RE: Phillips, the Native American that accosted teenagers - stolen valor theory CONFIRMED

Face it everyone, republicans will trash veterans whether they ever deployed or not

Only those that lie about it.

What did Nathan Phillips lie about?
2 tours in nam. Oh and the whole “he was just marching minding his own business and these crazed kids just surrounded him and mocked him while he played his drum.” Which then evolved to, “he was just getting in between the black people and white kids to defuse the situation, and then got surrounded and mocked and was scared. That’s just a few from a single day.

He told the Detroit Free Press he had to stand between the "beasts" and the "prey". He had to stop the students from attacking the blacks.

Face it everyone, republicans will trash veterans whether they ever deployed or not

see post # 97

Where's the lie?

Vietnam veteran

A Vietnam veteran is someone who served in the armed forces of participating countries during the Vietnam War.

The term has been used to describe veterans who were in the armed forces of South Vietnam, the United States armed forces, and countries allied to them, whether or not they were stationed in Vietnam during their service. However, the more common usage distinguishes between those who served "in country" and those who did not serve in Vietnam by referring to the "in country" veterans as "Vietnam veterans" and the others as "Vietnam-era veterans". The U.S. government officially refers to all as "Vietnam-era veterans".[1]

Vietnam veteran - Wikipedia
1. wiki
2. BULLSHIT
a Vietnam Vet has to have served in the Vietnam area of operations
I was in during Panama, Grenada, Beirut, etc etc--but I'm not a Vet of those ops
you're talking to someone who has served 8 years--so you are full of shit

And thank you for your service.

There's a name for people like Phillips, it's called a Vietnam Era vet. But hey, when did you commies ever care about facts.

Yes.

I heard parts of that exchange replayed, also.

On the one hand, he says that he is a "...Vietnam times veteran..." ( for that, read, Vietnam Era; marginally / technically correct in his case ).

On the other hand, he misspoke about being a "...Vietnam veteran..." ( sans "times" or "era" ) when talking about the Herd Mentality.

Because he 'fessed-up to being a "Vietnam times veteran" earlier in the exchange, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt... one time.

Because he 'fessed-up to being a "Vietnam times veteran" earlier in the exchange, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt... one time.
yeah, he is ambiguous enough to claim innocence, but he also states that he was in "marine times" in the very same sentence

at a bare minimum, it looks like he was being purposefully ambiguous or committing a lie of omission on that subject

however, he was well aware of the fact that the media was reporting about his status and he failed to correct the record

obvious stolen valor is obvious

He is a liar! like the other one!

shame on him! :mad-61:

a6CWEVL.jpg

see post # 97

Where's the lie?

Vietnam veteran

A Vietnam veteran is someone who served in the armed forces of participating countries during the Vietnam War.

The term has been used to describe veterans who were in the armed forces of South Vietnam, the United States armed forces, and countries allied to them, whether or not they were stationed in Vietnam during their service. However, the more common usage distinguishes between those who served "in country" and those who did not serve in Vietnam by referring to the "in country" veterans as "Vietnam veterans" and the others as "Vietnam-era veterans". The U.S. government officially refers to all as "Vietnam-era veterans".[1]

Vietnam veteran - Wikipedia
you just made yourself look stupid
...my unit participated in the Panama Operation
...I was there right before that started and saw my unit there--I was detached on a South American ''float'' that was returning to the States
...I cannot claim to be a Vet of that Op
...you yakked bullshit to the wrong person

There's a name for people like Phillips, it's called a Vietnam Era vet. But hey, when did you commies ever care about facts.

Yes.

On the one hand, he says that he is a "...Vietnam times veteran..." ( for that, read, Vietnam Era; marginally / technically correct in his case ).

On the other hand, he misspoke about being a "...Vietnam veteran..." ( sans "times" or "era" ) when talking about the Herd Mentality.

Look up the definition of Vietnam veteran.

yeah, he is ambiguous enough to claim innocence, but he also states that he was in "marine times" in the very same sentence

at a bare minimum, it looks like he was being purposefully ambiguous or committing a lie of omission on that subject

however, he was well aware of the fact that the media was reporting about his status and he failed to correct the record

obvious stolen valor is obvious
You may very well be right...

And I can think of very few things more onerous or despicable than Stolen Valor...

Hell, if it was up to me, I'd make it a felony with a mandatory harsh prison sentence...

But I'll stand by what I said, about cutting him some slack - the benefit of a doubt - one time.

Yes.

I don't have to...

In the context of US Armed Forces involvement...

A Vietnam veteran is one who was deployed to Vietnam during the War Years...

A Vietnam Era veteran is one who was on Active Duty at some point during those same War Years, regardless of where they were stationed...

Did I get it right (in your mind)?

Yes.

I don't have to...

A Vietnam Era veteran is one who was on Active Duty at some point during those same War Years, regardless of where they were stationed...

I agree. So Nathan Phillips didn't lie about being a Vietnam veteran - even though he may not have been in-country.

Stick to the subject. I have a list of names that have been trying to derail this thread. You know who you are. I wont be so nice if I come back in here to clean up again.

Yes.

I don't have to...

I agree. So Nathan Phillips didn't lie about being a Vietnam veteran - even though he may not have been in-country.

Let's just say he's not eligible to join the VFW.

Nathan Phillips should be praised for trying to diffuse a tense situation between the Black Hebrew Israelites and the kids - instead of splitting hairs about his military service.

Nathan Phillips should be praised for trying to diffuse a tense situation between the Black Hebrew Israelites and the kids - instead of splitting hairs about his military service.

He didn't diffuse anything.

On the contrary, he made things worse!

He didn't diffuse anything.

On the contrary, he made things worse!

By walking in-between the groups while beating his drum?

No.

While beating the drum on the boy's face.

Forum List

Back