Ready to Beg Forgiveness...

well here's the thing, you can disagree with how it's measured, but that doesn't make it a 'fabricated' statistic.

Fabricate: To concoct in order to deceive

Once you remove all those who aren't working, why....the unemployment number is zero!!!
so it has always been a fabricated number?

If your brain exploded, it wouldn't even mess up your hair.
It’s too bad stupidity isn’t painful.

Is anything about you original?

Says the dolt who parrots the DNC, NYTimes, MSNBC.....

No I havent silly, dont try to put your actions on me.

You quoted an article proven to be full of holes and your response is to get mad that you've been duped. Sorry

Then to respond to posters you got caught using a link for an insult because even insulting someone has to be copied and pasted

U-6XTmcp1b2FIbweM9OCpbSYRSycE-C4ax2ETRHSJqQ=w725-h207-p-no

I mean seriously....You looked up GotLines just to try and be witty except your wit and your thoughts all come from someone else.

How fucking sad is that shit?

Fabricate: To concoct in order to deceive

Once you remove all those who aren't working, why....the unemployment number is zero!!!
so it has always been a fabricated number?

If your brain exploded, it wouldn't even mess up your hair.
It’s too bad stupidity isn’t painful.

Is anything about you original?

Says the dolt who parrots the DNC, NYTimes, MSNBC.....

You quoted an article proven to be full of holes and your response is to get mad that you've been duped. Sorry

Then to respond to posters you got caught using a link for an insult because even insulting someone has to be copied and pasted

That's a lie.

This, from the original link: "...the deception went beyond that one employee..."

You poor, poor thing.
Try as you may, your defense of the worst President we've ever had, falls flat.

What's behind your whining......are you afraid that his abysmal failures and corruption reflects on you?

It does.

That's a lie.

This, from the original link: "...the deception went beyond that one employee..."

You poor, poor thing.

What's behind your whining......are you afraid that his abysmal failures and corruption reflects on you?

It does.

That one employee wasnt an employee idiot. That One employee who YOU SAID fudged the unemployment numbers in 2012 did not work there since 2011. Plus that his additional sources are secret.

Next thread PC is going to tell us that GWB killed Hitler. So what if GWB wasnt there?...it could be true tho

...you Liberals????

1. "The Big Lie: 5.6% Unemployment

2. ... many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading..
Only to those who don't understand the definitions and methodology.

4. ....anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed.
Well, it's not "stopped looking over the past four weeks,"...if you have not looked at all for work in the last four weeks...including just asking friends if they know of anything, then you're not unemployed. Most of these are people who don't want to work.

5. ....unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed.
I can't thnk of any reason to consider someone not trying to work the same as someone trying to get work. Someone not trying is no more likely to get hired than someone who doesn't want to work, so the fact that someone not looking for work doesn't find one tells us nothing about how hard it is to find work.

6. -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.
That doesn't make it misleading since the definitions and methodolgy are publically available. The thing is that there really is no good or even adequate dividing line greater than one hour that makes any sense to say that this much is employed and this much not.

7. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as well as the depressingly underemployed, amounts to a Big Lie.
Since it's not meant to and doesn't claim to measure suffereing or underemployed, it's not a lie.[/quote]

Basically he's claiming a pair of pliers is a bad socket wrench.

Last edited:
...you Liberals????

1. "The Big Lie: 5.6% Unemployment

2. ... many Americans -- including some of the smartest and most educated among us -- don't know: The official unemployment rate, as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor, is extremely misleading..
Only to those who don't understand the definitions and methodology.

4. ....anyone is unemployed and has subsequently given up on finding a job -- if you are so hopelessly out of work that you've stopped looking over the past four weeks -- the Department of Labor doesn't count you as unemployed.
Well, it's not "stopped looking over the past four weeks,"...if you have not looked at all for work in the last four weeks...including just asking friends if they know of anything, then you're not unemployed. Most of these are people who don't want to work.

5. ....unemployed as one can possibly be, and tragically may never find work again, you are not counted in the figure we see relentlessly in the news -- currently 5.6%. Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed.
I can't thnk of any reason to consider someone not trying to work the same as someone trying to get work. Someone not trying is no more likely to get hired than someone who doesn't want to work, so the fact that someone not looking for work doesn't find one tells us nothing about how hard it is to find work.

6. -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.
That doesn't make it misleading since the definitions and methodolgy are publically available. The thing is that there really is no good or even adequate dividing line greater than one hour that makes any sense to say that this much is employed and this much not.

[quiote]7. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as well as the depressingly underemployed, amounts to a Big Lie.[/qutoe] Since it's not meant to and doesn't claim to measure suffereing or underemployed, it's not a lie.

Interesting word salad, or tap-dance, designed to cloud the issue.

The writer of the article, the CEO of Gallup, is correct.
Inadvertently, you verify same.

I think we all know what the MSM would be reporting if a Republican president had been in office these past 6 years, daily doom and gloom.

How so? What have I said that is not true or clouds the issue?
True or False: The UE rate is intended and or publically touted by BLS as a measure of suffering or underemployment?

True or False: BLS does not publically disclose their methodology or defintions and/or lies about the definitions?

Both of those would have to be true for the OP to be correct.

I think we all know what the MSM would be reporting if a Republican president had been in office these past 6 years, daily doom and gloom.

Of course you are correct.....

As most of us were, I've been sickened by the Islamists burning that Jordanian pilot alive.

Had a Republican President....

a. dismissed the threat thus: "Obama Dismisses Al-Qaeda Resurgence: They’re JV"
Obama Dismisses Al-Qaeda Resurgence They 8217 re JV TheBlaze.com

and

b. none of the MSM would have ignored that Obama was responsible for allowing the resurgence...
Obama made another huge mistake in refusing to negotiate an agreement to leave US troops in Iraq.

This is the source of the problem with ISIS: they're there because we weren't.
"Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq
Obama then denied that he ever supported a status of forces agreement that would have left troops in Iraq:

MR. ROMNEY: [W]ith regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status of forces agreement. Did you —

PRESIDENT OBAMA: That's not true.

MR. ROMNEY: Oh, you didn't — you didn't want a status of forces agreement?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, but what I — what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.

"Here's one thing I've learned as commander in chief," Obama said at the end of the exchange. "You've got to be clear, both to our allies and our enemies, about where you stand and what you mean
Obama s 2012 Debate Boast I Didn t Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq The Weekly Standard

a. "This month, Colin Kahl, the senior Pentagon official in charge of Iraq policy at the time, explained why the White House insisted on Iraq’s parliament approving the changes to the SOFA.

He wrote in Politico Magazine that in 2011 Iraq’s prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, “told U.S. negotiators that he was willing to sign an executive memorandum of understanding that included these legal protections.

Yet this time around, Obama is willing to accept an agreement from Iraq’s foreign ministry on U.S. forces in Iraq without a vote of Iraq’s parliament. “We believe we need a separate set of assurances from the Iraqis,” one senior U.S. defense official told The Daily Beast on Sunday. This official said this would likely be an agreement or exchange of diplomatic notes from the Iraq’s foreign ministry. “We basically need a piece of paper from them,” another U.S. official involved in the negotiations told The Daily Beast. The official didn’t explain why the parliamentary vote, so crucial three years ago, was no longer needed.”
Obama Does a U-Turn on Immunity for U.S. Troops in Iraq - The Daily Beast

Obama rejected it.....the Jordanian pilot paid for Obama's ignorance.

Last edited:
True or False: The UE rate is intended and or publically touted by BLS as a measure of suffering or underemployment?

True or False: BLS does not publically disclose their methodology or defintions and/or lies about the definitions?

While trying to do the opposite, you've essentially agreed that the article was correct.

The fixed numbers authored by Obama's BLS was for the low information voter who sees only the headline...
I'm sure you know that....so don't hide behind " their methodology or definitions are available."

That's a lie.

You poor, poor thing.

It does.

He's actually failed at nothing.

He makes you angry and sad. Good. That's what he was elected to do, make RWnuts angry and sad.

If he made you happy, he'd be letting down the people who elected him.

While trying to do the opposite, you've essentially agreed that the article was correct.
No, I haven't.

The fixed numbers authored by Obama's BLS was for the low information voter who sees only the headline...
Now you're claiming they're fixed? How?
And how are they meant for people who only see the headline? Have you ever read the actual news release, not what the media feeds you? In no way could you claim the news release from BLS is in any way deceptive.
]

No, I haven't.

And how are they meant for people who only see the headline? Have you ever read the actual news release, not what the media feeds you? In no way could you claim the news release from BLS is in any way deceptive.
]

"And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today."
Census 8216 faked 8217 2012 election jobs report New York Post

No, I haven't.

]

"And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today."

A secret source...thats totally unbelieveable since the person he claims did it wasnt even an employee there.

Unemployment numbers is and has been a big lie. But let's not kid ourselves; both (major) parties know it's going on and do nothing about it.

Perhaps......

But there is this from the most corrupt administration in my time....

"1. "In the home stretch of the 2012 presidential campaign, from August to September, the unemployment rate fell sharply — raising eyebrows from Wall Street to Washington.

2. ...— from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September — might not have been all it seemed. The numbers, according to a reliable source, were manipulated..... the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.

3. .... two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.

And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today."

Do you have similar data for the other side?

INVESTIGATIVE REPORT U.S. Census Bureau Unsubstantiated Allegations that the Philadelphia Regional Office Manipulated the Unemployment Survey Leading up to the 2012 Presidential Election to Cause a Decrease in the National Unemployment Rate

I. Executive Summary

In October 2013, OIG received information alleging that management in the U.S. Census Bureau’s Philadelphia Regional Office instructed staff to falsify survey responses on the AHS and the CPS. Following this complaint, additional allegations were presented in various media publications, which reported widespread data falsification in the Census Bureau’s Philadelphia Regional Office.

OIG thoroughly investigated these allegations, and found no evidence that management in the Philadelphia Regional Office instructed staff to falsify data at any time for any reason. Further, we found no evidence of systemic data falsification in the Philadelphia Regional Office. Addressing allegations raised in the media, we found no evidence that the national unemployment rate was manipulated by staff in the Philadelphia Regional Office in the months leading up to the 2012 presidential election. To accomplish this, our analysis concluded that it would have taken 78 Census Bureau Field Representatives working together, in a coordinated way, to report each and every unemployed person included in their sample as "employed" or "not in labor force" during September 2012, an effort which likely would have been detected by the Census Bureau’s quality assurance procedures. Moreover, our analysis shows that the drop in the unemployment rate at that time is consistent with other indicators, including payroll estimates by Moody’s Analytics and Automatic Data Processing (ADP).

As part of our investigation, we reviewed the Census Bureau’s processes for identifying and taking action when data falsification is uncovered, and found that the quality assurance process in place creates the potential for conflicts of interest because the same supervisors who manage staff (and could direct the falsification of survey data) are responsible for reporting instances when their staff falsifies data. To remedy this situation, we recommend that the Census Bureau implement an independent system to check for falsification, similar to the one used during the Decennial Census. We also found that the CPS procedural manuals and training materials are outdated, inconsistent, and do not discuss prohibitions and serious consequences for falsifying survey data, and we recommend that they be corrected to include information about detecting and dealing with falsification when it occurs.

Our investigation also found that Census Bureau employees suspected of falsifying data are sometimes allowed to continue working while their surveys are being examined, in part due to advice from the Department’s Office of General Counsel. To avoid repeated falsification, we recommend that the Census Bureau implement a policy that prohibits employees suspected of falsification from collecting survey data while concerns about potential falsification are being examined. We also recommend that the Census Bureau implement a mechanism to communicate instances of data falsification with agencies on whose behalf surveys are being conducted.
What the OIG could only hint at, but could not say outright, and what I suspect to be true is that while the supervisors did not explicity tell anyone to falsify interviews, they probably did so broadly say "just get it done" that anyone would get the hint that they were to do whatever to get them done.

But that's not the same as actually falsifying the results, especially as that level of faking interviews would have little to no actual effect.

Unemployment numbers is and has been a big lie. But let's not kid ourselves; both (major) parties know it's going on and do nothing about it.

Perhaps......

But there is this from the most corrupt administration in my time....

"1. "In the home stretch of the 2012 presidential campaign, from August to September, the unemployment rate fell sharply — raising eyebrows from Wall Street to Washington.

2. ...— from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September — might not have been all it seemed. The numbers, according to a reliable source, were manipulated..... the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.

3. .... two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.

And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today."

Do you have similar data for the other side?

INVESTIGATIVE REPORT U.S. Census Bureau Unsubstantiated Allegations that the Philadelphia Regional Office Manipulated the Unemployment Survey Leading up to the 2012 Presidential Election to Cause a Decrease in the National Unemployment Rate

I. Executive Summary

In October 2013, OIG received information alleging that management in the U.S. Census Bureau’s Philadelphia Regional Office instructed staff to falsify survey responses on the AHS and the CPS. Following this complaint, additional allegations were presented in various media publications, which reported widespread data falsification in the Census Bureau’s Philadelphia Regional Office.

OIG thoroughly investigated these allegations, and found no evidence that management in the Philadelphia Regional Office instructed staff to falsify data at any time for any reason. Further, we found no evidence of systemic data falsification in the Philadelphia Regional Office. Addressing allegations raised in the media, we found no evidence that the national unemployment rate was manipulated by staff in the Philadelphia Regional Office in the months leading up to the 2012 presidential election. To accomplish this, our analysis concluded that it would have taken 78 Census Bureau Field Representatives working together, in a coordinated way, to report each and every unemployed person included in their sample as "employed" or "not in labor force" during September 2012, an effort which likely would have been detected by the Census Bureau’s quality assurance procedures. Moreover, our analysis shows that the drop in the unemployment rate at that time is consistent with other indicators, including payroll estimates by Moody’s Analytics and Automatic Data Processing (ADP).

As part of our investigation, we reviewed the Census Bureau’s processes for identifying and taking action when data falsification is uncovered, and found that the quality assurance process in place creates the potential for conflicts of interest because the same supervisors who manage staff (and could direct the falsification of survey data) are responsible for reporting instances when their staff falsifies data. To remedy this situation, we recommend that the Census Bureau implement an independent system to check for falsification, similar to the one used during the Decennial Census. We also found that the CPS procedural manuals and training materials are outdated, inconsistent, and do not discuss prohibitions and serious consequences for falsifying survey data, and we recommend that they be corrected to include information about detecting and dealing with falsification when it occurs.

Our investigation also found that Census Bureau employees suspected of falsifying data are sometimes allowed to continue working while their surveys are being examined, in part due to advice from the Department’s Office of General Counsel. To avoid repeated falsification, we recommend that the Census Bureau implement a policy that prohibits employees suspected of falsification from collecting survey data while concerns about potential falsification are being examined. We also recommend that the Census Bureau implement a mechanism to communicate instances of data falsification with agencies on whose behalf surveys are being conducted.
What the OIG could only hint at, but could not say outright, and what I suspect to be true is that while the supervisors did not explicity tell anyone to falsify interviews, they probably did so broadly say "just get it done" that anyone would get the hint that they were to do whatever to get them done.

But that's not the same as actually falsifying the results, especially as that level of faking interviews would have little to no actual effect.

"I suspect to be true is that while the supervisors did not explicity tell anyone to falsify interviews,....
But that's not the same as actually falsifying the results,..."

Quibble.

Forum List

Back