reaction to Trumps "order"

The labor force participation rate is still as low as it was under Obama. According to trump that was the real number right?

I'll try one more time.

Do we still have more jobs than people to fill them? The answer would be yes or no.
The labor force participation rate is still as low as it was under Obama. According to trump that was the real number right?

What are you talking about?

View attachment 275842
63 is historically really low that's what I'm talking about obviously. Obama was around 63 with trump said the real unemployment rate might be as high as 42%! And you believe him then so you must believe it now.

DumBama's participation rate sunk every year he was in office:

View attachment 275843

Now we are at least seeing some stabilization during Trump.

That’s because baby boomers retired in large numbers starting under Bush. This was expected.

I'll try one more time.

Do we still have more jobs than people to fill them? The answer would be yes or no.

View attachment 275842
63 is historically really low that's what I'm talking about obviously. Obama was around 63 with trump said the real unemployment rate might be as high as 42%! And you believe him then so you must believe it now.

View attachment 275843

That’s because baby boomers retired in large numbers starting under Bush. This was expected.

Yes, that does play a part in it. We still however have a large group of people who don't want to work. Drugs are a major problem here.

I suppose that you are prepared to go barefoot. 99% of the shoes sold in America are manufactured in China.

New Balance still are manufactured in the US....only their soles come from China. You're going by an assumption that the past is the present....Trump is changing all the rules and China is going to be a much different situation when he's done with them.

a kick in the nuts -

U.S. stocks fell in a volatile session of trading, after President Donald Trump wrote in a series of Twitter posts that he would be ordering U.S. companies to “immediately start looking for an alternative” to their business operations in China.

Stock market news: August 23, 2019

and there you have it .
Good warning that he going to lower the boom on China...Glad he gave a warning if you are buying goods from China you might have to have them made in the USA.
Nothing is moving to the USA. Try Vietnam or Thailand. Maybe India.

They are moving back, but more importantly are the jobs that are staying here.

You don't get an economy like this just hoping it would happen.
Obama said that manufacturing jobs are not coming back. Trump is bringing them back.

Just heard an analysis of China losing manufacturing jobs, and supply chains leaving China for less expensive venues.

And....that the law might allow Trump to pressure American manufacturers from having factories in China.

a kick in the nuts -

U.S. stocks fell in a volatile session of trading, after President Donald Trump wrote in a series of Twitter posts that he would be ordering U.S. companies to “immediately start looking for an alternative” to their business operations in China.

Stock market news: August 23, 2019

and there you have it .

The only "herebye ordered" that's worth a hill of beans is if a President is issuing an Executive Order to the Executive branch of government in order to carry out acts of Congress.

And all of those companies know it.

Trump is merely fanning his feathers in front of China. He's showing China he's not backing down no matter what they do. Of course Trump listens to his people. People that have worked with Trump in the past have said he's a very good listener. He sits down, absorbs what people have to say, and then makes a decision on his next move.[/QUOTE]

Be that as it may, if you back yourself into a corner then u will be in a corner

I am sure Trump has people who says that but there are an equal number who say the opposite

When Fox even reports using an economist that says he can't do that

has he really loss his mind and thinks that because he is the president he can run the US like a company that he owns.

Does he listen to anyone or ask their opinion and if it does not coincide with what he wants he ignores it and does what he wants

Still only ET can issue an order on tweeter and expect what

He is already the worst president.

Trump is merely fanning his feathers in front of China. He's showing China he's not backing down no matter what they do. Of course Trump listens to his people. People that have worked with Trump in the past have said he's a very good listener. He sits down, absorbs what people have to say, and then makes a decision on his next move.

Trump has been “fanning his feathers” for 18 months now while China cuts the legs out from under him. "Fanning his feathers" is about the only thing Trump has accomplished. China has cut US imports in half, and stopped investing in either jobs or real estate in the USA, causing high end real estate sales to slump in the US. Despite the tariffs Trump has imposed, Chinese imports to the US are increasing, as there is literally no low end manufacturing left in the USA. Shoes, clothing, school supplies, electronics, toys - all that manufacturing is gone. American corporations outsourced all of it because Americans want cheaper goods.

Of course the smart thing to do would have been to enter into discussions with the Chinese about the current trade deal and ask politely for a new one like a sensible leader might do, but Trump has to puff himself up and throw around his power, like the old fool that he is. I worked for an international trade lawyer for four years, and both the Chinese and the Japanese don't respond well to "disrespectful" behaviour. But all are prepared to play Trump like a fiddle - especially Kim. Xi has been masterful, but much more low key. Abe less so since he doesn't want Trump to pull the troops out of Okinawa, but he'll use any advantage he can.

Watching the course of these "negotiations" between Trump and Xi has been very insightful. Trump started this trade war by imposing tariffs on steel, in an effort to help the US steel industry, and bring back jobs in steel production to the US. All of these are laudable goals, but the devil is in the details. Xi responded by cancelling all soy bean orders from the US Midwest, and overnight, mid-western farmers, who overwhelmingly voted for Trump, were wiped out and placed on government welfare, and thereby exacerbating the trade deficit Trump was supposed to be wiping out.

Exports to China have steadily declined in the light of Xi's control over his countries supply chains, and markets the world over are re-aligning in the wake of this trade war. Just as Obama's good relations with your allies, and the cooperation amongst the various trading partners mitigated the damage caused by W's fiscal crisis, the current destruction of the world trading relationships, and the tariffs and protectionism emanating from the USA, is having the opposite effect and utterly destabilizing the world economy. Trump did promise to undo every Obama did, and saving the world's economy was Obama's greatest triumph, so of course Trump is destroying everything in his path. It's what he does.

When Xi issues orders, they're obeyed. Otherwise, you lose your position, your privilege, and even your freedom. When Trump orders US companies to find new suppliers, they tell him to smarten up.

As for the results of Trump's tariff's at home. The result was a loss of 50 manufacturing jobs for every new job created in the steel industry, and while new American steel plants are in fact opening, they are highly automated. The new jobs being created are highly technical, and highly skilled. This isn't your grandfather's steel manufacturing plant. Manufacturing in the USA is officially in recession mode, and that was so even before the Trump Administration announced that job creation numbers were being revised downward for 2018, by up to 500,00 jobs.

As the country drifts steadily towards recession, once again it's obvious Trump is relying on his "gut instincts" to guide him policy decisions, or perhaps his decisions are based more on who he's trying to offend or who he's trying to appease. Either way, these are the same "gut instincts" that has lead to Trump being the worst businessman in American history - in terms of his bankruptcies, his billion dollars in losses, and his 3000+ lawsuits, all records for any American businessman.

American businessmen are now saying that Trump has no plan to extract himself from this mess of his own creation, and certainly when the shit hits the fan in a major way, your allies won't be there to help bail Trump out, like they did with Obama, because Trump has pissed everyone off except Putin, Kim, and Erdogan.

View attachment 275842

View attachment 275843

Yes, that does play a part in it. We still however have a large group of people who don't want to work. Drugs are a major problem here.

Funny how you consider Trump's taxes nobody's business but his, but you have no problem with employers demanding drug tests for all employees. No violation of privacy rights is to great, unless the person is rich of course.

I suppose that you are prepared to go barefoot. 99% of the shoes sold in America are manufactured in China.

New Balance still are manufactured in the US....only their soles come from China. You're going by an assumption that the past is the present....Trump is changing all the rules and China is going to be a much different situation when he's done with them.

And when is Trump going top be done with them. This tariff shit has been going on for over 500 days, now, with no positive results.

Now the President is deciding where private businesses can operate?

Trump can't really order companies out of China. I think what he's doing is showing China he will not be pushed around.

This whole tariff thing is a game of Chicken; see who is going to drive off the road first. However we have the biggest car on the block, and China knows this. What they can do is to interfere in our economy, especially now that the Democrats are trying to start a recession. Good timing by the Chinese, but it won't work.
They have a massive amount of debt that they’re having trouble servicing and they can’t afford to have anyone cut their throats like this. They’re only going to be able to stand their ground for so long. I can’t even believe I’m watching this happen before my eyes this was something I never thought I’d see in my lifetime.

Trump has been “fanning his feathers” for 18 months now while China cuts the legs out from under him. "Fanning his feathers" is about the only thing Trump has accomplished. China has cut US imports in half, and stopped investing in either jobs or real estate in the USA, causing high end real estate sales to slump in the US. Despite the tariffs Trump has imposed, Chinese imports to the US are increasing, as there is literally no low end manufacturing left in the USA. Shoes, clothing, school supplies, electronics, toys - all that manufacturing is gone. American corporations outsourced all of it because Americans want cheaper goods.

Of course the smart thing to do would have been to enter into discussions with the Chinese about the current trade deal and ask politely for a new one like a sensible leader might do, but Trump has to puff himself up and throw around his power, like the old fool that he is. I worked for an international trade lawyer for four years, and both the Chinese and the Japanese don't respond well to "disrespectful" behaviour. But all are prepared to play Trump like a fiddle - especially Kim. Xi has been masterful, but much more low key. Abe less so since he doesn't want Trump to pull the troops out of Okinawa, but he'll use any advantage he can.

Watching the course of these "negotiations" between Trump and Xi has been very insightful. Trump started this trade war by imposing tariffs on steel, in an effort to help the US steel industry, and bring back jobs in steel production to the US. All of these are laudable goals, but the devil is in the details. Xi responded by cancelling all soy bean orders from the US Midwest, and overnight, mid-western farmers, who overwhelmingly voted for Trump, were wiped out and placed on government welfare, and thereby exacerbating the trade deficit Trump was supposed to be wiping out.

Exports to China have steadily declined in the light of Xi's control over his countries supply chains, and markets the world over are re-aligning in the wake of this trade war. Just as Obama's good relations with your allies, and the cooperation amongst the various trading partners mitigated the damage caused by W's fiscal crisis, the current destruction of the world trading relationships, and the tariffs and protectionism emanating from the USA, is having the opposite effect and utterly destabilizing the world economy. Trump did promise to undo every Obama did, and saving the world's economy was Obama's greatest triumph, so of course Trump is destroying everything in his path. It's what he does.

When Xi issues orders, they're obeyed. Otherwise, you lose your position, your privilege, and even your freedom. When Trump orders US companies to find new suppliers, they tell him to smarten up.

As for the results of Trump's tariff's at home. The result was a loss of 50 manufacturing jobs for every new job created in the steel industry, and while new American steel plants are in fact opening, they are highly automated. The new jobs being created are highly technical, and highly skilled. This isn't your grandfather's steel manufacturing plant. Manufacturing in the USA is officially in recession mode, and that was so even before the Trump Administration announced that job creation numbers were being revised downward for 2018, by up to 500,00 jobs.

As the country drifts steadily towards recession, once again it's obvious Trump is relying on his "gut instincts" to guide him policy decisions, or perhaps his decisions are based more on who he's trying to offend or who he's trying to appease. Either way, these are the same "gut instincts" that has lead to Trump being the worst businessman in American history - in terms of his bankruptcies, his billion dollars in losses, and his 3000+ lawsuits, all records for any American businessman.

American businessmen are now saying that Trump has no plan to extract himself from this mess of his own creation, and certainly when the shit hits the fan in a major way, your allies won't be there to help bail Trump out, like they did with Obama, because Trump has pissed everyone off except Putin, Kim, and Erdogan.

There is no recession. Democrats are trying to create one to win the presidential election; of course with the help of the back-stabbing media.

I have bad news for ya, and that is Cleveland is a steel town; one of the few left. We have another one outside of Cleveland in Lorain Ohio, and they just expanded creating hundreds of jobs.

This trade war has been going on for most of Trump's presidency, and yet our job creation keeps humming along with the lowest unemployment rate in nearly 50 years. We also broke a new record in median household income; something you didn't see under DumBama.

And let me ask: why would we want the Chinese to buy any of our land or property here in the US?

Forget July’s slump in new-home sales, mortgage rates are reviving the housing market

Funny how you consider Trump's taxes nobody's business but his, but you have no problem with employers demanding drug tests for all employees. No violation of privacy rights is to great, unless the person is rich of course.

Who said I didn't have a problem with it?

What will Trumps response be if business tells Trump to .....Go fuk himself

And when is Trump going top be done with them. This tariff shit has been going on for over 500 days, now, with no positive results.
Are you fucking kidding me? Do you people even read economic news? Home Depot just announced its suppliers are moving much of their production out of China and into other countries including the US. And many others are doing the same thing. Retailers are trying to avoid passing the cost on to consumers through price increases and are instead looking for ways to produce cheaper elsewhere. This is the entire point of these tariffs. China is gojng to have no other choice but to cave on this. They can only devalue their currency for so long before that has an even worse impact than it’s worth.

Last edited:
Now the President is deciding where private businesses can operate?

Trump can't really order companies out of China. I think what he's doing is showing China he will not be pushed around.

This whole tariff thing is a game of Chicken; see who is going to drive off the road first. However we have the biggest car on the block, and China knows this. What they can do is to interfere in our economy, especially now that the Democrats are trying to start a recession. Good timing by the Chinese, but it won't work.
They have a massive amount of debt that they’re having trouble servicing and they can’t afford to have anyone cut their throats like this. They’re only going to be able to stand their ground for so long. I can’t even believe I’m watching this happen before my eyes this was something I never thought I’d see in my lifetime.

If the Chinese don't want to talk turkey, we have several places just south of us that will be happy to take the work. I'm sure Mexico would welcome any American industry moving out of China to their country. Plus that would help us in the US as well with the terrible immigration problem we have here.

Trump is merely fanning his feathers in front of China. He's showing China he's not backing down no matter what they do. Of course Trump listens to his people. People that have worked with Trump in the past have said he's a very good listener. He sits down, absorbs what people have to say, and then makes a decision on his next move.

Be that as it may, if you back yourself into a corner then u will be in a corner

I am sure Trump has people who says that but there are an equal number who say the opposite[/QUOTE]

This is true. Trump takes in all input and tries to figure out the best route for his businesses and our country.

We have a clear advantage over China given our economy and theirs. So I don't see how Trump is backing himself into a corner. China has been taking advantage of the US for decades. Plus I think it's about time that we Americans bought more American products.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you people even read economic news? Home Depot just announced its moving much of its production out of China and into other countries including the US. And many others are doing the same thing. Retailers are trying to avoid passing the cost on to consumers through price increases and are instead looking for ways to produce cheaper elsewhere. This is the entire point of these tariffs. China is gojng to have no other choice but to cave on this. They can only devalue their currency for so long before that has an even worse impact than it’s worth.

Just what flavor of Kool-Aid is trump serving today? Also, when did Home Depot, a retailer, suddenly become a manufacturer?

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you people even read economic news? Home Depot just announced its moving much of its production out of China and into other countries including the US. And many others are doing the same thing. Retailers are trying to avoid passing the cost on to consumers through price increases and are instead looking for ways to produce cheaper elsewhere. This is the entire point of these tariffs. China is gojng to have no other choice but to cave on this. They can only devalue their currency for so long before that has an even worse impact than it’s worth.

Just what flavor of Kool-Aid is trump serving today? Also, when did Home Depot, a retailer, suddenly become a manufacturer?
Their suppliers are moving their manufacturing out of China. Is that something you think is good or bad?

Their suppliers are moving their manufacturing out of China. Is that something you think is good or bad?

I think that if a person lost his job operating a machine that puts points on wood screws to some guy name Chun King, he would be better off learning how to program software for Microsoft.

I think that if a person lost his job operating a machine that puts points on wood screws to some guy name Chun King, he would be better off learning how to program software for Microsoft.
The people that work those jobs over there are slaves. They employ children for peanuts. They take all of America’s great ideas and they steal them and resell them back to Americans at a low quality. Every president we’ve had before this has allowed this to happen because they’ve been too afraid to actually change anything because of what we’re seeing right now where they’re fear mongering about the doom and gloom costs of doing so. Nothing that we could ever do to change anything for the better is going to come without a cost because it’s been so fucked so deeply for so long that it has to get worse before it gets better. Uncoupling from this control that China has had over us for so long now was never going to be a seamless transition. But it’s leading to better trade deals with other countries who are more interested in doing business with us fairly. China can always earn back the business if they want to trade fairly. I’m at a loss for why anyone wouldn’t want to see this happen other than they’re too afraid to see it through.

Forum List

Back