Reagan or Trump? Who was better?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know, I've heard a lot of Trump supporters saying that he was the best president evah!

I also remember a few years back when Reagan was deified as the best president as well.

So..............my question is.............which president was better, Trump or Reagan?

You know, I've heard a lot of Trump supporters saying that he was the best president evah!

I also remember a few years back when Reagan was deified as the best president as well.

So..............my question is.............which president was better, Trump or Reagan?
Both men loved America and envisioned what it could be. Both men were very much loved by those who appreciated them and both were cruelly hated by those who opposed them.

Reagan was more diplomatic than Trump and did accomplish some really good things.
But Reagan was nowhere near as intuitive or gutsy as Trump and nowhere near the terrier willing to try different things until he found something that actually solved the problem. Different men. Different times. I appreciated both.

But for the one President in my lifetime who accomplished the most good for America and Americans with obvious success, I have to give Trump the honors for that.

Trump was definitely better as he learned from his mentor's mistakes.

The two great Presidents were very tight, if you'll remember.

BN-KH911_TRUMPR_M_20150915164757.jpg

Reagan put America on a path that could potentially, eventually destroy its future. The final nail in total submission to an oligarchy. Trump wasn't as bad as that. Dubya was worse than both for that and other reasons.

Both men loved America and envisioned what it could be. Both men were very much loved by those who appreciated them and both were cruelly hated by those who opposed them.

Reagan was more diplomatic than Trump and did accomplish some really good things.
But Reagan was nowhere near as intuitive or gutsy as Trump and nowhere near the terrier willing to try different things until he found something that actually solved the problem. Different men. Different times. I appreciated both.

But for the one President in my lifetime who accomplished the most good for America and Americans with obvious success, I have to give Trump the honors for that.
Reagan resulted in Make Wall Street Great.

They were both hated by the America Last Establishment. Both love America and were former Democrats.

Trump had to deal with far more treasonous and self hating media within his country. Trump had to deal with more influential and powerful adversaries. Reagan had to deal with the greater unknown in their adversaries and was able to expand Americas influence.

Trump would need another term to get it right, he had to deal with some real losers early on.

Reagan resulted in Make Wall Street Great.
Reagan righted the cruel and destructive double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, almost non existent growth, stagnant wages, shortages, mismanagement on almost every level that he inherited from the Carter Administration. His tax policies righted the economy and by the end of his first term we were doing pretty darn well.

I don't measure Presidential legacy in this or that pet issue but in the overall effect on the nation and all Americans as well as the consequences that would result in subsequent years. All Presidents enjoy successes and failures, wins and losses, good calls and mistakes, but in the end, if we look at the big picture, we can evaluate overall effectiveness.

Reagan's most memorable legacy was in masterful negotiation of the cold war that broke the will of the USSR and would bring down the Berlin Wall in 1989. He was convincing enough to win 44 states in 1980 and successful enough to win 49 states in 1984. He almost got Mondale's Minnesota that year too when he lost by just .18%.

And it was underscored years later when Gorbachev, with tears in his eyes, paid his respects to Reagan at Reagan's funeral.

Reagan righted the cruel and destructive double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, almost non existent growth, stagnant wages, shortages, mismanagement on almost every level that he inherited from the Carter Administration. His tax policies righted the economy and by the end of his first term we were doing pretty darn well.

I don't measure Presidential legacy in this or that pet issue but in the overall effect on the nation and all Americans as well as the consequences that would result in subsequent years. All Presidents enjoy successes and failures, but in the end, if we look at the big picture, we can evaluate overall effectiveness. Reagan's most memorable legacy was in masterful negotiation of the cold war that broke the will of the USSR and would bring down the Berlin Wall in 1989. He was convincing enough to win 44 states in 1980 and successful enough to win 49 states in 1984. He almost got Mondale's Minnesota that year too when he lost by just .18%.

And it was underscored years later when Gorbachev, with tears in his eyes, paid his respects to Reagan at Reagan's funeral.
The Rich and Powerful always mourn the Rich and Powerful as a public sign of respect.

Trump.
Trump ran as MAGA while Reagan ran as Rich get Richer.
Don't forget Reagan's Amnesty.

Reagan’s amnesty was genius. He was trying to stop what we’ve seen for the past 40 years and especially what Veggie *Joe is doing.

Reagan’s amnesty was genius. He was trying to stop what we’ve seen for the past 40 years and especially what Veggie *Joe is doing.
Reagan joined hands with every senator to replace US minorities with Business Visas from China and Japan.
I know business people love him, but he was a ruthless scumbag in many ways.

I am no fan of Reagan or any other R President until Trump.
That's fascinating to me. If you're a theocrat I get it b/c of the supreme court but if not his tax cuts were just another great redistribution of wealth from the lower and middle classes to the upper classes. And those are his only 2 legacies.

Reagan had charisma, knew how to talk to people and got great things done.

Trump lacks charisma, but that's a big reason he calls out the left for what they are. He also accomplished great things. More than Reagan he probably knows a good deal when he sees one, with few or no concessions. If I could pick a POTUS it would be Trump's ability with Reagan's charisma.

Reagan had charisma, knew how to talk to people and got many great things done.

Trump lacks charisma, but that's a big reason he calls out the left for what they are. He also accomplished many great things, and more than Reagan he probably knows a good deal when he sees one, with few or no concessions.
Reagan did not have to deal with the moral divide that currently exists in the US.

Forum List

Back