Real Racism: A History of the Democratic Party

Being Gay is not the same as being Black....Most black people are against Gay marriage

That's a fucking lie and you with your "white privilege" on overload. How fucking dare you speak for any black person, let alone "most black people". Fuck you. You have no idea what you're talking about. And if you check the polls, most Americans support gay marriage: For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage

69 % of Democrats and 78 % of liberals and 65 % of moderates...the groups to which most blacks belong.
Try talking about things which you know about and can back up.

You don't know me. You talk about privilege you're talking Obama. I talk to people every day I have yet to find one black person not even one who supports gay marriage and I don't need you're stupid bullshit polls to tell me that. Got it?

How the fuck does privilege relate to President Obama that doesn't relate to his previous white predecessors ? I know "of" you....and enough to know that you, not finding one black person, in your "small", "insignificant" circle , that supports gay marriage, gives you no authority to say that most Black Americans don't support gay marriage, when they, "in fact" do. Your opinion is not to be confused for "truth". Got it????

[

What? Where do you get your history from? What question are you referring to? If I recall the question of race was answered most affirmatively by Republicans!

Yes. Yes it has.

Their answer has been, "Let's get angry white people to vote for us by playing on their racial fears!"

Uhhh... you must live in an alternate reality. I'm pretty sure they were the main drivers behind the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

That's a fucking lie and you with your "white privilege" on overload. How fucking dare you speak for any black person, let alone "most black people". Fuck you. You have no idea what you're talking about. And if you check the polls, most Americans support gay marriage: For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage

69 % of Democrats and 78 % of liberals and 65 % of moderates...the groups to which most blacks belong.

You don't know me. You talk about privilege you're talking Obama. I talk to people every day I have yet to find one black person not even one who supports gay marriage and I don't need you're stupid bullshit polls to tell me that. Got it?

I doubt most of the people in this thread know any actual black folk. They all act like liberals from MAine, and see all those poor blacks, and feel the liberal white guilt in full force.....kind of a modern white liberals burden, which is why everything they say is a government program and if you're agains that, apparently you're a racist...

Oh, the poor maligned white people. I feel so sorry for them. Having to endure all that white guilt and labeling. Must be hard on you? Say no to drugs, in any event. LOL

Here's my question, which party has stood for equality over the past 150 years? How does this meld with the current platforms Liberal Democrats advocate today? I leave that for you to decide.
Toooooooooooooooooooooooo easy!

"Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948, the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation."

Check & MATE!!!!

SmileyFinger53.gif
slap_3f.gif
SmileyFinger53.gif

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

Uhh, you are just predicating this on the fact the these men were white and from the South. Checkmate, you fucking troll.
Predicting???????

323.png

Oh....wait....you're (obviously) hypertext-challenged....

303.gif

He "mended fences" for political reasons not very impressive really
Whatever. Barack Obama is on his second term, and his wife is the frontrunner, whether she runs or not for 2016. I call that brilliance and serendipity.

You think Michelle will run? True she has as much experience as Barack had, so it could happen

If your stupid ass had followed the thread, you would have realized that the "she " I was referring to was Hilary Clinton.

I hear of Liberal Democrats championing the causes of racial and gender equality in America today, while admirable, they have ignored their own history. Now, for a little history lesson. Let's do a little research shall we? Let us see who has been more detrimental to the causes of equality. Pay attention students, there will be a quiz at the end of this essay!

During the 1860s, Southern Democrats continually advocated the use of slavery. It took a Republican to slay these racial demons with the 13th Amendment. A major advocate of this being Frederick Douglass, a black Republican abolitionist, diplomat and former slave from Maryland.

During Antebellum, racial equality was continually hampered even after the 13th Amendment's passage; by Democrats who were taking ever increasing majorities in local, state and federal offices, especially during the 1880's. This eventually led to the instatement the Jim Crow laws. In 1875, attempts were made by Republicans to break Jim Crow, it was however, thwarted by Democrats. It was during this time the Democratic Party gave birth to the KKK.

For nearly a century, Jim Crow ruled over the land with an iron fist. Nary a black man anywhere could be treated equally, because of the racial hatred of the Democratic Party. These laws were finally ended by the Supreme Court Decision of 1954, Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka. Ironically, in 1963, it was Democrats who launched major opposition to the Equal Pay Act, which effectively ended the gender pay disparity in the workplace.

In 1964, Democrats were once again fighting to stop racial equality in the states. They fought tooth and nail against the Civil Rights act of 1964, with a former Klansman leading the charge. As a Democratic Senator Richard Russell from Georgia put it: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."

Then there was the famous Democratic Senator Strom Thurmond from South Carolina who was even moreso candid than Russell in his opposition, stating that "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."

For 57 days they filibustered the bill, until Senator Everett Dirksen (R-IL) shamed them into relenting. The Bill was signed into law by Lyndon Johnson in the Summer of 1964. The next year, the same Congress passed the Voting Rights Act.

Not long after that, Southern Democrats began defecting to the Republican Party, after the Democratic Party had shifted its focus towards its more moderate voting bloc to the north, and thusly polluting it for generations to come with their racial pragmatism.

Where were Democrats? I thought they claimed to be the party of equality? Yet history is riddled with examples of their racial hatred towards African Americans. It's sad in a way to think how they have warped and twisted their minds into believing the current platforms in place today, kept ignorant of the history that precedes the Democratic Party.

Here's my question, which party has stood for equality over the past 150 years? How does this meld with the current platforms Liberal Democrats advocate today? I leave that for you to decide.

Truly fucking hilarious. You answered your own question. All those racist and white Democrats swelled the ranks of the Republican Party leaving it 90% white, hating a black president and home to the KKK and the Aryan Nation and the NRA. However it all started, that's how it is now and you explained it perfectly. Kudos.

However right you are about the history, you conclusion is both flawed and delusional. But I did like the part where you said, "polluting it for generations to come with their racial pragmatism". What right wings are saying is they left the Democratic Party because when all the blacks joined, it became to them, "polluted".

Sure, after the Democrats followed the Republican lead on Civil Rights.

520.gif

529.gif
529.gif

I doubt most of the people in this thread know any actual black folk. They all act like liberals from MAine, and see all those poor blacks, and feel the liberal white guilt in full force.....kind of a modern white liberals burden, which is why everything they say is a government program and if you're agains that, apparently you're a racist...

Oh, the poor maligned white people. I feel so sorry for them. Having to endure all that white guilt and labeling. Must be hard on you? Say no to drugs, in any event. LOL

since you are the resident expert on white people, tell us more about us please.

Hilarious.

One wonders if moderators quickly moving fact-based challenges to nutballsim into the forums margins have the integrity to whisk this into the rubber room thread, or if they share racist residuals - er, properly Republican instincts - into the satire thread.

There is not a single HONEST human with a competent education in US history and an IQ above 60 who does not know that well above 90% of the reactionary rebel scum populating the KKK and blighting the pre-1968 Democrat Party converted to Republican Nutballism in the period 1968 and that by 1980 the most popular media description of these unreconstructed rebel white trash was "Reagan Republican".

Nice try, though. The failure of public education makes bogusness like your post believable to cesspool America. Relatively more highly developed nutballs can continue their evolution out of the neocon-fake-conservative big-government-shitpool by doing their own research to validate that reality does not always conform to pedantic, aka, literal, reports.

Oh jeez, give that crap a rest. You're an angry liberal who cannot contend with the facts. Democrats are inherent racists, whether the know it or not, whether you like it or not. Lets stop running from our failures, shall we?

My politics directly oppose the stampeding human cattle facilitating both corporate-driven parties looting of the US Treasury for thirty-some years.
Whatta terrible thing to say, about cattle.

Rush-Lemmingbaugh-lemmings.jpg

Whatever. Barack Obama is on his second term, and his wife is the frontrunner, whether she runs or not for 2016. I call that brilliance and serendipity.

You think Michelle will run? True she has as much experience as Barack had, so it could happen

If your stupid ass had followed the thread, you would have realized that the "she " I was referring to was Hilary Clinton.

Your lack of prepositional clarity not withstanding.

If you advocated and defended them, you may as well be. You may very well be just as susceptible to committing those same sins. But this is also irrelevant. You cannot acknowledge your own history, carbine. Just give it up. How does any of this apply to my OP?

No more responses will be given forthwith. You can argue with someone else on philosophy.

Just for the record I'm a registered Independent.

Can you name the modern day Democrats who defend, support, or in any way praise the Southern conservative wing of the Democratic Party as it existed in days of yore?

Can you list those people?

The Democrats of Cuyahoga County in Ohio.

Cuyahoga County Democrats have quietly returned the party to its racist roots | Cleveland Challenger

Guess where the concept of "white guilt" came from?

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/white-guilt-unfair-campaign.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh6GKjIOLXoN8JjE9ShEqzySzYDFNnPqO46C7tUxMv7OKaYxTk[/IMG

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F4BUwI9F4xE/T-O00L70j3I/AAAAAAAAG0g/ED1Tsaq7oi8/s1600/race+campaign.jpg[/IMG

Now instead of being racist (allegedly not to be) against black people, here they are being racist to white people.

If you aren't familiar with the studies done by Paul Sniderman, you may wish to familiarize yourself.

This argument is over.[/QUOTE]

Do you want me to repeat the question?

Last edited:
Goldwater was far from what Reagan aspired to be.

]

Oh really? And right off the top of your head, name the most important significant contrasts between the Goldwater agenda and the Reagan agenda.

Their views on abortion, religion and foreign policy (which is well noted). He was a protege at one point, but soon after became a staunch hard line Democrat for some time before defecting to the Republican party. It was at that time he departed with the ways of Goldwater altogether. Consequentially he never endorsed Reagan for president in either of those elections.

Goldwater was a Libertarian, and Reagan was a Conservative Republican. So you see, big differences.

So no difference in their support of the South's states right to segregate.

Can you name the modern day Democrats who defend, support, or in any way praise the Southern conservative wing of the Democratic Party as it existed in days of yore?

Cuyahoga County Democrats have quietly returned the party to its racist roots | Cleveland Challenger

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/white-guilt-unfair-campaign.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh6GKjIOLXoN8JjE9ShEqzySzYDFNnPqO46C7tUxMv7OKaYxTk[/IMG

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F4BUwI9F4xE/T-O00L70j3I/AAAAAAAAG0g/ED1Tsaq7oi8/s1600/race+campaign.jpg[/IMG

Now instead of being racist (allegedly not to be) against black people, here they are being racist to white people.

If you aren't familiar with the studies done by Paul Sniderman, you may wish to familiarize yourself.

Do you want me to repeat the question?[/QUOTE]

No. I answered it. If you are dissatisfied with the answer, by all means, keep haranguing me about it.

Do you want me to repeat the question?[/QUOTE]You were just given examples. Are you holding out for a direct quote from a Democrat saying, "I praise the Southern conservative wing of the Democratic Party as it existed in days of yore"?

Oh really? And right off the top of your head, name the most important significant contrasts between the Goldwater agenda and the Reagan agenda.

Their views on abortion, religion and foreign policy (which is well noted). He was a protege at one point, but soon after became a staunch hard line Democrat for some time before defecting to the Republican party. It was at that time he departed with the ways of Goldwater altogether. Consequentially he never endorsed Reagan for president in either of those elections.

Goldwater was a Libertarian, and Reagan was a Conservative Republican. So you see, big differences.

So no difference in their support of the South's states right to segregate.

Was he not the one who made MLK a national holiday? There's that.

http://capitalismmagazine.com/2004/06/did-ronald-reagan-torture-blacks/

Last edited:

This argument is over.[/quote]

Do you want me to repeat the question?[/QUOTE]You were just given examples. Are you holding out for a direct quote from a Democrat saying, "I praise the Southern conservative wing of the Democratic Party as it existed in days of yore"?[/QUOTE]

I want real examples.

I want, for example, a list of the current Democratic politicians who believe that a business should have the right to refuse service to someone because they are a person of color.

This argument is over.[/quote]

Do you want me to repeat the question?[/QUOTE]

No. I answered it. If you are dissatisfied with the answer, by all means, keep haranguing me about it.[/QUOTE]

So the sum total of your evidence that the Democratic Party of today is no different than the conservative Southern wing of the Democratic Party of 50 years ago is a small group of nuts in one county in Ohio?

Do you consider that a valid method with which to paint the other 99.9% of Democrats?

Being Gay is not the same as being Black....Most black people are against Gay marriage

And I'm not "feeling you". I have never felt you. And I won't be feeling you in the future.

The lies are being posted more and more frequently, but there are no new lies, just the same old ones regurgitated ad infinitum.

What the wingnuts don't realize is that fewer and fewer people buy into their dishonest propaganda, and the ones that do aren't quality citizens.

Lets do it this way, name a successful black man that has't been on goverment assistance, used affermitive action, or used the race card. There are plenty of conservative black men that are conservatives that didn't.

Successful Black Conservatives/Republicans

Dr. Ben Carson
Herman Cain
Dr. Thomas Sowell
Condoleeza Rice
Allen West
Alan Keyes
Clarence Thomas
Micheal Steele
Tim Scott
J.C. Watts
Gary Franks

How 'bout that!!

The Teabaggers will only have to take-off ONE shoe, to tally-up this count!!

:woohoo:

Do you want me to repeat the question?
You were just given examples. Are you holding out for a direct quote from a Democrat saying, "I praise the Southern conservative wing of the Democratic Party as it existed in days of yore"?

I want real examples.

I want, for example, a list of the current Democratic politicians who believe that a business should have the right to refuse service to someone because they are a person of color.

I just did as @asratis explained. If you are looking for specific examples you're not going to get any. I can find collective endorsements, not individual ones. Do you think a Democrat nowadays would be cause endorsing racism in public?

Now if you will excuse me.

Forum List

Back