Raise awareness on the privatization of water!

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Water is an incredibly important resource to everyone. Strangely the laws within the US vary widely as to who has the right to water and why. There are strong moral obligations here and with the climate changing water usage rights will become more important as time goes on. This needs to enter further into the public view before things are decided by large corporations that have monetary gains as a primary goal. The most immediate example of this is the monopolization of water by Nestle in Cabazon, California.
water-privatization_web.jpg

Cabazon water, the Morongo Indian reservation, so we are proposing taking more from the Indians?

I think a better thread would be, why is California using Aquifer water for Solar Power, how much sense does that make? Solar Power is dependent on increased water use, in deserts.

Brilliant.

But for the Democrats its all about using as much of the Earth's resources as fast as possible, destroying everything they can from the environment to our lives, to save the Earth.

Thermal solar uses water for steam generation, as does coal, natural gas, and nuclear. PV solar needs only a bit once in a while for cleaning. Wind needs none at all. Does one need more proof of what an idiot Elektra is?

Privatation of water will continue. It is a resource, and an increasingly valuable one. Going to be major fights over this, worldwide.

Looks like Mama Nature has already done so. And done so for Oregon and Washington, also.

Thermal solar uses water for steam generation, as does coal, natural gas, and nuclear. PV solar needs only a bit once in a while for cleaning. Wind needs none at all. Does one need more proof of what an idiot Elektra is?
Your simplistic response is indicative your lack of understanding and knowledge in which you speak, old crock.

Thermal Solar? You mean CSP old crock?

Solar PV also uses millions of gallons of water, with very little return for such a precious resource that PV squanders.

Little things Old Crock does not even fathom comes into play, like the MILLIONS OF GALLONS A WEEK, PV consumes during construction which lasts years, takes a long time to cover square miles with PV, and as stated by all you supporters of PV, we will be building PV systems forever, it will never stop.

As far as cleaning goes, who knows, its so hard to get the truth out of the Solar Companies, with all the bankruptcies and difficulties getting financed its not surprising they are tight lipped.

How much water will it take to clean a 100 square miles of PV in the dusty deserts of California? How much water to clean a 1,000 square miles of PV in the dusty desert of California, my guess is again millions of gallons.

Of course to be technical, its measured in Acre Feet.

So how much is used Old Crock, beings how you are supporting this and claiming its a little bit of water, no more.

Water is an incredibly important resource to everyone. Strangely the laws within the US vary widely as to who has the right to water and why. There are strong moral obligations here and with the climate changing water usage rights will become more important as time goes on. This needs to enter further into the public view before things are decided by large corporations that have monetary gains as a primary goal. The most immediate example of this is the monopolization of water by Nestle in Cabazon, California.
water-privatization_web.jpg
Our "major corporations" control NOTHING -- even with water rights -- compared to government. Politicians anywhere can revoke the right to USE water by citing public interest/ownership. Corporations are wasting water. This is a deal of great concern.

Your simplistic response is indicative your lack of understanding and knowledge in which you speak, old crock.

Solar PV also uses millions of gallons of water, with very little return for such a precious resource that PV squanders.

Little things Old Crock does not even fathom comes into play, like the MILLIONS OF GALLONS A WEEK, PV consumes during construction which lasts years, takes a long time to cover square miles with PV, and as stated by all you supporters of PV, we will be building PV systems forever, it will never stop.

As far as cleaning goes, who knows, its so hard to get the truth out of the Solar Companies, with all the bankruptcies and difficulties getting financed its not surprising they are tight lipped.

How much water will it take to clean a 100 square miles of PV in the dusty deserts of California? How much water to clean a 1,000 square miles of PV in the dusty desert of California, my guess is again millions of gallons.

So how much is used Old Crock, beings how you are supporting this and claiming its a little bit of water, no more.
OK, Old gal, just explain to us how it takes millions of gallons of water to construct a PV solar site.

Looks like Mama Nature has already done so. And done so for Oregon and Washington, also.

Oh I think I have enough water for me.

The retards in Portland and Eugene may have to move, though.
Lady, if you are in Eastern Oregon, almost everything you get from the government, roads, schools, ect, comes from the taxes that we in Western Oregon pay. That is just a simple fact.

OK, Old gal, just explain to us how it takes millions of gallons of water to construct a PV solar site.
You do not read the Envuronmental Impact Statements? I was going to quote and post the one for Topaz Solar but I figured most people have seen the giant water trucks watering down construction sites to control the dust. Topaz is 9 square miles, took 3 years of construction, which is all stated in the final EIS, lots of water during a drought.

Cleaning, at the least would be done with an industrial type of windex, not simple water.

You do not read the Envuronmental Impact Statements? I was going to quote and post the one for Topaz Solar but I figured most people have seen the giant water trucks watering down construction sites to control the dust. Topaz is 9 square miles, took 3 years of construction, which is all stated in the final EIS, lots of water during a drought.

Cleaning, at the least would be done with an industrial type of windex, not simple water.
You were going to? Woulda, coulda, shoulda, doesn't cut it on the job, nor on replying to a post. Post the figures.

You were going to? Woulda, coulda, shoulda, doesn't cut it on the job, nor on replying to a post. Post the figures.
Thats right, exactly as you say, so lets go back to when you claimed your company was hiring and could not fill high dollar positions, old crock would not even name the company let alone link.

I could care less if you or anyone else believe the facts old crick, I use old cricks posts simply to show those 100's of users who read these posts how all the solar and wind propagandists have is a link to the solar and wind corporate lobbyists who are self promoting.

This thread is about nestle draining water during a drought in California, last I checked we as humans drink water to live, so how is it a problem that a corporation is giving us a product required for life. Further that water comes off the sovereign nation of the morongo Indians, yet here are these details mentioned, no, not at all. That is okay with old crick because this op is advocating for more government control.

Links, as if we can not find a link with the Liberal Google search engine its not true.

Solar uses billions of gallons of water, as the eis states, link to anything that states otherwise and you can bet your ass i physically have the pdf of the eis.

Lady, if you are in Eastern Oregon, almost everything you get from the government, roads, schools, ect, comes from the taxes that we in Western Oregon pay. That is just a simple fact.

Yes, but we are perfectly happy to do without that shit.

Go away, in other words. And don't take our water.

Yes, but we are perfectly happy to do without that shit.

Go away, in other words. And don't take our water.
Kosher, I have no problem at all in believing that you are perfectly happy doing without an education.

Forum List

Back