Rand Paul is Filibustering John Brennan

A few leaks of low-level information doesn't speak to the government's record. I wouldn't be surprised if they've got many secrets that would leave even the most jaded among us speechless.

Being Commander-in-Chief doesn't mean the President can do whatever he wants.

The government will propagandize the masses until they're under the impression it's the "right guy," whether it is or not.

Can you actually name someone the government has killed who wasn't either the right guy or they had damned good reason to think he was the right guy?

I think your problem is your paranoia assumes that politicians are some kind of sociopath who would just kill someone for shits and grins.

A few leaks of low-level information doesn't speak to the government's record. I wouldn't be surprised if they've got many secrets that would leave even the most jaded among us speechless.

The government will propagandize the masses until they're under the impression it's the "right guy," whether it is or not.

Can you actually name someone the government has killed who wasn't either the right guy or they had damned good reason to think he was the right guy?

I think your problem is your paranoia assumes that politicians are some kind of sociopath who would just kill someone for shits and grins.

Apparently just these current politicians.

Abdulrahman al-Awlaki.

I think the fact that the President claims the right to kill people means that it naturally attracts the type of person who wants to kill people. Whether they're sociopaths or not is another story.

HandsP20130309_low.jpg

Apparently just these current politicians.

Implying that I'm a partisan Republican. Try again.

Had to pull out the old race card didn't you as a last resort? It is the old stand by when the heat gets to hot on an issue, especially if a black person is involved in which you just used him for... Your sliding down a slope, so grab hold before you begin slobbering all over yourself with that early morning drink your having.

I'd like to note the hypocrisy of somebody whining about supposed racism after they've claimed it's ok to kill some people based only on their religious beliefs.

Where did I say that?

First, the Davidians killed themselves.

Secondly, they were in that shootout (where, once again, they killed themselves) with federal agents executing legal arrest warrants..

No, actually...the casualties in the attack were mostly (maybe all) blue-on-blue: federal agents shot each other. Look in the videos of the attack: there was no return fire!

Do you ever use that thing on your shoulders for anything but a hat rack?

Weaver and Koresh were given ample oppurtunities to turn themselves in and face the legal music.

They chose to commit suicide by cop instead. It's too bad they took a few innocent people down with them.

Fuck them.

No, another lie.

And note: Randy Weaver is alive and well. He faced ten charges...he was cleared on seven, the judge flat-out broomed two. He got probation for one. He did not appear to face charges because he was sent a notice with the wrong date on it. (Hearing was scheduled for 2/19/91; it was bumped to 2/20/91, but the notice sent was for 3/20/91.) He planned to turn himself in to US Marshals, but the US Attorney refused (he was grandstanding). The deputy director of the Marshals suggested simply dismissing, refiling, and arresting Weaver later...again, the US Attorney refused. SO, as per usual, you are totally wrong.

Well, Gee, I'm glad Nazi Weaver survived. I'm sorry he took his son and his wife down in the process of being a Nazi asshole.

Point is, he and his inbred brood shot at federal agents. All the hand stands you do to try to make what he did okay won't fly with me.

So child molesting cultists and Nazi fanatics... and you guys on the right wonder why you lose to Obama and his sort.
Such a good spokesperson for Janet Reno you are, even though you are wrong to defend her, as she was out of control of a situation that she should have had better control on, but she didn't so bad things happened as a result of.

Lets see now, there was Weavers wife for starters, and his son also, then we have the innocents at the Branch Dravidian complex who were in the basement (men women and children), burned to death, then the students at Kent State university, anyone else want to add ?

During the war in Vietnam, there were many American soldiers killed as a result of government political boondoggles, idiocy and a loss of leadership and common sense also during that time period.

Abdulrahman al-Awlaki.

I think the fact that the President claims the right to kill people means that it naturally attracts the type of person who wants to kill people. Whether they're sociopaths or not is another story.

Seriously, that was the best you could come up with? The son of a terrorist in a terrorist country?

Man, you guys are just off the rails, aren't you? Next you'll be whining we didn't read Bin Laden his rights before we fed him to the fishes.

No, another lie.

And note: Randy Weaver is alive and well. He faced ten charges...he was cleared on seven, the judge flat-out broomed two. He got probation for one. He did not appear to face charges because he was sent a notice with the wrong date on it. (Hearing was scheduled for 2/19/91; it was bumped to 2/20/91, but the notice sent was for 3/20/91.) He planned to turn himself in to US Marshals, but the US Attorney refused (he was grandstanding). The deputy director of the Marshals suggested simply dismissing, refiling, and arresting Weaver later...again, the US Attorney refused. SO, as per usual, you are totally wrong.

Well, Gee, I'm glad Nazi Weaver survived. I'm sorry he took his son and his wife down in the process of being a Nazi asshole.

Point is, he and his inbred brood shot at federal agents. All the hand stands you do to try to make what he did okay won't fly with me.

So child molesting cultists and Nazi fanatics... and you guys on the right wonder why you lose to Obama and his sort.
Such a good spokesperson for Janet Reno you are, even though you are wrong to defend her, as she was out of control of a situation that she should have had better control on, but she didn't so bad things happened as a result of.

Okay, besides the fact that Janet Reno had nothing to do with Randy the Nazi's brood being removed from the Gene Pool, let's limit our discussion to Waco.

Three investigations proved that it was a mass suicide.

I'm just not sure what kind of control she could have had with people who were perfectly willing to let a madman molest their children and were willing to die on his command.

But when you have a first amendment that lets crazy people start religions and a second amendment that lets them have guns, maybe we just need to repeal those to amendments.

Problem solved.

I'd like to note the hypocrisy of somebody whining about supposed racism after they've claimed it's ok to kill some people based only on their religious beliefs.

Where did I say that?

First, the Davidians killed themselves.

Secondly, they were in that shootout (where, once again, they killed themselves) with federal agents executing legal arrest warrants..

No, actually...the casualties in the attack were mostly (maybe all) blue-on-blue: federal agents shot each other. Look in the videos of the attack: there was no return fire!

Do you ever use that thing on your shoulders for anything but a hat rack?

Guy, is that ting on your shoulders so fucking diseased that you need to turn child molesting cultists into heroes?

I saw that film, and frankly what I saw was that crazy cultists with a lot of guns shot the shit out of federal agents. Now, I'm not sure how deluded you are that you saw something else...

[

Lets see now, there was Weavers wife for starters, and his son also,

Nazi scumwads who shot at Federal Agents... Next.

then we have the innocents at the Branch Dravidian complex who were in the basement (men women and children), burned to death, .

You mean the ones who committed MASS SUCIDE because they couldn't stand the though of their Messiah being gang-raped in a prison shower?

then the students at Kent State university, anyone else want to add ?

During the war in Vietnam, there were many American soldiers killed as a result of government political boondoggles, idiocy and a loss of leadership and common sense also during that time period.

Kent State didn't happen because Nixon called the national guard soldiers and told them to start shooting. So that was really all on them. And if you want to go to mistakes made in war, they happen in every war.

Sorry, man, you still haven't given me a good reason why I should be that worried.

Here's the thing. If the police went in to arrest a suspected terrorist and shot him, this wouldn't be an issue. The psychological thing of sending a drone- a machine- to kill someone is what the problem here is. (Forgetting that drone has to be remote controlled by a human.)

So what you guys are doing is trying to find (or steal) an emotional meme to feed your dystopian fantasies.

Abdulrahman al-Awlaki.

Seriously, that was the best you could come up with? The son of a terrorist in a terrorist country?

Man, you guys are just off the rails, aren't you? Next you'll be whining we didn't read Bin Laden his rights before we fed him to the fishes.

So an innocent American citizen isn't up to your standards? Gee, I'll have to do better next time. :eusa_eh:

Speaking of Osama, however, why was he simply killed on the spot? We know he didn't have a chance to resist, so why was he executed?

Abdulrahman al-Awlaki.

So an innocent American citizen isn't up to your standards? Gee, I'll have to do better next time. :eusa_eh:

Speaking of Osama, however, why was he simply killed on the spot? We know he didn't have a chance to resist, so why was he executed?

Because he murdered 3000 people on 9/11? I mean, that seems like a pretty good reason.

SOrry, the Alwaki kid was hardly "Innocent". He was a Jihadist like his dad.

Because he murdered 3000 people on 9/11? I mean, that seems like a pretty good reason.

SOrry, the Alwaki kid was hardly "Innocent". He was a Jihadist like his dad.

Yeah, right. It wasn't because he might have information that could embarrass the U.S. government. That's why they just executed Khalid Sheikh Mohammed on the spot too... wait...

Prove it. Even the administration doesn't make that claim, or, at least they don't anymore.

[

Yeah, right. It wasn't because he might have information that could embarrass the U.S. government. That's why they just executed Khalid Sheikh Mohammed on the spot too... wait....

You mean that Reagan armed him? yeah, that would have been embarrassing if everyone didn't already know that. We just try to pretend it didn't happen. While the larger questions of the foolishiness of our middle east policy are out there, that's a much bigger discussion than whether or not to drill Bin Laden on the spot...

[
Prove it. Even the administration doesn't make that claim, or, at least they don't anymore.

let's see now, he was in Yemen with his Dad at a terrorist training camp. Hanging out with other terrorists who WERE the target.

This is not the Johnsons out for a sunday drive, guy, which is what you and Crazy Rand are trying to imply.

[

Yeah, right. It wasn't because he might have information that could embarrass the U.S. government. That's why they just executed Khalid Sheikh Mohammed on the spot too... wait....

You mean that Reagan armed him? yeah, that would have been embarrassing if everyone didn't already know that. We just try to pretend it didn't happen. While the larger questions of the foolishiness of our middle east policy are out there, that's a much bigger discussion than whether or not to drill Bin Laden on the spot...

[

let's see now, he was in Yemen with his Dad at a terrorist training camp. Hanging out with other terrorists who WERE the target.

This is not the Johnsons out for a sunday drive, guy, which is what you and Crazy Rand are trying to imply.

Oh, and that's all, huh? Just armed by Reagan and that's the end of it? Well I guess we'll never know since they silenced the only one who could tell us. Convenient.

He was in Yemen with his dad, huh? Then why was he killed in a separate drone strike two weeks later, which was not at any training camp whatsoever?

[

[

Oh, and that's all, huh? Just armed by Reagan and that's the end of it? Well I guess we'll never know since they silenced the only one who could tell us. Convenient.

He was in Yemen with his dad, huh? Then why was he killed in a separate drone strike two weeks later, which was not at any training camp whatsoever?

Guy, you can get weepy for dead terrorists, but where was all this weeping when Bush was invading whole countries.

Seriously, I have to go to work now, but frankly, I think the problem here is your own paranoia. And the very fact that this level of paranoia is finding a happy home in the GOP in the persons of the Pauls is kind of scary.

Guy, you can get weepy for dead terrorists, but where was all this weeping when Bush was invading whole countries.

Seriously, I have to go to work now, but frankly, I think the problem here is your own paranoia. And the very fact that this level of paranoia is finding a happy home in the GOP in the persons of the Pauls is kind of scary.

You can try to dismiss me as some partisan Republican if you like, but it won't work. I'm not a Republican, and have never had anything nice to say about George W. Bush or his warmongering.

What's scary is that there are people like you who are willing to defend power grabs and total secrecy by the President, and who place so little value on human life.

[

You can try to dismiss me as some partisan Republican if you like, but it won't work. I'm not a Republican, and have never had anything nice to say about George W. Bush or his warmongering.

What's scary is that there are people like you who are willing to defend power grabs and total secrecy by the President, and who place so little value on human life.

I dismiss you as a Libertarian Loon.

The GOP used to be fine until it started catering to the Libertarian Loons, Religious Crazies and corporate bloodsuckers... It used to be a pretty sensible party I could vote for and be reasonably secure that the people we were sending to Washington would be adults.

the only human life I place value on is my own. The rest of you are pretty much on your own.

When you demonstrate why I should be worried about President Obama or Hypothetical Future Evil Guy, then we can talk.

I don't much worry that an American who has gone to a terrorist country might find himself on the business end of a Hellfire, and I'm not sure why you do.

Forum List

Back