Rahm Emanuel: Slashes 1/6 of Chicago PD's budget!!! Umm...how does that help crime?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Rahm Emanuel Pushes Police Budget Cuts Despite Campaign Pledge To Add Cops

Rahm Emanuel has directed the new Chicago Police Dept Chief to slash his budget by a full 1/6th! Ummm.....how is that gonna help stop the insane crime? A few points the Chicago PD made:

- They have to train....to you know, be trained and effective. And patrol the streets, but have fewer people to do so. So, Chicago PD had been bringing officers in on their day off for training, and paying them overtime. But now there is no overtime. So- they ask- how to you bring a guy in on his day off, but not pay him? You cant. So you bring him into training on his work day, but then, thats another man not on the streets. SO.....WTF?

- One Chicago PD officer, speaking of overtime, says "You dont just stop a murder investigation, say 'sorry victim's family, my shift's over'." And he is right. Murder detectives, like everyone who watches the First 48 knows, have 48 hours to make an arrest, or the chances of an arrest plummet. BUT, how do you work overtime, and not get paid? You CANT. Even if the cops volunteered their time, labor laws now force them to go home because some disgruntled cops in the past have sued for back pay and won, so they can get in trouble for overtime (BTW, this is a common thing in the private sector. Target and WalMart, for example, will fire an employee for working off the clock). So, what do you tell the parent of a missing child or murder victim? "Sorry ma'am, my shift just ended. I'll be back in 16 hours to start searching again. Until then....here is a Kleenex."

We better either figure out where we are gonna prioritize law enforcement, or, arm ourselves and accept the difficulties that are going to be a reality in our new fiscally stingy times.

dear me, in our fiscally stingy times..

how funny the rest of us have to tighten our belts, makes cuts in our budget, give up things for our family, but these government workers just can't seem to manage it..

someone said something about a kleenex?

Rahm Emanuel has directed the new Chicago Police Dept Chief to slash his budget by a full 1/6th! Ummm.....how is that gonna help stop the insane crime? A few points the Chicago PD made:

- They have to train....to you know, be trained and effective. And patrol the streets, but have fewer people to do so. So, Chicago PD had been bringing officers in on their day off for training, and paying them overtime. But now there is no overtime. So- they ask- how to you bring a guy in on his day off, but not pay him? You cant. So you bring him into training on his work day, but then, thats another man not on the streets. SO.....WTF?

- One Chicago PD officer, speaking of overtime, says "You dont just stop a murder investigation, say 'sorry victim's family, my shift's over'." And he is right. Murder detectives, like everyone who watches the First 48 knows, have 48 hours to make an arrest, or the chances of an arrest plummet. BUT, how do you work overtime, and not get paid? You CANT. Even if the cops volunteered their time, labor laws now force them to go home because some disgruntled cops in the past have sued for back pay and won, so they can get in trouble for overtime (BTW, this is a common thing in the private sector. Target and WalMart, for example, will fire an employee for working off the clock). So, what do you tell the parent of a missing child or murder victim? "Sorry ma'am, my shift just ended. I'll be back in 16 hours to start searching again. Until then....here is a Kleenex."

We better either figure out where we are gonna prioritize law enforcement, or, arm ourselves and accept the difficulties that are going to be a reality in our new fiscally stingy times.

It's okay, they have those strict gun laws. Some of the most strict in the nation. They'll be fine...

I am sure that he looked everywhere in the City Budget that was the only bloat he could fine.

It's better to pay the bloated pension of retirees because they can always move.

Look at Detroit for example of how Dems remodel cities into their image

Hahaha! State Leader Immanuel is using classic Soviet takeover methods.

First, pass laws restricting ownership of weapons saying that Law Enforcement is all you need and fewer guns means less violence.

Then as crime increases pass MORE laws restricting Citizens but NOT the criminals like Curfew Laws, Alcohol Sales Days and hammer them with Street Light Ticket Cameras.

Then when it get really bad, cut Emergency Services as a punishment for the people who complain. This way when the rioting starts, the people will be BEGGING for the Government (on any level) to "rescue" them!

Government will roll in with even tighter controls and before you know it, you live in Soviet style Police State!

Eees perfect plan no? :lol:

As long as Americans are busy with distractions like Sports, Hollywood and iPhone they will NEVER see it coming!

I hope Rahm is not serious in his intentions to run for Prez or Illinois Governor in 2016. The issue of crime alone will get him beaten to a bloody pulp.

It's okay, they have those strict gun laws. Some of the most strict in the nation. They'll be fine...

Maybe he could empty all of the prisons too, like Obama..........and Saddam Hussein.

Hahaha! State Leader Immanuel is using classic Soviet takeover methods.

First, pass laws restricting ownership of weapons saying that Law Enforcement is all you need and fewer guns means less violence.

Then as crime increases pass MORE laws restricting Citizens but NOT the criminals like Curfew Laws, Alcohol Sales Days and hammer them with Street Light Ticket Cameras.

Then when it get really bad, cut Emergency Services as a punishment for the people who complain. This way when the rioting starts, the people will be BEGGING for the Government (on any level) to "rescue" them!

Government will roll in with even tighter controls and before you know it, you live in Soviet style Police State!

Eees perfect plan no? :lol:

As long as Americans are busy with distractions like Sports, Hollywood and iPhone they will NEVER see it coming!

It is a perfect plan that has never failed.

All of the criminals in Chicago are going to take a page right out of Rahm's book: "Never let a crisis go to waste".

I hope Rahm is not serious in his intentions to run for Prez or Illinois Governor in 2016. The issue of crime alone will get him beaten to a bloody pulp.

Not necessarily.

Those whose lives are saturated and guided by violence, racist rap "music", illegitimate babies, abortion, food stamps, "goddamn America" style sermons, freeloading and demands for restitution for slavery, almost 150 years after it was abolished (by a REPUBLICAN President), those who still cry racism with a black man in the White House (re-elected by a country that is still - but barely - is still predominantly white), will always, blindly vote for everyone with a "(D)" after their name, not because they actually could read the letter "D" but because they were told to vote Democrat by their mostly white masters.

So, Rahm Emmanuel is safe. If Obama could be President, so could he.

Forum List

Back