"Reasonable" gun control vs "gun nut gun control"

So what exactly are you saying?
Big cities full of brown people are more dangerous?

Population density mostly. Nothing to do with race.

Yeah...okay.
Funny thing though,I live in a master planned community that has in excess of 8'000 homes. I'd have to say thats a pretty dense population.
Yet we never have shootings.

You are comparing that to cities with millions of people? You must be joking.

Houston and surrounding area population.....6.18 million. Try again.

Houston has plenty of shootings.

But none where I live...hmmmm.

Vermont, with the least restrictive gun laws in the US...
Murder rate: 0.47/100k
Gun related murder rate: 0.26/100k
Please compare this to the rest of the Western world.
For reference, VT has a lower murder rate than every western country, save for Japan, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
It has half the murder rate of the UK, France and Australia and one third the rate of Canada, Finland and Belgium.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And VT has nothing that would be considered a big city. Stop making more of a joke of yourself.

Yeah...okay.
Funny thing though,I live in a master planned community that has in excess of 8'000 homes. I'd have to say thats a pretty dense population.

Cities have more crime obviously.

For reference, VT has a lower murder rate than every western country, save for Japan, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
It has half the murder rate of the UK, France and Australia and one third the rate of Canada, Finland and Belgium.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And VT has nothing that would be considered a big city. Stop making more of a joke of yourself.

They also have very few brown people. And of course a lot of white people with guns.
Fact of the matter is,if you got rid of all the inner city ghetto/barrio killings we'd be the safest 1st world nation on the planet.

They also have very few brown people. And of course a lot of white people with guns.
Fact of the matter is,if you got rid of all the inner city ghetto/barrio killings we'd be the safest 1st world nation on the planet.

We'd be a very small country if you got rid of all the cities.

Yeah...okay.

Cities have more crime obviously.

I live in the city,but my particular part of it never has any shootings.
Well I take that back,about a month ago two hood rats went uptown and shot a nineteen year old girl in the head in the CVS parking lot. Guess what color they were..
Deputies Woman found shot slumped over steering wheel in Katy News - Home

So you're saying the entire population of these cities are criminals?
My God it's worse than I thought.

So you're saying the entire population of these cities are criminals?
My God it's worse than I thought.
Told you he'd only lie to you.

Interesting.
If not gun the gun control laws, what is cause for the difference between the levels of crime in CA and VT?

Yes.....they always say that gun control laws will reduce gun violence.....that is what they state....and then you mention other countries with absolute gun control .....Mexico...and other countries that have higher gun murder rates...and all of a sudden gun control doesn't work because....3rd world......but they said gun control would reduce gun violence....

Then.....you point out cities or states in the U.S. with all the gun control laws they want....Baltimore, Chicago, D.C....and assualt weapon bans, magazine limits, waiting periods, purchase limits, no gun show loopholes, fingerprinting gun owners, licensing, registration.........and they have high gun murder rates among their criminal classes......and they get real quiet about gun control laws.........

If gun control laws stop gun murder, they would stop murder in California and Vermont.....that is what their claims say......and yet it isn't true......

Never ever trust an anti gun extremist.....and never surrender a gun, bullet or piece of equipment based on anything they say or anything they guarantee.........their goal is to get all your guns and they will do it when they have the political power....

Interesting.
If not gun the gun control laws, what is cause for the difference between the levels of crime in CA and VT?
The way I see it the big cities get the double whammy.
Craploads of criminals who are more than happy to ignore gun laws,and law abiding citizens unable to protect themselves.
I know if I was a criminal i'd work in a heavily restricted state,no different than mass killings in gun free zones really.
In other words.... demographics.
Right?
Demographics combined with restrictive gun laws.
A match made in heaven for thugs.
Criminals -are- bolder when they know it is unlikely that any given victim is unarmed.
:dunno:

Low gun ownership does not create criminals. Many countries with low ownership have low crime.

And they only achieve that by having a police state.....like Japan. Many countries with low legal gun ownership have higher gun murder rates than the United States.......

Yeah...okay.

They are also in a border state with Mexico...a country with complete civilian disarmament....where the government and drug cartels murder their citizens in the thousands each year....and send that violence into Texas.....

But....what about criminals going to other states and bringing guns into Vermont....isn't that the other excuse gun grabbers use for high gun murder rates....?

Yeah...okay.

They are also in a border state with Mexico...a country with complete civilian disarmament....where the government and drug cartels murder their citizens in the thousands each year....and send that violence into Texas.....

Yep.
Many south american gang members come to Texas,and they carry on where they left off with rival gang members once they get here.

They don't have a single large city. No intelligent person would compare it to CA or any state with large cities. Your OP is a joke.

Yeah...okay.

If you never have shootings why are you so scared and clinging to your gun?

Really brain.......when you say something like that you really look stupid. Ask the family in Vice President Joe Biden's neighborhood...you know the ultra safe community...where the family was taken hostage, the 10 year old son was tortured to get the cooperation of the parents and the husband beaten to death with a bat, and the wife stabbed to death and the maid murdered as well........

Why didn't you warn them Brain.....you know the future........you keep telling us we don't need guns if we live in safe communities...why didn't you warn them?

Or the family.....the wife and daughter followed home by 2 monsters....again, a really, really nice community....the husband was a Doctor for goodness sakes.......they raped the wife and 2 daughters, beat the husband with a baseball bat and then ended up burning the wife and 2 daughters alive......all in a very safe community.......

And how about a golden oldie......the Tate and La Bianca families........living in Hollywood, very, very nice homes and communities.....and the manson family comes in and murders them....Sharon Tate...begging the killers to let her live so she can have her baby...she was pregnant when they murdered her....and they cut her open to see the baby.....another really, really safe community.........

(on a side note, close personal friend of barak and michelle obama, bernadine dorhn, whose husband is bill ayers......she adopted the 4 finger salute during the time she helped lead the riots at the democrat convention in the 60s...the 4 fingers represented the fork used by the manson family members to open Sharon Stones stomach....you know...kill the pigs.....
That is one of the close personal freinds of obama.....who introduced michelle to barak......)

If you can tell when people will need guns and when they won't need them brain...wow......imagine how many lives you could save.......

They don't have a single large city. No intelligent person would compare it to CA or any state with large cities. Your OP is a joke.

Yeah...okay.

Really brain.......when you say something like that you really look stupid. Ask the family in Vice President Joe Biden's neighborhood...you know the ultra safe community...where the family was taken hostage, the 10 year old son was tortured to get the cooperation of the parents and the husband beaten to death with a bat, and the wife stabbed to death and the maid murdered as well........

Why didn't you warn them Brain.....you know the future........you keep telling us we don't need guns if we live in safe communities...why didn't you warn them?

Or the family.....the wife and daughter followed home by 2 monsters....again, a really, really nice community....the husband was a Doctor for goodness sakes.......they raped the wife and 2 daughters, beat the husband with a baseball bat and then ended up burning the wife and 2 daughters alive......all in a very safe community.......

And how about a golden oldie......the Tate and La Bianca families........living in Hollywood, very, very nice homes and communities.....and the manson family comes in and murders them....Sharon Tate...begging the killers to let her live so she can have her baby...she was pregnant when they murdered her....and they cut her open to see the baby.....another really, really safe community.........

(on a side note, close personal friend of barak and michelle obama, bernadine dorhn, whose husband is bill ayers......she adopted the 4 finger salute during the time she helped lead the riots at the democrat convention in the 60s...the 4 fingers represented the fork used by the manson family members to open Sharon Stones stomach....you know...kill the pigs.....
That is one of the close personal freinds of obama.....who introduced michelle to barak......)

If you can tell when people will need guns and when they won't need them brain...wow......imagine how many lives you could save.......

You want me to be paranoid and scared for such rare events? You must be joking.

Yeah...okay.

CA borders mx too. Does VT? Another reason the comparison is just plain stupid.

Yeah...okay.

Not at all brain.....I am pointing out that they do happen...as do rapes, robberies and murders....and you never know where or when or who the victim will be. A nurse was leaving work and kidnapped and raped by 2 teenagers......they locked her in her trunk and pushed it into a reservoir. She took about 5 minutes to drown.....

You constantly mock people who carry guns for self defense.....even though crime happens to people every day, and no one knows if they will be the next victim.....you are a jerk......

Yeah...okay.

CA borders mx too. Does VT? Another reason the comparison is just plain stupid.

actually, no it isn't.....you guys keep saying that lax gun laws lead to more gun crime.....VT has lax gun laws....and doesn't have a lot of crime........California has extreme gun control....and lots of crime........

So VT should have a lot more crime than it actually does because it has lax gun laws... you say it should have more, it doesn't so you are wrong....

California, a state in a 1st world country has extreme gun control laws....and high rates of gun murder......you say it shouldn't...and it does....you are wrong.....

Yeah...okay.

Not at all brain.....I am pointing out that they do happen...as do rapes, robberies and murders....and you never know where or when or who the victim will be. A nurse was leaving work and kidnapped and raped by 2 teenagers......they locked her in her trunk and pushed it into a reservoir. She took about 5 minutes to drown.....

You constantly mock people who carry guns for self defense.....even though crime happens to people every day, and no one knows if they will be the next victim.....you are a jerk......

Most of it is thug on thug crime. Most people are more likely to accidently shoot themselves than fall prey to some violent crime.

Forum List

Back