Reagan & Conservatives -- Revisonist History 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
You progressives are just going to have to deal with the fact that Ronald Reagan hurt your cause to destroy the United States of America

Really?

I remember the years before Reagan, when we had a vibrant middle class, guys like my dad who were in the union could own their own homes and vacation property and take trips with the family, and lived a pretty comfortable life.

Now I know folks like myself who have college educations, but are still working two and three jobs to make ends meet.

The rich got richer and the rest of got screwed.

You progressives are just going to have to deal with the fact that Ronald Reagan hurt your cause to destroy the United States of America

Really?

I remember the years before Reagan, when we had a vibrant middle class, guys like my dad who were in the union could own their own homes and vacation property and take trips with the family, and lived a pretty comfortable life.

Now I know folks like myself who have college educations, but are still working two and three jobs to make ends meet.

Lol how droll do you not know anything but what is spoon fed you why you for ever going to be ignorant but actually happened but you're young still and too f****** stupid to realize what the 80's actually were like

Really?

Lol how droll do you not know anything but what is spoon fed you why you for ever going to be ignorant but actually happened but you're young still and too f****** stupid to realize what the 80's actually were like

Guy, I lived through the 1980's. They weren't that impressive. It started with a recession and ended with a recession.

Fact was, Unemployment was as bad at the end of Reagan's first term as it was when he took office.

Really?

I was there. Spent large amounts of time and money helping fight the Agent Orange battle with the Reagan Administration and finding shelter for homeless vet's.

Really?

Well I'm not too young to remember, lad.

Reagan's contribution to the mess we're in now is obvious.

Doubt me?

Do your own reseach into the size of government, the size of the deficit and the sixe of the national debt.

Everything the right wing mytholgy yells us about Reagan is a big fat lie.

the datas are there so there's NO excuse for being fooled other than you WANT to be fooled.

Really?

Doubt me?

Do your own reseach into the size of government, the size of the deficit and the sixe of the national debt.

the datas are there so there's NO excuse for being fooled other than you WANT to be fooled.

And this is the problem.

The REAL Reagan tripled the debt, raised taxes after cutting them, dramatically increased government spending, appointed moderates to the courts, gave amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens, and did dozens of other things that Republicans would never forgive a Bush for.

But he gave a really pretty speech in Berlin and a few years later, the wall came down.

And thus a legend is born.

I love this. The entire reason Ryan Reagan is hated it because liberals hate that he destroyed the giant communist Empire

Ryan Reagan?

No, the reason why Reagan is hated is because he destroyed the middle class.

Reagan's roll in "destroying the giant communist Empire" has been debated and argued about by historians for over 20 years. To make it as a statement of fact is disingenuous. The same can be said about his economic policies. As years go by and history is written by those further removed from the politics and emotions of that era, a more objective view is taken. This is why the Reagan fans have found it neccessary to revise the history of Reagan's history as it took it's natural and normal course of being written. They didn't like the facts and so they have seeded the history, and continue to do so, with distorted interpretations of events.
In time, these debatable events and viewpoints will only be argued by scholars and history buffs. It is discussed today because of the many who are still attached to the Reagan myth and how it impacts the view of conservatism. As conservatism has changed, Reagan and his ideas have less and less relevence. Like the policies and ideas of most past Presidents, they get washed away with time and the changes created by the passing of time.
The ideas and parts of history that will not wash away and not be contested are the Iran/Contra debacle that helped created an era of terrorist attacks on Americans and made him quilty of conducting an illegal war in Central America. Iran/Contra also led to his having the most corrupt administration in history, if one judges corruption by the number of indictments, convictions and pardons in an administration. These are the things that are sticking in the Reagan legacy and can not be removed. They are the things that will be written in the description of Reagan in the few short sentences that will follow his name in the long list of past and future Presidents.

Doubt me?

And this is the problem.

The REAL Reagan tripled the debt, raised taxes after cutting them, dramatically increased government spending, appointed moderates to the courts, gave amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens, and did dozens of other things that Republicans would never forgive a Bush for.

But he gave a really pretty speech in Berlin and a few years later, the wall came down.

The beauty of Reagan is he could do all the things above and yet convince people he did just the opposite. Why is that? Was it his acting ability, his little grin, did he believe his own words, or did people want to believe, just what?
Was his whole presidency one giant acting role and even he and the audience didn't know it? If so it deserves an academy award, it still today gets good revues today.
Did he in fact, not remember 124 times when questioned by the Iran-Contra Congressional committee? But his best scene was the tear down the wall take.

Doubt me?

And this is the problem.

We can explain it as many time as we need to: Reagan had to work with a Democrat Controlled congress who lied to him and the people about cutting spending

Doubt me?

And this is the problem.

We can explain it as many time as we need to: Reagan had to work with a Democrat Controlled congress who lied to him and the people about cutting spending

Coming up with excuses is not the same as explaining. Coming up with excuses is what one does when one can not explain or justify.

What a lot of fools cannot comprehend is that there is a direct correlation between Reagan's relevance in today's world and communism's irrelevance.

You know Russia and China still exist right? Are you just excited that the word "communism" is no longer used as much or what?

"Miss You"

I've been holding out so long
I've been eating jelly beans all alone
Lord I miss you
I've been hanging on the phone
I've been demagoguing wefare queens all alone
I can't replace you

Well, I've been haunted in my sleep
Unions and welfare would slowly creep
Lord I miss you
I've been wanting taxes to fall
And been waiting on your call
When the phone rings
It's just some friends of mine that say,
"Hey, what's the matter man?
We're gonna come around at twelve
With some Republicans that are just dyin' to meet you.
We're gonna bloviate and whine
Hey, let's go mess with black folks minds
You know, like we used to"

Oh everybody waits so long
Oh Ronnie,why do we wait so long
Won't your replacement come on! Come on!*

I've been walking in Central Park
Thinking days are looking dark
People saying I'm becoming reclusive
But what's with the party being so inclusive?

I've been stumbling on my feet
Wondering where's the next red meat
So conflicted about demographics
Asking people, "Why are we acting so damned democratic?"

Sometimes I want to say to myself
Sometimes I say

Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh
Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh
I miss you Ronnie

I guess I'm lying to myself
It's just you and no one else
Lord I was thinking of you, Ronnie
Last time I was at Reagan International to fly out
Who else would get in the bathtub to
Let government die out?
Lord, I miss you, Ronnie, yeah

And this is the problem.

Coming up with excuses is not the same as explaining. Coming up with excuses is what one does when one can not explain or justify.

It's not an "excuse"...Reagan's deal with Tip O'Neil to cut spending was one that Democrats later reneged on. That's a fact.

What a lot of fools cannot comprehend is that there is a direct correlation between Reagan's relevance in today's world and communism's irrelevance.

You know Russia and China still exist right? Are you just excited that the word "communism" is no longer used as much or what?
I am satisfied by communism's irrelevance. I understand that it is difficult for some to accept. Reagan smelled "blood", and the rest is history!

Last edited:
Really?

I was there. Spent large amounts of time and money helping fight the Agent Orange battle with the Reagan Administration and finding shelter for homeless vet's.

Uh huh. Agent Orange. Sure. Paraquat too, amiright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back