Racists

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
What makes/causes people to hold racist views ?

What makes them feel superior just based on the colour of their skin ?

Family,peer pressure,lack of education ?

Lack of success or a bad experience ?

Are other races the scapegoats for your failures ?

How do people get to this stage in their development ?

And what can be done about it ?

My own view is that it could be a combination of any of these things. I also think that economic depression amplifies hate in many. It tends to keep a low profile when times are good.

What can be done about it ?

Education is the only real way forward but some sanctions are needed when people are being offensive.

There are a lot of racists on this board. Some deny it but some are comfortable with that label. Be interesting to find out what triggered their racism.

Sometimes i think "racism" is natural. People cling to what they know and who they are like.
I mean, racism is thousands of years old. Obviously not the term, but the concept.
Just my two cents

Last edited:

My own view is that it could be a combination of any of these things. I also think that economic depression amplifies hate in many. It tends to keep a low profile when times are good.

Education is the only real way forward but some sanctions are needed when people are being offensive.

There are a lot of racists on this board. Some deny it but some are comfortable with that label. Be interesting to find out what triggered their racism.

Funny thing is you see racism in everything those unlike you...

Reflect on your treatment of others before preaching about the racist way of the world because I damn well know you are not perfect...

Sometimes i think "racism" is natural. People cling to what they know and who they are like.
I mean, racism is thousands of years old.
Just my two cents

Racism is natural the same way that selfishness and greed are natural. Most overcome those things when they learn there are wider purposes than just what they want. A child is perfectly natural to grab toys and not want anyone else to play with them. Only after they begin to learn that others have rights that need to be respected do they learn to share. I'm not sure I explained that in the best way, but hopefully you get the idea.

Tommy, how would you go about sanctioning those who are offensive?

In my early 20s I ran a restaurant and had a racist customer.
He wanted me to turn off the Bob Marley tape because he didnt like "f*ckin kaffir music".
So I kicked him out.
His behaviour was unacceptable and we didnt need his business.

I mean, racism is thousands of years old. Obviously not the term, but the concept.
Just my two cents
You would certainly see that in post war Britain. Not so much these days.

He wanted me to turn off the Bob Marley tape because he didnt like "f*ckin kaffir music".
So I kicked him out.

And that is your right to do so.

They say they are racist because their ancestors used to be slaves

So I kicked him out.
Interesting. Some managers would have handled it differently. In other words, there is a time and a place and a way to school other people. I would have been inclined to tell the customer, sorry, there's always gonna be music somebody doesn't like. Sir, the next track is non kaffir.

I'm guessing you didn't have a long career in customer service.

I mean, racism is thousands of years old.
Just my two cents

Racism is natural the same way that selfishness and greed are natural. Most overcome those things when they learn there are wider purposes than just what they want. A child is perfectly natural to grab toys and not want anyone else to play with them. Only after they begin to learn that others have rights that need to be respected do they learn to share. I'm not sure I explained that in the best way, but hopefully you get the idea.
No, you did fine. I understand why you think that. I really only think that because i know hating on people because of the color of the skin is an ancient mentality. Going back thousands of years.

So I kicked him out.
Interesting. Some managers would have handled it differently. In other words, there is a time and a place and a way to school other people. I would have been inclined to tell the customer, sorry, there's always gonna be music somebody doesn't like. Sir, the next track is non kaffir.

lol, dude, customer service in the UK does NOT mean the same thing as it does in the USA. You haven't traveled much, have you?

One word is all you need to know about racism....

LIBERALISM.

IF there were no liberals in the world, the words of Martin Luther King Jr would be followed. Judge not a man by the color of ones skin, but by the content of his character. The left can only use identity politics to advance their Marxist agenda, and NORMAL, US citizens rejected that premise, by not voting for 4 more years of Obama, which is why President Trump is in office. The more the left goes on their racist tirades, the more those people move to the right.

So I kicked him out.

lol, dude, customer service in the UK does NOT mean the same thing as it does in the USA. You haven't traveled much, have you?
Maybe racist doesn't mean the same thing in the UK as in the USA either. You don't have a point. Do ya, dude?

Just my two cents
You would certainly see that in post war Britain. Not so much these days.

It is still there.
It is but a lot less.
Back in the 60s the Tories ran an election campaign with the slogan

If you want a ******
For a neighbour
Vote Labour

It was mainstream. We had a tv show called Till Death Us Do Part. The lead character was an awful bigot who hated everyone. He was supposed to be repulsive but he became a sort of national "hero" for some. I think it was made into Archie Bunker in the US.
Now its around the fringes and only rarely gets oxygen. The Net is probably the only place you will see it.
First it was the Jews,then it was the Irish, then it was West Indians,then it was Eastern Europeans and now its the Muslims.

Still a way to go.

Less than 10% of slaves landed in North America. So why was there a race problem in America and not everywhere else?

Because in 1664 Maryland passed the first British colonial law banning marriage between whites and slaves -- a law that, among other things, orders the enslavement of white women who have married black men. And in 1691 the Commonwealth of Virginia banned all interracial marriages. These laws spread to every colony and set us on the course of racial division.

Everywhere else in the world the races were allowed to mix and they were assimilated.

So I kicked him out.

Why would I facilitate his attitude ?
He actually had the cheek to phone in a complaint to our Head Office and was told to "F*ck off".

So I kicked him out.

Why would I facilitate his attitude ?
He actually had the cheek to phone in a complaint to our Head Office and was told to "F*ck off".
Part of your job was to put up with crap from customers. Just wondering. Have you corrected people who offend you in other times and places? The example you gave, is from thirty some years ago, right? Surely you haven't taken up facilitating since your restaurant stint.

Forum List

Back