Reagan & Conservatives -- Revisonist History 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six months after the much touted Reagan "Evil Empire" speech, the USSR shot down a commercial airliner that had left Anchorage, Alaska and was flying to S. Korea. All aboard KAL 007 perished.

Six months after the much touted Reagan "Evil Empire" speech, the USSR shot down a commercial airliner that had left Anchorage, Alaska and was flying to S. Korea. All aboard KAL 007 perished.

Yeah it was Reagan's fault..Shut up you idiot:cuckoo:

:cuckoo:
Reagan was lampooned as a man of few ideas, which was true; .

From 1975 to 1979, Ronald Reagan wrote more than 600 radio addresses in his own hand, planning every plank in what would become his presidential platform. Herewith, a sampling of classic Reagan, compiled by Hoover fellows Kiron K. Skinner, Annelise Anderson, and Martin Anderson.

http://www.hoover.org/publications/hoover-digest/article/6861

Last edited:

Proving that they were indeed Evil and needed to be defeated

Or that they made a mistake.

Just like the Crew of USS Vincennes made a mistake when it shot down an Iranian Airliner full of pilgrams visiting Mecca.

Well, no, it was the fault of the Korean pilots who flew into Soviet Airspace. And that wasn't the first time that happened. Another Korean Airliner was shot down in 1978 when it flew into Russian airspace.

Just like the Crew of USS Vincennes made a mistake when it shot down an Iranian Airliner full of pilgrams visiting Mecca.

The old USSR wasn't evil? You leftist stooges really believe that?

[quot

Yeah, not even the CIA saw it coming.

List of all the other US Presidents and political leaders besides Reagan who called the USSR an "Evil Empire":

End of List

The USSR did not fall because Reagan confused it with Star Wars.

You mean the successfully tested antimissile defense system? That's another thing Progressives got wrong

Anti-missile defense systems didn't work then, and they don't work now.

Big secret of the Gulf War. Most of the time, the Patriot Missiles missed even SCUDs, which were 1950's technology.

I know the man who was the Captain of the Vincennes. This summer, while he was visiting, he told us the story. He discovered later that it was not a mistake, and the airliner carried 3 or 4 people on America's 'hit list'. It was decided that the death of the innocent people on board was worth getting the targets on the 'hit list'. There was equipment on board that distinguished military from commercial aircraft. This equipment went down, but they were told to continue with there mission, and the equipment would be straightened out in a few days. They 'accidentally' shot down the airliner. Later on, he discovered the truth.

The old USSR wasn't evil? You leftist stooges really believe that?

No more than anyone else. We genocided the Native Americans and had 400 years of racial discrimination/slavery.

But you stated shooting down an airliner by mistake "proves" they were evil.

Then so were we when we shot down that Iranian Airliner.

I know the man who was the Captain of the Vincennes. This summer, while he was visiting, he told us the story. He discovered later that it was not a mistake, and the airliner carried 3 or 4 people on America's 'hit list'. It was decided that the death of the innocent people on board was worth getting the targets on the 'hit list'. There was equipment on board that distinguished military from commercial aircraft. This equipment went down, but they were told to continue with there mission, and the equipment would be straightened out in a few days. They 'accidentally' shot down the airliner. Later on, he discovered the truth.

I think that's kind of a stretch.

The tapes of the action show that the crew really thought they were shooting at an Iranian F-14.

I think that's kind of a stretch.

The tapes of the action show that the crew really thought they were shooting at an Iranian F-14.

According to him, it happened because of equipment failure, and they thought that they were doing the right thing. He discovered the truth later. this guy is one of those rare people who cannot tell a lie, so I do notknow why he would have told this story if he had not discovered the truth.

Who said it was Reagans fault? Did I say it was Reagans fault? No, you said it. Thats because you are the real idiot. I'll bet you don't even know that speech or what it meant at the time it was made. It was Reagans protrayal of a tough guy. Remember, he was not a great actor, he was a class B actor. :eusa_boohoo:He was scolding the USSR. He mocked them and demeaned them. The enemies of the USA knew it was an act and Reagan was full of crap. The terrorist attacts began a month later with the bombing of the Beirut Embassy bombing. The communist decided to give full support to communist revolution in Central America which would make Reagan the ruler of an evil empire with Iran/Contra and his support of an illegal war. The Evil Empire speech was a bluff and none of our enemys fell for the bluff. The shoot down of KAL 007 showed the lack of fear or concern about the tough talking actor President.

Who said it was Reagans fault? Did I say it was Reagans fault? No, you said it. Thats because you are the real idiot. I'll bet you don't even know that speech or what it meant at the time it was made. It was Reagans protrayal of a tough guy. Remember, he was not a great actor, he was a class B actor. :eusa_boohoo:He was scolding the USSR. He mocked them and demeaned them. The enemies of the USA knew it was an act and Reagan was full of crap. The terrorist attacts began a month later with the bombing of the Beirut Embassy bombing. The communist decided to give full support to communist revolution in Central America which would make Reagan the ruler of an evil empire with Iran/Contra and his support of an illegal war. The Evil Empire speech was a bluff and none of our enemys fell for the bluff. The shoot down of KAL 007 showed the lack of fear or concern about the tough talking actor President.
It gives me pause to think that some so inept at history and economics feel compelled to comment on things they know so little about. Minimalist arguments, as the above, are fodder for and from the minds of analytic midgets.

I understand the internet provides a forum where the only requirements are a computer, a connection and the ability to put words together to form sentences. Yet you would think anyone with an iota of self respect would care about the integrity of what they write.

In the end, it is a forum open to anyone with fairly simple requirements given basic universal education and the availability of technology, but still...(pause)

Deploying Pershing II and Minuteman missiles in Europe was no bluff.

Building a military capable of wrecking Soviet Third Shock Army push through Fulda Gap was no bluff.

Building a space based antimissile defense system was no bluff

Your "facts" just ain't so

Last edited:

It gives me pause to think that some so inept at history and economics feel compelled to comment on things they know so little about. Minimalist arguments, as the above, are fodder for and from the minds of analytic midgets.

I understand the internet provides a forum where the only requirements are a computer, a connection and the ability to put words together to form sentences. Yet you would think anyone with an iota of self respect would care about the integrity of what they write.

In the end, it is a forum open to anyone with fairly simple requirements given basic universal education and the availability of technology, but still...(pause)

Lot of effort put into an attempt at an insult. BTW, I haven't made any comments about economics. The history I speak of comes from personal experiance. I remember the Reagan era. It was an era of death and destruction that people like you like to ignore. The death and destruction was kept in the shadows and excuses were made over and over, but the death and destruction was there. People like me have an obligation to remind and inform others so that the revisionist like yourself don't get away with attempts to cover-up the truth.

Why DO today's conservatives love Reagan?

Clearly it is because they don't know much about his policies in fact.

The man was a STATIST without doubt.

Still the people3 who claim to hate statists love Reagan.

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose

Why DO today's conservatives love Reagan?

Clearly it is because they don't know much about his policies in fact.

The man was a STATIST without doubt.

Still the people3 who claim to hate statists love Reagan.

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose

The showing his ignorance about Reagan and his policies is you

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back