Racist groups vs Free Speech, i've converted...

599751062700003600d4fc24.jpeg

Trump Divided The Nation After Tragedy Struck. His Predecessors Chose To Inspire

Trump has done the opposite!

How funny is it to hear rightwing bigots of various stripes demanding their constitutional right to oppose constitutional rights?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Right here is the problem, everyone who disagrees with the left is a bigot, racist or what ever, they have to be demonized and dehumanized to justify the hate coming form the left, while they attempt to claim some moral high ground. The reality is this poster and many others are nothing but Alinksy acolytes who wish to destroy the very fabric of the country.

Not all Conservatives or even alt-right people are considered racists or bigots by the left. Lot's of their views are respected if not agreed with. Economic populism, anti free trade are a few.

The fact that these people have allowed themselves to become associated with groups that profess extremely un-American views is their won fault.

If you consider the KKK and NAZIS to be part of the 'fabric of this country', then yes, we definitely want to destroy that fabric.

You want to destroy a thought, idea, or belief? Good luck with that.

While I have no room for White Nationalists, or their ilk, they have the same rights as everyone else. Same for the LGBT or BLM, etc. They all have the right to peacefully (the keyword here) assemble as anybody else. Nobody has the right to prevent free speech through violence. You defeat the above mentioned groups through civil debate and ideas.

BTW, I just saw that to Boston protests were "largely" (whatever that really means) peaceful. Good on both groups!

How funny is it to hear rightwing bigots of various stripes demanding their constitutional right to oppose constitutional rights?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Right here is the problem, everyone who disagrees with the left is a bigot, racist or what ever, they have to be demonized and dehumanized to justify the hate coming form the left, while they attempt to claim some moral high ground. The reality is this poster and many others are nothing but Alinksy acolytes who wish to destroy the very fabric of the country.

Bovine excrement! Nothing but an ad hominem and a red herring to make us the bad guys who want to destroy the country. Think about that shit for a minute !

It's a shame you lack the ability to see the facts that are right in front of you. I guess you agree with your comrades broad brushing people who disagree with his goals as bigots.

"Yeah, I'm all about freedom of speech n' stuff, as long as it doesn't offend me, if I don't like the way it's said, or if I think it should offend someone else, or if I just don't like it in general."

What the fuck. What happened to this country?

Did you not learn about the Declaration of Independence or enlightenment philosophy in school?

It seems that where this country went wrong is that too many Americans forgot the basic principals that this country was founded upon.

Those who oppose those principals are un-American and void their rights under those principals.
Lovely. So do you agree with me or not?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not all Conservatives or even alt-right people are considered racists or bigots by the left. Lot's of their views are respected if not agreed with. Economic populism, anti free trade are a few.

The fact that these people have allowed themselves to become associated with groups that profess extremely un-American views is their won fault.

If you consider the KKK and NAZIS to be part of the 'fabric of this country', then yes, we definitely want to destroy that fabric.
Here's some more 'fabric' we'd like to destroy.....

Leading U.S. Progressive Organizations

"Yeah, I'm all about freedom of speech n' stuff, as long as it doesn't offend me, if I don't like the way it's said, or if I think it should offend someone else, or if I just don't like it in general."

Did you not learn about the Declaration of Independence or enlightenment philosophy in school?

It seems that where this country went wrong is that too many Americans forgot the basic principals that this country was founded upon.

Those who oppose those principals are un-American and void their rights under those principals.
"Those who oppose those principals are un-American and void their rights under those principals."

And by the way, where is this rule written, please?

It's been a crazy week and i've engaged in many heated discussions about the events of Charlottesville. I have to admit that i've been greatly conflicted about my anti-racist feelings and my support of free speech. I flirted dangerously close in many discussions to promoting the shutdown of speech for white supremacist groups. I saw them as threats, conveyers of hate speech and given their history which has resulted in millions of deaths I was ok with suppressing their speech and shutting down their causes by whatever means necessary. But, I've had a change of heart.

I think we can be smarter than that and not empower these assholes to strip us of our freedoms. It is a slippery slope once you start suppressing speech. We have legal censorship in a variety of areas which i'm fine with, but shutting down groups from holding rallies, having websites and protesting is only going to lead to bad things. Note that I in no way support any provocation of violence or destruction resulting from rallies or protests. If that happens then shut them down immediately and make arrests.

I would promote fighting these douchebags by ignoring them and minimizing them in a SMART way. Don't lower yourself to fight with them and fuel their cause. Take away their statues and flags that empower them in public forums and show them that our communities outright reject their hateful views. Or construct monuments and statues of civil rights leaders next to the confederate statues and tell the story about how we prevailed and fought agains their hate, and WE WON. Ignore their rallies and don't give them the exposure or attention that they crave. Speak louder and stronger for equality.

I still think that the Presidents comments that minimized the ugliness of the Nazi's and White Supremacists were wildly inappropriate. He tried to spread the blame to the left for the anti-protests and it deluded his message of condemnation that should have been crystal clear in opposition of the hate groups. He should have spread the message in a better way to fight against it. I don't want to relitigate Trumps actions in this OP but I did want to share my change of opinion and open up a discussion about productive ways to move forward that combats the hate and preserves our right of free speech.

Racists have a right to free speech - but they need to once again be subdued and pushed back into their peckerwood holes.

‘MAKE RACISTS AFRAID AGAIN’
It is absolutely incredible what is happening in this country. I never thought we would ever see magazine covers like that about our POTUS. He seems unphased... It really is unbelievable

And I'm not sure what to make of it. Given Trump's past, none of his actions are surprising. I'd like to chalk this up to Hillary being so bad, and our allowing illegal immigrants to be here is a bad joke, but it's hard not to notice a nativist/xenophobic strain to wanted to lower the number of skilled workers we take in.

Hillary wasn't "so bad". I think she would have made a fine president. I would have much preferred stability over chaos.

She was corrupt and had way too much ethical baggage. Comptent, that she was. Biden wouldn't have lost the rustbelt voters. It's hard for either party to win three in a row. But Trump was as weak as was Duckass after the Gary Hart meltdown

"Those who oppose those principals are un-American and void their rights under those principals."

Specifically in 'the Rights of Man and of the Citizen'. But the idea that anyone's rights are limited to the point that infringe upon the rights of another is a well accepted concept in American philosophy and law. Preaching the infringment of other peoples rights should equally be considered to unaccepted.

Specifically in 'the Rights of Man and of the Citizen'. But the idea that anyone's rights are limited to the point that infringe upon the rights of another is a well accepted concept in American philosophy and law. Preaching the infringment of other peoples rights should equally be considered to unaccepted.
Ah, so you disagreed with the college students who impeded Ann Coulter's right to speak.

When people publicly profess idea which are clearly contradictory to the most fundamental founding principals of America, it should be considered sedition.

Especially when they are members or allies with a political organization which has engaged in promoting the destruction of the U.S. government and has engaged in genocide (i.e. the KKK and NAZIs)

Many people considered to be Alt-Right do not engage in promoting these ideas, but they should be careful to not be associated with these groups.

You mean folks like the CPUSA that just love endorsing commiecrats? According to regressives anyone who wants to see our laws enforced are Alt Right and part of a hate group. BTW violently suppressing free speech goes against our founding principles.

The CPUSA has been illegal since the 1950s. They are seditious without a doubt.

Progressives support enforcing the laws of this country except when those laws violate the founding principals.

Free speech is not an unlimited right. Suppressing groups that profess sedition is justified.

Illegal since the 50s, funny how they keep endorsing the candidates on your side every election. Exactly what laws do you consider as violating the founding principles? And what's your opinion on the sedition coming from your side trying to undermine a duly elected government?

It's been a crazy week and i've engaged in many heated discussions about the events of Charlottesville. I have to admit that i've been greatly conflicted about my anti-racist feelings and my support of free speech. I flirted dangerously close in many discussions to promoting the shutdown of speech for white supremacist groups. I saw them as threats, conveyers of hate speech and given their history which has resulted in millions of deaths I was ok with suppressing their speech and shutting down their causes by whatever means necessary. But, I've had a change of heart.

I think we can be smarter than that and not empower these assholes to strip us of our freedoms. It is a slippery slope once you start suppressing speech. We have legal censorship in a variety of areas which i'm fine with, but shutting down groups from holding rallies, having websites and protesting is only going to lead to bad things. Note that I in no way support any provocation of violence or destruction resulting from rallies or protests. If that happens then shut them down immediately and make arrests.

I would promote fighting these douchebags by ignoring them and minimizing them in a SMART way. Don't lower yourself to fight with them and fuel their cause. Take away their statues and flags that empower them in public forums and show them that our communities outright reject their hateful views. Or construct monuments and statues of civil rights leaders next to the confederate statues and tell the story about how we prevailed and fought agains their hate, and WE WON. Ignore their rallies and don't give them the exposure or attention that they crave. Speak louder and stronger for equality.

I still think that the Presidents comments that minimized the ugliness of the Nazi's and White Supremacists were wildly inappropriate. He tried to spread the blame to the left for the anti-protests and it deluded his message of condemnation that should have been crystal clear in opposition of the hate groups. He should have spread the message in a better way to fight against it. I don't want to relitigate Trumps actions in this OP but I did want to share my change of opinion and open up a discussion about productive ways to move forward that combats the hate and preserves our right of free speech.

Racists have a right to free speech - but they need to once again be subdued and pushed back into their peckerwood holes.

DHdkScDVYAAjuPy.jpg

DHdkScBUAAExw01.jpg

DHdkTMqVwAA0zGk.jpg
hyperbole bs.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He dumb ass, you're making assumptions that I'm in any way associated with those retards. Standing up for the free speech rights of all Americans is not associating with anything but our laws and Constitution and your claiming otherwise makes you part of the problem.

Go look up the definition of the word 'if'.

Otherwise learn to read.

DHdkScDVYAAjuPy.jpg

DHdkScBUAAExw01.jpg

DHdkTMqVwAA0zGk.jpg

So you're in favor of allowing ANTIFA and BLM to assault people?

It is absolutely incredible what is happening in this country. I never thought we would ever see magazine covers like that about our POTUS. He seems unphased... It really is unbelievable

I agree. I'm almost 71 and I've never seen anything like it. Trump is the first blatantly and dangerously racist president in my lifetime so far.
Apparently you're suffering from Dimentia. That's one reason why no one over 65 should be allowed to vote.

Forum List

Back