Re-Evaluating Newt..

Well at least 38% of his voting base has forgiven him enough to support him in the primary.

We will see.
Yes, we will see. We'll see if Newt can survive a harem of women coming out of the woodworks like those who came out accusing Cain. Cain couldn't survive it ... I doubt Newt will either.

Yes, because it's going to be SUCH a shock to know that Newt had affairs in his past. :eusa_whistle:
It certainly will be when the women start getting in line like they did for Cain.

I don't think america cares about her AT ALL at this point.
That's because Newtie doesn't have a prayer.

You don't truly believe that, if you did you wouldn't even be concerned enough to be posting negatives about him ;)

Yup the left who did their damndest to divert from real crimes by accusing the right of focusing on sex scandals committed by a President with a young intern right in the oval office -- that same left is now totally focused on sex scandals involving Newt Gingrich who, so far as we know, hasn't committed any crimes except of the most benign nature.

But not only did the right mostly not condemn a sitting President for the sex crimes, neither are they condemning Newt Gingrich for his private conduct that should be important only to himself and other concerned. Would we prefer that he was squeaky clean in that area? Of course we would. Character does count. But none of us were there, none privy to know what the dynamics involved were, who was mean or indifferent or unresponsive or whatever to who, and we really aren't in a position to judge.

We ARE in a position to want to know and judge a person's professional conduct and Newt has a pretty darn good record there. The left will continue to focus on and nitpick whatever missteps, contradictions, etc. they can find re Newt even as they shrug those of as inconsequential for Barack Obama or anybody else on 'their' side.

So the double standard is ever in force and the great hypocrisy continues.

Meanwhile Newt continues to climb in both approval rating and opinions of electability and we can hope that most who actually go to the polls in the primary elections and again next November will do so fully informed and prepared to vote for the candidate that will be the best for America.

Last edited:
Foxie, I love you to death, but that is horse crap. Both sides are corrupt with this type of nonsense. I don't give Bill a pass for his predator ways and I have no respect for man who divorced his cancer-riidden wife. A pox on both houses.

Your version of that divorce is very different from the wife and daughter's version, Jakie, and you are parroting the story from the leftwing hate sites and probably aren't even interested in the truth of that. But it was not the 'horse crap' that you are repeating as truth.

I didn't give Bill Clinton a pass on his sexual escapades at all, but neither do I claim that he was impeached for having sex with an intern. He wasn't. And it is blatantly dishonest of the left to keep accusing the right of that. And certainly Clinton was absolved of any major wrongdoing by his leftist supporters who almost certainly would have voted for him if he had been able to run for a third term. It was a photo finish election for Bush as it was; not because Gore was so admired or appreciated, but it would have been a continuation of the Clinton administration despite all the bimbo eruptions.

They aren't giving Newt the same pass, however. And THAT is what is so dishonest.

That's because Newtie doesn't have a prayer.

You don't truly believe that, if you did you wouldn't even be concerned enough to be posting negatives about him ;)

Yup the left who did their damndest to divert from real crimes by accusing the right of focusing on sex scandals committed by a President with a young intern right in the oval office -- that same left is now totally focused on sex scandals involving Newt Gingrich who, so far as we know, hasn't committed any crimes except of the most benign nature.

But not only did the right mostly not condemn a sitting President for the sex crimes, neither are they condemning Newt Gingrich for his private conduct that should be important only to himself and other concerned. Would we prefer that he was squeaky clean in that area? Of course we would. Character does count. But none of us were there, none privy to know what the dynamics involved were, who was mean or indifferent or unresponsive or whatever to who, and we really aren't in a position to judge.

We ARE in a position to want to know and judge a person's professional conduct and Newt has a pretty darn good record there. The left will continue to focus on and nitpick whatever missteps, contradictions, etc. they can find re Newt even as they shrug those of as inconsequential for Barack Obama or anybody else on 'their' side.

So the double standard is ever in force and the great hypocrisy continues.

Meanwhile Newt continues to climb in both approval rating and opinions of electability and we can hope that most who actually go to the polls in the primary elections and again next November will do so fully informed and prepared to vote for the candidate that will be the best for America.
Your assertion that the right did not mostly condemn Clinton for his sex crimes (of which there were none) is laughable on its face. But that aside ... the guy who quit had a good record?? Then why did he quit?

Your version of that divorce is very different from the wife and daughter's version, Jakie, and you are parroting the story from the leftwing hate sites and probably aren't even interested in the truth of that. But it was not the 'horse crap' that you are repeating as truth.

I didn't give Bill Clinton a pass on his sexual escapades at all, but neither do I claim that he was impeached for having sex with an intern. He wasn't. And it is blatantly dishonest of the left to keep accusing the right of that. And certainly Clinton was absolved of any major wrongdoing by his leftist supporters who almost certainly would have voted for him if he had been able to run for a third term. It was a photo finish election for Bush as it was; not because Gore was so admired or appreciated, but it would have been a continuation of the Clinton administration despite all the bimbo eruptions.

They aren't giving Newt the same pass, however. And THAT is what is so dishonest.
You didn't give Clinton a pass for his sexcapades but you're giving Newt a pass for his??

You didn't give Clinton a pass for his sexcapades but you're giving Newt a pass for his??

The sexcapades are a consideration in evaluating a preference for who is the best choice to be the next leader of the free world, and no, I don't give anybody a pass for violating their marriage vows. I don't take lightly accusations of sexual harrassment, abuse of professional relationships, exposing oneself or accusations of sexual assault. I also don't condemn somebody for such accusations until they have been confirmed. I can judge him on disrespect for the Oval Office and do.

But the sex stuff of the Clinton legacy is way down on the list in my evaluation of him. The provable charges--contempt of court, obstruction of justice and perjury--were all sufficient for action by a NY judge, the Arkansas Bar, and the U.S. Supreme Court, so those are fair game for criticism.

But Newt has NEVER been accused of sexual misconduct so far as I know and what happened between him and his families is their business, not mine, and none of us know the dynamics sufficiently well to judge him or them.

Last edited:

The sexcapades are a consideration in evaluating a preference for who is the best choice to be the next leader of the free world, and no, I don't give anybody a pass for violating their marriage vows. I don't take lightly accusations of sexual harrassment, abuse of professional relationships, exposing oneself or accusations of sexual assault. I also don't condemn somebody for such accusations until they have been confirmed. I can judge him on disrespect for the Oval Office and do.

But the sex stuff of the Clinton legacy is way down on the list in my evaluation of him. The provable charges--contempt of court, obstruction of justice and perjury--were all sufficient for action by a NY judge, the Arkansas Bar, and the U.S. Supreme Court, so those are fair game for criticism.

But Newt has NEVER been accused of sexual misconduct so far as I know and what happened between him and his families is their business, not mine, and none of us know the dynamics sufficiently well to judge him or them.

No need to vote-- Newt states he is the nominee, so I guess he is. What arrogance.:lol::lol::lol:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/gingrich-tells-abc-news-im-going-to-be-the-nominee/

No need to vote-- Newt states he is the nominee, so I guess he is. What arrogance.:lol::lol::lol:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/gingrich-tells-abc-news-im-going-to-be-the-nominee/

Yeah well Maple. When you've taken it upon yourself to personally disrespect, demean, belittle, condemn, and if possibly destroy another human being you have decided not to like, I guess that is as good a reason as any. So carry on. . . .

Your version of that divorce is very different from the wife and daughter's version, Jakie, and you are parroting the story from the leftwing hate sites and probably aren't even interested in the truth of that. But it was not the 'horse crap' that you are repeating as truth. I didn't give Bill Clinton a pass on his sexual escapades at all, but neither do I claim that he was impeached for having sex with an intern. He wasn't. And it is blatantly dishonest of the left to keep accusing the right of that. And certainly Clinton was absolved of any major wrongdoing by his leftist supporters who almost certainly would have voted for him if he had been able to run for a third term. It was a photo finish election for Bush as it was; not because Gore was so admired or appreciated, but it would have been a continuation of the Clinton administration despite all the bimbo eruptions. hey aren't giving Newt the same pass, however. And THAT is what is so dishonest.

You just parroted the far right speaking points. What I do find interesting in our party why we cannot find a genuine conservative with impeccable credentials and morals, a la Christie who will stand up for the right. Maybe in 2016.

Yes, we will see. We'll see if Newt can survive a harem of women coming out of the woodworks like those who came out accusing Cain. Cain couldn't survive it ... I doubt Newt will either.

Yes, because it's going to be SUCH a shock to know that Newt had affairs in his past. :eusa_whistle:
It certainly will be when the women start getting in line like they did for Cain.

It is not his personal life I am worried about, it is all of his political connections and manuevering over the last 30 years, especially when it comes to his involvement with Freddie Mac. There are things that we do not know and things that will come out. Newt is a master of disguise, feins anger when asked serious questions by the media, then evades the question, calls everyone stupid for asking the question in the first place, changes the subject and never answers the original question. He is great at it.

That's about to end though as people are getting on to it.

Yeah well Maple. When you've taken it upon yourself to personally disrespect, demean, belittle, condemn, and if possibly destroy another human being you have decided not to like, I guess that is as good a reason as any. So carry on. . . .

I like Newt personally, but he can't and won't beat Obama. Obama has a boatload of money and a boatload of ammunition that Newt has provided to torpeodo the Newt boat.

It is not his personal life I am worried about, it is all of his political connections and manuevering over the last 30 years, especially when it comes to his involvement with Freddie Mac. There are things that we do not know and things that will come out. Newt is a master of disguise, feins anger when asked serious questions by the media, then evades the question, calls everyone stupid for asking the question in the first place, changes the subject and never answers the original question. He is great at it.

Sounds like an adept politician.

Sounds like an adept politician.

He is a very adept politician, but he also has a ton of baggage, not personal, that will be used against him. His recent add with Nancy Pelosi on Global warming, his calling Paul Ryan a social engineer on Paul's budget proposal. He has backed mandates in health care, all of this is documented, his support for Dee dee Defazio in the New York 29th over the conservative, in which Dee Dee dropped out of the race and ENDORSED the Democrat, the Democrat won- even after Sarah Palin endorsed the conservative. This is just scratching the surface on Newt Gingrich, his consulting firm consulting Freddie Mac, he still avoids answering what exactly he did for them, other than he was not a lobbyist. There is a lot more there, and yes he is a wonderful debater and a very smart, intelligent historical man.

Did you hear him last night on Greta when she was asking him questions on his involvement with Freddie Mac? He immediately avoided the question and went right into what he would do for poor kids, teaching them how to work in poor neighborhoods, is he proposing yet another Federal government program? He never answered her original question, and he has not answered that involvement to my satisfaction.

And- no one- not even Freddie Mac pays someone 1.2 - 1.6 million dollars for doing nothing and nothing is what Newt wants us to think he did.

Last edited:

I like Newt personally, but he can't and won't beat Obama. Obama has a boatload of money and a boatload of ammunition that Newt has provided to torpeodo the Newt boat.

Sweet Maple.. by any standard Obama is a failed President, need we go through the extensive list.
Does it bother YOU ethically that a good percent of his "boatload of money" comes from union payoffs, the 1% ers and his extensive list of Obamacare "Waiver-Gate" recipients..
I'm guessing screwing over the country means very little to you over personal marriage problems..but you may surprise me..

Last edited:
Nonsense. Obama has a number of accomplishments. That's what bugs you about him, he's accomplished a lot of things that you don't like.

Unions are entitled to support candidates. Isn't that great? :)

Nonsense. Obama has a number of accomplishments. That's what bugs you about him, he's accomplished a lot of things that you don't like.

No doubt about that.. I reject socialism as any true American would..Hell. even the Europeans are rejecting socialism now..think austerity comrade..

I don't mind Unions supporting anyone they believe in, as long as the private sector isn't getting screwed over in the process..

mmm did you notice all those union waivers from Obamacare???... after they supported it before it passed, don't you feel like you've been lied to or do you enjoy being made a fool of..? (I'll just wait for the excuses) :lol:

No doubt about that.. I reject socialism as any true American would..Hell. even the Europeans are rejecting socialism now..think austerity comrade..

I don't mind Unions supporting anyone they believe in, as long as the private sector isn't getting screwed over in the process..

mmm did you notice all those union waivers from Obamacare???... after they supported it before it passed, don't you feel like you've been lied to or do you enjoy being made a fool of..? (I'll just wait for the excuses) :lol:
And all the Union waivers getting in before Obama stopped the process? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back