Ranch Riot!! Bundy Ranch Protesters Tasered by Federal Agent

CaféAuLait;8910774 said:

Woah, "the removal of the cattle will cost at least 3 MILLION dollars".

I doubt his entire heard of 500 cattle is still on the PUBLIC LAND, but even if they were all on PUBLIC LAND, how much is that to remove each cow? 6,000 dollars to remove each cow, ( if all 500 of his herd is on PUBLIC LAND).

yes this centers around Desert Tortoise Conservation Center which is set to close

this year for lack of funding

who threatened to sue BLM if they didnt act on the rancher

get this

conservation area has to euthanize hundreds of these turtles

Woah, what?

"euthanize hundreds of these turtles"

You got to be kidding me! Wow.

The whole thing is a joke IMO.

BLM decided they are going to charge the ranchers to assure the land is okay per head of cattle grazing.

Rancher says it public land I should not have to pay.

The land (600,000 acres) which is open to people allows anyone to come and camp for as long as they want, start camp fires, bring in ATVs, cars and horses to ride, their pets, horses and the humans can crap all over the land. They are allowed to hunt, fish, boat and a ton of other things and never have to pay a cent. 6 million people a year trample through Gold Butte and 500 cattle are supposed to do as much harm? Please.

Does the BLM really care about conservation of the land or are they harassing farmers as he alleges? Seems strange they don't charge the people to enter.

CaféAuLait;8910823 said:
CaféAuLait;8910774 said:
Woah, "the removal of the cattle will cost at least 3 MILLION dollars".

I doubt his entire heard of 500 cattle is still on the PUBLIC LAND, but even if they were all on PUBLIC LAND, how much is that to remove each cow? 6,000 dollars to remove each cow, ( if all 500 of his herd is on PUBLIC LAND).

yes this centers around Desert Tortoise Conservation Center which is set to close

this year for lack of funding

who threatened to sue BLM if they didnt act on the rancher

get this

conservation area has to euthanize hundreds of these turtles

Woah, what?

"euthanize hundreds of these turtles"

You got to be kidding me! Wow.

The whole thing is a joke IMO.

BLM decided they are going to charge the ranchers to assure the land is okay per head of cattle grazing.

Rancher says it public land I should not have to pay.

The land (600,000 acres) which is open to people allows anyone to come and camp for as long as they want, start camp fires, bring in ATVs, cars and horses to ride, their pets, horses and the humans can crap all over the land. They are allowed to hunt, fish, boat and a ton of other things and never have to pay a cent. 6 million people a year trample through Gold Butte and 500 cattle are supposed to do as much harm? Please.

Does the BLM really care about conservation of the land or are they harassing farmers as he alleges? Seems strange they don't charge the people to enter.

they just manage the land the county sheriff could tell BLM to buzz off and they

would have to leave

notice that just this year harry reid put forth a bill to make gold butte

a national conservation area

Actually a better idea would be for him to purchase the land. That way he is not free loading or putting people and animals in danger. He is not entitled to have his cattle there. Whats his problem?

he is not free loading free grazing has been happening ever sine we moved from the

east coast

his family has worked the land for over a hundred years

Does he have title to the land? If not he is free loading if he is using it for free. i dont care how long he has been free loading but without a doubt thats what it is.

He is using it for free just like the 6 million people each year who visit, camp, ride their horses and ATVs through the public lands, they hunt and fish and don't have to pay a dime. The BLM state the fee is to assure his 500 cattle don't harm the land. 6 million visitors to Gold Butte each year, along with their horses, cars, ATVs and animals will do a heck of a lot more damage IMO and they should be charged to assure the BLM can check any damage from their activities as well.

CaféAuLait;8910828 said:
he is not free loading free grazing has been happening ever sine we moved from the

east coast

Does he have title to the land? If not he is free loading if he is using it for free. i dont care how long he has been free loading but without a doubt thats what it is.

He is using it for free just like the 6 million people each year who visit, camp, ride their horses and ATVs through the public lands, they hunt and fish and don't have to pay a dime. The BLM state the fee is to assure his 500 cattle don't harm the land. 6 million visitors to Gold Butte each year, along with their horses, cars, ATVs and animals will do a heck of a lot more damage IMO and they should be charged to assure the BLM can check any damage from their activities as well.

some are saying they want the land freed up

to put in a solar plant

CaféAuLait;8910828 said:

east coast

So he is free loading. Is there anyone else grazing cattle on the land that did not have to leave? The dynamics of the cattle using the land may hold some specific impact the other people don't bring. Is there an environmental report to back up the BLM's claim?

CaféAuLait;8910828 said:

So he is free loading. Is there anyone else grazing cattle on the land that did not have to leave? The dynamics of the cattle using the land may hold some specific impact the other people don't bring. Is there an environmental report to back up the BLM's claim?

there are cattle and sheep ranchers all over the place

CaféAuLait;8910828 said:

there are cattle and sheep ranchers all over the place

But he is the only one being kicked off? Are the other ranchers paying the fee?

CaféAuLait;8910828 said:

I don't know if there is a study but this is from BLM website:

In managing rangeland ecosystems, the BLM conducts monitoring and rangeland health assessments to assess watershed function, ecological processes, water quality and habitats for native and threatened and endangered species.

Rangelands/Grazing Oregon/Washington BLM

I can't believe 6 million people trampling those lands, riding horses, ATVs, setting camp fires, etc. will be good for any of the above. The farmer is upset since they are public lands...

ETA, he is no more 'freeloading' than those people coming in hunting, fishing, camping and using the place as their hotel for as long as they please.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8910828 said:

east coast

Big Government cheerleaders like Asclepias are always going to side with the government, no matter what. Don't expect to be able to use reason and logic with him.

CaféAuLait;8910828 said:

So, you hate freeloaders?

You must really hate the welfare system.

they used helicopters to run the calves off from their mothers and away from water

and also prevented the rancher from attending to the cattle

there is a video of the helicopter in action

Why didnt the rancher just get his cattle off the land before this all happened? He is the blame for anyone or any animal getting hurt. What a prick.

a better idea is to take the lands back from federal management

Who owned the land before the feds? The Mexican government. It's been federal land since it became the Mexican Cession in th 1800s....You want to give it back to Mexico?

Why didnt the rancher just get his cattle off the land before this all happened? He is the blame for anyone or any animal getting hurt. What a prick.

a better idea is to take the lands back from federal management

Who owned the land before the feds? The Mexican government. It's been federal land since it became the Mexican Cession in th 1800s....You want to give it back to Mexico?

Ahhh what state are they in??

CaféAuLait;8910828 said:

So, you hate freeloaders?

You must really hate the welfare system.

No I dont hate anyone unless they are trying to harm me. What does this have to do with the welfare system? Get back on topic.

Fox has this on their front page, as does prolly every other rw outlet, inciting violence. The rancher is a deadbeat.

CaféAuLait;8910850 said:
CaféAuLait;8910828 said:

I don't know if there is a study but this is from BLM website:

In managing rangeland ecosystems, the BLM conducts monitoring and rangeland health assessments to assess watershed function, ecological processes, water quality and habitats for native and threatened and endangered species.

Rangelands/Grazing Oregon/Washington BLM

I can't believe 6 million people trampling those lands, riding horses, ATVs, setting camp fires, etc. will be good for any of the above. The farmer is upset since they are public lands...

ETA, he is no more 'freeloading' than those people coming in hunting, fishing, camping and using the place as their hotel for as long as they please.

If the other ranchers are paying their fee as required and he is not then he is free loading. I think this is at the root of the issue. He thinks he gets to dictate who pays and who doesn't if I understand this correctly. Since he doesn't set policy for the land and he doesn't own it he needs to take his cattle of the land.

CaféAuLait;8910731 said:
Yes, I read 138.

After some of the comments on there, I wonder why the officials are employing backhoes? Are they killing the cattle and burying them?

they used helicopters to run the calves off from their mothers and away from water

This really illustrates why we need to end welfare ranching.

Fox has this on their front page, as does prolly every other rw outlet, inciting violence. The rancher is a deadbeat.

Pretty much. He hasnt paid his fee since 1993? This dude is full of himself and feeling entitled.

BREAKING: Feds prep for Waco style raid of Bundy Ranch

Bundy stated to the media, “I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights… who is the trespasser here? Who is the trespasser on this land? Is the United States trespassing on Clark County, Nevada, land? Or is it Cliven Bundy who is trespassing on Clark County, Nevada, land? Who’s the trespasser?”

This really illustrates why we need to end welfare ranching.

It appears he was the only one receiving it. The other ranchers were paying their fees.

Forum List

Back