Party Group you started in your basement after listening to Glen Beck is EXACTLY the same as Pol Pot. Absolutely.

Frankly, that tax deduction is for groups doing good works... not for whack groups trying to hide donors and avoid paying their fair share of taxes.

Look it up!

You are trying to confuse the issue with facts, JoeB doesn't do facts.

You are the one that is trying to argue that the IRS activities were justified by racial profiling, why do I have to prove that you lied?

Hey pea brain, YOU are the one who brought Affirmative Action into the conversation. YOU are the one who claims Affirmative Action is racial profiling. PROVE IT. Provide a definition of racial profiling that includes positive actions like Affirmative Action. There are plenty of on-line dictionaries, encyclopedias etc.

GET GOING pea brain. Google your little ass off.

And try real hard to follow along and stop trying to squirm away by changing the topic.

This is why we need to get rid of the IRS

Totally

Gone

Finished

No, the IRS does EXACTLY what it is supposed to do. It gets people to pay the taxes they are supposed to pay.

In this case, it was overwealmed by a lot of grifters trying to pass themselves off as charities and took a short cut they probably shouldn't have taken, because it was politically incorrect.

While any group calling itself "Tea Party" (People so dumb they called themselves "Teabaggers" until they realized that was a gay sex phrase) is almost always a scam to separate less smart people from their money, the IRS probably shouldn't have used that criteria because it would cause exactly this kind of mess.

And they were told to not do it by their superiors, but some low-level guys just decided to keep doing it on the sly.

Look it up!

You are trying to confuse the issue with facts, JoeB doesn't do facts.

Quantum Blowhard doesn't do his medications... even though his doctors told him to.

Just remember folks, this is the agency that your Dear Leader put in charge of policing your OBAMACARE..

Doesn't it make you fweel all warm and fuzzy knowing THAT?

people tried to warn you, but you voted for it by re-electing this THUG administration with the dear leader thug Obama as their leader

Last edited:

Totally

Gone

Finished

No, the IRS does EXACTLY what it is supposed to do. It gets people to pay the taxes they are supposed to pay.

In this case, it was overwealmed by a lot of grifters trying to pass themselves off as charities and took a short cut they probably shouldn't have taken, because it was politically incorrect.

While any group calling itself "Tea Party" (People so dumb they called themselves "Teabaggers" until they realized that was a gay sex phrase) is almost always a scam to separate less smart people from their money, the IRS probably shouldn't have used that criteria because it would cause exactly this kind of mess.

And they were told to not do it by their superiors, but some low-level guys just decided to keep doing it on the sly.

Know all about 'tea bagging' do ya now. So, how's the shrimp boating these days?

Hey pea brain, YOU are the one who brought Affirmative Action into the conversation. YOU are the one who claims Affirmative Action is racial profiling. PROVE IT. Provide a definition of racial profiling that includes positive actions like Affirmative Action. There are plenty of on-line dictionaries, encyclopedias etc.

And try real hard to follow along and stop trying to squirm away by changing the topic.

I did not bring Affirmative Action into the picture, I never heard of a company with that name, I mentioned affirmative action. Or is the real problem here that you do not know how to use capitals, and just insert them randomly into your posts?

Totally

Gone

Finished

If that was all it did you would not have to expose yourself as a fascist fuckwad in order to defend it.

I did not bring Affirmative Action into the picture, I never heard of a company with that name, I mentioned affirmative action. Or is the real problem here that you do not know how to use capitals, and just insert them randomly into your posts?

WOW, you are sinking to a new low, even for someone as dishonest, spineless and scummy as you.

Forum List

Back