Real Misogyny: Debunking the War on Women

Don't get too confused about the GOP's war on women.

It's not a war on THEIR women.

Don't any of you remember back when abortions were illegal?

I do.

Let's go back to the 60's shall we?

I also remember that my rich friends who get knocked op disappeared for a few months and then suddenly their problem was gone.

So when the GOP says they do not want to pay for abortions, do remember they do not want to pay for POOR FOLKS' abortions,

Their gals will be just fine, thanks.

I really must thank you. For proving my point. You only care about women when it comes to politics or is convenient to you. I hope you're happy with yourself, my friend. Frankly if I were you, I'd be ashamed. Women overseas are being abused and mistreated daily, and the worst you have to worry about is abortion. Seriously. The two pale in comparison.

Perhaps we need stick to reality, okay? Put away the time machine.

look at the links then come back and run your mouth

Don't care to. I'll "run my mouth" with, or without your permission. Thanks. When you actually give a damn about all the women, including the ones actually being mistreated, then you can spout your nonsense to me. Until then, this "war on women" is nothing but sheer hypocrisy on your part.

Don't get too confused about the GOP's war on women.

It's not a war on THEIR women.

Don't any of you remember back when abortions were illegal?

I do.

Let's go back to the 60's shall we?

I also remember that my rich friends who get knocked op disappeared for a few months and then suddenly their problem was gone.

So when the GOP says they do not want to pay for abortions, do remember they do not want to pay for POOR FOLKS' abortions,

Their gals will be just fine, thanks.

I really must thank you. For proving my point. You only care about women when it comes to politics or is convenient to you. I hope you're happy with yourself, my friend. Frankly if I were you, I'd be ashamed. Women overseas are being abused and mistreated daily, and the worst you have to worry about is abortion. Seriously. The two pale in comparison.

Perhaps we need stick to reality, okay? Put away the time machine.

life experience is now a time machine? reality is not what you learn in your grandmothers basement....you are aware of that...right?

so before you insult someone with life experience...why dont you get out and get your own....video heros are worth much in real life

Just to clarify, you are stating that the war on women in the US is not occurring because women are mistreated in the Middle East. Yes?

No, what you call a "war" is nothing more than propaganda. It is political hyperbole. Drummed up hysteria. You can't possibly believe that there is a war being waged against women here in America, can you? Since when do we stage public beatings and stonings of women in the streets as a matter of punishment or twisted justice? Hmm? Do you see anyone doing such a thing here? No. Because you would be arrested and put away for a long, long time if you did.

So, what "war" are we talking about exactly? The real one in the Middle East, against those poor women.

So your argument, again, seems to be that a woman should be happy being forced to have a baby she doesn't want because, gosh darn it, at least we aren't taking you out in the street and stoning you.

Do you really think this is an intellectually honest argument?

Sorry, guy, there is a misogynistic streak in the GOP. The very thought of women controlling their sexuality frightens you for some reason.

he want links then refuses links....the closed mind is a dangerous thing

but again...you cant fix stupid nor can you tell it a damn thing

Just to clarify, you are stating that the war on women in the US is not occurring because women are mistreated in the Middle East. Yes?

No, what you call a "war" is nothing more than propaganda. It is political hyperbole. Drummed up hysteria. You can't possibly believe that there is a war being waged against women here in America, can you? Since when do we stage public beatings and stonings of women in the streets as a matter of punishment or twisted justice? Hmm? Do you see anyone doing such a thing here? No. Because you would be arrested and put away for a long, long time if you did.

So, what "war" are we talking about exactly? The real one in the Middle East, against those poor women.

So your argument, again, seems to be that a woman should be happy being forced to have a baby she doesn't want because, gosh darn it, at least we aren't taking you out in the street and stoning you.

Do you really think this is an intellectually honest argument?

Sorry, guy, there is a misogynistic streak in the GOP. The very thought of women controlling their sexuality frightens you for some reason.

Lovely. Imagine this very same woman being castrated as a child, married off to an elderly man to perhaps be sodomized, beaten, stoned, or worse, killed for exercising her own rights. Imagine, that if she wanted to have a baby, these men would beat her until she miscarried. Yes, there are other choices rather than abortion, Joe. You'd prefer murder to a choice, and that's good to know. Par for the course for you.

So, understand one thing, Joe. You're comparing a political party to these people. Is this what you want to go with?

Sorry, you saying so doesn't make it so.

No, what is hysteria is arresting and imprisoning women who have a still born child or a miscarriage with a drummed up charge of unproven substance abuse leading to "fetal homicide". Completely ignoring the fact that miscarriages occur most often spontaneously. There are an estimated 250 women in the US that have been imprisoned since 2005. There were 413 cases between 1973 and 2005.
Arrests of and Forced Interventions on Pregnant Women in the United States, 1973?2005: Implications for Women?s Legal Status and Public Health

The war on women constitutes both legislative and rhetorical attacks that come from the GOP. Not some made up propaganda/comparison that you pulled out of your head.

Last edited:
Come now. If women really meant that much to you guys, you wouldn't be using them as tools for your sick political "war on women" schtick. Alas, no admissions are forthcoming, just more trolling and name calling. Such is the self defeating nature of liberalism.

Have a good morning!

[

Lovely. Imagine this very same woman being castrated as a child, married off to an elderly man to perhaps be sodomized, beaten, stoned, or worse, killed for exercising her own rights. Imagine, that if she wanted to have a baby, these men would beat her until she miscarried. Yes, there are other choices rather than abortion, Joe. You'd prefer murder to a choice, and that's good to know. Par for the course for you.

So, understand one thing, Joe. You're comparing a political party to these people. Is this what you want to go with?

Sorry, you saying so doesn't make it so.

Guy, I get the feeling you don't know a lot of actual Muslims. Trust me, I could find just as many horror stories from the red states about families that are dysfunctional.

I think that there are some elements in the Christian Right that are every bit as misogynitic as people in certain regions of the Islamic World.

And then you have the rich 1%ers who play on that misogyny in order to get them to vote against their own economic interests.

Which is why you are without a job, without health coverage and complaining that someone else might be getting an abortion, and that's horrible, so you'll keep voting for the people who put you in that situation.

I don't think anyone here will defend the kind of outrages presented in that film. A more pertinent question might be if any of the lefties here recognize the abuse inherent in 'feminists' denigrating and demeaning women who choose to be full-time stay at home moms/caregivers/homemakers?

unk i will be happy to discuss that issue but not with someone who's life experiences are playing video games in his grandmother's basement....

No, what is hysteria is arresting and imprisoning women who have a still born child or a miscarriage with a drummed up charge of unproven substance abuse leading to "fetal homicide". Completely ignoring the fact that miscarriages occur most often spontaneously. There are an estimated 250 women in the US that have been imprisoned since 2005. There were 413 cases between 1973 and 2005.
Arrests of and Forced Interventions on Pregnant Women in the United States, 1973?2005: Implications for Women?s Legal Status and Public Health

The war on women constitutes both legislative and rhetorical attacks that come from the GOP. Not some made up propaganda/comparison that you pulled out of your head.

You must be joking. A study done by a women's advocacy group? You insult my intelligence. But then again, you do realize that Federal law recognizes that a developing child is indeed human, correct? And if that woman is doing something to intentionally harm, or if anyone for that matter is trying to harm the child, they could be held liable for a crime.

Title 18, Chapter 1 (Crimes), §1841 (18 USC 1841)

(a)
(1) Whoever engages in conduct that violates any of the provisions of law listed in subsection (b) and thereby causes the death of, or bodily injury (as defined in section 1365) to, a child, who is in utero at the time the conduct takes place, is guilty of a separate offense under this section.
(2)
(A) Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the punishment for that separate offense is the same as the punishment provided under Federal law for that conduct had that injury or death occurred to the unborn child’s mother.
(B) An offense under this section does not require proof that—
(i) the person engaging in the conduct had knowledge or should have had knowledge that the victim of the underlying offense was pregnant; or
(ii) the defendant intended to cause the death of, or bodily injury to, the unborn child.
(C) If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided under sections 1111, 1112, and 1113 of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being.
(D) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the death penalty shall not be imposed for an offense under this section.

And there you have it. Keep that garbage to yourself. "War on women," ha!

Come now. If women really meant that much to you guys, you wouldn't be using them as tools for your sick political "war on women" schtick. Alas, no admissions are forthcoming, just more trolling and name calling. Such is the self defeating nature of liberalism.

Have a good morning!

I think you are mistaken about who the tools are.

The only thing that keeps the shambling corpse of the Conservative movement alive is plutocratic money combined with Christian votes.

Now, the Plutocrats are clearly getting the better end of that deal. they got their union busting, their free trade, their tax cuts. They got their deregulation of the banking industry and they got tax-payer funded bailouts when they crashed the system because no one was monitoring their activities. So the Plutocrats got everything they wanted out of the deal.

SO let's see what the Christian Tools got.

Abortion is still legal after 40 years.

Gay Marriage is legal I think in 20 states now, probably will be legal in the whole country within a decade.

Republican governors are vetoing laws allowing people to discriminate on religious grounds.

Kids are still being taught evolution instead of "Creationism" or "intelligent design" or some other psuedo-science.

YOu still can't have mandetory Prayer in Schools.

Not to worry, though. We will pass this law that requires a woman to get an ultrasound wand shoved up her poonany and make her watch a fuzzy image to try to guilt her out of having an abortion. No, really, I think that's a head!

Oh, did we mention we are closing down the plant next month and moving it to China?

Last edited:
Women, homosexuals, the "poor", so many different demographics serve the liberal agenda as victims. Shame is, so many appear so incapable of independent thought, they fall into the trap and become useful tools.
How odd that they all have the same victimizes, heterosexual men.

How odd (?) that they all have the same victimizers: Muslim 'men'.

I don't think anyone here will defend the kind of outrages presented in that film. A more pertinent question might be if any of the lefties here recognize the abuse inherent in 'feminists' denigrating and demeaning women who choose to be full-time stay at home moms/caregivers/homemakers?

And when do they do that?

Given that it's impossible for most families to make it on one salary, that's kind of a silly claim, anyway.

You must be joking. A study done by a women's advocacy group? You insult my intelligence. But then again, you do realize that Federal law recognizes that a developing child is indeed human, correct? And if that woman is doing something to intentionally harm, or if anyone for that matter is trying to harm the child, they could be held liable for a crime.

(a)
(1) Whoever engages in conduct that violates any of the provisions of law listed in subsection (b) and thereby causes the death of, or bodily injury (as defined in section 1365) to, a child, who is in utero at the time the conduct takes place, is guilty of a separate offense under this section.
(2)
(A) Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the punishment for that separate offense is the same as the punishment provided under Federal law for that conduct had that injury or death occurred to the unborn child’s mother.
(i) the person engaging in the conduct had knowledge or should have had knowledge that the victim of the underlying offense was pregnant; or
(ii) the defendant intended to cause the death of, or bodily injury to, the unborn child.
(C) If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided under sections 1111, 1112, and 1113 of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being.
(D) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the death penalty shall not be imposed for an offense under this section.

There is a war on women sponsored and legislated by the GOP. It is not my problem that you lack the capacity to grasp this. It is yours. Our conversation has reached the end.

it is not impossible....to be a stay at home mom....i was a stay at home mom....working mostly part time when son was in school....it was not impossible...what was impossible....driving a new car every two years...my last new car...not just new to me...but new car was in 1986....i dont have a 100 pairs of shoes....i got 4 pairs of jeans and i shop at the good will or salvation army....why....cause it allows me the options i want....i felt it was much better for me to be raising my child than paying others to do it..when you factor in the costs of working....childcare, clothes, transportation, etc and so forth....you will find the woman is working for peanuts...

(a)
(2)

There is a war on women sponsored and legislated by the GOP. It is not my problem that you lack the capacity to grasp this. It is yours. Our conversation has reached the end.

In this, the real world, your opinions don't trump the law. Gee, now where have I heard that one before?

Forum List

Back