Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll

Wake me up when he wins something outside the comfortable and narrow confines of Conservative-Land...
wink_smile.gif

Last edited:
One of his favorite authors described dark people as a disease on the body politic.

CPAC has tended to draw a younger more libertarian-leaning crowd for the past several years, and that certainly explains why Rand won so comfortably. Whether that translates into votes from older, more traditional Republicans on a national scale remains to be seen. It seems safe to say he'll be far more successful than his father regardless.

I like him better than his pops, but that ain't saying much.

CPAC has tended to draw a younger more libertarian-leaning crowd for the past several years, and that certainly explains why Rand won so comfortably. Whether that translates into votes from older, more traditional Republicans on a national scale remains to be seen. It seems safe to say he'll be far more successful than his father regardless.

I'm sure his father's supporters, in the past, now belong to Rand, also. Rand won with 31% this year and 25% last year. He far surpassed Cruz, ( 11% ) who took second place.

If the Republicans ever want to win a presidential election again they better get used to Libertarians like Rand Paul as opposed to the McCains and Huckabees of the party.

I'm sure his father's supporters, in the past, now belong to Rand, also. Rand won with 31% this year and 25% last year. He far surpassed Cruz, ( 11% ) who took second place.

I supported his father, and will not be supporting him. I think you'll find there are many like me. Maybe not a majority, but a good deal nonetheless.

Forum List

Back