Red Letter Christianity divergence....Chuckt

If I mentioned the Emergent Church, what is the Emergent Church? How many books has anyone here read on the subject. I own about three.

What would you do if you were in a Church that did a neighborhood study and took the name "Presbyerian" down or "Baptist" down because more people said they would join if you got rid of the name. They start playing games like this but wait; Most people don't know what is going on. They sit in the pew and don't know what is happening to their church and they are making changes faster than people know what is going on and faster than they can process the changes.

If you are going to reinvent Church, is it what the Apostles said and where do you draw the line?

There are four streams of the Emergent Church and one of them is heretical.

Jude 1:3 ¶ Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

The faith was once delivered to the saints. It was handed down. It was not something you reinvent. We are to contend for it.

And maybe it isn't what God wants it to be.
The problem is that everybody has a different take on what that is. They all believe they're right.

Or some people's take is on what they want instead of what God wants.
No one can speak for God. Many say they do but it's just an opinion.

And maybe it isn't what God wants it to be.
The problem is that everybody has a different take on what that is. They all believe they're right.

Right or wrong,living your life by those red letter words is the right thing to do,regardless of the religious aspect.
Who does? Some of us don't need to read a book to know how to behave.

actually I think there are thousands of streams.....for one thing, it is anathema to capitalize it.....Emergent Church.....the whole concept behind the emergent church is to free religion from modernism, including modernism's tendency to turn everything into absolutes that need capitalization.....

now, what is the heresy you see in one of the streams of the emergent church?.....

actually I think there are thousands of streams.....for one thing, it is anathema to capitalize it.....Emergent Church.....the whole concept behind the emergent church is to free religion from modernism, including modernism's tendency to turn everything into absolutes that need capitalization.....

now, what is the heresy you see in one of the streams of the emergent church?.....

It is the start of an apostasy movement. Why is that? I remember the news articles where Rick Warren told the church to change or die. Why would that be?

I remember my grandmothers and they basically talked about the days before television and radio. There wasn't an abundance of books. What did people read by candlelight? They read the Bible.

My grandmother came from an era where they didn't have rock star concerts. How much are concert tickets today? And people can't throw that in the offering plate. Is it an idol? I think they are.

She came through the depression where people didn't have food to eat and I think the big complaint back then was that people weren't thankful.

There was a day and it might have stopped in the 40's and 50's but people basically memorized their Bible.

Now you can't get people to church so Christians got depressed and now you got these guys selling their wares and getting you to buy their books. I toured the offices at one church and they have leather bound copies of the Purpose Driven Life.

So back to this Emergent Church stuff. They're saying that you have to become relevant to bring people to Jesus. Christians are now on the way out of Church because we're now labeled "joy busters". So this is an abandoning of Christianity in favor of postmodernism because they're playing a game where Sunday School teachers are no longer called Suday School teachers but they are now called "Shadowers".

Apostasy (from Greek αποστασία, meaning a defection or revolt, from απο, apo, "away, apart", στασις, stasis, "standing") is a term generally employed to describe the formal abandonment or renunciation of one's religion, especially if the motive is deemed unworthy.

Appendix:Glossary of Jewish terms - Wiktionary

The basis for this is that Church is no longer for Christians but it is now tailored for the non-Christian. Why? Because the way we have done things are deemed unworthy.

2 Peter 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
l2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

They stopped following the church model and they made church into a consumer driven business so they now show movies in church and you are now the merchandise. That is why megachurches are spending more money on themselves and less on evangelism.

I get the definition "stories" from "feigned words" and "make merchandise of you" means they are selling you. One large mega church pastor tells people to tell others their story. I say, "good emotional story" but it is worthless because it is not the gospel and it doesn't tell people how to get saved and people are forgetting what it means to be Christian because there is no discipline because they don't teach. It is the movie church or the Reader's Digest church. It doesn't get me through my day.

People are going to get fed up with that because when they face divorce or when they face depression or life's problems, there isn't a pastor there to help them with Biblical teaching. I know an emergent church and two people committed suicide in that church and the pastor won't tell anyone because it is bad for business. They don't feel responsible for the sheep and they tell us to do the work while forsaking doing it themselves.

Contrast that with:

Hebrews 13:17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

Do they act like they have to give an account? No. They don't want you to know who committed suicide in their church so they don't talk about it and the whole services for the next six months are scheduled around a plan called "Keep them happy".

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m5XRn-73iwo]4 Lanes of the Emerging Church - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mFI-J8Z4rpo]10 Signs You May Have Just Entered... The Emergent Church Zone - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back